Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 59

I personally believe that all atheles should be role models just as much as they are good at the sport. This is very important because people (kids esspecially) look up to sports super stars and want to be like them. People  will act like the sports star in every catagory. If the athlete is mean, then the people who look up to him will be mean. That would not be good. That is why it is important to have good character, especially when the sotlight is on you. 

Should we expect professional athletes to be role models, or should we judge them only on their athletic performance?

I say neither.  We should judge people by the content of their character, NOT because of their athletic performance.  I think you should look up to them as a role model ONLY if they are a good person, if not, then DON’T.

We should expect professional athletes to be good examples and role models. A lot of people are inspired by what the pros do. If the pros are not good role models, others will take that into their own hands and be bad themselves. If the pros are good role models, than others may be good as well. We need a country full of good people and role models and not bad people. 

Yes, I think professional athletes should be good role models because people look up to them. They can play very well but what really matters is how they act outside or inside the sport. Playing well isn’t just the only thing that people judge about.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

JACKIE ROBINSON

It would be better to judge a player based on how good off a role model he is, but also how good of a player he is. It is better to be a good role model and an okay player than an excellent player and a horrible role model. The person who is the better role model and okay player would be likely to have more respect on and of the match, but the player that doesn’t know how to be a role model will have less respect both on and off the match.

Athletic Role Models:

I think we should expect SOME professional athletes to be role models. Some of them have bad habits that won’t be good for young kids to endure. Other athletes have good habits that young kids should endure. The problem is that most kids want to follow behind the bad athletes and do what they do even though they know it is wrong. I don’t think that we should judge them by their athletic performance unless we are coaches, which none of us are so none of us should be worried about their athletic performance. :)

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:50 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

I think we should judge mlb players not by how they perform. I think we should have more role models on the field than good players. It is good to be a good influence. You could be a excelent player but not be a good role model. You should have respect on and off the field.

I think we should expect pro athletes to be role models for kids and potential athletes. Every player should not only be a good athlete but also have a good attitude. It is very important for athletes to be good examples because kids look up to them and their behavior.

I think that athletes should be good role models and good at what they do. I think that it is actually more important to be a good role model though. If you are a good role model, people want to be like you. You inspire them. That is why I think being a role model is more important.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:52 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 37

I think we should expect the pro. athletes  to be a good role model and not just judge them on their athletic performace. They could be good at the sport they are playing but you want them to be not a good role model. That wouldnt be good. You would want to be a good role model, right? 

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:55 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

The Noble Experiment

I think we should expect professional athletes to be role models because a lot of kids think of them as their heroes. We shouldn't judge an athlete by the way they play because they could be really skilled and athletic but is a terrible person. Athletes should never do anything inappropriate or ridiculous because kids around the country are watching what they do on shows like Sports Center. When an athlete does something bad they have pretty much no chance of hiding. I think we should look up to athletes who do good stuff.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:58 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

The Noble Experiment

I think people should expect professional athletes to be role models. I think professional athletes should be role models because a lot of kids are looking up to them to do the right thing. I think if you are a popular person you can influence a lot of people and if kids are looking up to you you should influence them in the right way by showing good character and things like that. I think that Jackie Robinson displayed those qualities. Athletes today should display the same qualities as he did.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

Should we expect professional athletes to be role models or should we judge them by their athletic abilities?

I think we should expect professional athletes to be role models. When a child sees a professional athlete acting inappropriate I think that the athlete should be punished. I think this because kids might see that behavior and think it is okay but it is really not good behavior. SO yes I think we should judge the professional athlete as being a role model and if they are good at the sport they play it makes all the better.

We should definitely expect sports players to be good role models. Little kids (and even adults) look up to them, if there was someone who wants to be a professional tennis player or play football in the NFL, don't you think they'll look up to the people who ARE living their dreams? Just because they are getting paid to write books or play sports doesn't mean they shouldn't be using their fame to make this world a better place. They shouldn't get caught up in all of the fame, If they could just stay grounded and keep good morals, the world could be a much happier, brighter place!

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

We need to have people we can look up to. We have athletes, actors, actresses, singers, and a bunch more people that we know and talk about. Not all of those people we should look up to. For athletes it can be hard not to just judge them on thier athletic abilitys but we should judge them on their attitudes and what they do. We need good leaders and I hope more are to come that we can follow.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:50 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 37

All athletes should be role models, and we should not judge them by their athletic ability. Not everybody is good at sports, and they don't have to be to be a good role model. Anyone could be arole model, if they are very good or very bad. It isn't bad to be good at something, just don't think your better than everybody else. Set an example to people so they can learn to be good too.

Should We Respect Professionals Athletes to Be Role Models, or Should We Judge Them On Only Athletic Ability?

I think that we do need to think of them as role models. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of people and show of their talents. Sports today, are mostly about how good you are. People are constantly wondering how many touchdowns, home runs, or goals you make. That’s not what sports are about. Sports are about having fun and showing people your God-given talents. People need to remember that although some athletes are better than others, people who are willing to be in front of people and play a sport is hard. If you fumble or strike out or miss a goal you are being judged. Sports is not about how good you play it is about being a true role model.

