Copyright (c) 2014 by JS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JS -- Blogmeister

Meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3H 2011-12

by JS

teacher: Sue Halbert

Title: Community Comparison (01/05/12)

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:11 PM GMT-5 • comment (9) • Reads 239

The 3H Crew had a great time Skyping with other classes from all over the world.  The 3rd graders used the information they learned and wrote "Community Comparison Essays." Please see their finished essays and posters on the Community Comparison link under "Teacher Assignments' or on the students' individual blogs.  Thanks again to Mr. Humble, Ms. Nairn, Mrs. Allen, Mr. Ferguson, Mr. Hanold and all of their classes for Skpying with us and sharing information about their communities.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 69

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs Franconia

By Katie

Today I will be sharing my research about Haddonfield, NJ my hometown, and Franconia, New Hampshire. I found this research from Skype notes that I took when I Skyped with Mr. Ferguson’s 4th grade class who go to school in Franconia, and the Internet. Haddonfield and Franconia are very different we have some similarities.

Here are some similarities between Haddonfield and Franconia. We are both in the Eastern Time Zone. They like the Philadelphia Eagles we do too. That is my research showing how my hometown and Franconia are the same.

Now I am going to share about the differences between Haddonfield and Franconia. There are so many differences. They are rural community and we are suburban community. They have different native animals like bears and moose. We have squirrels, birds, and chipmunks in Haddonfield. We live on a plain and they live on mountains. These are the reasons why Haddonfield and Franconia are different.

I really enjoyed learning about my hometown and Franconia because I got to learn about different landforms and all that cool stuff. I really want to do it again! I still think that Haddonfield and Franconia are very different.  

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM GMT-5 • comment (33) • Reads 91

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Joliet, Illinois

By Sarah

I am writing today about comparing Joliet, Illinois and my home town Haddonfield, New Jersey. To do research I went on the Internet, and we Skyped with 4th graders who live in Joliet too. I think Joliet, Illinois is similar and not so similar to Haddonfield.

There are a couple of things that are the same about Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois. We both have low plains. We also are both on the same planet, Earth. We live on the same continent, North America. We also live in the same country, the United States of America. Both of us are in a suburban area. Those are ways that Haddonfield and Joliet are similar.

There are also a couple things that are different about Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois.  They have different climates. Joliet’s climate is a long, cold winter and cool summer. Ours is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Haddonfield and Joliet are in different states. They have different time zones too. Haddonfield is in the Eastern time zone and Joliet is in the Central time zone. Those are ways they’re different.

There were some things that were the same about Haddonfield and Joliet and some things that are not. I felt good about researching Joliet, Illinois on the Internet because I found out the population is 152,000, and I think that’s really cool to find out!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 63

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs. Durango, Colorado

By Jamie

I will be sharing my research about my community, Haddonfield and Durango, Colorado. We know about Durango, Colorado because we Skyped with a class in Durango, Colorado and we learned so much about that place on the Internet. I think that Haddonfield and Durango, Colorado are very different.

There are many ways that Haddonfield and Durango Colorado are the same like we both live in the United States, also we both live in North American, did you know that? They even play soccer just like us. Also, they go swimming just like us. That’s amazing, but the thing I like the best is they play video games just like us too. That’s awesome right? There are sure a lot of things that are the same about Haddonfield and Durango.

There are so many different things about Haddonfield and Durango Colorado like they ski and we don’t. They also ice skate outside. There is sure alot of different things about Durango, Colorado and Haddonfield.

It was really cool to learn about Durango Colorado. It was fun to get to know more about Durango Colorado. I still think that Durango Colorado and Haddonfield are different.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 67

Community Comparison

Haddonfield, NJ vs. Burnside, UK

By Sebastiano

Today I will be sharing my research about Haddonfield, NJ and Burnside, Cambria UK. We did our research by Skyping with Mr. Humble’s class who go to school in Burneside and going on their blog to find out more information about their town.

There are similarities between Cambria, England and Haddonfield, NJ because they play sports such as soccer, and hockey and so do we. They go on field trips and we go on field trips too. Those are similarities about Haddonfield, NJ and Burnside, Cambria.

