Chapter 2

I woke with a start. How long had I been sleeping?  I glanced at my watch hopefully.  Good.  It is only 10:56. Wait a minute… 10:56!?!?  I need to go!  I ran down to the plane that had the #17 sign on it.  Okay… I am here. I am not late.  I am still on time for going to my dad’s house.  I showed the lady my ticket.  She scanned it, not taking a glance at me. Typical.  I got onto the plane, and turned my phone to ‘airplane mode.’  Then, I put my seatbelt on, and, just as the pilot was saying, “Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your flight to….” I zonked.  I would find out later that this put the whole story into motion.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next morning, when I woke, I got up, got dressed, and started to walk over to the Military Sign-Up.  There was a long line once I got there. Lots of people are determined to help out in the war. But none are as determined as I am.  I will not only fight, but I will become a general, and I will not die, so I will come home and be given a medal, and the US will have been put into it’s right place.  And my mom will make biscotti.  When I got up to the place where you actually sign up, I heard the sound of a copy machine. That is weird- I don’t know anyone in Greece who can afford one of those.  Maybe these people are French.  Then the guy at the desk said, “Vwell, are vou going to zign up, or not?”  “Of course I am!” I replied, ticked off.  “Vwell do it then!” he said sarcastically.  I grabbed the pen he was playing with, and scribbled my name on the list:

Nico Chaconas

There. Now my name is on the list, and there is a chance I will go to war.  I hope I do.  I would fight for my country until I died.

When I woke up, I checked my phone. No messages, no texts.  Then I heard the pilot overhead:  We will arrive in Greece in approximately 14 minutes.  Greece?  I thought, I thought this plane was going to Los Angeles!  Oh no……  If this plane is not headed to Los Angeles, and I am headed to Greece………  I thought back to the newspaper I was reading earlier:

With France: Greece, Ireland, UK, and Mexico.

With US: Italy, Brazil, and Iran.

That means I am headed right smack into enemy territory.  And I am American.  

Chapter 2

Hold on, back up. You must read my first chapter before you read this because it will make no sense at all. Now back to the story…

Well anyway I do not know when this falling ended because for maybe like a day or two I was sitting (well not really sitting, more like falling) down into something I can’t even explain. You might think that this experience would have been “super cool” or “totally awesome,” but I thought it was totally boring. It was pitch black and I couldn’t see. So if you get the point, falling down was not something of enjoyment. I was just so tired and had so many things going on in my head I couldn’t think about it. Matter of fact I slept for about a day.

Finally, after all this time, I feel ground at my feet, but I’m not hurt at all. Strange… It should have been more like BOOM, CRASH, so hard that I die. But not at all. Just a nice landing.

I look around. All I see are mirrors. I promise you that this is not Alice in Wonderland. Anyway I start looking closely in them. They’re not just mirrors, they are curtains that have a mirror look to them. All of them are like that. Except there are like millions of them. I forgot to mention that this room was as huge as maybe a football field. I guess trying to pick one to go into would be kind of hard.

There must have been like a timer or something for me to pick one because the floor opened up and I dropped about another mile or two down. PLOP! Now this time it hurt. Not a soft landing or anything.

I look around. All I see is all different paths, each with some type of candy. Surprisingly for a 12-year-old girl, I don’t really like candy. It’s just not something I get addicted to like everyone else. But I don’t want to fall into something again. So I pick, (out of another football field length room) the lollipop path.

You can tell that this is the path to take from the other side of the room. These lollipops are HUGE! There are all different colors, shapes, and sizes. It looks like a rainbow factory.

Here goes, I say to myself. I step into the path (which by the way was made of crushed lollipops), and start my first big adventure (which is what I thought at the time).

Chapter 3 

Mmm…. I can smell the scent of candy, well mostly lollipops, all around me as I walk through the lollipop path. All I can see are lollipops, all different shapes, colors, and sizes. I mean it’s HUGE! This place must go on forever. I’ve been walking for like hours already.

Now my knees and my legs are starting to feel like melted chocolate, ready to smooth down on the ground. Plop! I just fall on the ground with nothing stopping me. The smell of chocolate and my tiredness is overwhelming. Zzzzzz………

Ahh! Okay, so now this little person is running around me, jumping on top of me, and screaming at the top of his lungs. How more crazy could this world get, if it is a world or whatever this place is.  Wait a second… this kid, he looks familiar…

“Hi Melissa,” says the kid. I still can’t point my finger on who he is, or why he’s here. (Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you that my name is Melissa Bradley of Chattanooga, TN).

“How did you know my name?” I ask.

“Oh, well…yea, I just do.”

“Well that’s a very good explanation,” I say sarcastically.

“Yea, but I’ll tell you my name.”

“Okay, go ahead….”

“But it’s strange.”

“PLEASE just say it!”

“OK fine.”

“Anytime now…” I say.

“It’s Noremac,” he says.

What a stupid name, I think to myself. I can understand why he didn’t want to say it. Who would want to be called NOREMAC? Not me! My life is just getting crazier by the minute. First my encounter with Joanna, next falling into some world, the mirror room, the candy room, and now meeting this strange kid name Noremac.

“Aren’t you allergic to chocolate?” Noremac asks.

“Umm, ya. Again, how did you know that. Never mind that, you won’t tell me. Anyway, what does it matter that I’m allergic to chocolate. It’s disgusting. I would never even TRY to eat it.”

“Umm, yea, as a matter of fact, if you didn’t figure out already, you are in this place which is full of candy. And one main type of candy is chocolate. So wherever you’re going (and I know this place by heart) you will end up in some place that has chocolate. It’s called The Cocoa Place if I’m not mistaken. So I suggest turning right around and heading out.”

“Excuse me, but I certainly don’t know how to get out of this place.”

“I’m more than welcome for you to tell me.”

“Fine, but you have to promise that you will tell nothing of this place.”

“But I have to,” I cried. “My family will be wondering where I went, and I can’t just make up a story for them.”

“It’s okay. The time you spent in here takes up no time in the real world.”

“Okay, I promise not to tell.”

“And if you do… well I won’t tell you because you won’t like to hear it.”

“Is it something bad going to happen if I do?”

“I said I wouldn’t tell.”

“Fine.”

“Okay. Now you need to get a good night sleep and rest up. We have a busy day ahead of us,” Noremac said.

“Now I’ll never get to go to Paris=http://” sobbed Emily.

“Why are you crying?” said someone.

Emily didn’t look up and started mumbling.

“Well why?”

“Because I’ve been dreaming of this trip to Paris my entire life, and now I can’t find my best friend, and-“ Emily stopped for a second and gazed up. To her surprise Annabelle was standing right there!

Emily was practically jumping up and down. Maybe they could make it after all. They rushed past everyone in one big blur trying to catch their plane.

Finally, they reached the attendant that asked for their tickets and were soon on board the plane.

The Magical Chicken Nugget: Chapter 2

Tami ran as fast as she could. She was trying to run away from the castle. It wasn’t that she didn’t like it. The place just made her uncomfortable. She didn’t feel at home. Jimmy ran after her, “WAIT come back! I can protect you here! Please Tami! I LOVE YOUU!!!” Tami stopped running. She turned around slowly and looked at him with a puzzled look. Did he just say what she thought he said? Whoa she thought to herself.  That was very unusual for Tami to hear. She started walking back to the castle slowly think to herself I might have a boyfriend! Weeeee!!  Shouting as if she were on a rollercoaster. When she got there they stared into each other’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” she said “I just didn’t feel at home, and um that was my sigh my first kiss---and it caught me off guard. Sorry.” “It’s fine! I understand I think,” Jimmy replied. Tami looked at him suspiciously. She was thinking about the eye situation from earlier. He looked her in the eye with a funny look and she giggled. He held her hand and led her back inside, “Let me introduce you to my parents!” he said cheerfully. She stared at him for a long time with a puzzled look. “Why?” she asked him. He laughed, “Well I always have to introduce my girlfriend to my parents, silly.” He told her. She smiled inside…I DO HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!! YAYYY!! I AM SPECIAL!

Jimmy knocked on his parent’s room door silently. They replied, “Come in.” The pair walked in hand in hand. His parents looked at him with a who- is- this- girl look. They dropped hands and walked in. Tami looked at them nervously and said, “ Hello, My name is Tami.” Jimmy’s parents said “Nice to meet you Tami” in unison. Then Jimmy stepped into the conversation. “This is my new girlfriend mom and dad I think it would be nice if you could meet her. She will tell you a little about her.” He looked at her with a look that said Go! This is sort of embarrassing to me!! Then she told them all about her. Jimmy’s parents welcomed her to the family then asked if she could step out of the room so they could talk to Jimmy personally. They were talking about how much they adored Tami and told Jimmy that he made a good choice. They always did have a spare room in the house. That would be Tami’s new room and she could decorate it however she wanted because…she was an official princess as of right now. So, she had a butler and a cook and maids. This was the life! It was wonderful to have such good service, a service that she has never had before.

Tami and her dad rode home. They were trying to come p with a story to tell her mom about why she was in the hospital and how she has all these super powers. So they said that she fell down a flight of stairs at the mall and some super hero took her to the hospital and gave her 8 super powers... a pretty bad lie but kind of sort of believable. So when they got home they told her mom that exact story, she looked at the pair  with a funny look. She was thinking sure I’d believe THAT story when I see pigs fly. Which is never going to happen, so I guess this story is passable. She nodded, smiled, and then walked away. “You think she bought it?” Tami asked innocently. Her father replied, “I dought that. Your mom always has been hard to trick. I never did like that about her.” Tami just looked at her dad pursing her lips. There was a trick to this whole situation that Tami and her father hadn’t known about, though. Her mom already knew what happened. She called Chick-Fil-A earlier to ask. So she already knew that they were lying. She still didn’t understand though, how could a chicken nugget meal could do this to such an innocent young girl? That is kind of amazing and awkward at the same time.. you know how it is. How you have different--…sigh never mind no need explaining if you don’t understand anyways. Well I think this is getting a little bit boring to you all sooo let’s go back to the “movie”. How about it? Yes? Okay sure.

Okay let’s see where we left of. OH YEAH, THAT’S WHERE WE WERE!! Tami was so excited to have her 1st boyfriend ever. She had so many different emotions running through her. She was happy, scared, excited, etc. You ever had that feeling? Well, I think everybody does from time to time. Well uh let’s stop talking about us and talk about Tami….again.

So yeah, Tami was pretty happy, but a little scared too. Since she has never had a boyfriend she didn’t want to do anything wrong to ruin the relationship between them. She wanted to keep him as long as she could. Tami and Jimmy loved each other and their relationship got better and better as the days and weeks whizzed past. The couple didn’t notice because they were worried about what am I going to get him/her for our 2 week anniversary? So they knew how long they were together just not tracking the time…UGH WHY CAN’T I EXPLAIN ANYTHING TODAY YOU’LL GET IT LATER IN THE STORY (I hope but probably not.. OH WELL SUCKS FOR YOU). Anyhow, they loved each other a lot. Jimmy’s parents loved Tami like a daughter and actually they took her in as their daughter. She felt loved in this place. Happiness was always running through her while she lived here. Her life was PERFECT! It just couldn’t get any better. Well that is what she thought, but actually it could get WAY better than just being a princess and having a true loving boyfriend. It made her fell special. She had never had a boyfriend before. She was starting to think that she wasn’t good enough, pretty enough, or anything. BUT NOW…SHE FELT FILLED UP LIKE A BUCKET. The only thing that Tami didn’t like about Jimmy was that Jimmy always talked about her past girlfriends, but Tami would just sit, smile, and listen. Hoping that would give him a signal to shut up and move on with his life. He would always ask her about her past lovers knowing not that she never had one, except for her family. So she would just make up some random boys that she remembered she liked once upon a time. He would just say “WOW THAT’S REALLY COOL!!!” She just looked at him with a blank look. Then he ALWAYS assumed that there was something wrong. Ugh, she hated that but whatever she has to do to keep her boyfriend…so be it.  She would have to get over it, everybody has their quirks. You know how the neighbor has a horrible singing voice but she doesn’t know that, or how your best friend think the word legit means epic when it really means real. So I mean... like um…never mind it. Let’s just move on to a NORMAL everyday life.

