Copyright (c) 2014 by FR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
FR -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by FR

Article posted May 9, 2013 at 04:23 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 159

I think I could change the world by giving people the Bible. A lot of people want to know more about God, but they just simply do not have the money to buy a Bible. I think that if they get the Bible than they will be happier and have more hope. I think that we can accomplish this by people that have more than one Bible can just give one of their Bibles. These Bibles can get to the people that are distributing them by bins that are put throughout various places. Then the distributors would pick up the bins and ship the Bibles to the places that need them most. The way we decide the places that need the Bibles most is to figure out how much poverty is in the area, what the crime rate is, and how many churches are in the area. I think the Bible can change the world.

Article posted May 2, 2013 at 04:07 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 74

Meet Catalina Escobar. At first she was a nurse in a over crowded and under funded hospital. Then after she saw two newborn's die preventable deaths, one just because the teen mother couldn't pay 30$ to save the child, she decided to do something. Now this death could have been prevented, but the teen mother just didn't have the money. So Catalina Escobar made a charity called the Juan Felipe Gomez Escobar Foundation that helps support and empower teen mothers. I think that Catalina Escobar would have been helpful in the Middle Ages because women didn't really have a say and didn't really have power back then.

[LINK]

Article posted April 25, 2013 at 03:30 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 77

I think that religion is what you believe in. I also think that spirituality is how you follow the thing that you believe in. See, you believe in God and Jesus, but you spirituality is that you try to have integrity, you try to be honest, You try to be nice to people and so on. Believing is easy to do, but I think being nice, honest, and integral is harder. I think that God wants us to believe, but the thing that he needs us to have is a good spirituality.

Article posted March 27, 2013 at 02:04 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 89

I think a world without pictures would be very boring. I think that it would be boring because if we were to read about something for a long time with the same boring font you would want to see a picture to kind of summarize it all. Also, if there were no pictures then we wouldn’t be able to make things interesting. We also would not be able to express ourselves. If there was a world without pictures all of us would be really good writers, though. So there is a good side and a bad side to a world without pictures.

I learned very much about the Middle Ages. I learned Black Death killed off 1/3 of the population during that time. Another thing I learned is that wheelbarrows and catapults came from the Middle Ages. I also learned that the Middle Ages is more advanced than we think. Often times we look back on thing in the past and say, wow look at how much we have changed overtime! Most of the time this is not true because everyday things that we use originate from the Middle Ages. 

To me, I believe that culture is a way that people come together. There are also many different types of culture, some are very popular, and some aren’t. Lots of people celebrate different cultures by having festivals or carnivals. I feel like I am a part of a football culture, because I like football and I celebrate that by playing football with my teammates and my opponents. I think the most important thing is that you should not just have one culture, you should exit your comfort zone and try something new.

Throughout the whole book of the Hunger Games, there are many ways that perseverance is showcased. First, when Katniss Everdeen gets through the sadness of the thought that she could never see her family again, she does the best she can to train and get ready for the Hunger Games. Second, when Peeta Mellark suffers a brutal cut to the leg by another contender in the Hunger Games, he has to persevere by getting away from the other contestants and find shelter. Third, During these Hunger Games Katniss’ family is in grave danger of dying from hunger because their main source of food is apart from them, they have to persevere through this and find another method of how to earn money and get food. Fourth, during this action-packed book there are some traumatic events but the members of the Hunger Games have to get these mind-boggling events out of their brains and persevere until the end. I think this book is successful because many people can relate to this book in these trying times.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 55

I learned a lot in this project about monks and nuns. I learned that they lived a very solitary life. What you usually did in the day was pray, go to church services, work, and then go to bed. I also learned that monks and nuns lived together in a place called a monastery and eventually the nuns made their own house where they worshipped and slept. The word monks come from the word monos (which means solitary) and monasterion (which means religion). Monks and nuns would usually become monks when they are younger and there parents had promises to the church or they had more children than they can handle, but sometimes people became monks and nuns because their spouse died and they were lonely, they wanted to grow closer to God, some even came as a punishment for a minor crime. There is a lot of valuable information that I have learned and I think I am very benefitted with this knowledge and will use it in the near future.