Professional athletes should be role models because some little kids look up to them as role models so I suggest that they should be good people. Now and days, people are being evil and crucial to others. We don’t need anymore people like that. If a little boy looks up to a MBL player and the baseball player is a very bad person, neither will the little boy.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 04:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

The Noble Experiment

I think that athletes should be good role models, because they are famous and have a big influence on people. I don’t think athletes should do bad things like taking steroids or drugs. I think most athletes are a great inspiration to everyone. I don’t think athletes should be judged by their race.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:52 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 34

I definitely think that professional athletes should not only be able to work hard and have skills in that particular sport, but they should also be a roll model for other people. If this player gave up during a game, his fans would think that it would be okay to give up, too. As an athlete, it's your responsibility to have a  good influence on your fans. People looking for athletes to join their team should not only look for athletic ability, but their attitude as well. Jackie Robinson was chosen for the Brooklyn Dodgers not just because of his athletic ability, but because he had a great attitude and was able to stand up against prejudice against him. 

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

In the Noble Experiment, Jackie Robinson, a black baseball, tries to become a professional baseball player. Though prejudice and evil people, Jackie finally gets what he wanted with the help of Mr. Rickey. This was a good story and I enjoy learning about Jackie’s journey though life.

Athletic Role Models

By: NK7

Should we expect professional athletes to be role models? Or, should we judge them only by their athletic ability? I’m not sure about either. Some athletes are good role models, while others are bad. We should remember that when picking those we look up to, because we want to make good decisions. Also, we want to act on the good impressions of someone.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 04:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

I think that we should judge athletes by both to be role models and athletic performance. It’s my opinion that Yes when it comes to the game it is important to only judge them on there athletic performance, but when it comes to things outside of the game I believe that before we go and become complete fans then we should make sure that they are good people. I would want my favorite athlete to also be my role model but if they are not good people then I probably would not be a fan. If they did dog fights and other bad things then I would hate them. No matter their athletic ability. It’s a mixture of good choices and athletic ability.

Professional Athletes

I think we should expect athletes to be rolemodels because they are on TV. A lot of people watch them and if they do bad things that might influance their fans. We should judge them a little bit on how they perform but mostly how they act. They need to be good rolemodels because they are influancing and people look up to them. 

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 04:13 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Many people think that if someone can make a lot of goals, or get some touchdowns, or even knock some homeruns out of the park, than people think that they are just all around good people. In some caes this is true. Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, etc. But there are a lot of people who arent very nice in these sports. Reggie Jackson, Roger Clemens. I think athletes should be judged on their off the field behavior too.

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Judge Them Only On Their Athletic Performance???

I think that they should be good role models and be good at sports. If you are not a good role model then your reputation in sports gets ruined. If your reputation gets ruined then your fans will not go to your games and your sports career will be ruined. Unless you prove to the world and your fans that you have changed your ways.

The Noble Experiment

Jackie was a wonder athlete as well as person. He had a wonderful personality and amazing characteristics, which anyone would want to follow. I think that if the athlete is a good person with a kind spirit and wisdom, then you should definitely think of him or her as a role model. It would be shallow to only judge them on performance because they may be the best athlete but the worst person on the inside. I think that we should all have a role model because it gives us a positive attitude and someone that we know we should be like.

I think that we should expect professional athletes to be good role models and not just judge them by their athletic ability. Now, in professional sports, an athlete should have great athletic abilities, but that is not how we should judge them. Even if one player on a professional team is not the best at that sport, they can be encouraging and inspiring to the other athletes and that can change a team instantly.

I think we should look at them as role models and judge them for their ability, even though that they have good ability to be there already. They should be good role models because they are very popular and should care how others see them and direct them on a path that will help them in the future. Ability can urge others to try and do their best in different activities and sports.

We should judge them on there athletic performance. Because not all good ball players have to be a role model to be respected.

Role Models: How should we create them?

Question: Should we expect professional athletes to be role models or should we judge them only on their athletic performance?

I think that we should do both. No matter how talented they may be, that doesn’t mean they are a good person. People can pride a person in his or her athleticism but they don’t have to like their character. I think  it Is unfair for someone to be judged by what they do, especially an athlete. Many people who ridicule athletes because of what they do don’t know why the do it. Sometimes it could they grew up in a bad home or have had issues in the past. When it comes to athletes I think people should actually pay attention to what they do, instead of paying more attention to who they are.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

We should kind-of expect them to be role models. A lot of kids will look up to them, so they need to be  good person. We shouldn't totally expect them to be good, though. They are their own person. 

We shouln't judge very harshly on their athletic performance. They should be good athletes, but we shouldn't be judgemental.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:53 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 35

I think that Jackie Robinson is a great romodel, because he stood up for what he believed in. I think that because professional athletes are well known that they should act right, and be a good remodel. If you are the kind of person that judges athletes only by their performance, you will never know who they actually are. I think that they should judge them by who they are. Because if they don’t then they are plain old meany bums.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:48 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

We should expect professional athlete's to be good role models as well as good athletes, because some kids look up to the player as a role model, and if the player was doing horrible things the kid wold think it was ok . They proably would aslo think since the player was doing it he or she should do it too.  

I think that we should judge most athletes on their performance. If they perform great, then we will probably look up to them and tell that there our role model. For instance, Allen Iverson is my role model and I saw that he had game and watched him more often. I decided that he would be the person that I would look up too. To this day I look up to him and look for his moves that I can use for basketball.