“Awww. Do I have to wake up now?” Tami asked moaning and groaning. “You have to,” her father said with a bit of fear in his voice “Your mom found out... WE HAVE TO LEAVE!!!NOWWW!!!” Tami looked at her father with a blank look—then thought OH psht he’s kidding, but the look in his face told her different. She jumped out of bed, put her clothes on, and got in the car. She was wondering HOW THE HECK DID SHE FIND OUT? Then she remembered, her mom DID always have some sources. That really did annoy her. Why did she always have to talk so much and get people’s emails and numbers and all that contacting kind if stuff you know what I mean. Tami’s whole life has been messed up since that chicken nugget situation. Her dad was driving at an unusual speed. Tami turned around, just now noticing that her mom was following them. Tami screamed then unbuckled herself… “TAMI! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?” her father screamed. “Good bye daddy. I love you. Always remember that.” Tami replied. Then out of nowhere she opened the door and hopped out. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Tami screamed being sent on her way. Her dad stopped the car running after his beloved daughter. Tami’s mom saw what happened, pulled over, then did the same. “TAMI!” they yelled in unison. Tami thought since I don’t mean anything here. I must not mean anything anywhere, if I die God will care for me. Ha ha ha.. fail on Tami’s part. She did mean something somewhere...in her dream to her lover, Jimmy, to her mom and dad, and to the kind king and queen that took her in as one of their own. Then all of her loved ones popped into her mind. She smiled a loving smile but then remembered that she could possibly die right then and there. She said a quick prayer promising to never try to do this action again- - - not that she wanted to in the 1st place and also to get her out of this situation. Then she screamed for her dad to come help her. Then, as if God answered her prayers immediately she stopped rolling and was in the hands of a stranger.  She looked up at the person with fear in her eyes. It looked like she knew him from somewhere. It’s Jimmy from The Wizard of Oz! “JIMMY!” Tami screamed in delight. Jimmy smiled at her, “Hey” he replied with confidence. Then Tami’s parents ran up behind them. When they say them hugging they asked her, “Who is this?” Tami got up limping a little bit and replied to them, “ This is my boyfriend, from my dream” then she looked at Jimmy, “How did you get here, in the real world?” Jimmy smiled a crooked smile “I followed you here, so now pretty much I am with you everywhere you go.” Tami looked at her parents innocently and apologized for scaring them. After that they whole family went out to Bruster’s for some ice cream. And the family lived happily ever after! THE END

But you guys didn’t really believe that was the end did you? LOL SMILEY FACE IF YOU  DID…J JJJJJJJ….THEN

Chapter 2

At first he was stunned but then he saw that his leg was broken to. He said to himself that is weird. The days with his cast were bad and he could not wait until he was out of the cast. When he was out of the cast he went to the store to get some bubble gum.

A month later he started to play baseball again. At first he could barely throw the ball from second base to first base. Then he progressed and got to play shortstop a little bit. He hit last in the lineup and struck out every time. When he cut himself he put a band aid on it and went to bed.

In the morning his mom woke him up and reminded him about the game today. He got up and got ready. CRACK! The crowd cheered it was his first hit of the year. As peter rounded the bases he watched the ball sail over the fence. HOMERUN!

Chapter 3

It was his first hit of the year! The next at bat the same thing happen. The next at bat the same thing happened. It was great but peculiar. Before he went to bed he took the band aid off.

Come sit with me said his best friend. When he got there they started talking about baseball. They talked about the major leagues. Then they started talking about there game. Then he asked peter how his arm was.

She had gotten bored writing about herself and decided to write a real story. It took her a while to think of something, but finally, she had an idea. “Once upon a time…” No, that was at the beginning of all stories. “One day,” no, that wasn’t good enough. “Oh! I thought of something!” This is her story.

She was all alone, walking slowly and carefully down the shadow filled hallway. The air felt cold and heavy. A creepy moan filled the room. It got louder, and louder, and louder, until suddenly, out of nowhere - -

“BOO!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed.

“Ha! You were so scared!” laughed my best friend Lexi.

“I was reading my book! I was at a really scary part!” I whined.

“You always get SO scared! What are you going to do on Halloween?”

That thought had crossed my mind. I have always scared so easily over every little thing, and Halloween was approaching. I had even thought about not going. But I couldn’t do that to Lexi. No matter how much she made fun of me for scaring so easily, she would be devastated if I couldn’t come trick or treating with her. We had gone together ever since kindergarten, when we were both fairies. I had to go. For Halloween, I was going to have to be something really scary though. I wanted to be scary this year instead of scared.

“Whatever. See you later,” I sighed.

She started to walk away.

“WAIT!” I yelled. “Wanna eat dinner at my house on Halloween? Maybe we could sleepover at your house after.

I was the first year in a while that Halloween was actually going to be on a Friday. Everyone knows that Friday is the best day to go trick-or-treating.

“Sure,” she answered.

“Cool! That would be awesome!” I said a little quicker than necessary. Lexi looked at me awkwardly.

“Okay then,” she said as she started walking back home.

The next day at school, Lexi and I were walking in the hallway talking about Halloween.

“What are you going to be for Halloween?” I asked her.

“I think I might be a devil,” she replied. “My costume is going to be so awesome! Maybe you could be an angel.”

“Okay. That sounds cute,” I said.

During lunch, I sat with a group of friends. The whole conversation was about Halloween.

“I’m gonna be a hotdog!” giggled Rachel.

“I think I might be a witch!” Kenzie added, smiling.

Suddenly Brooke walked up to our table. Everyone knew that she had a reputation of being mean and bratty. We used to be best friends until Lexi moved here. She used to live in Florida, then her family moved to California because her dad had gotten a new job. When Lexi moved in next door to me, I knew we would be best friends. I invited her to my seventh birthday party, a sleepover. Brooke didn’t like Lexi and she was making it VERY obvious. After we had all fallen asleep, everyone except Brooke and I had fallen asleep. Brooke tip-toed to the fridge, and to my horror, took a soda, shook it up, and sprayed it in Lexi’s face. She woke up screaming, and began to cry. By now, everyone was wide awake, staring at Lexi. Her mom had to take her home. I felt sooooo bad for Lexi, so I did what any other seven-year-old would of done. I picked up the soda and sprayed it at Brooke’s face. I knew it was worth it, even though I got grounded for a month and everyone had to leave at 2:00 in the morning. The next day at school, I told Lexi what I did, and I could tell how happy she was that I would do that for her. We’ve been best friends ever since, but we still hate Brooke. I also don’t like soda that much anymore.

I pretended to read my book so Brooke wouldn’t notice me.

Chapter 1

Once upon a time there was a girl. She was going to write about Justin Bieber except her teacher told her you couldn’t do a report on Justin Bieber. She was VERY, VERY disappointed so she decided to just make up a story, and you are reading it RIGHT now! So let’s try this again…

Once upon a time there was a girl. Her name was Mahlon. She loved Justin Bieber VERY, VERY, VERY much! Her dream was to meet him, then he would fall in love with her, then they would date, then they would get married and live happily ever after. Now she isn’t stupid so she knows that’s not going to happen L. (It’s sad, isn’t it?) Well so one day she was just hanging out with her friend who lived in Country Club of the South (by the way Justin Bieber lives there.) So Mahlon and her friend decided to go on a walk. They didn’t think about Justin Bieber being there one single bit. As they were walking they stopped to take a little break for some water. And then all of a sudden they see Justin riding by in his car! OMG=http://! IT WAS JUSTIN BIEBER=http://! He looked AMAZING!!!! They HAD to find where exactly he lived so they could meet him and get autographs and stuff. They could also brag to people J (Just saying…) Alright, now it’s REASEARCH TIME=http:// They aren’t stalkers they are just trying to find her true love. They were meant to be together. That is why God put Justin Bieber and Mahlon McLeroy on Earth. DUH! 

Chapter 2

After about a year of this he realized he was getting better. He realized that all of this hard work was paying off. Before he knew it he was 11 years old and going into Junior High. At this time his parents were really having a hard time providing for his family. So naturally Jake knew like always that he wouldn’t be able to play organized basketball for the school. This wasn’t new to Jake so that year he continued getting better by playing on the downtown court with the older guys.

One cold, crisp winter night he was playing in one of the daily games and something amazing happened. Jake had scored a basket! He was so surprised! From this point on he started being able to score a least a basket each game. And then one day his mom said that she and his dad had made enough money for him to play organized basketball for the school. His mom told him when he came back from one of the downtown basketball games. Should he take the offer or should he not?...

When I got home I threw my books on the floor of my room and went outside. Before I left I was thinking about telling my parents Hi but bailed. Because I could hear them 3 doors down praying. The only thing I don’t get is how you pray to a person that doesn’t fight for you. He says he will make your life better if you love him. All I’m saying is that I expect  way more than love from him. How will he make your life better if you can’t even see him. After those thoughts I cleared my mind and was ready to go outside to my definition of home- the hood I call it.

When I got outside I could see all my friends picking on the new kid who just moved in. There was something odd about him. Things like he believed what my parents believe. He talked nothing about smoking or dealing drugs like all the cool kids do but I guess he was just weird like my parents. When I asked what was going on my crew told me that he said that they needed to get a grip on life and love God.

“No one likes you Charles” my home boy said to the new comer. “Yeah the rest of my crew said. In my neighborhood there was only 6 of us kids. Myself, Jojo, Christian, Lil jack, Tik Tok , and Jigga .  We were the best things you have ever seen. So as I sat and watched the new kid get beat I finally stopped the madness. “Now go home fool.” said Tik Tok. Tik Tok got his name because he was so fast. He could run up the steepest hill ever ran In Ohio I believe in 2 minutes. “Never come back.” he added.  

“Dang did he really deserve that?” I asked. “Yeah he did, He was a fool talking all that smack about even though we treat him like a dog he still loves us” Christian said. “But I do love you” Charles said. We all turned our heads to look at the stupid new kid that made the stupid comment. “Get him” I yelled. I figured if Jigga had beat him up he would fall in his first five steps. But I was wrong he took off in a full stried down the hill. “Split up”I yelled. Now it was me, Tik Tok , Jigga, and Jojo. All after the same person. We cut through the woods, we saw him almost home but Tik Tok turned on the speed. He caught up to Charles held him down and beat the mess out of him.

I swung, hit him in his jaw, kicked him in his stomach, and pulled out a paper clip that I unfolded and stabbed him. As scared as I was I ran told my crew he was good and took off running.  The only thing I was scared about was about was him having a cell phone. He could call the police and we would be taken to Juvi. That would be my third time in there.

They say dicipline and things like that make a person a good person. Well, in the juvinile detention system there is no such thing as nice people. There is just weapons for the teachers and a whole lot of bullies. In Juvi all you wonder about is who is coming to see me on a weekend and when am I getting out of the rat hole.

We ran home in a full speed dash. In the back round I could here Jigga screaming “Man down, Man down” he continued to scream. “Are you serious?” I asked myself. I told the rest of the crew to keep going and save themselves. I ran back to Lil Jack he told me he was trying to get himself a punch before he ran away. But he fell and Charles kicked him in the ankle and stomach.

Time was running out we needed to get out of here and quick. Rumor has it that Charles has a pocketknife for protection and I know that I did not want that three- inch blade stuck in my body. Thoughts were running through my mind should I leave him and catch up with the rest of them and have minus one member, or should I be a real gang leader and risk jail for my crew. I decided on choice number two I picked him up. Lil Jack was my weight so I didn’t think it would be a big deal. My legs shook they wobbled but I caught my balance and ended up running with him in my hand.

Charles came outside with his knife “Lord save you fool!!” he yelled. “I’m not scared anymore” he said. “You retards” he yelled.  “Come on Jack” I said. A little bit longer and we are home. Next thing I know Charles was running trying to catch up to us. But finally Lil Jack announced he was fine and he could fight if he needed to. I put him down. There was a three second difference from where I was standing and Charles running up to us. 1 second, thoughts were running through my mind trying to see where to aim on his face. 2 seconds, I looked at Jack to see if he was ready for this 2 on 1 battle. 3 seconds… BOOM. The third second never came. I had been hit on the head. I could hear Jack running after Charles. But that was the only thing I heard.

I woke up in my living room. I had no idea who had hit me.  I wasn’t going to let a little boy hit me in the back of the head. But was it even him. I thought about those 2 seconds before I blacked out. It could have never been Charles he was at least a second away. My thoughts were all on Lil Jack. He was right near me. But whoever it was I was going to get them.

I looked at the time. Five o’clock it said. I looked closer. Five o’clock a.m.. I was so angry I had been blacked out for at least seven hours. I got up, I knew I was going to be woken up for school. So I went on and took my morning shower. I put on my ripped skinny jeans, my flattop hat, my watch. Then I picked up my homework that I did the night before and walked out the door to the bus stop.

The bus is a place where kids sleep and hide from the bullies. I was the one who stood up for everyone on the bus. But when we hit school grounds and I would see my crew from school I had an all new attitude. Being a bully has it’s perks. Like getting extra lunch, be scared of. I gave myself a laugh and walked off the bus.

“What’s up James” I said. He gave me a who are you look and squinted. “Oh it’s you” he said. We walked over by the entrance of the school right by the gym. There I saw everyone that I usually saw at school. Well, that was in the crew. I turned around to say Hi. Then BOOM=http://!!!. I was hit in the face. “You got the stuff now fool=http://=http://!!!” James yelled.  I got up I wasn’t going down like this. I had been hit to many times and I would walk away. Now it was time to fight back.

