Chapter 1-How it all began

A group of scientists gathered together at a top secret lab at an island only known to top notch FBI agents to see if they could create the ultimate military contraption-a radioactive satellite that sent out a shockwave that would change the minds of terrorists to peace instead of war. After years of planning, it was finally ready to be activated. The scientist who pushed that button to send out the shockwave had no idea that the button he just carelessly pushed almost created Armageddon.

Chapter 2-What went wrong

One of the scientists had a virus and with the futuristic scientific material they were using, it was possible for the machine to get a virus. That virus changed the programming in the contraption to not change terrorists minds to peace, but changes every persons mind on Earth to war. The scientist who pushed that button had no idea what he just did. The group who invented it felt cocky and quite full of themselves because they thought they had just caused world peace-but quite the opposite. That moment a huge and unbelievable thing happened-all of the sudden everybody had the weird and unexplainable feeling of war in their minds- even the most peaceful people felt war-hungry. Of course there was the one outsider left who was the only one who could save the world. And that person was a 2 year old kid who can’t talk.

Chapter 3-Armageddon on Earth

So every person was hungry for war, and that meant everybody was in action-getting weapons, and no one trusted anybody but himself or herself, even though they should have betrayed their tampered conscience. The 2 year old kid had no mind of his own, or at least he couldn’t think for himself.But someone else could.

Chapter 4-Earth saved by a toddler

The person who actually helped the baby kidnapped him and took him on a jet to the ocean, planning to drown him, but when he dropped him, something strange happened-he was falling out of the skies at an unbelievable speed and he landed on the soft sand, not breaking a bone or getting a scratch-and he toddled over to the button and somehow disabled the satellite and saved the world. That is how a baby saved the world.

If it was my name was something else, I would really like Wisteria. That would definitely be an option for me. It means adventurous, and I also think that is a good character trait. I also like plant/flower and the scent. If I could have another name it would probably be Ariana. I really like the name, and it means self-confident and smart/high achieving. I think those are two good characteristics to have. I also hear from some people that I look like an Ariana.

My last choice would be Tara. It sounds cool to me. It means friendly and sociable, which also are good characteristics. Most people say a I look like an Ariana though.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 99

What is prejudice?

Prejudice is wrongly treating someone different for many reasons, like race or color of skin. Prejudice happened during the Jewish holocaust, and in the segregation towards African Americans. Prejudice is sometimes common because some people don’t like to have diversity, and they treat people differently(not in a good way) because of it. Prejudice can even happen in the hallways at school because of people who want to be “popular” try to rope in others and change their personalities but people who don’t deal with it get treated badly because they are different. Prejudice is a bad thing because when it happens most of the time it is because of something they can’t help or something that is stupid to make fun of someone for and they just do it to do it. Some people do prejudice to build themselves up and some because they are just that way. Some people have no intention of doing it but they do it without thinking. Prejudice can hurt people and life would be a lot easier without it.

Sometimes prejudice can be healed if the person realizes what they have done, but sometimes it is hard to heal. Sometimes people go way too far with it, like in the segregation towards African Americans. We all have to remember we all are different and God meant for us to have diversity, and we should accept that.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

My story through music is I was coming into Mr. York’s office to try out some instruments to see which one I would want to play the following year. I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what was going to happen. I walked in and in front of me was about every instrument I knew. The way trying out for instruments goes is you get an instrument ,learn the embouchure and then play some and by that see if you can play it and learn it well. I started out a little discouraged because I can’t play a brass instrument on my life. Mr. York saw that and handed me a clarinet. I could play it pretty well so at first I thought I was going to play the clarinet but then he went to the back and pulled out an oboe. I had never heard of it before, but it looked a little like a clarinet to me,so I decided that I would try it. I took a deep breath and blew hard. It made a very loud and powerful sound. Mr. York said most people can’t make a sound out of an oboe on the first try, so he said I should play it. I thought about it, and decided to play oboe. The beginning of the year started and I really liked being on the oboe; I had no competition because no one in the school can play it but me, and I was different than anyone else. In the middle of the year, Mr. York tells me he nominated me  for beginning honor band, and the GMEA directors accepted. I was excited. It was the first big thing I had ever done in music. The morning of the big band day, I was nervous but psyched.  I got there and had the time of my life. I talked to other oboists my age and we gave each other tips, and a really cool conductor taught us a lot about music and showed us our concert music, and I learned a lot about music that day.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT • comment • Reads 63

The best thing about 6th grade is having the freedom to walk around the school to every class instead of being in one class all day like in elementary. I really like being able to go around campus to all my classes. I also like not having to walk in straight lines anymore. I hated walking in straight lines with a strong passion. We would walk two steps and then we would stop and have to make our line perfect and then we would walk two steps, blah blah blah. But now we don’t have to do that anymore. YAYYYYY!  I also really like the cafeteria’s food. I love the salads with chicken and the pears and peaches and others fruits, and I really like the Snack Shack. My favorite thing there so far is the Little Debbie Zebra Cakes with the frosting filling. I think that is really good. I also like not having to carry around textbooks anymore, even though having our assignments online is a little hard for me to do. I also like doing Photo Booth in between classes. The cool thing is the weird effects you can do to your face. It is funny to see all the weird faces you can make. Also there are many more opportunities to grow spiritually and connect with God. In elementary we didn’t have the chance to go on mission trips and do all the stuff we do in chapel. Now we have cool bands come and to me it feels more fun to worship with music, because music is pretty much my life, with band and marching band. I also really like normal music too and now that is connected with worship I think it is really fun. I also like having lockers where you can store stuff so you don’t have to carry everything around with you. I have two lockers including my locker in the band room. I really like 6th grade so far.

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries