Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 172

What is prejudice?

Prejudice is self-centered. It’s judging a book by its cover. Judging someone by his or her appearance. Prejudice can be very hurtful; it’s mean and has a meaning. Prejudice is ugly inside and out and can carry a very strong impact. It is destructive; it caused the civil rights movement. Some of the best books are never read because of their appearance.

Physically disabled people face a lot of prejudice in their lives. People notice difference and good or bad, it is cruel really. Lots of people take advantage of others who appear to be different. I think difference is the base of prejudice. Americans and all other people can’t handle difference. Popularity had come form this I think too. Prejudice is bad, and it needs to stop.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 81

Prejudice is looking at a person and deciding if they are a good person by their looks, not by how they act, or feel.  I think that prejudice leads to many bullying coincidences.  I hate bullying, it is not good, and I wish it did not exist in the world.  Prejudice also leads to loneliness.  I do not like being lonely.  It makes me feel sad inside. I do not like prejudice. It leads to bad things.  Here is a lesson I think everyone should learn: Don’t judge a book by its cover. It will lead to some sad things.

What is prejudice?

Prejudice is judging someone by external features, not internal features. What that’s basically saying is that you judge the person by what they look like, and not what their feelings, thoughts, and their personality. It’s like judging a book by its cover. For example, if someone thought that Martin Luther King was bad just because that he was African-American. On the inside though, he was a great person.

Prejudice doesn’t have to be about the color of someone’s skin. People are prejudice in other things, like teenagers. Some adults think that if a there was a car wreck, a teenager did it.

Using prejudice is something that we should not do. It makes people feel bad even if they didn’t do anything. After a while you will regret what you have done and you will feel even worse inside.

Anyway, we shouldn’t use prejudice ever. It would be best for everyone if there was no prejudice in the world. To stop the prejudice in the world, all it needs is for one person to start the chain reaction. When people see others getting along and not judging each other, they will start to do it too. It contagious! It’s like when someone laughs, you start laughing. Start the chain reaction, don’t be prejudicial!

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is judging a book by its cover. I wish it didn’t exist though. I don’t like how people judge someone by the clothes they wear or how they look. I think it’s unfair how they do that, but honestly I did it too. There were lots of girls like that at my old school. They tied me in to judge people, and I still can’t believe I even thought it was right. Looking back I will never, ever do it again. I know how they feel because I’ve had a lot of lies whispered in my ear, and have been judged by how I look. I hate seeing people being judged like that and I hope one day it will stop.

Prejudice is when you have an option of liking two or more things, but you only like one of those things you are being prejudice to the things that you do not like. Prejudice is not being races it is just when you show more interest in one thing to another. That being said 99.1% of people are prejudice. I said to my dad that I liked Michael Jackson, but I did not like Smoky Robinson. I was being prejudice towards him. When you like an apple but hate pear you are being prejudice towards the pear. Even though it is an inanimate object. There are probably other definitions this is what my dad told me.

Article posted February 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

Where Does Prejudice Take Place?

I think that prejudice is everywhere in life whether the person is being genuine or rude. There is really no pacific where it can happen, so you must be ready for the worst in life.

What Is Prejudice?

I think having different races at different schools is prejudice. Just because someone is a different color than you wont mean that they have any different character traits then you. As people always say don’t judge a book by its cover. Just because somebody looks different then you wont mean that they are not just as smart as you. All people are smart, but some people just are not as smart as others. Al people have different character traits. Some people have mental problems that makes them not as good as a thinker as the rest of us. There is autism for example. The people in this world with that disease don’t think as well as the people that don’t have the disease. Most of us don’t have the disease so we are better thinkers. That is what I think is prejudice.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 64

Prejudice is to dislike someone or something just because of how they look or talk. The Americans used to have been very prejudice against the African Americans and made them slaves which is very bad. We should think about being prejudice every day. If we see a person and they do not look like us we should like them just the way they are. We should like him or her just the way there character traits are. We should love one and other.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 152

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is an opinion where there are no facts stated. Like judging a book by its cover. Like when white people judged black people. I think prejudice is wrong because it has no back up. A lot of people are prejudice. That is how rumors are spread. They have no reason to be lying about them. I think prejudice is not a good thing but yet still people act it all the time. Our world needs to change NOW!

