Article posted March 27, 2012 at 08:37 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

When I read Witch and Wizard by James Patterson I found that one of the themes of this book is perseverance. Whit and Wisty are siblings who are accused of being a witch and wizard. They undergo being thrown into prison, being ripped away from their parents, escaping guards, guard dogs, torture, and countless other trials. Through all of the pain, loss, and terror these siblings still survive. Along the way they find out many things about them, their parents, and the world that they never thought was possible. I don’t think that I would be able to preserver after all that pain and loss. 

Women in Medieval times roles and difficulties varied depending on wealth. Noblewomen’s job was to run the castle and estate when her husband was away, have sons to continue the family name and to inherit land, and to set up parties, and entertain guests. Peasant women’s jobs were to do all the housework, some of the farm work, sew, and help with her husbands business. Some of the difficulties that noblewomen faced were the fact that they had no choice in who they married. They married for political use. Other difficulties were that it was vital for them to have sons. Most women died in childbearing. Peasant women’s difficulties were that they could not marry without there parents consent, could not divorce her husband, were banned from many guilds (groups of people with the same skill), they were paid less for jobs then men, and could not inherit land from her parents if she had any surviving brothers. The only way she could inherit land was if she was widowed. This is where I got my information.

Eastwood, Kay. Women and Girls in the Middle Ages. Canada : Crabtree, 2004. Print.

Truman , Chris. "Medieval Women." historylearningsite.co.uk. N.p., 2012. Web. 31, Jan 2012. <http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/medieval_women.htm>.

Kowalski, Kathiann. "Women's Work is Never Done." Gale Student Resources In Context. Appleseeds , 2010. Web. Jan. 27, 2012. <http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/suic/MagazinesDetailsPage/MagazinesDetailsWindow?displayGroupName=Magazines&disableHighlighting=false&prodId=SUIC&action=e&windowstate=normal&catId=&documentId=GALE|A240863266&mode=view>

When people take their SAT tests and similar tests like it there future is at stake. If they do really good on these tests then they could go to a really good college. If they do badly or fail then they go to a college that is not as good. There future depends on these tests. I know that I would be scared and nervous. I would run through everything that I studied. I would think of everything that this test would depend upon. I would probably be panicky and scared. I would try to keep my mind off of the worst possible outcome so that I wouldn’t panic. Above all else I think that I would pray to God for help. 

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 04:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

I think that we should judge athletes by both to be role models and athletic performance. It’s my opinion that Yes when it comes to the game it is important to only judge them on there athletic performance, but when it comes to things outside of the game I believe that before we go and become complete fans then we should make sure that they are good people. I would want my favorite athlete to also be my role model but if they are not good people then I probably would not be a fan. If they did dog fights and other bad things then I would hate them. No matter their athletic ability. It’s a mixture of good choices and athletic ability.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 02:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

I think that prejudice can be found anywhere. One specific place that prejudice can be found might be where you work. Maybe someone else got a raise because they were close friends with the boss. Or maybe you’re treated unfairly by coworkers because of the person you work for. Maybe because of your beliefs your coworkers treat you unfairly. These are all examples of what people can do to you at work.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:25 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 36

I have three goals for 2012. The first one is to read the entire Eragon series this year. My plan is to leave the books in a place that I will have to notice and be reminded that I need to read them. My second goal is to read the entire Bible by February 1. I plan to read one chapter every night. I will leave up sticky notes and reminders for myself to read the Bible. My last goal is to make five new friends also by February 1. My plan is to make a conscious effort to talk more to people, to be friendlier, and to invite people over more often. Those are my goals for 2012!

Phon Yang changed a lot during the movie. At first she thought that there wasn’t enough food and began to hoard the food in their room. Later when Prissy had to give Phon’s children medicine she thought that Prissy was feeding her kids poison. At the end of the movie she didn’t hide food. She helped Prissy give her kids medicine, because she understood that they needed it. She opened up to the thrash family. They became part of her family. Phon Yang changed for the better and became much more trusting of the Thrash family.

Chapter 2

When I woke up I had this terrible headache and I was lying on a bed. I slowly sat up and opened my eyes to see that there was a boy standing there glaring at me like if he kept it up I might actually disappear. He looked to be around my age and much grumpier. He had short brown hair, a loose robe looking outfit, and was about 5ft 5in.I tried to ask him where I was and who he was but the words wouldn’t come out of my mouth right so I just gave up. That was when a middle aged women walked into the room. She took one look at the boy and said,” Sean stop glaring at our guest and make yourself useful.” You should have seen his face. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone turn that shade of red. He immediately began to stir a large pot that stood in the corner over a small hearth fire. My head was starting to clear enough to see the room better. The walls were made out of a sort of purplish colored brick and the roof had gray slate. There was a small wooden table with four cushioned chairs sitting around it. I was lying on a straw mattress that had been pushed up against the wall. It was one of four. I had taken someone’s bed. It was most likely that boy’s bed. What had the women called him? Oh yeah Sean. No wonder he had been angry. He walked over and handed me a bowl of something that smelled wonderful. The women came over and helped me drink. She said,” My name is Sara and this is my son Sean.” I managed to mumble out a thank you as she helped me get a sip of the soup. It was warm and salty. A few moments later I mumbled,” My name is Laura. Where am I?” Sean replied,” You are in my bed, in our hut, eating our food.” Sara turned around and pulled him out of the hut. I could hear muffled yells. She came back a little while later and I said “Thank you for helping me, but what happened that other night with the spider?” I would tell you the rest of our conversation but that would take to long. I will just recount what she told me.

