Copyright (c) 2014 by KR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KR -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by KR

The Girl Who Spelled Freedom mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">” was a movie that had many interesting characters.  Prissy Thrash, for example, was a rounded character that changed her heart and attitude during the movie.  Initially, Prissy was hesitant about the Cambodians coming to live with her, especially when she found out that the mother had six children.  She was worried that the house would not have enough of the necessities that the Cambodian family needed.  Prissy was also frustrated when they couldn mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">’t speak her language and they didnt know how to use the toilets.  Eventually, Prissy got over her issues and she became a role model for Lin and her family.  She acted as Lins second mother and she taught her all about America and the good opportunities it offered.  Prissy also helped Lin study for the spelling bee and I really think that Lin looked up to her.

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 07:54 PM • comment • Reads 54 • see all articles