Back in the olden days there was segregation. Almost everyone back then was prejudice. Every race was mad with every race! Everyone thought they were right it was chaotic!

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 73

What is prejudice?

Prejudice is a bad opinion about someone without a reason. Prejudice is having unreasonable feelings towards someone even if you don’t know them or anything about them. Prejudice is hurtful. Mean. Terrible. Prejudice is dumb. Prejudice is just looking on the outside instead of the inside. It’s being mean to someone or avoiding someone without thought. Why? I don’t know. They just do it. Prejudice needs to stop.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:28 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 80

WHAT IS PREJUDICE?

Prejudice is when you have an opinion about someone or something that is not true. It is an opinion. For example if I thought that all African American people are meant to be slaves and are nasty. I hate when people are prejudice! It’s so mean!!! I really hope everyone someday will not be prejudice. It is a TERRIBLE opinion to have! DON’T BE PREJUDICE!!!

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:30 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 110

Prejudice is a feeling of dislike towards someone or something. It is a feeling of supremacy over someone who is different. I feel that prejudice is a bad way to look at someone of a different race. It is a bad way to treat a person that is of a different race. Prejudice is racism. Prejudice is wrong. Prejudice happened a lot up until 1964. They used to segregate people of a different race at schools, diners, and even drinking fountains. 

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:30 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 84

Prejudice is to dislike someone because of something they’ve done.  It is also an opinion that is not from an actual experience that the person has had.  A long time ago white American people were very prejudiced toward the African American.   But now there is no segregation and everyone has equal rights. 

What Is prejudice?

Prejudice is mainly just about your opinion of something. It is like the dislike of something that is false. I think prejudice people are not very nice. They spread things that aren’t true. Prejudice people make other people’s life harder. Prejudice to me is sign of weakness. I believe that prejudice people try to knock you down and make you feel bad. I think that being Prejudice is being low down and selfish. I believe that prejudice is a fact or opinion that is not true or has not been stated. You can be prejudice or you can act prejudice but the definition will always stay the same. Prejudice is not the right way to live your life.

What is Prejudice?

I think that prejudice is when people are treated unfairly. Not necessarily because of their race, but for any reason. Alot of times, people are prejudice without realizing it, like when they make a joke about someone’s hair or glasses or shoes. All of these things are prejudice because it’s treating someone unfairly because of something that is different about them. Although much more than race is the cause for people being prejudice when the someone says prejudice alot of people still think of racism and don’t realize all of the other kinds of prejudice.

Prejudice is really hurtful and is not acceptable. So many people face prejudice everyday and yet some people just don’t care when they are hurting others. It doesn’t always make sense. Today in America everyone always says that this is the 21st century and that prejudice no longer exists. But it still does. 

Prejudice is an opinion about someone or something that has nothing to prove it and no facts to back it up. 

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is dislike, hostility, or unjust behavior. What I think prejudice is, is treating people like they’re dirt. You might say something to someone behind their back but that person might not hear it. Prejudice is bullying to someone away from someone or even on the internet. You have to be careful about what you say because it can hurt someone without you doing it intentionally, but to tell you the truth I have shown prejudice to people and that is wrong. So don’t show prejudice against people. 

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:29 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 86

What is Prejudice?

I think that prejudice means the act of disliking things. Or it may mean to not like something. Someone can feel prejudice to someone else. It is not good to feel that way to someone else. It can also be an action that can result or may result in action. It can also be an opinion that is not real. Someone can spread a prejudice rumor about someone. That has happened lots in my life. People have told me to pass a prejudice rumor. Sometimes, I am tempted to spread it, but I don’t. I always try to stop the prejudice rumor. Some of them are worse than others.