I got up and swung, I hit him square in the nose. Blood was rushing out like a gusher with to much liquid. I hit him again this time thinking about running but the rest of the crew would hold me down. James hit me not really hurting just unexpected. This was it, it was time to prove myself and takeover. I tackled him and hit him at least 7 times in the face. Then I made the biggest mistake of my life I punched him in the throat.

I stopped. Then I looked around it was quiet. The whole crew was staring at me. Like I had a rat on the top of my head. I noticed the quietness I swear I could here the heart of Shiloh pounding his chest. I looked down, under me I could see the possibly dead body of James. I touched his throat checking his pulse. He was still breathing. I ran to the bathroom and got a wet napkin.

When I came back the whole crew except for James was gone. I rung the water out of the napkin on to his face. He let out a little cough. I stared at him. Then I walked away. I was proud of myself. But I knew no one was going to hurt me again. …

November 14, 2011     

A couple years ago, our school stopped using books. We switched over to a more modern way of learning, laptops. We still have a couple of books, but only for Language Arts. And we have digital copies of them. This morning we had a junior high assembly. Our Dean of academics, Mrs. Richey, told us that there was an important announcement and then she said we were going to play a game. She called up a kid named Parker and showed him his computer. (We all have personal Macbooks), then she showed him a brand new Macbook Air! She told everyone all of the cool new features on the MacBook Air. But best of all, no KernalPanic! (A spam that comes randomly and deletes what you were working on, it also spreads like a virus, if someone in the same room as you gets it you probably will too) Then she asked Parker, “Would you rather have your old school computer, or this lighter, faster, better MacBook Air?”. Obviously he said he would much rather have the MacBook air. Everyone was really confused of why she was showing him that new computer. Then she said, “Would you rather the whole school have the old ones or the brand new laptops?” The whole school got really excited and Mrs. Richey told us that in 3 days our old laptops would be taken up  and the Monday after Thanksgiving Break, we would all get the brand new ones! We were so excited. For 5th Period I had Mrs. Richey as my Humanities teacher and she knew all of the information that no one else knew about when exactly we would get them and that all homework due on Friday or Monday would be canceled because we wouldn’t have computers!

November 15, 2011

So since everyone has been talking about the airs all of the time, I learned a lot about them! They are less than half the weight of our current MacBooks! Only 2 days left until we hand in our old computers, but we still have to wait about a week until we get back from Thanksgiving break and get Macbook Airs. We need to get to get had shell cases for them, and the one I’m getting is hot pink. I’m so excited!

November 14, 2011     

November 15, 2011

Continuation of Creative Story

When she got to New York City she couldn’t wait to start her adventure of becoming a Food Network star. First Jordan would try and find the headquarters for Food Network and then see if she could go inside and talk to the producer of Food Network, but what Jordan was here for was to have fun and have a wonderful vacation. She would worry about this on her day.

That day was her brother’s day so they did what he wanted to do, which was go to the Lego Store. While she was at the Lego Store she couldn’t help but plan what she was going to do, but little did she know it wasn’t going to go her way.

Chapter 2

Jordan’s Day

Today was the day that Jordan would go to Carlos Bakery. She was going to go to Carlos Bakery. While Jordan was waiting in line to use the bathroom to get ready (New York suites are small and she is a girl she needs a long time) she was dreaming that maybe she would meet someone that worked for Food Network. She didn’t deny it though because it could happen.

Jordan had an interesting experience while she was there.  While she was there you saw someone. She knows that person but she thought it couldn’t be him. She talks to her mom, “Mom, I think that, that guy over there is the producer of Food Network. Can I talk to him?” “Jordan if you are going to do that I have to go with you.”, Mom said. “Mom that’s okay as long as I can talk to that man.” She said. As they are walking over there she has butterflies in her stomach. She doesn’t want to be let down. As she is getting over there she finally remembers who it is. It is Bob Tuschman, the general manager of Food Network!!!! She was so excited. Now Jordan is really nervous.

Jordan goes up to Bob Tuschman and says, “Good Morning I am a huge fan of the Food Network!!!!” He says,” Really I wouldn’t think a girl your age would like it.” “ Well, I am not your average 12 year old girl. You might think that this is crazy but I have an idea.” “What is it” It was finally Jordan’s chance to maybe have her dreams come true. “I want to be the youngest person on the Food Network to have their own cooking show.” “Really” “Yes” “ I would have to think about that, but you never know” “Okay” Jordan was so excited her mom gave him her information and he said he would talk to them soon.

Chapter 3

The Waiting Game

Jordan had a great time in New York City, but it has been six weeks since she gave Bob Tuschman her information and she is starting to have some regrets. She thinks maybe he was a fake maybe it wasn’t even him, but Jordan wouldn’t give up on her dream some way it was going to come true.

One day she comes home from her last day of school and her mom says she has to talk to her. Jordan is wondering what she did and if she was in trouble. Her mom tells her to meet her in her dad’s office and when she gets in there it is decorated with balloons and streamers and a few of her close friends and family. Hanging in her dad’s office is a banner that says,”CONGRATULATIONS=http://” Jordan is surprised.

The Super Monkey

Chapter 2

“Man, those were good!” he said. The whole family was fat now! What are we going to do?” said the dad. “We have to find out how to lose weight. Let’s ask the monkeys next door, they might know how.” They walked over to the front door and knocked. “Who is it?” a voice answered. “It’s your next door neighbors.”  they said. The door opened and out came Mrs. Monkey. “Hello, how can I help you?” “We need to lose weight.” They replied. “Oh, that’s no problem, but it might take awhile. “That’s fine, as long as we lose a little weight.”

“Ok, let’s get started!” said Mrs. Monkey. “Let’s do some sit ups.” “Do we have to?” they complained. “Yes, we do. It may be hard but it works wonders for your body.” “Fine,” they said. The dad did ½ of a sit up, the mom did 1 sit up, and super monkey did 5,000,000,000. He may be fat, but he does still have super powers. He had already lost 10 pounds! “Wow, you are good at losing weight!” Mrs. Monkey said. “Now lets work on your parents weight. This is NOT going to be easy.

“Come on! You can do at least 1! Right?” They only had done ½ of a sit up, and they have been working on it for 30 minutes! “We can’t do it!” they both groaned. “Yes you can, just believe in your self!” Suddenly, they lifted them selves up and did a sit up. “Ok we did one, now can we go have some more bananas?” “No, try to not eat for the next few days, just have water. “What! We might starve!” “No you won’t. The body can survive 1 week without food. As long as you have water you will be fine.” “ Uhh!” they groaned. Then they went to work on their second sit up.

It was the second day of working out. They hadn’t made any progress, and they were very stubborn. “Do we have to?” they would always ask. “Yes you do!” she would always reply. Mrs. Monkey felt like quitting, but she was determined not to give up. “Ok, lets do something easy, like jumping jacks! You can do those, right?” “Maybe,” they said, “This may not be good though!” They jumped, and when they landed, they busted through the floor and fell to the basement!” “Ouch! That’s going to hurt in the morning!” said Mrs. Monkey. “I agree!” said the super monkey.

They weren’t seriously injured, but they did have a few broken bones. The mother had a broken arm and leg, and the father had a broken rib and foot. “Well, I’m actually pretty happy I broke some bones, because now I don’t have to work out!” said the mother. “No, actually you can still do sit ups.” Uhhh!” said the mother. “However,” Mrs. Monkey said, “Mr. Monkey cannot work out.” “Yes=http://” said the father.” “What! That’s not fair!” “Well, I’m sorry. Life isn’t fair at all!”

You can enter the text of your blog hereHe thought that was a lot of sprite and ate a fest with his few hundred dollars. People kept calling him a hobo because he lived in a refrigerator box. So he saved $50. Over the next few weeks the money stared to pill up and wondered what to do with it. He wonders what to do with it in the bank. So he decided to buy a car over the next few years he bought a car not knowing you can just pay $200-300 a month. He saw a contraption that can print new documents he asks the owner what is that he said it was a computer you never saw a computer before he replied no but a computer is room sized and can calculate only numbers he was saying where have you been the 60s or 70s. This is 2011 he didn’t understand it he thought it was a clear TV screen with letters in buttons scattered around. He said “so what”. 

Chapter 1- Here Come the Aliens

Charlie was playing kickball with his friends, Bob and Joe. They were having a lot of fun until they heard a strange noise and saw something flashing at the corner of their eyes. They looked up and saw a spaceship landing a couple of yards away. They ran toward the spaceship and hid behind a tree to spy on it. Once it landed, the door to the spaceship opened and over 1,000 aliens came out of it. This amazed Charlie and his friends so they came out of their hiding spots and walked closer and closer to the spaceship. When they got to the spaceship, the aliens started speaking a very, very weird language.

“Bleep blop, bleep blop, bleep blop”, said the aliens and then the alien up front stuck out his hand to Charlie and then the two of them shook hands.

“Hello. My name is Charlie. What is your name?”

The aliens were astonished by Charlie’s language. Then, the aliens started speaking their language again. After that, the aliens started speaking English and said,

“We have come in peace. How are you today?”

Charlie and his friends were flabbergasted. The aliens can speak English, thought Charlie.

“We are good. Hey, I have a great idea! Do you all want to play kickball with us?” asked Charlie.

“Yes! I think that would be fun!” said the aliens with an evil laugh.

Chapter 2- Kickball Buddies

Charlie, Bob, Joe and the aliens were playing kickball in Charlie’s yard and it turns out that the aliens were pretty good at kickball. They were kicking homeruns almost every time they kicked. Whenever Charlie and his friends were up, the aliens would always jump up and catch the ball, or stretch their arms and catch it. Charlie and the aliens became friends and played kickball every day after lunch. Charlie and the aliens became so much like friends that Charlie let the aliens sleep at their house. The aliens would eat breakfast really early so his mom didn’t see almost 2,000 aliens eating cereal in her kitchen. That would be weird. It turned out that the aliens favorite game and sport was kickball. Charlie and the aliens would play kickball all the time in the park. Charlie and the aliens were very nice to each other. But what Charlie didn’t know is that sooner or later the aliens would take over the Earth.

Chapter 3- Aliens Go Wild

One morning, Charlie was still but the aliens were awake eating breakfast and talking about their evil plan to take over the Earth. Cyber (the leader of the aliens) suggested,

“Why don’t we leave a note for Charlie saying, ‘Dear Charlie, we missed our home up in the sky and we decided to leave. Thank you for being such a good friend to us. We are really glad we landed in your yard! Thanks, the aliens.’ But instead we will fly our spaceship to the mountains and think of a plan there.”

All of the aliens decided on using Cyber’s plan and started working on it. They wrote the note and started to fire up their spaceship. When they were done with the first part of their plan, they headed of to the mountains.

Charlie woke up from his sleep and went to go wake up the aliens. When Charlie walked in the basement (that’s where the aliens were sleeping), there was no one there. He looked all around and couldn’t find them. So, he went outside and looked to see if their spaceship was still there. It wasn’t. He went to Bob’s house and Joe’s house to see if the aliens’ spaceship was at any of their houses. Nothing. He got so scared that he went in the house and woke up her mom and said, “It’s the aliens. They are not here.”

In reply, his mom said, “What? What are you talking about?”

“Mellissa!” yelled Ashley as she got out of her car. “ I could not wait to see you. I missed you all summer. Where were you, you never answered my texts.”

“Sorry, my mom took my phone away all summer. I had to help my grandmother. She had some problems.” Mellissa replied knowing it was a total lie.

“Oh, ok. Is she all right now? Were you able to help? You know my granddad was a doctor so I could probably get him to figure out what is wrong with her if you want.”

“She is fine now.” Mellissa said wanting her to go away. “I don’t think I will need any of your help. I have to get to class now, but thanks anyway.”

“Ok bye. Well if you need anything you know who to call.” Ashley said in a disappointed tone.

As Ashley walked away Mellissa was so relieved. She thought that she would never leave. All last year, Ashley had dressed like her, talked like her, and even died her hair a dark brown to look like her. Ashley was the weirdest person in the school. Mellissa was the one every one liked. The one everyone wanted to hang out with. Then there was Ashley the weird one. The one with the nasal like voice. The one who everyone hated.

“Mellissa!” called Alyssa. “What were you doing talking to Ashley? You know her reputation. You don’t want to be like that do you? Aren’t you going to tell her that you don’t like her. She has to know where she belongs.”

“She doesn’t mean too, but I mean if you dressed and talked like that you would surely want to change. I mean it is not like she is intentionally sabotaging me. Believe me I think it is annoying to, but I mean I kind of feel bad for her.”

“There is no need to feel bad. Just get over it. She should be the one feeling bad. She has been the one annoying and bugging you. You have not done anything to her. All you have done is avoid her. You haven’t said anything mean.” Alyssa said.

