The Girl Who Spelled Freedom 12/01/11
10/21/11
10/17/11
10/14/11
Library of the Future 09/30/11
Prejudice 09/16/11
6th Grade 08/26/11
6th grade 08/26/11

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:43 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 81

Linn was very shy then throughout obstacles and other things she became for tough and not as scared. When she first came over from Cambodia she didn’t know any English and she was very timid. But after George and Prissy Thrash took the family in and showed them what it was like to be an American she got much better. School also affected her. She learned that she couldn’t always win and that sometimes you have to lose and just because you lose that doesn’t mean there is a punishment. Linn change a lot through out the book especially with all her fears that she had to over come!

Chapter 1- Airport

5 more minutes on the clock until schools out. Not only was it the end of the day it was almost winter break and Aubrey just couldn’t wait. She was going on her first plane flight to visit her Dad who lived in New York. She lived with her mom and had two older sisters and one older brother. They all lived in Nashville, Tennessee.  All of her siblings were coming too. So right as the final bell rang she raced to her locker, got all of her things, and sprinted to the car. Where she found her mom with 4 Burger King meals for everyone as they went to the airport.

It felt like hours on the way to the airport, Aubrey thought. Her oldest sister, Collins, was talking to her friend on her telephone. Her brother Jake was watching some football recording on his phone. Her other sister Peyton was listening to music. Aubrey was just sitting there thinking about the Big Apple. She had never been there before but all her classmates have. So she thought about what she was gong to do. They were going to see a Broadway play, visit the Statue of Liberty, and go walking around.

Finally they got to the airport and saw that they were 30 minutes behind schedule. So they ran to the check in booth and got checked-in. They went through security. All of her siblings had done this before but she had never. So instead of running she slowly walked and looked at every gate and saw where they were all going. So her mom had to hurry her along.

Once they arrived at the gate they were just getting ready to board so her mom said, “ Good Bye, I love you guys. Hope you have a good flight see you in 2 weeks.”

Aubrey almost started to cry he was so nervous. But she gave her hug good bye and went on the flight.

As they walked on the airplane Aubrey was looking at the seats and the people in them. So finally they found their seats, 34 A, B, C, D. So they decided that Aubrey would sit with Collins and Peyton and Jake would sit together. So they took off. Aubrey couldn’t hold it in any longer she burst into tears. She was really scared. So Collins said, “Would something to drink help.”

When Aubrey herd that she was a little confused, Collins and her never got along. But her and her sister Peyton did. But she didn’t really care so she just said, “ Yes please”

So they found the Flight Attendant asked for 2 cups of sprite. She was shocked at how refreshing that was. About 30 minutes after that they came around with drinks and snacks. Collins and Aubrey ordered pretzels and another sprite.

It was about 5:00 p.m. when they heard the captain say “ We will be landing in Newark in 10 minutes so pack up your things and Merry Christmas.

Aubrey almost forgot it was CHRISTMAS. For the first time since school she remembered. She was so excited.

Finally 45 minutes later they we waiting for they dad in Newark.

Chapter 2: Where is He

They all got off the plane and ran to get their bags. They had to wait along time so they got a little snack. Then their dad said he would meet them at the door 3. So they slowly walked over to the door and sat on their bags. They waited and they waited but no one was there. It was 6:45 pm and still no dad. Collins finally said, “ We should just call him maybe he thought we were coming later.”

So Jake got out his phone and dialed the number. No answer it went straight to voicemail. Jake left a short message and said, “ Hey Dad, Its Jake we’re at the airport waiting at the door just wanted to see when you were gonna get here. Bye.”

It was 7:30 and still no one was there. Then Collins said, “ I’m tired and I want to go to his apartment! I he isn’t here in the next 10 minutes I’m renting a car and driving to his house.”

“Collins, you can’t drive and you don’t know where his house is so that is not going to work,” exclaimed Aubrey.

“There he is,” screamed Peyton, “There he is!”

Chapter 3: Dad

Finally their dad was here. We ran as fast as we could to see him. He apologized and then got in the car. We had the Christmas music playing very low and we talked over it. So we talked about school and friends and most important what we were going to do. He told us we were going to see the rockets, the Statue of Liberty, go to Carlos bakery, and most important walk around. So we got to his apartment (in New York City) and had some hot chocolate. We watched the movie Elf. WE were all so tired we decided to go to bed.

The next morning he woke us up early to get some breakfast. They went to a bakery on Broadway Street. They all got a little muffin with an egg. So she got what she would of always gotten, a chocolate muffin. So they found a table and started to eat.

