Copyright (c) 2014 by HM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HM -- Blogmeister

HM Blog

3H 2011-12

by HM

teacher: Sue Halbert

Community Comparison Essay Haddonfield V.S. United Kingdom

By: Hailey

Today I will be sharing about my research on Haddonfield and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom. We looked up information about Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom by using blogs, websites, and I even Skyped with a class from United Kingdom and it was Mr. Humble’s class which was a fifth grade . Some of our research was very hard to do because you had to read a lot of stuff and it’s very hard to memorize things and then write it down on a piece of paper. My home town is Haddonfield, New Jersey. In Haddonfield, New Jersey, there are a lot of differences because the words in United Kingdom are different than ours in Haddonfield, New Jersey.

I found that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, United Kingdom are really different. Some of the differences I compared with Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom were the time, sports, and when it is breakfast, lunch, and dinner because United Kingdom is very different for doing the things the way we do it in New Jersey. In United Kingdom, they call dinner: supper, and lunch: dinner. They also call soccer: football. The time there is like 4 hours behind us. Cambria and New Jersey are really different.

I found that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom have a little bit of similarities because there are more different things that United Kingdom does. In the United Kingdom, some similarities are their clothes and recreation because they because they play sports that are the same as ours in Haddonfield, New Jersey. United Kingdom has also played games that are exactly like New Jersey. For example, football which is soccer, United Kingdom plays it even though it’s a different name but you can still play the same. The clothes are the same because the kids in the United Kingdom wear rainbow colors. These are ways that New Jersey and United Kingdom are similar.

I really enjoyed when I Skyped with the kids who live in the United Kingdom. It was really fun because you could learn about their country.  

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 09:20 AM • comment (4) • Reads 111 • see all articles

I’m a third grader and Ms. Halbert is awesome. My favorite sports are soccer and basketball because they are really fun sports to play. My favorite place is Avalon, New Jersey. There is a shop called Avalon Freeze and that shop has awesome ice cream. I love Asian noodles and not a lot of people eat them. My favorite game is pay day. It is a money game but you use fake money. My favorite book is monster High: The Goulgh Next door and that is all about my blog!!