“Yah, I guess your right. She does need to know where her place is. I am in my group and she is in her group. Some groups just don’t mix. Right?” Mellissa questioned.

“Exactly, who are we to worry about her. Come on,  homeroom is about to start.” Alyssa said.

Alyssa and Mellissa walked through the 6th grade hallway. They shared some of their old memories from last year. As they got to the 7th grade hallway they both walked into Mr. Ruel’s homeroom. Mr. Ruel was known for pretty much nothing. No one knew anything special about except for the fact that he was really boring whenever he teaches. Mellissa talked with some of her old friends from last year and met some new ones. Everyone in the class liked Mellissa. Right before the bell rang Ashley came in. Ashley the most annoying person in 7th grade in Mellissa’s homeroom. Mr. Ruel got up and checked everyone off and then said the thing that Mellissa was scared of the most.

“Now class, I know all of you probably want to sit next to your friends and talk, but in my class there are always assigned seats, always. I put all you names in a hat and then pulled them out to see which table you would be at. I am going to put the paper up and feel free to look at it. These seats will start tomorrow.” Mr. Ruel said.

Mellissa got up and went over to the bulletin board. It said…

Table 1: Allyssa, Tom, Max, Jeremy,

Table 2: Mary, Sarah, Katie, Elizabeth

Table 3: Matthew, Jackson, Mason, Maria

Table 4: Mellissa and Ashley

Mellissa thought that she would die. Not only was she in a table with Ashley, but that was the only other person in the group. Mellissa would be pretty much forced to talk to her. The good day turned into a horrible one for Mellissa. The rest of the day followed like homeroom. She found out that she had 4 classes with Ashley. Ashley was overjoyed by it and Mellissa tried to act that way to.

Mellissa walked home with her friend Julie. Julie was her next door neighbor that had the most annoying dogs. Julie was kind of average. She had friends, but was not really popular like Mellissa. The only time Mellissa ever talked to her was when they walked home and even then it was usually silent. As Mellissa walked home she started to get really itchy. More itchy than ever before. She started to notice on her skin little red dots.

“Oh no!” thought Mellissa, “I have the chicken pocks.”

Mellissa hurried her pace so she could get home quicker and tell her mom. Mellissa walked into her house and as usual her mom was sitting at the dinner table reading.

“Mom, I think I have the chicken pocks again.”

“Are you sure, aren’t you only supposed to get them once?” her mom got up and looked at her skin. “Oh you sure do, go ahead and lay down.”

“Ok, do I have to go to school tomorrow?” asked Mellissa hoping for a no.

“Not unless the school wants you to spread this.” Answered her mom.

That night when Mellissa went to bed she slept downstairs. Her mom told her if she slept upstairs the chicken pocks might stay up there and she might catch it again. Mellissa thought it was a silly thought, but obeyed her mom. She enjoyed sleeping downstairs because she could watch T.V. The day was a normal day except for the fact that she got the chicken pocks again. Mellissa went to sleep not knowing that what she thought was chicken pocks wasn’t really chicken pocks.

Chapter 2

Mellissa got up the next morning it seemed like a normal day. She knew something was different because her house was completely silent. Whenever she usually took a step the floor creaked, but this time she didn’t hear a sound. She picked up her pillow and threw it on the ground hoping to hear thump. Nothing happened. Mellissa yelled and she didn’t hear a sound. Apparently someone else heard her though. Her mom came running down the steps.

“What’s wrong.” Asked her mom. Her dad followed her mom with a bat in his hands. Mellissa wasn’t sure what she said, but she thought that she could figure out what she was saying.

“What’s wrong?” her mom asked again. Mellissa understood she could read her lips.

“I am fine thanku.” Mellissa replied no knowing she had slurred the word thanks and you together.

“Ok, you probably need to get ready for school.” Her mom said.

Mellissa nodded being clueless of what her mom said. She ran upstairs and into her room. She looked into her mirror and murmured “What is wrong with you?”

She got dressed as usual. She looked at her clock not remembering that it was 10 minutes slow. She decided she had some time to relax and just lay down. She walked to school with Julie usually. Julie usually came to her house and then they would walk to school from there. Mellissa was happy that her little red dots were gone and that she was not itchy anymore. Julie ran into her room and startled her. The Mellissa remembered that her clock was slow and that Julie usually called her name from the bottom of the steps.

“Why didn’t you come when I called?” asked Julie.

Mellissa had no idea what to say. She had not gotten used to reading people’s mouths. She was about to tell about her hearing, but figured it would just go away. Her mom appeared behind Julie.

“Oh, sorry Julie I forgot to tell you Mellissa has the chicken pocks. She isn’t going to go to school today.” Her mom explained.

“Oh, ok. I hope she gets better!”

Mellissa watched Julie go and figured her mom had told her that she had the chicken pocks. She was afraid that her mom would notice that she didn’t have the chicken pocks and send her to school, but luckily she didn’t. Her mom said goodbye to her and went to work like usual. Right after her mom left she went over to her computer and started to search for rare diseases. She saw something about strange bumps, but it did not seem to match her symptoms. She did not see anything about strange bumps and then lose of hearing though. All Mellissa could do right now was cross her fingers and hope. 

Later that day Mellissa went outside to go get the mail. Each month on the second Tuesday people came to clean up their yard. Mellissa ignored like always, but it was a lot easier then normal. She didn’t notice that as she was getting out the mail someone was talking to her. She finally noticed the construction worker talking and just nodded.

Ch. 2

The Discovery

The thing looked like a giant meteor, except it seemed to kind of have a magical buzz in the air around it. It was also dark black, and smoke was billowing from it. “What do you think it is, Dad?” Chris asked. “I have no idea. But, I think it may have come from space, and what we heard was the crash,” he replied. Chris slowly stretched his arm out to touch it. “No! Chris!” his dad shouted. But it was too late. ZAP! “OUCH!” Chris exclaimed. “Chris,” his father yelled. “Chris, are you okay? Speak to me!” Chris was out cold. His father quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed 9-1-1.

Ch. 3

Confusion

“Ugh... Where am I?” Chris said in a daze. “You’re in the hospital,” an unknown voice said. “Who are you, and where is my dad?” Chris questioned. “I’m the nurse, and your parents are in the lobby. I should go tell them that you’re up. I’ll be right back,” the nurse said as she left the room. “I wonder why the meteor thing gave me such a shock… maybe it was magic or something. It’s probably not. Eww, it smells like sick people in here,” Chris thought silently. “I wonder if I’ll be okay,” “Here he is Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence, he’s doing fine and he just woke up.” The nurse said as she guided Chris’s parents into the hospital room 2714. “Oh, Chris, we’re so glad you’re okay,” his parents said as they hugged him. “We were so worried. The doctors just need to make sure that nothing’s wrong, so you may have to stay here for the night.” “Okay Mom,” Chris said.

I'm still trying to decide on a title so for now I'll just call it "Valentine's Day"

Chapter Two

Madison was selling.

Sitting on top of her desk, arms extended, showing the bracelets off of her wrist to everyone who wanted to buy. Sales were doing great. She already had sixteen orders and 19 other people had boughten some of the bracelets that she had put on her wrists.

“I want the pink and gold one,” Jenny said. “And the blue and black one.” She held out four quarters. Madison gave her the bracelets and took the change. She stuffed it in her pocket right as the bell rang. That was when Thomas entered the room, casually flipping his hair.

“Hi Thomas!” she said. “Do you want to buy a bracelet for fifty cents?”

Thomas looked at her wrists. “Who would want to buy that?” he said.

Madison was hurt. He had already hust her feelings this morning. She had hoped that he would have bought one. But not because she liked him...

No, wait....it was because she liked him.

She scowled at him, and then slid into her seat and started playing with the shoelaces on her Vans.

It was then that a teacher entered the room. He looked at Madison and said, “Miss Madison, may I buy one of those bracelets in Arkansas colors?”

Madison looked down at her wrists and slid one off. The teacher handed her two quarters, and she handed him the bracelet. “Thank you,” he said. “I understand that you’re selling these all day.”

She nodded.

“Then I’ll buy another one later,” he said.

Madison beamed and opened her computer. She looked at the screen and started chatting with Jenny online.

“Alright, class,” the teacher said. “Open your Mesopotamia notes to section three, we’re going to start with the monotheism of Israel...can anyone tell...”

His voice dragged on, and Madison continued to look at the screen.

But then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Thomas looking at her. He was smiling.

------------------------------------------------------------

Matt was hiding.

In the janitor’s closet, that is. He had run off after he saw Ada crying out of the corner of his eye as he had left homeroom that morning.

It must have been something about that card, he thought to himself. I wonder what it said...

And then he saw it through the crack in the door. There was a single, crumpled-up pink card in the middle of the hallway. He so desperately wanted to read it, but he didn’t want to get caught outside his classroom.

So carefully and quietly, he reached his arm out as far as possible and touched the corner. He tried to pull it to him, and it took several times before he grabbed it.

He crept his hand back into the closet and turned on the lights. Then he shut the door.

He opened the card. It read:

Back off Matt. He’s mine.

Matt couldn’t believe it. He had just realized two things. One: Ada may like him. Two: Jess was jealous. Matt couldn’t imagine Jess being this mean to anyone. Especially Ada. What was there to be mean about? She was so nice...

But so was Jess.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, though, he had this feeling that.....well....maybe Ada was better for him.

Wait! Hold up, Matt! You have a girlfriend, he thought. You can’t like Ada.

“I can’t like Matt,” came a voice. It came from the other side of the wall. “He has a girlfriend.” They were talking about him.

“You can still like someone with a boyfriend,” another voice said. Matt was sure this was Madison Black’s voice.

“I know,” the other voice said. “But I think it would be, you know, mean to Jess.” 

“You hate Jess, though.”

“Still.”

Their conversation stopped because they heard a crash.

That crash happened to be Matt crashing into a bucket of water, face first. He had just realized that it was Ada talking, and had tripped.

“What was that?” Madison said.

“I don’t know,” Ada said. “C’mon. Let’s do our homework now.”

“Okay,” Madison said.

Matt sat up, face drenched, just in time to see the door open, and his angry social studies teacher staring down at him.

“Detention,” he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jenny was mixing.

She sat in her seat in the science lab, safety goggles over her glasses. She was measuring how much of the solution was in a graduated cylinder.

Science had always fascinated her. What didn’t fascinate her was that James was in this class.

Sitting across from her.

Being her partner.

Well, he was occupied with talking to Thomas.

Jenny carefully studied the graduated cylinder for  number eighteen. She wrote down the answer for cylinder eighteen: citric acid and water. That was the last problem.

“Done!” she said happily.

Thomas looked up. “Great,” he said. “Now let’s compare answers.”

“What took you so long?” James mumbled. Jenny scowled and ignored him.

“Okay, what did you guys get for one?” Thomas asked the two of them.

“Four and fifty six hundredths,” Jenny said. James mumbled the same thing.

“Same here. Okay...number two....” Thomas went on. The three got the same answers for the next twelve problems. And then they reached problem fourteen.

“5.98745 mL,” Jenny said.

“No,” James said, not mumbling this time. “It’s 5.88745.”

“No, I think my answer is right,” Jenny said, rising from her seat slowly.

“Um, I think I have the right answer.”

“Um, no, you don’t.”

“Yes, I do.”

“Yours isn’t correct!”

“Yours isn’t! You’re such a WART!”

“A wart?!”

“Yeah, a Wrong Answer Reaching Toad!”

“That’s so dumb, James!”

“Yeah, like YOU!”

Jenny raised her eyebrows and smirked. “Is that another acronym?”

“No,” James said. “But I can make in one! You Overrated Umbrella!”

“That’s even stupider!”

“Kind of like your face!” And then James threw his hands in the air, knocking over seventeen bottles of mixtures and solutions over. They all shattered, and the liquid squirted all over Jenny’s white polo.

The whole class gasped. Jenny’s mouth was open in astonishment as she stared down at her ruined shirt.

“Oh my God,” James said. “I am so sorry!”

Thomas looked at Jenny, and then at James. “That totally ruined your chances, man,” he said.

Jenny was furious. She looked at James with a scowl, and the bell rang.

“Jenny dear,” the teacher said. “Go to the front desk. They’ll have another shirt for you.” The teacher looked at James. “James, go with her so that you can get another shoe.”

James and Jenny walked out of the room, avoiding eye contact with each other.

“I am so sorry, Jenny,” James said.

“Guess what?” Jenny said, her voice full of fury. But then she realized how mean she was being. “Just forget it, okay?” Her tone lightened. “Pretend like it didn’t happen.”

“I’ll still make it up to you, though,” he said. “Look, I know we’re partners tonight. How about I buy you a smoothie of your choice when the thing is over?”

Jenny looked at him, and for a second she thought she saw the old James, the one that she had met on the first day of school a while ago, before they had become enemies....

“Okay,” she said. On the outside, she had a smile. But on the inside, she was confused.