Carr, Karren. "Christian Nuns." KIDIPEDE. N.p., 2012. Web. 29 Jan 2012. <[LINK] >.

Knight, Kevin. "Monk." New Advent. N.p., 2009. Web. 27 Jan 2012. <[LINK] >.

Barter, James. A Medieval Monk. New York: Lucent Books, 2009. 14, 25, 27, 35, 64. Print.

There have been many times that one game has come down to one person. I remember one in particular. I was at the Georgia @ Georgia Tech football game in 2009. One of Georgia Tech’s players dropped a first down pass to put Georgia tech in position to tie or win the game. Being my favorite team I was really mad at this player for “losing the game.” After I had time to think about it I figured out that there were many plays that put them behind in that game.

Many people think that if someone can make a lot of goals, or get some touchdowns, or even knock some homeruns out of the park, than people think that they are just all around good people. In some caes this is true. Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, etc. But there are a lot of people who arent very nice in these sports. Reggie Jackson, Roger Clemens. I think athletes should be judged on their off the field behavior too.

Where Prejudice is Found Today

There are a lot of different places where prejudice can be found today. Say you are at a sporting event. Even if you are a very good person people don’t care. The only thing they care about is the team that you are rooting for. Also in the presidents election there are a few people that people don’t like for idiotic reasons. Take Mitt Romney for example. Even though he is a Mormon people need to listen to what he has to say about government, because that’s what really counts.

Goals

First it was hard to think of three goals I had for myself with categories as academics, spiritual, and social when I finally figured them out I thought I had some good ones. For my academic goal I wanted to read every night for 30 minutes... I plan to do this by going to bed 30 minutes early every night. As for my spiritual goal I wanted to help someone find God… since I feel like I did in the year past I plan to acheive this goal by finding somebody. Lastly I feel my social goal would be to help our basketball team make it to the championship and I wanted to be the hardest worker on my team I plan to do this by practicing hard and every night I am going to do 100 push-ups and 150 sit-ups. Hopefully I can do all of these goals in one year! I hope this blog found you in Good spirits!

The Girl Who Spelled Freedom

In this movie (The Girl Who Spelled Freedom) Prissy (The wife) changed the most over time in this movie. First off she wanted one mom and once children, by the end she was happy to have one mom and 6 children. Second when she got the children she was scared but once she got to know them she loved the a lot. Third, when the kids first got there George was most involved; by the end she was the most involved. Lastly, At the very first part of the movie there was a lot of tension, but once Prissy got through that she loved the kids and gave them the things they needed. Prissy was not positive when she got the children but by the end she loved them very much.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 02:56 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 97

Chapter 2

After the game Steven was exhausted and took a nap he had scored the game-winning goal after that other team scored 3 unanswered points his teammates battled back and won the game 4-3 Steven had 3 goals and 1 assist. After 4 hours Steven woke up, went down stairs for dinner and his dad asked him how his game went, he explained the things that he did while his younger brother Paul was eating cheerios with his fingers, his dad started talking about Steven’s birthday which would be the Sunday of next week.

The next Saturday Steven found himself on the lacrosse field again playing the best team in the league, The Ewford Wildcats. Steven played as hard as he could, he got the ground balls on defense, he made the right passes on offense, and he even scored a goal. The game was tied 5-5, with 30 seconds left in the fourth and Steven got the ball, he went hard to the crease, he jumped, he shot, and he got hit by the biggest defender in the league at the same time, he landed awkwardly on his leg and heard a crack.

The goalie grabbed the ball, threw it to the next closest middie who ran as fast as he could with the last 20 seconds he had he passed it to there best attack man. 15 seconds. The middie on the opposite side cut to the middle and called for the ball. 10 seconds left. The attack then through the ball to the middie in the middle that reared back to shoot. 4 seconds. The goalie got ready for the ball. 3 seconds. The defense ran to the middle and the stick came forward. 2 seconds. The ball slips past the goalie for the game-winning goal. 1 second. The crowd is mixed with sighs and cheers. 0 seconds. Game over. Steven is still on the ground.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 02:58 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 96

