Article posted March 29, 2012 at 02:54 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 68

Zach’s Lie

A book that I have read was Zach’s Lie. There are many themes in this book. I think the main theme is Good VS Evil.  In Zach’s Lie Jack’s father is stuck in the drug business. His father is arrested and Jack, his mom, and his sister are taken in to the Eye Witness Program. He is hid in Elko, Nevada. At first he hates but he then starts to like his new life. But the main drug dealer comes after Jack and his family to get back a special item of his. Can Jack keep his cover and stay hidden. But Jack hates living a lie and if you take the V out of live what do you get?

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 02:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

Geography for England, Wales, and Scotland Summery

The geography for Wales, Scotland, and England are very similar to each other. They are all very cloudy and have mountains. Wales has a warmer climate than Scotland and gets a lot of rain during October to January. The south part of England is low-lying land with some hills. The temperature con be 70°F in the summer but 30°F in the winter.  Scotland has over 186 islands and has three sections called the highlands, the lowlands, and the Uplands. They are each very similar in many ways.

Sources

"Times New Roman"">Waldron, Melanie. Countries around the World:Scotland. 1st. Chicago: Heinemann Library, 2012. 5-48. Print.

"Times New Roman"">Barrow, Mandy. "Terrain and Climate." British life and culture. Woodlands Junior School, 2012. Web. 2 Feb 2012. <[LINK]>.

"Times New Roman"">Craddon, T.. "Wales physical characteristics." . N.p., 2012. Web. 2 Feb 2012. <[LINK]>.

"Times New Roman""> 

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 07:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

When all the Pressure is on one Person

A time where all the pressure is on one person was the Giant’s field goal kicker in the play off game on Sunday. In over time the Giants had a chance to win the game if they made a field goal. So the entire game was on their kicker. Luckily he made the field goal easily. When all the pressure is on you things like “What if I miss?” or “Will I be hated if I can’t make field goal?”  Things like that put even more pressure on you, because you know that if you miss people will yell at you and call you bad things. 

Professional Athletes

I think we should expect athletes to be rolemodels because they are on TV. A lot of people watch them and if they do bad things that might influance their fans. We should judge them a little bit on how they perform but mostly how they act. They need to be good rolemodels because they are influancing and people look up to them. 

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 02:55 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 48

In what Settings can Prejudice be found?

Prejudice is where you are being to someone because of how they act or what they look like. This is mean and very cruel. I think that prejudice can be found in many places but the most likely is at school. One place where prejudice can be found at school is in the hallways. Between classes people shove each other or make fun of people while heading to class. Some people think that it is funny but really its not.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:28 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 62

My Goals for 2012

I have a few goals for 2012. My first goal is to get an A in language arts. To achieve this goal I will do my homework and study for my tests. This goal will be met at the end of 6th grade. My second goal is to pray more and go to church more. I will achieve this by praying twice a day and going to church on Sunday. This goal should be finished by the end of 2012. My third goal is to be nicer to my friends. I will do that by not calling them names and this goal should be achieved by the end of 6th grade.

My Goals for 2012

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:50 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

The Girl Who Spelled Freedom

In The Girl Who Spelled Freedom, a little girl named Linn Yang comes to America from Cambodia. The Vietnam War is going on and Linn and her family are the run.  They make it to America and are taken in by the Thrash family. At first there is trouble but soon the Cambodian family learns English. Linn is very smart and always wants to win no matter what. She then wins the regional spelling which is amazing because 4 years ago she couldn’t speak English. She is finally free.

Chapter 2 The Mistake

100 years ago the Things attacked our first ring of defense. The Rings are circles around Earth. Our first ring has 50 nukes on each planet that makes up the first ring. When the Things attacked we were not prepared. They attacked in huge numbers and our soldiers panicked. Those soldiers decided to lunch every nuke we had in the first ring. The soldiers then controlled the nukes to fly into the biggest ships they could see. The Things had brought 100 huge ships but 3 of them were 5 times bigger than the others.  In the middle ship, the King of the Things commanded all of the other ships. His ships had more lasers, more tanks, and other explosive weapons. The soldiers decided to attack the three big ships. The smaller ships suddenly shot down every single nuke in a second. All the nukes set of a humongous explosion that destroyed the entire first ring. The nukes did nothing to the Thing’s ships. If those nukes hadn’t been set off our first line of defense would have been able to kill some of the Things and we would have been ready for their future attacks. We now know that the Things can’t survive in cold weather. Our plan is to send 10 of our best Soldiers back and time 105 years ago. They will persuade the men there to make ice bombs instead of having nukes. That way they when the lunch the bombs the first ring will not be destroyed and most of the things will be. This plan is our last chance to save mankind.

The Time Travelers

Chapter 1 The Things

The year is 2500. For the last 50 years Mankind has been fighting the Things. Things are these 8-foot tall creatures that are made out of metal, but they are not robots. They still have a heart, a brain, and organs. The Things came out of nowhere with their huge space ships with lasers, tanks with huge rockets on them, and a lot of other explosive weapons. The Things first attacked all of our bases that we had on distant planets. The Things destroyed the bases so fast that we never got the message that they were heading for Earth. When they attacked us they first started on the surface and worked their way down through our tunnels to the Center of the Earth. The Center of the Earth is Mankind’s Capital. That is all we have left but we have a plan…