Had James just asked her out?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas was laughing.

About the James and Jenny situation, even a period later. His Bible teacher got on him about breaking out in a fit of laughter randomly in the middle of class.

When the bell rang for lunch, Thomas was the first out of the classroom and weaved his way through other people to get to his locker. He was stopped by Matt about halfway there.

“Did you hear?” he said.

“Yeah,” Thomas said. “Real mess they got into, right? And to think, he liked her...”

Matt shook his head. “No, not that,” he said. “Although, that was kind of funny...”

“You were saying...” Thomas said.

“Oh, right! The Greek Festival is tonight! I’m thinking of going to their restaurant...”

“I thought the Greek festival was in October...” Thomas said.

“They’re having a second one. There’s going to be souvlaki, gyro, tsitsiki sauce...”

“Where are you learning these words?”

“Madison. She loves Greek stuff.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“What’s tsitsiki sauce?”

“Cucumber sauce,” Matt explained.

Thomas gagged.

“But I really think you should go,” Matt said. “I know for a fact that Jack’s going, and...”

“I’ve got it!” Thomas suddenly blurted out. “I’ll ask Madison to go with me!”

“Um,” Matt said, looking like he didn’t know what to say. “Good luck with that.”

“Thanks!” Thomas said, and ran to his locker. He stuffed his computer case in it and ran down the hallway and through the doors.

He was so excited. Now he had an excuse to ask her out....now that he knew that she liked Greek stuff....

And it would be a DATE!

He was so excited that he tripped over one of the short brick walls and landed face-first in the grass. He was feeling dazed.

He didn’t even notice that Madison walked by and smiled at him.

James was eating.

Well, eating and writing at the same time. He was in the cafeteria, finishing up a Language Arts assignment that he had forgotten to do last night because he was on Buzz until 11 AM.

Suddenly, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around.

It was Ada.

“Hey,” she said.

“What do you want?” James said. “He personally thought that Ada was kind of annoying.

“I’m giving out valentines,” she said, and the took a blue one out of her pocket. “for other people. They give them to me and I give them to the person that they’re for.

“Do you know who this one’s from?” James asked, twirling the blue valentine in his fingers.

Ada shook her head. “No idea,” she said.

“Oh,” James said. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” she said, and then skipped off down the table aisle.

James looked at the card, and then opened it. Inside, there was a drawing of bottles of chemicals, and words in messy handwriting:

APOLOGY ACCEPTED. SEE YOU TONIGHT. JENNY

James almost choked on his pizza. Jenny had accepted his 10,000 apologies!

And he stared at the words. What did they mean?

Was there a possibility that Jenny liked him back?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ada was skipping.

Around the playground, delivering valentines. She had just finished delivering a group from Abbie, the most popular girl at school, to a couple of boys playing ultimate frisbee. They had been extremely happy.

And so was Ada. She was spreading happiness around the school. She had almost forgotten about Matt...

And then he walked up to her. “Hey, Ada!” he said, and waved.

Ada shyly waved back. “Hi,” she said.

He smiled. “Can you deliver this valentine for me?” He handed her a beautifully created card with gorgeous hand-drawn flowers on every inch. In the middle was “Happy Valentine’s Day!”

“Make sure you deliver it last,” he said. “I don’t want it to get in the way of your other deliveries.”

“Okay,” she said. “I will.”

“And don’t look at the name yet.”

“I won’t.”

He smiled. “Good. See you around,” he said. And then he took off toward the pavilion, where she could see Thomas and James.

He’s so cute, Ada thought.

Then she continued with her deliveries. She had about twenty more before she delivered Matt’s. She wanted to hurry so that she could look at who Matt’s pretty valentine was for.

Luckily, Madison had taught her to run very fast, and she was able to deliver all of the valentines except for Matt’s before the bell rang.

And as she walked back to the junior high building, she looked on the inside of Matt’s valentine to see who it was for. On the inside were a few words.

U R Beautiful.

She gasped. It was not because of those words, but because at the top of the page, clear as day, were the best words that Ada had ever seen, and she jumped for joy.

To Ada

Chapter Three

Madison was walking.

“Hey, are you going to the Greek festival tonight?” came a voice behind her.

She turned around. It was Matt.

“I don’t know,” she said. “Maybe.”

“Do you think it sounds interesting, though?” he asked.

“Yeah,” she said. “But I don’t have enough money to buy a ticket.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. The food is my favorite part.”

“By the way, thanks for teaching me those Greek food words.”

“You’re welcome. Why did you want to know them, anyway?”

“Greece unit in Social Studies.”

Madison raised her eyebrows. “That’s not until the next six weeks,” she said. She knew he was lying. “And we’re studying ancient Greece.”

Matt ran off without saying a word.

“Boys,” Madison muttered. Then she followed Matt. She knew he was up to something now.

Thank goodness this period was a free period. She could not miss a class. 

She followed him around the corner and out across the quad (a large area of bricks in between the junior high and high school buildings), until he walked up to a bush. Madison hid behind a nearby tree, watching.

And out from the bush came Thomas.

She listened to their conversation.

“She says she wants to go,” Matt said. “but she doesn’t have enough for a ticket.”

“They’re seven bucks,” Thomas said. “What girl doesn’t have seven bucks?”

“She doesn’t,” Matt said. “So you’d have to buy her ticket. It’d be a nice thing.”

“Do you honestly think that I have an extra seven dollars on me?”

“No.”

“Then how in the world would I buy her ticket?”

“I’ll loan you some...as long as you pay it back.”

“Thanks, man.”

She saw Matt slip Thomas some cash.

“Now go ask her out.”

Madison gasped and ran off from behind the tree, hoping that neither of them saw her. 

She was smiling and laughing now. The guy that she liked liked her back! She jumped up and down and then pulled out her iPhone and texted Jenny.

Thomas is gonna ask me out!!!

Jenny’s response: Really?

Yah.

How do u no

overheard him tlkng 

kool but u said u didnt like NE1

i may have lied. g2g

bye

But I have to pretend like I didn’t overhear him when he asks me, Madison thought to herself.

So instead of dancing to her locker, which she would normally do in a situation like this, she walked sophisticatedly.

But inside her head, there was  a celebration.

-------------------------------------------------------

Matt was planning.

He knew that Jess was mean, but he had still promised to take her on a date tonight. Maybe he would break up with her there. Although...it would be kind of mean to break up with someone on Valentine’s Day. 

Nah, Ada was worth it.

He smiled as he thought of Ada opening the card and seeing the message that he had written....she was rather pretty.....

Matt, get ahold of yourself! You’re planning a date with another girl! Stop liking Ada! he thought to himself.

Here was his plan so far (he had written down):

Step One: Show up at her door with flowers (lilies)

Step Two: Take her to her favorite restaurant (Mellow Mushroom)

Step Three: Take her to the fireworks display at Medlock Park.

Step Four: First Kiss (hopefully)

He was still a little nervous about step four, though, because he knew that it would make him give up completely on liking Ada. 

Was it worth it?

No, it would hurt Ada too much. He knew that she liked him now, and if he were to stop liking her (she knew that he sort of liked her via the card), she would burst into tears and ruin her happy streak.

That would be awful. Because a day without Ada is like a day without happiness.

And as soon as he thought that, he knew that Ada was who he really liked.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jenny was tying.

Her shoelaces, actually. They had come undone.

She was on her way to Media Literacy, her second to last class of the day, with Ada. She and Ada were somewhat friends, they always talked, but they weren’t best friends like Jenny and Madison.

“So James kind of asked you out?” Ada said.

“Yeah, I guess,” Jenny replied. “He offered to buy me something after church at McDonald’s.”

“But wasn’t that just to make up for spilling those chemicals on you?” Ada asked. She giggled.

Jenny giggled. “I guess,” she said.

“Wait,” Ada said, and stopped where she was. “You sounded dissapointed when I said it wasn’t a date. Hold on.”

Jenny swallowed hard. Did Ada figure out her secret.

“Oh my Gosh,” Ada said, and a smile came across her face. “You like him!”

Crud, Jenny said inside her head.

“So what if I do?” Jenny said, speeding up her pace a little. They were going to be late now.

“Nothing,” Ada said. “I just think it’s surprising.”

“Well you like someone,” Jenny said.

Ada’s smile faded. “How do you know that?” she asked.

“I observe people carefully,” Jenny said, which was true. She had followed Ada’s dreamy gaze towards Matt earlier that morning.

“Oh,” Ada said.

Jenny felt bad. She had taken the brightness out of Ada. She put a reassuring hand on Ada’s shoulder. “Don’t worry,” Jenny said. “Your secret’s safe with me.”

Ada smiled. “Thanks, Jenny. I knew I could rely on you.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Thomas was eager.

Now was his chance to ask out Madison. He spotted her in the hallway.

“Wait!” Thomas called, running down the hallway. “Madison!”

Madison turned around, almost smacking her bag into the wall. “Yes?”

“Can—um—I buy a bracelet?” Thomas said nervously, twisting his shirt collar.

“You wa

Chapter Two

Madison was selling.

She nodded.

Matt was hiding.

He opened the card. It read:

Back off Matt. He’s mine.

But so was Jess.

“You hate Jess, though.”

“Still.”

“What was that?” Madison said.

“Okay,” Madison said.

“Detention,” he said.

Jenny was mixing.

Sitting across from her.

Being her partner.

“Done!” she said happily.

“5.98745 mL,” Jenny said.

“Um, I think I have the right answer.”

“Um, no, you don’t.”

“Yes, I do.”

“Yours isn’t correct!”

“Yours isn’t! You’re such a WART!”

“A wart?!”

“Yeah, a Wrong Answer Reaching Toad!”

“That’s so dumb, James!”

“Yeah, like YOU!”

“That’s even stupider!”

“I am so sorry, Jenny,” James said.

Had James just asked her out?

Thomas was laughing.

“Did you hear?” he said.

“You were saying...” Thomas said.

“Where are you learning these words?”

“Madison. She loves Greek stuff.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“What’s tsitsiki sauce?”

“Cucumber sauce,” Matt explained.

Thomas gagged.

And it would be a DATE!

James was eating.

It was Ada.

“Hey,” she said.

“Oh,” James said. “Thanks.”

Ada was skipping.

Ada shyly waved back. “Hi,” she said.

“Okay,” she said. “I will.”

“And don’t look at the name yet.”

“I won’t.”

He’s so cute, Ada thought.

U R Beautiful.

To Ada

Chapter Three

Madison was walking.

She turned around. It was Matt.

“I don’t know,” she said. “Maybe.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. The food is my favorite part.”

“Greece unit in Social Studies.”

Matt ran off without saying a word.

And out from the bush came Thomas.

She listened to their conversation.

“No.”

“Thanks, man.”

She saw Matt slip Thomas some cash.

“Now go ask her out.”

Thomas is gonna ask me out!!!

Jenny’s response: Really?

Yah.

How do u no

overheard him tlkng 

kool but u said u didnt like NE1

i may have lied. g2g

bye

Matt was planning.

Nah, Ada was worth it.

Step Four: First Kiss (hopefully)

Was it worth it?

Jenny was tying.

Jenny giggled. “I guess,” she said.

Crud, Jenny said inside her head.

“Well you like someone,” Jenny said.

“Oh,” Ada said.

Thomas was eager.

“You wa

Chapter 1

“You’re an idiot!” Screamed Jared on the bus. “How do you get grounded right before the 3rd largest derby in the state!”? “I know, but what do u want me to do? Christina asked. My mom said that I couldn’t go.” “Go where?” Cried Alexandra. “Chris is-” Jared started. But Christina kicked him in the knee as a warning. Jared kicked her back. “Nothing!” Chris said with a odd smile. Alexandra Telco was the prettiest girl in the whole 10th grade. With golden hair and dazzling blue eyes. She was also the nosiest and most annoying. Her dad was the president of the school so ever one obeyed her. Christina Alfred, Chris for short, was the nicest and friendliest girl in the 10th grade. Her fire engine red hair gave her away. She also had an over active imagination. Jared Marz was a jock. He was captain of the Arizona High football team. With brown hair and green eyes. The bus got off at Boye Street. Chris and Jared got off the bus and walked down the cul-de-sac. “This my stop.” Jared said as he walk toward a small house covered in ivy and reddish brown brick. “Talk to you later!” Chris yelled back.