One day there was a boy named Steven and he loved to play lacrosse, he wanted to play travel lacrosse in the summer for the Duluth Coyotes. It was his second year playing lacrosse; he wasn’t very good his first year but he had trained hard the whole off-season to be the best he could be. If you played for the Coyotes then you would usually play in the GLL and he played for the Trojans that came from the school CAGS in that league. And today was his first game for the CAGS Trojans. He came in and warmed up with his best friends and his fellow midfielders Jack, Brandon, David, and Trey. They were playing the Tigers, a team said to have the best player to come through the league in a long time, his name was Troy. The Trojans started the game and won the faceoff against the Tigers, he throw it to his friend named Ethan their attack, Steven found an open whole and ran through it, Ethan sold it perfectly and hit me perfect on the cut the he then bounced it into the bottom left corner for the first score of the game. The fans cheered and the referees signaled that the goal was good. It was going to b a long day.

ere!

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:01 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 73

If I could design a library for the future I would have a kindle lab, not a computer lab, a kindle lab. I would make it big and have meeting rooms for book clubs and I would also have more than 1 computer so people don’t have to wait in line to search a book. I would have book readings. I would have a publisher special for the school so that if people at school have a really good story we could make it into a book. I would also have a handful of people to go to the bookstore every week and find good new books. I would pick a book every year and whatever place they are in that book, we would go to that place and the first few people to get there wins. I would try to find the kids’ favorite books not mine. I would also have a book day and you could dress up like a book character every month. There are so many things I can think of I probably cant get all of it down on one piece of paper so I think I will stop here.

If I Could Name Myself

What would my name be if I had a choice? I really don’t know I would probably want it to say a word like Max A. Mum so that would be Maximum. I guess I should think about it. I should try to make it represent me like what I like to do. I think I know what my name would be and it’s because of my favorite college football team the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and my name would be Yell O. Jacket, I know it’s cheesy but it the only thing I could think of.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:09 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 52

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is people that are nonchalant and don’t really do things but think so much about that thing, usually bad thoughts toward that thing. Like me, my team is the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets so I don’t like the Georgia Bulldogs. I don’t really have anything against them, my cousin goes there, and my mom went there for a year but I just don’t like them. Many people do this thing and people have tried to stop it but people are stubborn and they want to think what they want to think. I guess what I’m trying to say is stop being prejudice, cheer for that other team (if they are not playing your team), or love that person still if they did something wrong for you the first time. Lastly stop being mad when other people don’t think the same as you, you are unique and God made you that way!

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:58 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 90

My story is life changing. A few weeks ago I was at chapel listening to Aaron Keyes and we were listening to the song Lavish in your Love it was a song that opened my eyes and as I’m listening to him I just realize the Lord seems so real that all the doubters are saying its fake I realized God is so real that he seems fake. After I was finished with that chapel I thought I had figured it out that that was just my reason that God was real then I looked around and I saw his creation and I realized there is so much more like us how we have a body and a mind and a soul and we have personal things that we do and that’s not there on accident someone must have made us this way and the way we prove it’s the Lord is the bible, but just have faith there is no one who has touched God or seen him but there are reasons that we are here we are on a path and as we all know there has to be a beginning and an ending. So do everything God tells you and in the end you will have the ultimate gift.

Article posted August 29, 2011 at 07:30 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 65

The best thing about sixth grade is our independence and the great teachers we have what’s cool about sixth grade is that we have privileges like getting to go to lunch by ourselves, and we don’t have to get into a line but there’s also some bad things about sixth grade, like there isn’t PE every day and we have a lot more homework from last year, but sixth grade is still awesome and we have Macs which are really cool and is really different from other schools and the elementary.

6th grade is also really cool because we get a really good lunch we get chips, cereal, good drinks, and even soft pretzels ans I get to sit with my friends because one of them is in the homeroom that sits right next to me, and I sit across from the other one. Another thing that makes 6th grade cool is that we get lockers, and we can go to the school store after school so we are a lot more independent.

Another good thing about sixth grade is that we have the best teachers and the classes are great too I haven’t had one class where I just thought I hate this class. The only thing I’m worrying about is smorgage board and the big projects in vocabulary.