There are differences between Haddonfield and Burnside. The kids in Burneside do ghyll scrambling, net ball, hiking, pantomimes, and canoeing. Kids in Haddonfield don’t do those things. Burneside is in a different country; it is the United Kingdom. Its continent is Europe. Haddonfield is in the  United States of America and its continent is North America. Those are the differences between Haddonfield, NJ and Burnside, Cambria, UK.

That is all about Haddonfield NJ and Burnside UK. I was surprised that we Skyped from a class all the way from ENGLAND!!!               

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM GMT-5 • comment (9) • Reads 76

Community Comparison Essay Haddonfield vs Winnipeg

By Andrew

Today I will be talking about my home state Haddonfield and Winnipeg. I looked through the Internet to find out all the information I could find and I Skyped with Ms. Nairn’s class that lives in Winnipeg.  

I think Winnipeg is mostly different from Haddonfield because they have no capitals near them. Another difference is Winnipeg is a city and Haddonfield is a town. Winnipeg isn’t in the U.S.A., it is in Canada. Their favorite football team’s is the blue Bombers and ours is the Eagles. Their population is way bigger than ours. Ours is 5,000 and theirs is 742,400. That’s some facts about how Haddonfield is different from Winnipeg.    

This is how Winnipeg and Haddonfield are the same. We both live in North America. We both have the same animals living near us like squirrels and chipmunks. That is some of the ways Haddonfield is the same as Winnipeg.  

I feel very happy about learning all the interesting facts. Hope you visit my blog again!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM GMT-5 • comment (43) • Reads 74

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs. Joliet Illinois

By Lindsay

Today I will be sharing the information about Haddonfield, NJ and

Joliet Illinois. I Skped with Mrs. Allen’s 4th grade class who live in Joliet, Illinois.  I researched on the Internet. My opinion is that our communities might be the same.

There are many different ways that Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois are similar. They are similar because kids in Joliet, Illinois like swimming, soccer, basketball, and kick ball and so do the kids in Haddonfield.. Joliet, Illinois is a suburb just like Haddonfield. In the schools in Joliet, Illinois they have recess and lunch in the cafeteria just like we do in Haddonfield. We do things that are similar.

There are many ways that kids in Haddonfield and kids in Joliet, Illinois are different. We are different because there school is private and our school is public. We are the Tatem Tigers and the kids at the school in Joliet, Illinois are the Rockets. Joliet, Illinois is in the Central time zone and we are Eastern time zone. The favorite sports teams of the kids in Joliet are the White Sox’s, Bulls, Cubs, Bears, and Black Hawks. Our favorite sports teams are Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers. Our nearest city is Philadelphia and Joliet’s nearest city is Chicago, Illinois. On the day that we Skyped, Haddonfield’s sunrise was 7:24am and the sunset was 6:03pm. Mrs. Allen’s student’s told us their sunrise was 7:25am and their sunset was 5:49pm. These are some things that make Haddonfield different from Joliet, Illinois.

I enjoyed researching and comparing Joliet, Illinois and Haddonfield because it is very exciting to learn about a different town.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM GMT-5 • comment (27) • Reads 65

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Joliet 

By Dylan

Today I will be sharing my research on Haddonfield, NJ and Joliet, IL.  Our class got to Skyped with a class from Joliet, Illinois. Also we got to ask them questions about their community and questions about the global monster project.

I think Haddonfield and Juliet are different because Joliet has 156,417 people and Haddonfield has 11,593. Another way they are different is they have a different time zone. Joliet is in the Central time zone, and Haddonfield is in the Eastern time zone.

Haddonfield and Joliet are similar. They both have same the landform. Both places are low plains. Both places are the same type of community. They are suburbs.

I think that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Joliet, Illinois are mostly the same because most of the things I compared are the same.    

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 74

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Durango

By Henry

Hi! Today I will be sharing my research of similarities and differences of Haddonfield, N.J. and Durango, C.O. I think we are a little different than Durango. I hope you agree with me.