Chris walked toward her even smaller house with stone and  passed the Moxley’s house. The Moxley Family was a family of three. Mr. Merlin Moxley the stout, but tall businessman. Mrs. Jezebel Moxley was the your everyday average house wife. But their son, Mark, was the devil in disguise. He was mean to everyone he meet.  At the house there were millions of cardboard boxes. As if one cue Mr. Moxley walked into the forest of cardboard. “How y’all doing, Mr. Moxley?” Chris called across the “forest”. “Fine” He called back. “Y’all moving?” Chris asked puzzled. “Yes ma’am.” Mr. Moxley called back. “Why?” Chris asked with a little more sarcasm then she meant to. “Some funny looking short guy bought it from us.” Mr. Moxley said loading packing peanuts into a small box. “How much did it sell for?” Chris wonderingly asked. “I don’t know but it was a generous offer. I sold mighty quick too,” Mr. Moxley answered stuffing the box of packing peanuts into the pick-up truck. “All right. Tell Mrs. Moxley I said hi.” Chris said walking away, not waiting for a reply. “I will.” Mr. Moxley called after her he turned back into the house with a new armload of boxes.

* * *

Chapter 2

“Home!” Chris yelled after throwing her backpack and books on the wall next to the couch. She plopped on the couch and flicked on the TV. A strikingly beautiful woman with golden hair and a perfect sun kissed tan. A just as handsome man with black hair slightly gray was sitting next to a plump woman with red hair and rosy cheeks and lips. “Cali Brown here.” Said the plump lady with a slight southern accent. “I have the world’s best restate agents and actors, James Winslow and Madeline Smith, here to tell us about the Merlin M. Moxley’s house. Chris sat up as if the rosy woman had said her own name. “It was a difficult house to sell.” The beautiful woman said. “They had many problems like bugs and mice.” “LIES!!!!” Chris screamed at the TV. “What’s going on down here there?” parents cried from upstairs. Her mother, Leslie Alfred, had frizzy black hair and dazzling green eyes. Her father, Jefferson Alfred the same way. Their occupation, Morticians. Chris said nothing staring at the TV watching Madeline, the beautiful lady, pour lies out of her perfect mouth. While Cali, the plump southern lady, cling to every word. Chris picked out the phone and dialed: 770-334-0329.

* * *

“Yo?” the voice said on the other end. “Hi Mark. Can I talk to your dad?” Chris asked. “Nope,” Mark said and hung up.

I hate him. Chris thought.  She dialed a new number: 678-135-0192. “Hey Chris!” Jared said. “Hi. Did you see Madeline Smith going on and on about the Moxley’s!” “Ya! She’s gorgeous!” Jared cried. Chris rolled her eyes and let out a huge sigh. “You know she is. Everyone does” Jared said as if he had seen her roll her eyes. “Ya. But the Moxley’s and I have the same TV channels so they had to see that.” “I guess but Mark could’ a been watching things blow up,” Jared said matter-of-factly. “I guess,” Chris sighed. “Hey, You want to come over later?” “What ever.” Jared said. “I got practice in like 5 minutes, so I can meet you at Carla’s.” “Sure. See ya there.” Chris said and hung up. Chris was upset. Madeline had to be lying. And her best friend didn’t believe her. “I’ll be at Carla’s!” Chris called up stairs and walked out the door.

* * *

Carla’s was the best frozen yogurt in town. Chris walked in. “Sup.” Said the guy at the counter. Chris nodded and proceeded to the yogurt. Chris pulled the lever for watermelon and peanut-almond swirl. She filled it so much the man behind the counter said, “Dang girl,” and reluctantly put it on the scale. “Comes to $4.50,” the man said. Chris paid and sat at a booth near the window. In about 2 minutes Jared walked in still in his jersey and cleats, got his yogurt, paid and sat down. “Why did you bring me here?” Jared asked.  “We needed to have a meeting.” Chris replied. “What about?” Jared asked with a mouth full of chocolate ice cream. “The Moxelys, Madeline Smith, James Wilson, and Cali Brown,”

Chapter 3

“What on earth did they do?” Asked Jared. “They lied is what they did!” Chris exclaimed. “They said that the Moxley’s house was so difficult to sell because it was infected with bugs and other pest. Mr. Moxley him self told me that nothing was wrong with the house, it sold for a large sum of money, and that some short funny looking dude bought it from them.” “And ‘is is ‘ad ‘ecause..” Jared said with a mouth full of yogurt. “What?” Chris asked. “This is ad because...” Jared Repeated. “They lied on public television!” Chris exclaimed. The door swung open. “Hi welcome to Carla’s,” said the man without look up. Chris and Jared didn’t look up either. It was Alexandra Telco. “Oooooh!” Alexandra said walking toward them. “Are you guys on a date. “No!” they both shouted together. “We are at a meeting.” Chris said defensibly. “Wow Jared, I thought you were better than that.” Alexandra said and walked away.

“What as that all about?” Chris asked Jared. “What?” Jared asked. “the whole ‘your better than that’ thing,” Chris asked wondering what Jared was hiding.

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 2

color:#310065"> 

color:#310065">            I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Looking over at my antique Best of Hello Kitty: 2006 calendar, I realized that it was finally Saturday. I turned over and dragged my twelve-year-old body out of bed, and then went downstairs to eat. My mother greeted me pleasantly, saying “Why good morning Opalei. How did you sleep?” I said OK, and she asked me to get my sisters. When I returned upstairs, I went to my sister Renée’s room, but she was still fast asleep. After that, I went into my sister Sydney’s room. The door was slightly open. I pushed it the rest of the way. And then I just stood there, with the door hanging ajar. The entire room had been ransacked. Drawers were broken and scattered on the floor, entire books were torn apart, the mattress was stripped, torn, and ripped. But that was not what I noticed. It was that Sydney was nowhere to be found. And that there were giant blood stains on the mattress, floor, and carpet. I shook. Where was Sydney?! I ran back into Renée’s room. “Have you seen Sydney?” I asked her with slight hysteria.

color:#310065"> 

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 3

mso-bidi-font-family:"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065"> 

color:#310065">            I woke up, hearing my little sister, Opalei, standing over me. “What?” I asked her grumpily. “Renée, have you seen Sydney?” “No, now leave,” I thought about Onyx, a cute guy from school who my all knowing BGF (Best Guy Friend), Lukaz, said was going to ask me to the dance next Saturday. I was supposed to go with Sydney, Opalei, Lina, and her cousin Wendii to shop for dresses for Sydney, Lina, Wendii, and me in 3 hours. “What are you talking about?” I sat up and peeked at her through one eye, which usually can make her laugh, but at the moment, her face was a cold and serious as granite. I sat up and looked at Opalei. “What’s wrong?” I said, starting to worry. Without saying a word, She walked out of the room and down the hall to Sydney’s room. I followed her and saw the room. It was completely obliterated and things were strewn everywhere. I turned and was about to run downstairs and tell Mom, when Opalei grabbed me. “No, don’t,” she said. “Why not?” I asked. “Because the kidnapper wants this to be about us,” “What?” I said. She pointed with her left index finger to Sydney’s bureau. There, written is King- sized sharpie, was the word Sorrow. Below it were six names: Sydney, Opalei, Renée, Rose, Onyx, and Wendii.

Chapter 1- Airport

5 more minutes on the clock until schools out. Not only was it the end of the day it was almost winter break and Aubrey just couldn’t wait. She was going on her first plane flight to visit her Dad who lived in New York. She lived with her mom and had two older sisters and one older brother. They all lived in Nashville, Tennessee.  All of her siblings were coming too. So right as the final bell rang she raced to her locker, got all of her things, and sprinted to the car. Where she found her mom with 4 Burger King meals for everyone as they went to the airport.

It felt like hours on the way to the airport, Aubrey thought. Her oldest sister, Collins, was talking to her friend on her telephone. Her brother Jake was watching some football recording on his phone. Her other sister Peyton was listening to music. Aubrey was just sitting there thinking about the Big Apple. She had never been there before but all her classmates have. So she thought about what she was gong to do. They were going to see a Broadway play, visit the Statue of Liberty, and go walking around.

Finally they got to the airport and saw that they were 30 minutes behind schedule. So they ran to the check in booth and got checked-in. They went through security. All of her siblings had done this before but she had never. So instead of running she slowly walked and looked at every gate and saw where they were all going. So her mom had to hurry her along.

Once they arrived at the gate they were just getting ready to board so her mom said, “ Good Bye, I love you guys. Hope you have a good flight see you in 2 weeks.”

Aubrey almost started to cry he was so nervous. But she gave her hug good bye and went on the flight.

As they walked on the airplane Aubrey was looking at the seats and the people in them. So finally they found their seats, 34 A, B, C, D. So they decided that Aubrey would sit with Collins and Peyton and Jake would sit together. So they took off. Aubrey couldn’t hold it in any longer she burst into tears. She was really scared. So Collins said, “Would something to drink help.”

When Aubrey herd that she was a little confused, Collins and her never got along. But her and her sister Peyton did. But she didn’t really care so she just said, “ Yes please”

So they found the Flight Attendant asked for 2 cups of sprite. She was shocked at how refreshing that was. About 30 minutes after that they came around with drinks and snacks. Collins and Aubrey ordered pretzels and another sprite.

It was about 5:00 p.m. when they heard the captain say “ We will be landing in Newark in 10 minutes so pack up your things and Merry Christmas.

Aubrey almost forgot it was CHRISTMAS. For the first time since school she remembered. She was so excited.

Finally 45 minutes later they we waiting for they dad in Newark.

Chapter 2: Where is He

They all got off the plane and ran to get their bags. They had to wait along time so they got a little snack. Then their dad said he would meet them at the door 3. So they slowly walked over to the door and sat on their bags. They waited and they waited but no one was there. It was 6:45 pm and still no dad. Collins finally said, “ We should just call him maybe he thought we were coming later.”

So Jake got out his phone and dialed the number. No answer it went straight to voicemail. Jake left a short message and said, “ Hey Dad, Its Jake we’re at the airport waiting at the door just wanted to see when you were gonna get here. Bye.”

It was 7:30 and still no one was there. Then Collins said, “ I’m tired and I want to go to his apartment! I he isn’t here in the next 10 minutes I’m renting a car and driving to his house.”

“Collins, you can’t drive and you don’t know where his house is so that is not going to work,” exclaimed Aubrey.

“There he is,” screamed Peyton, “There he is!”

Chapter 3: Dad

Finally their dad was here. We ran as fast as we could to see him. He apologized and then got in the car. We had the Christmas music playing very low and we talked over it. So we talked about school and friends and most important what we were going to do. He told us we were going to see the rockets, the Statue of Liberty, go to Carlos bakery, and most important walk around. So we got to his apartment (in New York City) and had some hot chocolate. We watched the movie Elf. WE were all so tired we decided to go to bed.

The next morning he woke us up early to get some breakfast. They went to a bakery on Broadway Street. They all got a little muffin with an egg. So she got what she would of always gotten, a chocolate muffin. So they found a table and started to eat.

Aubrey started with her egg. She got the pepper and put some on it. Then once she was done she bit into the muffin. About two minutes later she could barely breath. She had eaten some sort of peanuts.

They didn’t know what to do so they called 911 and could barely get their words out. They had no idea what was going on. Neither did Aubrey. About 2 minutes later a big ambulance comes with their sirens on. They came and got her a put her in the car and drove to the hospital.

Of course right behind them was her dad, Collins, Jake, and Peyton. Once they arrived at the hospital t

He doctor said you have to wait in the waiting room. So they found a seat. Their dad suggested they read a book or play on there phones but all they could think about was if she would live. In the corner of their dads eye he could see the doctor giving her a million shots and Aubrey crying. But he could hear anything.

Chapter 4: Will she make it           

Chapter 2

When I woke up I had this terrible headache and I was lying on a bed. I slowly sat up and opened my eyes to see that there was a boy standing there glaring at me like if he kept it up I might actually disappear. He looked to be around my age and much grumpier. He had short brown hair, a loose robe looking outfit, and was about 5ft 5in.I tried to ask him where I was and who he was but the words wouldn’t come out of my mouth right so I just gave up. That was when a middle aged women walked into the room. She took one look at the boy and said,” Sean stop glaring at our guest and make yourself useful.” You should have seen his face. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone turn that shade of red. He immediately began to stir a large pot that stood in the corner over a small hearth fire. My head was starting to clear enough to see the room better. The walls were made out of a sort of purplish colored brick and the roof had gray slate. There was a small wooden table with four cushioned chairs sitting around it. I was lying on a straw mattress that had been pushed up against the wall. It was one of four. I had taken someone’s bed. It was most likely that boy’s bed. What had the women called him? Oh yeah Sean. No wonder he had been angry. He walked over and handed me a bowl of something that smelled wonderful. The women came over and helped me drink. She said,” My name is Sara and this is my son Sean.” I managed to mumble out a thank you as she helped me get a sip of the soup. It was warm and salty. A few moments later I mumbled,” My name is Laura. Where am I?” Sean replied,” You are in my bed, in our hut, eating our food.” Sara turned around and pulled him out of the hut. I could hear muffled yells. She came back a little while later and I said “Thank you for helping me, but what happened that other night with the spider?” I would tell you the rest of our conversation but that would take to long. I will just recount what she told me.