Aubrey started with her egg. She got the pepper and put some on it. Then once she was done she bit into the muffin. About two minutes later she could barely breath. She had eaten some sort of peanuts.

They didn’t know what to do so they called 911 and could barely get their words out. They had no idea what was going on. Neither did Aubrey. About 2 minutes later a big ambulance comes with their sirens on. They came and got her a put her in the car and drove to the hospital.

Of course right behind them was her dad, Collins, Jake, and Peyton. Once they arrived at the hospital t

He doctor said you have to wait in the waiting room. So they found a seat. Their dad suggested they read a book or play on there phones but all they could think about was if she would live. In the corner of their dads eye he could see the doctor giving her a million shots and Aubrey crying. But he could hear anything.

Chapter 4: Will she make it           

My Story is…

My story starts in New Jersey where I was born. I was born in New Jersey. I live right across the street from my best friend, Mary Kate Feldsott. We had a lot of memories only being 4 when I moved. For example one time we were playing hair shop and I cut of her hair.

When I was 4 I moved to Georgia where I live now! Once I moved here my very first friend was Ryan Quisling. Then I met some other really good friends that are still my friends today like Morgan Dickinson, Savannah Macke and Jada Jones.

One of the things that are big in my life are every summer I go to the Boys and girls club in down town Atlanta and give them ice cream. I also like cheerleading. I get to perform in the pre show at the Braves game and do competitions.  One more thing that I get to do is go to football games, I don’t like playing football but I like watching it. My favorite team to go see is the Florida Gators.

If my name could be anything it would be…

If my name could be anything it would be Peyton. That is my favorite name in the entire world. I got that name from watching football (which I hardly ever do). I got it from Peyton Manning. Even though it was a boys name I think it sound cool for a girl name too.

But the good thing about my name is it is ALWAYS on a key chain. So I can put it on my book bag. But I never see Peyton on a key chain. That’s ok though. Peyton is an unusual name so when ever there something that you can get your name on it’s not on there but Katie is.

How would I design the library of the future?

I would have all the bookshelves on one side of the library. Then across from that I would have all the chairs and the beanbags. On the other side of the bookshelves there would be some desks to study and do homework. Then across from those desks there would be some computers and research books.

The bookshelves would be organized by title. One side would have hardbacks and the other would have paper back. You could also rent a kindle for $5. If you need help finding a book the librarians desk would be in the middle of the library and the offices would be near the desks.

That would be what I would do with the library of the future. I would try to keep the library of the future kind of the same as the old kind of library. But the library of the future would be really cool.

What is Prejudice?

color:#3366FF">Prejudice is when people don’t like other people based on their religion, culture, race or language. A lot of people were prejudice when Martin Luther King Jr. was alive.

Prejudice is also called pre-judgment, discrimination, unfairness, and inequality. It is a very wrong thing to be prejudice. That means you are not realizing that God made us all in his own image.

mso-bidi-font-family:Times;color:#3366FF">   It also is very unfair because a lot of time it is not something they can change, like their skin color, religion and/ or their culture. I know a lot of people can change their religion but a lot of the time they won’t change.

mso-bidi-font-family:Times;color:#3366FF">   Prejudice is basically pre-judging someone. It is kind of like judging a book by its cover. You’re not really giving them a chance to show who they really are.  I hope no one ever thinks of me as being prejudice!!

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

The best things about 6th grade are…

We have so much more freedom. In between we don’t have to walk in straight lines. In the forum coming back from chapel you have to get to your class on time without any ones help. Also when we go to lunch we can get up and get a drink without asking. It’s so different than elementary.

Also the MACS it’s so much easier with them you can save things to your computer and not have to worry about it until it is due. Also when you don’t understand something you can just go to studywiz and check. Also you can email your teacher at any time. In elementary you had to email the teacher when you got home and sometimes your just waiting for something to finish and you can’t do your homework. But you can with MACS. It is so much easier than in elementary.

Third is the lunch. It is so good you can get lemonade juice and more drinks. Also the snack shack has good desserts for after lunch. You can get ice cream, brownies, and XL cookies. The food is good to. Every day you can get pretzels, bagels, salads and chips.  Lunch in junior high is the best

Last are the lockers. We are allowed to decorate the inside. Also you can keep everything in there and no one can steel things. I love seeing everyone’s different locker decorations. I love the lockers.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:21 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 58

Third is the lunch. It is so good you can get lemonade juice and more drinks. Also the snack shack has good desserts for after lunch. You can get ice cream, brownies, and XL cookies. The food is good to. Every day you can get pretzels, bagels, salads and chips.Lunch in junior high is the best