Article posted March 29, 2012 at 02:37 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 108

The Gift...What is it’s Theme   

The Gift by James Patterson was a very intense book, and the theme was perseverance. In this book two characters, a brother and sister, named Whit and Wisty Allgood were fugitives running from the police for being accused of being a witch and wizard. It’s drenched in perseverance with the fact that they’re being looked for by a crazy dictator but they still try to fight back and save their friends and their parents. Though there parents are already on the brink of The River of Death, they still go to the Underworld to go find them even though they may be killed by Lost Ones. The book is riveting and intriguing and the perseverance exhibited in it makes you want to read more. The Gift by James Patterson is an awesome writer.

The Gift...What is it’s Theme    

Kildrummy Castle

There used to be a castle in Scotland called Kildrummy Castle. I did research on it and was surprised to find out that it was actually interesting. I found out that Kildrummy used to be owned by Robert the Bruce but went under siege and that lead to the death of many other Scottish people. In 1374 the castle’s heiress Isobel was taken and forced to marry Alexander Stewart who took Kildrummy and claimed the title Earl of Mar. Then it was taken over by James 1 in 1435 and became a royal castle until Elphinstone in 1507. Then it was abandoned in 1716. It then became the ruins of one of the most extensive castles in Scottish history. I thought that researching about it would be boring but it was actually intriguing and I hope other people enjoy learning about it as well.

mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:

EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">

Prejudice can be found in many places. It can be found at school on the playground-someone not playing to play with someone else because they are different or not wanting to sit by them because they are less popular. Prejudice can even be found in the grown-up world. It can be found in the workplace by person getting a promotion because of the color of their skin though someone else truly earned it. People can also experience prejudice applying for a job, by not getting it because of their race. Prejudice peppers the world in many different sizes and can be found almost anywhere. Everyone is created equal, and everyone needs to realize that.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 07:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

Make It or Break It

I remember standing in front of the goal, petrified with fear. The ball was at my feet siting like an obedient dog waiting to be kicked into the goal. The parents were cheering, my teammates were yelling, and the other team stood there waiting to see what I was going to do. It was the first game of the season and everyone was new to the game. My knees had been banging against each other and my teeth chattered like I was in Antarctica. The game was tied; all I had to do was kick. The goalie had let two easy balls already soar in, just one kick and we would win. At that moment I could barely move. Everything depended on me, the whole game, going to the tournament, one mistake and it was over. I had gulped and swung my foot. Everything slowed down and the whole field went silent as the goalie lunged, caught it, but then dropped the ball a millimeter behind the line. Everyone looked eagerly at the referee with begging eyes. He took a look, blew the whistle, and nodded slowly. I remember everyone exploding into cheers and noise suddenly, like a mighty thunderstorm that had been holding all of its power back and unexpectedly letting it all out. My team tackled me and I realized we had won. Everything had depended on me but I still had done it.

Role Models: How should we create them?

Question: Should we expect professional athletes to be role models or should we judge them only on their athletic performance?

I think that we should do both. No matter how talented they may be, that doesn’t mean they are a good person. People can pride a person in his or her athleticism but they don’t have to like their character. I think  it Is unfair for someone to be judged by what they do, especially an athlete. Many people who ridicule athletes because of what they do don’t know why the do it. Sometimes it could they grew up in a bad home or have had issues in the past. When it comes to athletes I think people should actually pay attention to what they do, instead of paying more attention to who they are.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:28 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

Have you ever set a goal? If you have, then you may know some of them are easy while some of them are hard. I gave up New Year’s Resolutions and decided to just set goals whenever I want, not when the clock strikes twelve on December 31st. I have many goals this year, one of them applying academically. I want to keep up with my homework better because it’s affecting my grades and I know that I should do a better job of it. To achieve it, I think that I should write it down instead of relying on myself to remember it. I also have a social goal-I want to be a nicer person. Sometimes I talk behind peoples’ backs and I know it’s wrong. To make my way to the goal I think that I should stop talking about them and instead of laughing when they’re picked on, I should defend them and tell the people to stop. Most importantly, is my spiritual goal. I want to read the bible more. I think that instead of being on my computer, phone, and IPod all day I should put all of it and read the bible for at least thirty minutes. Goals are very important and although some of them may be hard to achieve, you should keep at them because they may actually help you in life.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 355

Prissy

Chattanooga woman Prissy Trash was shocked when her husband began talking about taking in a Cambodian family. She became even more shocked when he told her it was a family of seven. After some coaxing, Prissy relented and allowed the family to come in her home. She was disgusted and very unsurprised to find that they were sick and she didn’t want them in her home.  She tried to teach them how to use modern conveniences and get them to realize they didn’t have to save food. She became frustrated with them and annoyed that they couldn’t understand the concepts she was trying to teach them. After a while she grew fond of the family and came to like them more. Eventually she loved the family very much and cared for them like her own family. In the beginning Prissy had a stone cold heart toward the family, but in the end she began to care for them. It just shows how one thing can change a person so much.

r blog here!