Chapter 3

You are in the land of Martopia. We rescued you after you escaped the giant spider. You were transported here through a portal that opened up in your bedroom. Earth and Martopia are two separate worlds. The people you saw in the coliseum are called the Spidtites. They are a sort of spider men. They use regular spiders for entertainment. My family and I are regular people like you who were transported through a portal that opened at an unexpected time and place. I hope that you will learn to enjoy it here because you will never be able to go back. I was shocked when I heard that but I accepted it. After she had finished her story she left and I fell into a deep sleep filled with men with 8 legs and spiders with 2 legs.

Chapter 4

When I woke up 8 people surrounded me. Sara and Sean were there too. I stared up at them blearily for a few minutes. Then they grabbed me. They put me in a sack and carried me out of the room. No matter how much I kicked and screamed it did no good. After around an hour or so they dumped me on the floor. I pulled the sack off of my head and found that there was only one person left around me. He was tall and wore fine robes of satin. He was bald and glowed an unnatural green color. He reeked of sulfur and smoke. He told me that he was going to return me to my home if I promised that I would never tell anyone else about this place. I agreed. I wouldn’t have if I had known what he would do to me when he sent me home. He told me right before I blacked out that he had to make sure that I never told anyone.

Chapter 5

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;color:red;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:

EN-US">I woke up in the hospital. There were doctors all around me trying to get a better look at me to see if I was ok. I tried to say that I was ok but no sound came out of my mouth

Introduction

It has been two months since they last came. I haven’t been the same since. They did something I just know it. They didn’t say who they were and they were wearing masks. I don’t really know how to describe them to you. They wore all black and like I said they had masks on, ski masks to be specific. They were wearing black gloves and black shoes. As soon as I saw them I blacked out. I know what your thinking. You think that I’m talking about terrorists or something. You’re wrong they were nothing like terrorists. If they were they would have shot me instead of doing what they did. They transported me somewhere else. I don’t know how they did it. You wont believe what’s happened. That’s why I’m writing this. I don’t want people to think that I’m crazy. I hope that you will believe me. You will at least stay and finish this book wont you? Of course I will have no way of knowing what you will do. Choose wisely for what I’m about to tell you will change you forever.

Chapter 1

I woke up on the floor. That was probably the first thing that I noticed. I was cold uncomfortable and stiff. I seemed to be inside of a room of some sort. The floor was some kind of material that I couldn’t define. I sat up and looked around. The walls and floor were a sort of shiny white material. It was almost springy. I stood up to see that there weren’t any doors, but that there wasn’t a ceiling either. I walked around the entire perimeter until I came to a small opening of a sort. You couldn’t see it unless you stood at a certain angle. I had just turned around when it happened; a huge spider about the size of a Great Dane was slowly coming through the ceiling. It looked at me with about eight beady, black eyes. We just stood there for a minute staring at each other when suddenly the spider lunged at me. Thank goodness that I was standing right next to the hole or I would have been lunch. When I stepped out of the hole I found that I was standing in a large room surrounding the spiders den. There were crowds of people sitting in stands booing at me. I turned to look back at the spider den and saw that on the side that I was looking through the walls were clear. I had been thrown into a sort of coliseum. Only after I noticed all this did I look up to see the people in the crowd. That’s when I noticed that they weren’t exactly people. 

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 02:54 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 48

color:blue">If I could design the library in the future then I wouldn’t make to many changes. I would arrange the books in alphabetical order using the title of the book instead of the author. A lot of people including me don’t know the author of a book that they want to read but they do know the title. I think that I would also add more comfy chairs to sit in. I would have many lamps and windows so that everyone would have no problem seeing. I would make sure that there would always be someone there to help you find books and check out books. The library we have does a pretty good job of all of that but I think I would just tweak it a little bit. We have a great librarian and she does an amazing job of making sure that every one has what they need. I love to read. I think that I wouldn’t like it as mush if it were electronic. I know a lot of people like electronic books so we should have a technology area in the library so that people can choose there preference rather then having just books. I know that there are a lot of electronic books. Even if there are electronic books available to you I feel that you should still read real books. You can almost feel the books personality by looking at its pages or its cover. Weather a book is old or new it is always wonderful. I think that libraries are great places. Remember to READ! It will keep your mind active and feed your imagination.