I have also seen people that have prejudice beliefs. They either believe in no god or many gods. Some don’t believe that Jesus is the son of God. Those are all prejudice beliefs. I believe in the right opinion. That there is only one God and Jesus is the son of God. People may think I have a prejudice belief, but they are wrong. The way of God is the right way.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:17 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 48

What is Prejudice?

When I think of prejudice, I think it is kind of like a rude opinion or racism. When I think of prejudice, I think of rude people who discriminate against people of a different ethnicity.

An example of prejudice would be a person who wouldn’t want to be friends with someone because they are a different nationality or they are “different”. I don’t understand why people would be so mean, because God made them just like he made you. They aren’t very different from us and just because they look different that doesn’t mean that you should be rude and prejudice towards them.

When I think of prejudice I think of the book Pride and Prejudice. Even though I never read the book, I hear about it everywhere. I hope to read soon.

Another version of prejudice could a person who is jealous of another person because they might have something that they want. Prejudice is not a good a thing and I hope that there isn’t any of it is shown to others as much as it was in past time.

That is what prejudice means to me.  

What is prejudice? Prejustice is something I disagree with I think it is having a big resection on jobs and the economy the big dept on jobs need no one will by things and that will make companies less likely to grow and make less jobs. Another thing is that we need more money and less dept and the economy is going down. I disagree about that. Another definition is that an someone has an not a good feeling of a subject I have a bad feeling on when we have to present projects  

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:11 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 72

Prejudice is decisions that you make which you haven’t put any thought into the decision. Say I see a cookie that I really want, but I can’t buy it because I don’t have any money. So, to solve my problem, I go to the shop with the cookie and I steal the cookie. Then, the police catch you and you are put in jail. Is that a smart idea? No, it’s not. If you are about to steal a cookie, think about it first. Ask yourself, Should I take this cookie? Would that be a smart idea? Then think WWJ. What Would Jesus do? Jesus would probably not steal the cookie and if he wanted it really bad, he would buy it with his money. 

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:08 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 61

What is prejudice to me?

By: AH7

color:#660066"> 

color:#660066"> 

color:#660066">When I think of prejudice I think of racism. An example of prejudice is when the whites disliked the blacks just because of what they looked like. I think it might focus on a smaller group of people instead of the whole group of colored people. I think of people judging each other on their looks and what they have. An example might be in junior high where everyone has a little clique and then all of the different cliques judge each other. Sometimes it might even be at someone’s work. Maybe when someone is about to get a promotion and their boss may give the promotion to someone they like, but not because that person is working the hardest. They might even give the promotion to a person just based on how they look. Someone might not like a certain group of people just because of something that one of their people did. An example might have been when Osama bin Laden attacked the USA and then everyone in the USA hated the people in Saudi Arabia and other places around there. Even though those people may not have had done anything wrong they were considered almost just as bad as Osama bin Laden. Prejudice can happen in school, at home, and even all over the world at once. Just simple examples of prejudice may not be as bad as a big example, but it sure can hurt someone just as much. Prejudice might even be when someone is jealous of someone else for having something they don’t have. Then because that person has a certain thing they will hate everyone else who has it just because they don’t. If there was anyway to stop, prevent, or end prejudice the world would be a happier place. Since it is demonstrated all over the earth every place would be a little different in a good way. There is nothing good about prejudice and there never will be. Overall prejudice is a horrible thing that can hurt people’s feelings in every way possible.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

What is Prejudice?

To me, prejudice is a horrible thing. Prejudice is treating other people unfairly just because they are different. One example of prejudice was in the 1960s. White people were treating people of other races differently. Black people had to drink from separate water fountains and eat at different restaurants. They would be punished if they broke those laws. There were also some rebellious people such as Rosa Parks, who would not give up her seat on the bus to a white man. But, there was one man whose name was Martin Luther King Jr. He gathered lots of people and contributed to nonviolent acts of protest such as freedom marches. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his “I have a dream” speech. He changed the hearts of millions.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:12 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 41

What is prejudice?