Right now I will be talking about the differences between Haddonfield and Durango. Most people in Durango like the Green Bay Packers, the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Rockies, and the USA soccer team. As Haddonfield is in New Jersey, we like the Philadelphia Phillies, Philadelphia Flyers, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Philadelphia 76ers, and the Philadelphia Union. We also have different landforms. They have mountains and rivers and we have plains and lakes. We also have different populations Haddonfield’s population is 11,593 and their population is 16,000 that’s a lot more than us. That is it for this paragraph.

Now I will be talking about the similarities of Haddonfield and Durango. Kids in both places like to go swimming, ice skating, skiing, and playing soccer. We both have similar animals like fish, birds, bugs, eels, squirrels, raccoons, and bunnies that live in or around our communities. Well, that’s how Haddonfield and Durango are the same.

Well I hope you agreed with me that Durango Colorado and Haddonfield, New Jersey are a little different than each other. I feel great about this project because I liked learning about what they do in Colorado.      

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 69

Community Comparison Haddonfield, NJ vs. Burneside, UK

By Jack

Today I will be writing about Haddonfield, NJ and Burneside, Cambria, England.  At first my class Skyped with Mr. Humble’s year 5 class and I looked at the Internet to find more information.

First I will write about the differences between people in Haddonfield, NJ and Burneside, England. Number one I live in Haddonfield which is in North America and Mr. Hubble’s class live in Europe. Number two we [AKA USA] have a president and they have a Queen.

These are some of the ways that Haddonfield and Burneside are the same! Number one we all live on Earth. Number two we all are people and we breath. Number three we all play work and we all eat! Number four we all play or some do play soccer [AKA football].

Now you have learned about Haddonfield, NJ and Burneside, England are a little different and a little bit the same. I like this project a lot and I hope you did too.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 61

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs. Winnipeg

By Gracie

Today I will be sharing information about Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada and my home town Haddonfield, NJ. I found information for both places.  I Skyped with Ms. Nairn’s 2nd grade class in Winnipeg. I think Winnipeg and Haddonfield have some differences and some similarities. You’ll have to find out yourself.

I will tell you what similarities Winnipeg and Haddonfield have. One of similarities is that Winnipeg is suburb just like Haddonfield. In Winnipeg the kids like soccer and football so do the kids in Haddonfield. Haddonfield has some ponds and Winnipeg also has some ponds. Those are some similarities but there are many more.

Now it’s time to talk about the differences between Winnipeg and Haddonfield. One of differences is that Winnipeg has cold winters and short cool summers and Haddonfield has hot summers and mild winters. Haddonfield’s most popular sport teams are Phillies (baseball), Eagles (football), and Flyers (hockey). Winnipeg likes the Winnipeg Jets (hockey) and the Blue Bombers (football). Winnipeg is part of the Center time zone, Haddonfield is part of the Eastern time zone. Those are some differences between Haddonfield and Winnipeg but there is many more.

I thought Winnipeg and Haddonfield had some similarities and some differences but now I think that they have more differences. I enjoyed doing this project because we Skyped with new people and learned about different places. I hope that we will do it again.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 79

Community Comparison Haddonfield V.S. Franconia

By Abby

Today I will be sharing my research about Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire.  I Skyped with Mr. Ferguson’s 4th grade class from Franconia, NH.  I think Haddonfield is sort of the same and sort of different from Franconia. 

I found out some ways Haddonfield and Franconia are different.  Some of the things that are different between Haddonfield and Franconia are that people in Franconia like the Penguins, Giants, Red Socks, and Yankees. Some of the people in Haddonfield like the Philadelphia Phillies, Eagles, 76ers, and the Flyers.  When you look out your window in New Hampshire, you will see mountains and snow and that is different from Haddonfield because Haddonfield’s ground is flat and it doesn’t usually snow in the fall, but in the winter it might snow a little.  If people in Haddonfield want to be a ski instructor or if they want to go skiing, New Hampshire is the place to go!  Those were some ideas for how Franconia is different from Haddonfield.

Here are some ways that these communities are the same.  Franconia has a hot summer and they like to go swimming in ponds, lakes, beaches, pools, and rivers; so do people in Haddonfield.  People in Franconia also like to go skiing – so do people in Haddonfield.  I also found out that both New Hampshire and New Jersey are in the United States. Those were some ideas of how Franconia is the same as Haddonfield.