Chapter 3

You are in the land of Martopia. We rescued you after you escaped the giant spider. You were transported here through a portal that opened up in your bedroom. Earth and Martopia are two separate worlds. The people you saw in the coliseum are called the Spidtites. They are a sort of spider men. They use regular spiders for entertainment. My family and I are regular people like you who were transported through a portal that opened at an unexpected time and place. I hope that you will learn to enjoy it here because you will never be able to go back. I was shocked when I heard that but I accepted it. After she had finished her story she left and I fell into a deep sleep filled with men with 8 legs and spiders with 2 legs.

Chapter 4

When I woke up 8 people surrounded me. Sara and Sean were there too. I stared up at them blearily for a few minutes. Then they grabbed me. They put me in a sack and carried me out of the room. No matter how much I kicked and screamed it did no good. After around an hour or so they dumped me on the floor. I pulled the sack off of my head and found that there was only one person left around me. He was tall and wore fine robes of satin. He was bald and glowed an unnatural green color. He reeked of sulfur and smoke. He told me that he was going to return me to my home if I promised that I would never tell anyone else about this place. I agreed. I wouldn’t have if I had known what he would do to me when he sent me home. He told me right before I blacked out that he had to make sure that I never told anyone.

Chapter 5

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;color:red;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:

EN-US">I woke up in the hospital. There were doctors all around me trying to get a better look at me to see if I was ok. I tried to say that I was ok but no sound came out of my mouth

Chapter 2 The Mistake

100 years ago the Things attacked our first ring of defense. The Rings are circles around Earth. Our first ring has 50 nukes on each planet that makes up the first ring. When the Things attacked we were not prepared. They attacked in huge numbers and our soldiers panicked. Those soldiers decided to lunch every nuke we had in the first ring. The soldiers then controlled the nukes to fly into the biggest ships they could see. The Things had brought 100 huge ships but 3 of them were 5 times bigger than the others.  In the middle ship, the King of the Things commanded all of the other ships. His ships had more lasers, more tanks, and other explosive weapons. The soldiers decided to attack the three big ships. The smaller ships suddenly shot down every single nuke in a second. All the nukes set of a humongous explosion that destroyed the entire first ring. The nukes did nothing to the Thing’s ships. If those nukes hadn’t been set off our first line of defense would have been able to kill some of the Things and we would have been ready for their future attacks. We now know that the Things can’t survive in cold weather. Our plan is to send 10 of our best Soldiers back and time 105 years ago. They will persuade the men there to make ice bombs instead of having nukes. That way they when the lunch the bombs the first ring will not be destroyed and most of the things will be. This plan is our last chance to save mankind.

Chapter 2

After the game Steven was exhausted and took a nap he had scored the game-winning goal after that other team scored 3 unanswered points his teammates battled back and won the game 4-3 Steven had 3 goals and 1 assist. After 4 hours Steven woke up, went down stairs for dinner and his dad asked him how his game went, he explained the things that he did while his younger brother Paul was eating cheerios with his fingers, his dad started talking about Steven’s birthday which would be the Sunday of next week.

The next Saturday Steven found himself on the lacrosse field again playing the best team in the league, The Ewford Wildcats. Steven played as hard as he could, he got the ground balls on defense, he made the right passes on offense, and he even scored a goal. The game was tied 5-5, with 30 seconds left in the fourth and Steven got the ball, he went hard to the crease, he jumped, he shot, and he got hit by the biggest defender in the league at the same time, he landed awkwardly on his leg and heard a crack.

The goalie grabbed the ball, threw it to the next closest middie who ran as fast as he could with the last 20 seconds he had he passed it to there best attack man. 15 seconds. The middie on the opposite side cut to the middle and called for the ball. 10 seconds left. The attack then through the ball to the middie in the middle that reared back to shoot. 4 seconds. The goalie got ready for the ball. 3 seconds. The defense ran to the middle and the stick came forward. 2 seconds. The ball slips past the goalie for the game-winning goal. 1 second. The crowd is mixed with sighs and cheers. 0 seconds. Game over. Steven is still on the ground.

Chapter 1

“I can’t do this,” I said in a low whisper. I could hear the audience calling my name my heart was racing and I could barely breathe. I could tell my friends felt the same way. Arianna was freaking out and she could not speak and Devyn was hyperventilating. We prayed that God would ease our anxiety so scared out of our minds we walked onto the stage the bright lights shining. This is where it all started in middle school.

Arianna, Devyn, and I practically ran the whole the 8th grade. We were walking down the halls earphones in ears when suddenly Arianna started screaming. Devyn and I turned to see what was wrong “What’s wrong Arianna?” Devyn asked. Devyn had bright brown eyes and long wavy black hair. “My song just came on.” Arianna said. “What song?” Devyn and me said simultaneously. “Upgrade You by Beyonce” she replied. “You would be listening to Beyonce you look just like her.” I said. It was true Arianna had big brown eyes and long light brown hair she was really pretty. But me I had red Beyonce hair like she had in the irreplaceable video I also had pretty brown eyes and long eyelashes to compliment them. Ring-a-ling-a-ling went the bell that means first period was starting “Uggggh science” we all groaned and we walked down the hall to class.

“Heat up the popcorn Jazmyne, the show is about to start!” shouted Arianna from upstairs. “I’m comin’ ok give me a second!” I shouted back. Beep!Beep!Beep! went the microwave. I quickly took the popcorn and put it in the bowl and ran up the stairs. “What took you so long,” said Arianna greedily reaching her hand in the popcorn bowl. “I was waiting for the microwave beep that’s what,” “You missed the first three minutes of the show,” “I don’t care turn on Victorious,”. “Go heartbeat” said my favorite character Andre from victorious we laughed and laughed and laughed.

* * *

“Whoooooooooooo =http://!”   We heard the screams of children on roller coasters at the amusement park. “I’m so excited!” Arianna shouted. “Me to,” I replied. We were finally going to ride the Dare Devil Dive Coaster. The line was long and the people were a bit nervous. Except for Arianna and I we loved roller coasters. The line was going as slow as a snail on a sidewalk. Until about a half an hour later we got there. We strapped ourselves in and the and we started moving. Around the curve of the tracks and up the slope we were going straight up Arianna was hanging on for dear life. We heard the creak of the roller coaster as it was about to go down and then all of a sudden we dropped. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh .” We screamed our heads off. 

Chapter 1

I walked by a very old Antique house and saw a red flicker then nothing. I was scared so I ran as fast as I could back to my apartment building on 54th street. When I got home the phone rang and so I picked up the phone and there was a recording that said, “ Come to your front door and you will receive a message.” It was very peculiar that on a Friday night this strange message would appear because two days ago my sister went missing two days ago.

My name is Talia Animat. I am 15 years old. I live in Manhattan, New York in an apartment complex on 54th street. I live with my mom and I used to live with my sister until she went missing two days ago. I was in 7th period at around 2:15 I got a call from the police that told me that Mia Animat went missing at around 2:13 pm. I called my mom and my mom said, “ I know sweetie.” After the phone call I had disturbing nightmares about Mia being killed. “Talia what is 7ax-2b9?” umm, ummm. “ I see miss Talia, pay more attention,” said Mr. Crawfid. When the bell rang I was happy to go home. I got a call from my friend Kailyn and asked if I could go to the mall with her. So I called my mom and she said it was ok. I went to the mall and we looked in stores then got something to eat at the food court. It was really crowded and stuffy. Kailyn and I tried to get out of the food court as fast as we could. When we walked out of the mall we saw Chanel eating ice cream so we stopped and talked for about 15 minutes and left the mall.

I was walking home after Kailyn dropped me off where the nearest streetlight was and walked home. The side of the sidewalk I was on was crowded with bushes. I saw a strange flashing light coming from the bush so I tried to run but it seemed it was following me. I decided to go ahead and take a look at the light blue envelope with no address. Inside the envelope said you know who took me. I ran straight home and locked the doors. My mom was eating a green unripe banana and watching X factor. I got home and showed her the note. When my mom read it she said it sounded familiar so she told me not to mind it. When I went upstairs to my room I sat on my bed and thought. I was thinking about were my sister could be because of these strange notes and signs. My mom called for dinner downstairs. We had collard greens, fried chicken, and mashed potatoes with a very sour lemonade. When we were finished I cleared the table and ran back up the stairs. I got upstairs and 106 and park was on so I sat down and watched it. It lasted about and hour and so when I was done I started on my homework. In the middle of my 14th math problem I got a call from an unrecognized number. I didn’t pick up at first but they called again so when I picked up I asked who it was. It sounded like a man although I could’ve been wrong. I asked again and they said it was the grocery store manager, Byron. Our family was very close to Byron because he helped us put up missing posters when my dad went missing. Byron had driven me to school before so he knew my mom’s license plate. He said it had driven by earlier.

Once there was a boy, and he loved football. He loved to play football, he loved to watch football, and he loved to talk about football. He even had his own team on fantasy football. His name was Tim. Tim was a pretty cool guy. He had many friends. Did very well in school. And was a great athlete.

There was only one problem though… he was small. He was also very skinny. At school, people would make fun of him, tease him and push him around. Sometimes, even his friends would judge him. Then Tim would look like he was laughing with them, but it really hurt him inside.

Every day, he would tell his dad he wanted to be bigger, stronger, faster and his dad always told him one way to do that. He would have to work at it all the time. Since his dad was as skinny as a stick in his childhood years, he knew how much he had to work. He would also have to eat, eat, eat, eat… and eat some more. And he would do just that.

Chapter 1-How this weird story with twists, turns and craziness started

A group of scientists gathered together at a top secret lab at an island only known to top notch FBI agents to see if they could create the ultimate military contraption-a radioactive satellite that sent out a shockwave that would change the minds of terrorists to peace instead of war. After years of planning, it was finally ready to be activated. The scientist who pushed that button to send out the shockwave had no idea that the button he just carelessly pushed almost created Armageddon.

Chapter 2-The complete failure of knowledgeable scientists

One of the scientists had a virus and with the futuristic scientific material they were using, it was possible for the machine to get a virus. That virus changed the programming in the contraption to not change terrorists minds to peace, but changes every persons mind on Earth to war. The scientist who pushed that button had no idea what he just did. The group who invented it felt cocky and quite full of themselves because they thought they had just caused world peace-but quite the opposite. That moment a huge and unbelievable thing happened-all of the sudden everybody had the weird and unexplainable feeling of war in their minds- even the most peaceful people felt war-hungry. Of course there was the one outsider left who was the only one who could save the world. And that person was a 2-year-old kid who can’t talk.

Chapter 3-War Hungry and Rabid maniacs invading Earth

So every person was hungry for war, and that meant everybody was in action-getting weapons, and no one trusted anybody but himself or herself, even though they should have betrayed their tampered conscience. The 2-year-old kid had no mind of his own, or at least he couldn’t think for himself. But someone else could.

Chapter 4-Earth saved by a toddler

The person who actually helped the baby kidnapped him and took him on a jet to the ocean, planning to drown him, but when he dropped him, something strange happened-he was falling out of the skies at an unbelievable speed and he landed on the soft sand, not breaking a bone or getting a scratch-and he toddled over to the button and somehow disabled the satellite and saved the world. That is how a baby saved the world.

Chapter 5-The Scientist’s Mistake-yet again

The scientist was a little dull minded, even being high in quality in the knowledge of the sciences and he never thought to destroy the dangerous weapon. That meant of course, someone had to come along and not knowing this symbolic artifact of war and danger and push the button again.

Chapter 6-The Impossible way of Saving the World but being forced to do it anyway

This time there was a group of people, 6 in all were not possessed by the impulse of war-and there was also a different way of stopping it. There was a riddle found in an ancient Egyptian pharaoh’s tomb deciphered from it hieroglyphics that no one could understand and it finally made sense. It went a little like this-Contraption of Secrets, the danger and mystery within-the wrath of the mechanism can cause chaos to win, but a group of people, 6 in all, can save the world from Satan’s call.(that is what they called the event in that time)What they must do is exactly this-go down into the deep abyss and find the key to tranquility.

Chapter 7-The Complete Failure at trying to get the key with no trouble

So the group thought, “What the heck…” How can this little dumb prophecy from this ancient old guys’ tomb possibly relate to us? At first of course they thought the mission was idiotic. Who wouldn’t-that riddle sounds like it means as much as cow plops. But one of the 6 convinced them to try-it was the only thing that fit and the only way they knew to stop the machine. So they went to all the creepy deep abysses they knew until they ran out of places to go. Then they decided to take a break-they didn’t know they took the break in the exact abyss where the key of tranquility is-and its protector.

Chapter 8-The group meets the Terrifying and Mommy Loving Snake

They were chilling out in the deep abyss-(they did not know it was a deep abyss-they thought it was a wide and deep crevice in the ground but they were wrong.)

and they hear a strange rumbling noise in a small cave near the end of the abyss.

They start to draw back, but it is too late-the serpent had awakened.