By LH7

When I hear the word prejudice, I think of people letting people of there kind do things that another race, religion, or group is not allowed to do. For example, sometimes in the 19th century, people would not let black people vote because they were different than white people. I hated how white people thought that black people were horrible just because of the difference in skin color. They would never talk to black people, so they would never know that they were really nice people.

I also think of discrimination. People treat other people differently because they look or believe differently than them. Like not letting women work in Afghanistan because the men believe that their only purpose on earth is to work inside and have kids. I think the men there should actually talk to their wives instead of just dragging them around like a dog on a leash. The women there must feel ashamed because the men treat them with such disrespect.

I think that prejudice is awful because just because people look different doesn’t mean that you should treat them with disrespect. I am so glad that we don’t use prejudice against black people anymore (well, at least in my area).

I looked up the definition, and this is what came up:

prejudice 

noun

1 preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience : English prejudice against foreigners | anti-Jewish prejudices. See note at bias .

• dislike, hostility, or unjust behavior formed on such a basis : accusations of racial prejudice.

2 chiefly Law harm or injury that results or may result from some action or judgment : prejudice resulting from delay in the institution of the proceedings.

verb [ trans. ]

1 give rise to prejudice in (someone); make biased : the statement might prejudice the jury.

2 chiefly Law cause harm to (a state of affairs) : delay is likely to prejudice the child's welfare.

From Dictionary.com.

What is prejudice???

By: NK7

I don’t know what the definition for prejudice is, but dictionary.com says: “prejudice |prejədəs| Noun. A preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.” When I hear the word prejudice, I think of what we learned in Social Studies last year. We learned about slavery and how many people were prejudice towards African Americans. I got out of that, the meaning of prejudice to me. Another thing that I think of is the book Pride and Prejudice. I’ve never read this particular story, but I’ve heard it’s a classic. I think I’ll try and read to see if I can use it to reach a better understanding of the word Prejudice.
mso-bidi-font-family:Times;color:#800040">

What is Prejudice?

color:#3366FF">Prejudice is when people don’t like other people based on their religion, culture, race or language. A lot of people were prejudice when Martin Luther King Jr. was alive.

Prejudice is also called pre-judgment, discrimination, unfairness, and inequality. It is a very wrong thing to be prejudice. That means you are not realizing that God made us all in his own image.

mso-bidi-font-family:Times;color:#3366FF">   It also is very unfair because a lot of time it is not something they can change, like their skin color, religion and/ or their culture. I know a lot of people can change their religion but a lot of the time they won’t change.

mso-bidi-font-family:Times;color:#3366FF">   Prejudice is basically pre-judging someone. It is kind of like judging a book by its cover. You’re not really giving them a chance to show who they really are.  I hope no one ever thinks of me as being prejudice!!

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:15 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 69

What is prejudice?

What is prejudice? Prejudice is bad. Prejudice is when you ridicule someone for absolutely no reason. Prejudice can also be an action. personally think that prejudice is a horrible thing. Many people in history faced prejudice. Without those people life would be completely different. If you haven’t got enough information about prejudice then go look it up in a dictionary. Prejudice is bad and that’s all I need to know to make sure that my actions have reasons and are good actions. Lets all work together to become    prejudice free. Remember prejudice is really BAD! : )

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is terrible. Prejudice is where you do not like somebody or it can be where you treat someone unfairly or bad. Many people are prejudice because some people are different or don’t look the same as everybody else. In the 1960’s many people were prejudice against African Americans just because they had a different skin. African Americans were put in different schools and could not eat at the same places the people with white skin did. There were some gangs that would hurt African Americans for no reason at all. Luckily people started to work against the unfair treatment and it was finally made a law that every person has equal rights. Some People are still prejudice today.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:09 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 52

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is people that are nonchalant and don’t really do things but think so much about that thing, usually bad thoughts toward that thing. Like me, my team is the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets so I don’t like the Georgia Bulldogs. I don’t really have anything against them, my cousin goes there, and my mom went there for a year but I just don’t like them. Many people do this thing and people have tried to stop it but people are stubborn and they want to think what they want to think. I guess what I’m trying to say is stop being prejudice, cheer for that other team (if they are not playing your team), or love that person still if they did something wrong for you the first time. Lastly stop being mad when other people don’t think the same as you, you are unique and God made you that way!

