Copyright (c) 2014 by Anita Roberts-Long Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Literarily Speaking

8th grade gifted English follows the 9th grade curriculum in the order of the 8th grade units. 8th grade gifted Extended Academics intends to stretch gifted learners as does 8th grade Extended Academics intends to enrich studies for students scoring well in mathematics on standardized tests.

by Anita Roberts-Long

Free Rice
Purdue Online Writing Lab

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 04:03 PM GMT-6 • comment (43) • Reads 3493

Identify your favorite short story--written by you or someone else--and describe one quality that makes it work, making specific references to the text.

Publish your comment by clicking the Add to Comment button, typing your comment in the box or pasting your comment into the box, enter the privacy code, finally click submit.

Comment due on or before Friday 8:30 a.m.

Article posted October 8, 2011 at 06:36 AM GMT-6 • comment (4) • Reads 52

Describe a personal connection to a theme in Red Scarf Girl, making specific reference to the memoir.

Directions for posting Blog articles to ClassBlogmeister: Start at www.blogmeister.com

On the right side, in the “Edit Your Blog” section, login with your Name and password. (It is case-sensitive.) Click on “Articles” Type a “Title” for your blog article (Match MY title). In the “Article” window, paste your blog article (go to the Edit menu and select “Paste”). Press ENTER again after each paragraph to create a blank line between paragraphs. Remove your heading, so your personal information is no longer there. Click “Request Publishing”, then “Save”. Only click this ONCE, even though the screen will not change much. Look at the bottom of the screen. You should now see the title of your new article listed.

1st period
2nd period
3rd period
4th period
5th period
6th period
8th period

Ms. Roberts-Long is a National Board Certified Teacher with a Master's degree in English and a Bachelor's in English Education who is certified in gifted, journalism, and English. This is her 15th year of teaching, and she loves it.