I hope you enjoyed learning about how Franconia and Haddonfield are the same and different.  I liked learning about different communities and talking to the people in those communities.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 87

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Durango Colorado

By Elizabeth

Today I will be sharing my research about my home town, Haddonfield and Durango, Colorado. To do my research about Durango, Colorado, I used laptops, the Internet, and I Skyped with Mr. Honold’s 2nd grade class and took Skype notes. Haddonfield, New Jersey and Durango, Colorado are similar and different.

Here are ways Durango, Colorado and my home town Haddonfield, New Jersey are similar. One way is because people in Durango like to play video games and people in Haddonfield like to play video games. Also people in Durango like to play soccer and people in Haddonfield like to play soccer too. Durango, Colorado and Haddonfield are in the same country. We both live on the same continent, North America. That is how my hometown, Haddonfield and Durango are similar.

Haddonfield and Durango are different because Colorado’s state capital is Denver and New Jersey’s state capital is Trenton, NJ. Another difference is that Durango’s nearest city is Albuquerque, New Mexico and our nearest city is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Another difference is that their community is in the mountains and Haddonfield’s community is on a plain.  Also another difference is that they can climb mountains in their hometown and we can’t in Haddonfield.

I think that Durango, Colorado and Haddonfield are both cool places and they are similar, more similar then different. I loved learning about Durango Colorado.  

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 79

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Franconia

By Celia

Have you ever compared two towns? Well that is what I am doing! I am comparing my home town Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire! I am finding information by going on the Internet and by using my Skype notes. I got Skype notes by Skyping with a class from Franconia, New Hampshire! I am finding lots and lots of information! I think that Haddonfield is different from Franconia in lots of categories but in other categories Franconia and Haddonfield are very, very similar! Even though there are some similarities I think that Franconia, New Hampshire and Haddonfield, New Jersey are mostly similar! Read more to find out the similarities and differences=http://!

There are many ways that Haddonfield and Franconia are similar. Here are some of them. Both towns are in the Eastern time zone. Also, people in Franconia like to swim in pools just like the people in Haddonfield! Guess what? Franconia and Haddonfield root for the Eagles so go Eagles!!! Another similarity is that we both have at least some low plains in our community. We also both like biking! As you can see there are many similarities if you compare Haddonfield and Franconia!

I think that there are also many differences when comparing Haddonfield and Franconia just like there are many similarities. These are the differences, even though there are low plains in New Hampshire there are also mountains and lakes in New Hampshire=http://=http:// They also like to ski and hike but here in Haddonfield we don’t even have mountains=http://!! Another difference is that our state capital is Trenton, New Jersey and Franconia’s is Concord, New Hampshire. Also, most people in Franconia like the Penguins, Yankees, and the Red Sox and most people in Haddonfield like theEagles, Phillies, and the Flyers!!!Some other differences are that our climate is very different then Franconia’s because Haddonfield’s climate is: hot summer, and a mild winter and New Hampshire's climate is: cold winter, and a short cool summer. Another difference is that most people in Franconia go to Lafayette Regional School and we go to J.Fithian Tatem Elementary School. Some more differences arepeople start school at 7:30 in Franconia and in Haddonfield people start school at 8:30. Also, Franconia, New Hampshire is a rural area and Haddonfield, New Jersey is a suburb. One more difference is the sun rise at Franconia is normally different then the sun rise here at Haddonfield=http://=http://! Another difference is that Franconia, New Hampshire's nearest city is Boston, Massachusetts and Montreal, Canada and Haddonfield, New Jersey's nearest city is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As you can see there are a lot of differences between Haddonfield and Franconia=http://!!!!

I had fun learning about Franconia, New Hampshire because I like learning about different communities=http:// Now that I think about it I think that Haddonfield and Franconia are mostly different and I also think that even though Haddonfield and Franconia are different, we definitely have some things in common!!! I hope that you had fun learning about Haddonfield and Franconia because I definitely did!!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 61

Community Comparison: Haddonfield and Burneside

By:   Mary

Today I will be sharing my information about my home town Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria. I got this information by Skyping with Mr. Humble’s Year 5 class on November 4, 2011.