Prejudice is………………..

Prejudice is the mistreatment of others maybe because of stereotypes. One example of prejudice is the Blacks being mistreated by the Whites. It was very bad Blacks were considered dirty and not smart. They were talked to as though they were simple animals. Especially slaves the were either paid very little or nothing at all. They were not even considered a human beings more like an animal captured in a cage. Some people back in the olden days thought that if a black person had something nice they would think that they had stolen it. Those were very tough times but there is not just prejudice in that time there is prejudice everywhere. It comes in all shapes and sizes and we need to fight against prejudice because all people are created equal, no matter what shape, size, and color you are. We are all extraordinary human beings and we need to be treated that way. As the great Martin Luther King Jr. said “I have a dream that one day my little children will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” Some people were in an organization because they were very prejudice people the name of that group was the KKK (Ku Klux Klan). Sometimes they would ride on the plantation and threaten to burn the slaves houses down unless they came out to be whipped. Those were sad times but if we team together and work very hard we can beat prejudice right out of our future generations vocabulary. We need to work on fighting prejudice forever.  

When I hear the word prejudice I think of discrimination, the Civil Rights Movement, and The Harlem Renaissance. Back in the 1920’s through 1964 whites and blacks did not get along. Martin Luther Jr. King fought for the mistreatment of blacks. Sometimes I think of people who have to live with prejudice everyday. During this period of time many whites believed that black were dirty and could not use the same things as whites did. Most of the time prejudice occurs because of insecurity. Whites felt that blacks were useless and should only be used to work. Very rarely would your find a black person that wasn’t a slave in the south. The north was very different. Blacks were not considered dirty or useless. They had jobs and many other things that a white would have in the south. Prejudice is everywhere in the world though. It’s not just blacks it could be Indian, Chinese, Latino, or any other race.  

The definition for prejudice is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason, any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable, unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group, such attitudes considered collectively: The war against prejudice is never-ending, and damage or injury detriment: a law that operated to the prejudice of the majority.

Many heroes’ that are still alive today have done things that are greatly appreciated by so many people today. For example, one of our best presidents, Abraham Lincoln, was one of the best contributors to stop slavery.

Prejudice still exist today it could be down the street or in another country. I think that prejudice should stop because we all have our flaws. Everyone was made different for a reason and the way they look for a reason because of God. If God made each one of u different for a reason, it’s God’s work and he wouldn’t mess up. People everywhere try to stop prejudice…. But have you?

What I think is prejudice might not be the same as what you think is prejudice. But, I think prejudice means that someone is having a negative attitude towards members of a group. Also, it makes me think of the book, The Pride and the Prejudice. Even though I have never read the book, I have heard it is a wonderful   book. When I think of the word prejudice, I also think of the slaves that were treated with horrible respect way back when. People thought that just because your skin color was different from others, you were some how disgusting. That is not what God had intended for mankind.    

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 96

What is prejudice?

Prejudice is wrongly treating someone different for many reasons, like race or color of skin. Prejudice happened during the Jewish holocaust, and in the segregation towards African Americans. Prejudice is sometimes common because some people don’t like to have diversity, and they treat people differently(not in a good way) because of it. Prejudice can even happen in the hallways at school because of people who want to be “popular” try to rope in others and change their personalities but people who don’t deal with it get treated badly because they are different. Prejudice is a bad thing because when it happens most of the time it is because of something they can’t help or something that is stupid to make fun of someone for and they just do it to do it. Some people do prejudice to build themselves up and some because they are just that way. Some people have no intention of doing it but they do it without thinking. Prejudice can hurt people and life would be a lot easier without it.