There are lots of similarities with Haddonfield and Burneside. Here are some of the similarities. Students in both Haddonfield and Burneside like to go on field trips and play soccer. That is all the similarities I found.

I found lots of differences with Haddonfield and Burneside. Here are a few of the differences. One of my differences is that they have a different time zone then we have. The kids in Burneside live in a rural community and the kids in Haddonfield live in a suburb. In Burneside, they have mountains and lakes. In Haddonfield we live on a plain.

I would share even more information but that’s all the information I know about Haddonfield and Burneside, England. It was really fun doing this essay I hope enjoyed it!

By:   Mary

I found lots of differences with Haddonfield and Burneside. Here are a few of the differences. One of my differences is that they have a different time zone then we have. The kids in Burneside live in a rural community and the kids in Haddonfield live in a suburb.  In Burneside, they have mountains and lakes. In Haddonfield we live on a plain.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 68

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Winnipeg

By: Maddie

Today I will be telling you all about my research about Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and my home town Haddonfield, N.J.  I got a lot of information by visiting websites about Winnipeg and Haddonfield. I also Skyped with Ms. Nairn’s class from Winnipeg. I found that Winnipeg has differences and similarities compared with Haddonfield. I think they are the same and different from each other.

When I did my research on Winnipeg and Haddonfield I found that there are many similarities. For example, both towns are suburbs. Another similarity is that we both live on planet Earth. For recreation…… both towns like kickball!    

When I did my research on Winnipeg and Haddonfield I found a lot of differences. For example, in Winnipeg the native animals are polar bears and in Haddonfield the native animals are birds and squirrels. Another difference is the landforms in Haddonfield. In Haddonfield there are ponds and trees and in Winnipeg there are mountains, trees, lakes, and rivers. In Winnipeg the time zone is different than the time zone in Haddonfield. In Winnipeg the time zone is Central and in Haddonfield the time zone is Eastern. And those are some ways Haddonfield is different from Winnipeg.

I had a lot of fun working on this project. I think that I’ve learned a lot about Canada and even more about Haddonfield. I think that it was really cool when we got to Skype with Ms. Nairn’s class. I still think Winnipeg and Haddonfield have similarities and differences.    

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM GMT-5 • comment (24) • Reads 161

By Sean

Today I will be sharing my research about Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois. The way I got this research was Skyping with Mrs. Allen’s 4th grade class and finding information on the Internet. My opinion is that Joliet, Illinois is a little bit of the same and a little different than Haddonfield.

The way that Joliet Illinois is the same as Haddonfield is that we are both in the United States of America. Also, we are both in North America. That is how Haddonfield and Joliet Illinois is the same.

The ways that Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois are different are that we live in different states; we live in different cities; and we live in different towns. That is how Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois are different.

I really enjoyed learning and comparing Haddonfield and Joliet, Illinois. My opinion is that Joliet Illinois is a little of the same and a little different than Haddonfield.            

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 74

By Katie

Hi! Today I will be sharing my research about comparing my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Durango, Colorado. I got my research by Skyping with Mr. Honold’s second grade class, looking on their blog, and looking on the Internet. I think that Durango, Colorado has many differences from Haddonfield but some similarities with Haddonfield. Read on and find out about the differences and the similarities with Durango, Colorado and Haddonfield, New Jersey.

Now, I will be talking about the similarities with Durango, Colorado and Haddonfield, New Jersey. One way that we are the same is that Colorado has the same national capital as us (which is Washington D.C.). Colorado is also a state in the U.S.A., on North America, and on the planet Earth just like Haddonfield. Another way they are similar is that the kids in Durango like to play sports and video games and in the summer they like to swim in pools just like Haddonfield kids! Also, they have bugs and birds around their area just like us too! A couple of other things that are the same are that they go to an Elementary school and have recess too. The last thing is that they have computers and we do too. Those are all of the similarities between us. Read on for the differences between Haddonfield and Durango.

Some differences between Durango, Colorado and Haddonfield, New Jersey are that their school is called Riverview and ours is called Tatem. We also have many more animals then them. We have squirrels, chipmunks, and bunnies. But those are only some of them. Another different thing is that our school mascot is a tiger and theirs is an eagle. We are not sure what specials are offered in their school but we get offered lots like Art, P.E., and Music. There are many more things that are different, but I have to move on. Also, we like different sports teams than them like we like the Eagles (football) and they like the Packers (also football). There is a couple more and here they are. They live in the Mountain Time zone and we live in the Eastern Time zone. They also have different landforms like they have mountains and we have plains. This one is very different. Durango’s population is 16,000 people and we only have 11,593!!! One other thing is that the climate is different. Ours is hot in the summer, mild in the winter and theirs is cold in the winter, and warm in the summer. And they also live almost on the opposite side of the country to us!! I am not sure if their school is public or private but ours is public. That might be a similarity but I’m not sure. Time to move on. Some interesting facts that we are different from each other are that they are two hours behind us and in Haddonfield people found Haddy (a dinosaur)! That is all of the differences for now but it is time for my last paragraph.

I really enjoyed comparing Haddonfield, New Jersey and Durango, Colorado because there were many interesting things about both communities. Even though we are far apart there are many ways that we are the same and different. That is all for now so I hope you learned a lot from all of my research=http://

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 78

Community Comparison Essay Haddonfield V.S. United Kingdom

By: Hailey

Today I will be sharing about my research on Haddonfield and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom. We looked up information about Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom by using blogs, websites, and I even Skyped with a class from United Kingdom and it was Mr. Humble’s class which was a fifth grade . Some of our research was very hard to do because you had to read a lot of stuff and it’s very hard to memorize things and then write it down on a piece of paper. My home town is Haddonfield, New Jersey. In Haddonfield, New Jersey, there are a lot of differences because the words in United Kingdom are different than ours in Haddonfield, New Jersey.

I found that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, United Kingdom are really different. Some of the differences I compared with Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom were the time, sports, and when it is breakfast, lunch, and dinner because United Kingdom is very different for doing the things the way we do it in New Jersey. In United Kingdom, they call dinner: supper, and lunch: dinner. They also call soccer: football. The time there is like 4 hours behind us. Cambria and New Jersey are really different.

I found that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom have a little bit of similarities because there are more different things that United Kingdom does. In the United Kingdom, some similarities are their clothes and recreation because they because they play sports that are the same as ours in Haddonfield, New Jersey. United Kingdom has also played games that are exactly like New Jersey. For example, football which is soccer, United Kingdom plays it even though it’s a different name but you can still play the same. The clothes are the same because the kids in the United Kingdom wear rainbow colors. These are ways that New Jersey and United Kingdom are similar.

I really enjoyed when I Skyped with the kids who live in the United Kingdom. It was really fun because you could learn about their country.  

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 67

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs. Winnipeg

By Chloe

Today I will be sharing the research I did on Haddonfield and Winnipeg, Canda. I skyped with Ms.Nairn’s 2nd grade class in Winnipeg. Then I looked up the information I did not know on the Internet. I think Haddonfield and Winnipeg are similar and different.

Haddonfield and Winnipeg are similar. They are similar because they like to do most of the same things like soccer, game consoles, football, kickball and other games. Also Winnipeg is in North America like Haddonfield. These are the similarities between Winnipeg and Haddonfield.

There are also differences too. Winnipeg is in the Central Time Zone and we are in the Eastern Time Zone. They have a different climate; it is a cold winter, and a cool summer. Ours is a hot summer, and a mild winter. Those are the differentness between Winnipeg, Canada and Haddonfield.

I enjoyed researching and comparing Winnipeg and Haddonfield because it was fun. There are differences and similarities.     

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 107

By Jack

Today I will be sharing my research about Haddonfield NJ & Franconia NH. I think Haddonfield & Franconia are similar but also different in some ways as well. I Skyped and used the Internet to get my information.