Sometimes prejudice can be healed if the person realizes what they have done, but sometimes it is hard to heal. Sometimes people go way too far with it, like in the segregation towards African Americans. We all have to remember we all are different and God meant for us to have diversity, and we should accept that.

Usually “prejudice” refers to an unfair opinion about a person or a group of people. Have you ever heard someone say, “all girls are bad at sports”? That’s a prejudice! Plenty of girls are good at sports (some are even better than boys!) so a person who believes that all girls are bad at sports is being unfair and prejudiced. Brussels sprouts might not look or smell tasty, but how do you know unless you’ve tried them? Baseball might not seem like it’s fun to play, but until you’ve picked up a bat and taken a swing, it wouldn’t really be fair to call baseball a bad sport.

What is Prejudice?

When I hear the word prejudice I think of discrimination and being set apart or treated differently because of some reason. I also think of the book Pride and Prejudice.  I also think of Martin Luther King and how his whole life he strived to stop prejudice in the world

I think of all the heroes of black history shattering the prejudice barriers and showing the world what they can do.

Rosa Parks also comes to mind because she was asked to leave her seat by prejudice people and would not leave because she knew it wasn’t right and unfair.

I think of many things but the thing that comes to mind is the Harlem Renaissance, a time when prejudice was one of the only things known. Black people had to sit in the back of the bus, use certain water fountains, and people thought that people with color were abominations.

I have read many books about things like that and I am horrified to know that such mistreatment happened. Black people were called names, were beaten, and even were put in jail for doing things like talking to a white man or going in the place that wasn’t “Negro Approved.” 

One of my favorite people in black history is Jesse Owens. I’m astounded that he grew up poor, experienced prejudice every day, and put down many times but came to be one of the most remembered track stars in history, setting records left and right.

I read a biography about him and was fascinated by all of this because when he was little, white kids would pick on him and call him names because he was poor and black.  I think that was the biggest show of prejudice in that book because he wasn’t even bothering them, they approached him and started it all-just another form of discrimination and judgment.

But when I hear the word prejudice I think about the kind of prejudice we experience everyday at school, whether its being told not to sit a certain at a certain lunch table because we aren’t the most popular, or getting picked last for a team because you may be “athletically challenged”, or even standing alone at recess while everyone has fun and talks.

And even today racial prejudice is still alive. Some people don’t allow their children to play with certain children because of their race. And most people think that it is only black people, but it can be any race, whether it’s white, Indian, or Chinese. Any race can be discriminated. It can even be at school. Sometimes people aren’t allowed to hang out with other people because of their race and are teased because of it. I think it is terrible that kids sometimes have to be treated that way because of something they don’t even have control over.

Even though Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, and many other strived to stop prejudice, discrimination, and other forms of being set apart, prejudice is still alive today and it still hurts people.

But we can stop if we want-talk someone who’s picked on, invite someone to join you at lunch, or anything that would help someone who has experienced prejudice. Prejudice may still be alive today, but we can beat it back.

Prejudice can be found in many places. It can be found at school on the playground-someone not playing to play with someone else because they are different or not wanting to sit by them because they are less popular. Prejudice can even be found in the grown-up world. It can be found in the workplace by person getting a promotion because of the color of their skin though someone else truly earned it. People can also experience prejudice applying for a job, by not getting it because of their race. Prejudice peppers the world in many different sizes and can be found almost anywhere. Everyone is created equal, and everyone needs to realize that.

color:#D5B8FD">I think prejudice is when someone has unfair thoughts about someone else because they are different. Some people are prejudiced because they have different colored skin or different religious beliefs. People in Montgomery were segregated because of the color of their skin. Other people after 9/11 who looked different were treated unfairly because some Americans thought everyone who looked different was a terrorist.  Kids at school might even be prejudiced because they are less popular than other kids.

color:#D5B8FD">