There are many ways that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire are similar. First, they are in the same time zone, Eastern Standard Time Zone. They are both in the United States. Finally, they have a similar climate. It is quite cold in the winter and warm in the summer months. Those are some of the similarities between Haddonfield, NJ and Franconia, NH.

I will now discuss differences between Haddonfield and Franconia. First, Franconia is a different type of community. They are rural and we are a suburb. When we look out our window, we see plains. When they look out their window, they see mountains. That is why Haddonfield and Franconia are different.

It was totally fun to Skype with Mr. Ferguson’s class who live in Franconia. Thank you for reading my blog!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 73

Community Comparison Haddonfield NJ vs. Burnside UK

By: Michael

In the two paragraphs after this one I will be sharing information about my hometown Haddonfield, NJ and Burnside, Cambria, UK. I will also be comparing them and so far, I think Burneside and Haddonfield are very different. I know this because of the Internet and I also Skyped with Mr. Humbles class and they live in                    Burneside, Cambria, UK.

I have seen some differences. One of the differences is Gyll scrambling (which is where you climb, jump and swim thought a river) because there’s no way we can go gyll scrambling here because we don’t have a river. Also, I don’t see people playing chess here as much as they play in Burneside. Plus I have never seen a mountain in my life and I don’t think there’s any Hockey Leagues here in Haddonfield. Along with that, they are rural community and we are suburban community. That’s how we are different.

There may be ways we are different but does that mean we aren’t the same??? NO!!! Some ways we the same are here in Haddonfield we play soccer and they love soccer anywhere in England. (Or like they call it, futball) Also we both have woods and water. Plus we go fishing and so do they. These are the similarities that we have.

I hope you learned a lot, I know that I did. I have felt that this was a little hard when I was researching. Also, I still think that Haddonfield, NJ and Burneside, UK are different.           

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 39

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs Winnipeg

By Nicholas

Today I will be sharing my research about my hometown Haddonfield and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I found this information by our Skype sheets which are notes from when we Skyped with Ms. Nairn’s class who live in Winnipeg, a website that gives information about Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and Ms. Narin’s 2nd grade class blog. I think my hometown Haddonfield is different than Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. If you read more you can find the similarities of my home town and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!

There is a lot of stuff alike between my hometown Haddonfield and Winnipeg. For the similarities, kids in both places play soccer, snowboard, and both play video games. We also both live in a suburban community.  Plus we both live on earth. So, if you like this keep reading to find out the differences and then you will learn more about Haddonfield and Winnipeg.

There are a lot of differences like Haddonfield is in the United States and Winnipeg is in Canada. Also, we both like different sport teams like we mostly like the Eagles and they like the Blue Bombers. People in Winnipeg live farther North and people in Haddonfield live more South. I hope you learned there a lot of differences between Haddonfield and Winnipeg.

I like learning this information because you get to learn more about your town and someone else’s town. When you finish, you let a lot of people see it by putting it on your blog.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 62

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs Winnipeg

By Nicholas

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 64

By Emma

Today I will be sharing my information and research about my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire. I researched by using my Skype Notes from the time we Skyped with Mr. Ferguson’s 4th grade students from Franconia, New Hampshire. I think that my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire are very different with some similarities. Read more to find out those similarities and differences about my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire.

Now, I will be talking about the similarities between my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire. They have the same country, continent, and planet as us which is the United States of America, North America, and Earth. Also, they are in the same time zone as us too which is the Eastern time zone. That is how my home town Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire are the same.

Now, I will be talking about the differences between my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire. They have mountains for their landform and we live on a plain. Also, they live in a different town, city, and state. That is why my hometown Haddonfield, New Jersey and Franconia, New Hampshire are different.

I think that Franconia, New Hampshire and Haddonfield, New Jersey are very different. I want to Skype with Mr. Ferguson’s class again because they were really friendly and nice. Thank you for reading my Community Comparison Essay.

I am a 3rd grader who goes to J. Fithian Tatem School. My favorite color is blue. I am 8 years old. I like to play Mario games. I have a mom, a dad, a brother, a dog, and a fish in my family. I like to go to the Phillies game. I have no idea what my favorite food is. I like to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. THANKS FOR READING MY BLOG !!!!!!!!