Chapter 9-The Key of Tranquility

They stared in fear at the monstrous creature in front of them .It hissed a series of weird what seemed like incantations and bared its fangs which dripped with venom. They all ran in different directions. This snake was scary but tragically dull-minded and got confused and overwhelmed, slithering home to his mommy. Every one in the group was taken aback-they expected a huge fight and a complete defeat on the snakes’ side, but they just went with it. The group went into the cave in which the serpent had emerged and then took a look around for anything peculiar to the eye. One of them came out of a smaller cave in the cave and told the others to come and take a look. They went into the cave and saw what he wanted them to see. On a stone pedestal worn with age and illegible hieroglyphics was a gold key with a glowing blue aura.Of course this had to be the key of tranquility, they thought-but no, it was the decoy that if it was touched would set off 300 different booby traps at one time.

Chapter 10-A Million Ways of Dying in 60 Seconds

The group picked up the key and a huge ball of iron comes rolling in, arrows start flying and fire gets spit out of the wall in all different directions.Of course they thought they world would go to peace but lucky them- a million ways of dying in 60 seconds.

My heart was beating so fast that I thought at any second it would break a hole in my chest. I was looking around for a way out and I found a knife and remember that these guys are killers that were torturing me. I found a knife by my left foot and did I mention that I’m a black belt at karate. I found the knife and got it on the top of my shoe and I was able to through it up using my foot and catch it. When I got it in my hand those guys that I herd taking came in so I hid the knife. I was secretly cutting the rope that was holding my right hand in place though. The first guy was very small and looked like a rat and the next guy was tall and looked like a kangaroo. The 2 guys came in quiet. I was so nervous I Just now realize that I don’t remember how I got here in the first place so I end up asking the rat face guy and all he does is laugh in my face. Then the kangaroo guy told me that they were going to kill me. They both had a big smile on their faces as if they have done this before and they like killing people. The kangaroo guy got a syringe and filled it with this liquid and said that this stuff is acid and that he has seen people scream for more than 2 hours before they finally died. Now I was really scared but then finally my right hand broke free. Then when got close enough I punched him in the face really hard and he dropped to the floor. Then I got him into this special hold to where I was holding his neck and if he were to move I could do some serious damage to his neck. Then I told him to untie me. He then scrambled to his feet and as fast as he could he untied me.

Chapter 1

Hello. How are you? Well, I’m fine. Anyway this story is about a girl names Jadis Alexa Cross, a black haired, African American girl with a headstrong attitude.

At this moment she was carrying a rather bulky backpack and, from a crack in the thick trees of the forest, a woman was watching her.

Her hair fell down to her back in long, luxurious black tresses like a waterfall. Her olive skin gleamed with a newly moisturized shine and the pupils of her strangely shaded green eyes sparkled like dew on grass. Why would a beautiful woman be standing in the bushes you ask? A woman in a long in the back and short in the front dress and black high  heels? A woman with a newly moisturized shine on her skin? Well it was a very weird reason and that reason was to watch the bulky-backpacked, black haired girl that walked past. Strange isn’t it? But, sadly we’re not there yet.

Jadis continued to walk though, not seeing the thin figure between the oaks, with a black cloud above her head. Her mother was a counselor and her favorite thing to talk about was Jadis.

Jadis had tried out for choir, drama, volleyball, dancing, and softball. She had got into swimming, but she couldn’t get her hair wet. All that was left was soccer, her favorite sport, but why bother? She hadn’t gotten into the other ones.

And school was, sadly, terrible as well. All of the girls she had known and loved came back prissy and snobby, with expensive clothes and even more expensive shoes. All their parents had been working together at a mining company and had discovered an oilrig and had become rich.

The boys had lost interest as well, the girls were now to pretty to get picked on for blemishes and other things and the coolest boy in school and his sister, the prettiest, had moved to Rome. School was now a black hole at the bottom of an abyss that spit out disappointments every second of everyday. Depressing isn’t it?

She sighed and walked down the quiet lonely road, crunching her feet on the fall leaves and humming quietly to herself. She passed the oak tree with the man behind it and felt a sudden rush of cold. Just a breeze she thought and walked on.

She walked into her house and saw her mother at the table drinking green tea and humming Mozart to herself. Her father was across from her, drinking Columbian coffee and reading the newspaper. She walked past them without drawing any attention, something she was awesome at, and walked into her room.

She patted the head of her knee-high ceramic kitten with ruby eyes and said, “Hi, Bartumus.” She had had that cat for years, ever since birth, and loved it like a brother.

She sat on her bed and suddenly her mother came upstairs, carrying her hot mug of tea and a strong smell of orchid perfume filled her room.

Her mother’s hair was short, curly, and choppy. Her skin was poplar-colored and always wore an over-powering orchid perfume, but no one told her how strong it really was.

She peeked in smiled and walked away, leaving Jadis coughing. So shook her head and laid down on her bed, bored as anyone could ever be.

Right now she actually wanted to go to school, something she hadn’t felt since school began three weeks ago. She pulled out her pocket watch and examined it with a genuine interest, something she always did when she was bored.

But that bored her today as well so she went over to her easel picked out dark sepia colors (different shades of browns, blacks, tans, and beige.)

It ticked and tocked and the gold sparkled a bit even though the sun was far behind the clouds and the world was sprinkled in a gray gloom that was depression inspiring.

And that was what Jadis was. Depressed. The world might as well have been in black and white. A deep darkness had spread everywhere and had drenched her town in gloom. Usually at this time the Earth was a cinnamon scented, bright day filled oranges, yellows, and reds from the fresh fall leaves and a crisp breeze drifted through every once in a while. What was so wrong with today?

Jadis just shrugged and spent almost two hours painting a scene that would’ve disturbed most and, disturbs me.

I am quite disturbed to tell you my dear reader that the painting was of an empty quad with a grand place in the background. Leaves were gently flowing across the quad and a dark moon sat over it. Two stone lions sat on pedestals at the entrance to the grand place on the steps. Dying ferns sat on either side of them and an eerie glow was slept over it.

Jadis thought it was beautiful and had no idea that the lions were real in the real place and that the moon always shined in this place and that the place was real period. Poor, poor, Jadis.

“Jadis we ordered pizza!” the high, clear voice of her mother echoed through their high-ceilinged house and Jadis was snapped out of her trance.

She bounced down the stairs and ran over to a pizza box. The aroma of jalapeños, banana peppers, roasted green peppers, She grabbed a piece and went to sit on the couch. Her mom walked over and sat next to her, much to Jadis’s dismay.

“What have you been painting?” she asked as she bit into her slice of pizza. “I saw you up there in your easel. It was a…um…beautiful landscape.” She fake smiled.

Jadis sighed, everyone thought that her paintings were creepy. She didn’t even know why she painted them she just would stand in front of her easel and then a full-fledged place or person would pop into her mind that happened to be creepy. “It’s just something that popped into my mind.” She said with a little attitude.

“Sweetheart,” said her mom. “I was cleaning your room and I saw some of your paintings. They’re a bit disturbing…especially the one with the raven. Don’t get me wrong, they’re beautiful and have intricate detail but, they are a bit depressing and frightening don’t you think?”

Jadis didn’t think so. She thought they were cool, especially the raven. It was a picture of a raven sitting on a branch in a orset full of trees with no leaves. It was a close-up picture and the raven’s eyes seemed to glow with mischief and a knowingness that gnawed at Jadis’s insides.

She finished her pizza and got up. She saw it was already nine o’clock and went to close her window. She absentmindedly looked out of it onto a tree across the street. And as the sun set behind the hills, she saw a stark black raven fly onto the branch across from her.

It turned its head toward her and she froze. She cocked her head and so did it. She turned it the other way and it followed like a feathered robot. She kept her eyes on it as she slowly pulled down her 0into her bed and turned her easel away from her.

She went to bed that night with coldness in her soul and a unsettling feeling in her stomach.

Chapter 2

Jadis trudged through the hallways with a air of boredom and a feeling of “I don’t want to be here.” And, by the look on the other kids’ faces, they felt the same. School was just boring like that now that the blondes had invaded and the popular had moved away.

As she walked into her history class, she felt another rush of cold. Wow she said.

She passed Mrs. Merrill’s desk and her elderly teacher stood up “Hello, class. Today we will be learning about Greek mythology. Who knows who Echidna is?”

Jadis’s hand shot up. “She is the mother of all monsters. Goddess of plague, rot, and sea slims. She gave birth to Hydra, Chimera, Cerberus, and other monsters.”

“Very good,” said Mrs. Merrill. “Anyone else?” She looked around the classroom knowing no one else knew the answer. “No? Oh well then. Um Jadis can I talk to you after class?”

Jadis sighed. She reluctantly got up as her classmates swarmed out the door like bored cockroaches, dragging their book bags filled with expensive books across the ground. Hasn’t anyone heard the recession?

“Yes, Mrs. Merrill?” asked Jadis, nervously twiddling with her watch.

“Oh,” reassured Mrs. Merrill. “You aren’t in trouble. I just wanted to know how you knew about that goddess. Not a lot of people know about Greek gods and goddesses, well nota lot of kids anyone. And if they do, probably not about a rarely mentioned goddess such as Echidna.

“Well,” said Jadis, relieved. “My mom and dad used to tell me about those stories before I went to bed when I was little. They told me about all the gods and goddesses and everything else. They also gave me book. I still have it and look through it sometimes.

“Oh,” she said. “That’s very interesting. Who are your parents again? Mr. and Mrs. Cross? Well, you can leave now Do you mind bringing that book tomorrow?”

Jadis froze. “Uh sure.” She said. She had never thought that school would be so interesting.

She joined her best friend Preston and they walked down the sidewalk together.

“Hey,” he said. He pulled on his coat. Her friend had light tan skin, short black hair in a small Mohawk, and braces, like her.

“Hey,” she said. “My mom wanted to know if your mom knew wheer my dad’s lawnmower was.”

“She probably has no idea,” he said. “Anyway as I was saying, we have a new neighbor.”

“What?” asked Jadis as they walked into the forest, a shortcut only they knew about.

“Yeah,” he said. “My mom told me about her. She said her name is Mrs. Relis. She’s like, really old or something. She moved in this morning just kind of out of the blue. My mom didn’t even know we had a house for sale, especially in our area of the subdivision.”

“I didn’t either,” said Jadis. “You said she’s beside me?” He nodded. A confused/scared look appeared on her face. “We liv e in the back of cul-de-sac. And you and Mrs. Jenkins are right beside me. That’s impossible no one can move out in a day. And she would’ve told my mom. This whole Mrs. Relis thing is starting to freak me out.”

Preston nodded again and they continued down the road to her house.

When they walked into her house her mother was there again, stationed at the table with a cup stationed in her hand. “Hello, Preston!” She exclaimed as she got up. “It’s always a pleasure to see you here.”

Jadis snickered. Preston always got in trouble at school. Always. He was the kind of person that your mother told you to stay away from, but you don’t listen and talk to him and end up in the priciipal’s with your mom saying she told you so and wagging her finger and telling you the minute you get home your X-box is gone.

But Preston just said, “Thank you,” and they went over to the couch.

“Mom?” said Jadis. “Do you know about our new neighbor Mrs. Relis?”

“Why, yes,” answered her mom as she took a sip of tea. “Moved in this morning and Mrs. Jenkins moved out. I talked to her actually. She has a dog named Harry. Adorable thing, he is. So cute and bite-size. I believe he’s an Tibetan terrier.”

“Excuse me, ma’am,” said Preston. “Don’t you think it’s a bit strange, maybe even impossible, for Mrs. Jenkins to have moved out so quickly. I mean, she lived here yesterday.”

“It was a family emergency back in Mexico,” said Mrs. Cross. “She had to leave in a hurry. She just had to leave. She had to hurry, but moving out in one day can be done.” She smiled and went upstairs.

“I still don’t think this is right,”

We went to the little creek often in the summer. We would wear clothes that you could swim in, and our moms asked why we wore them but we said it was because we wanted to keep cool. What we really did was swim in the creek then play in the meadow until we dried off. Our moms would always wonder why we were gone so long, we said we lost track of time.

After a week or two of that, our mom’s finally gave us alarm clock that rang after one hour. We decided that we would have to see how long it took to dry off. It took at least fifteen minutes depending on how wet we were. If we were soaking wet it might take thirty minutes. So only on the really hot days we got soaking wet. The other days we only splashed around.

My friend asked her dad for the scrap wood he had when he was finished with his projects {such as the front porch bench}. She told him that she was building something for us to share. When we had enough wood she got a hammer and some nails. We took them out to the creek and we made a bridge. It wasn’t the best but it could hold both of us long enough to cross it.

Every fall we would always get flowers for our centerpiece. Our moms wondered where we got them and we said we got them from. We said, “The woods.” Like it was so obvious. After our mom’s would say, “All right.” As if they really believed us. We were constantly going back to the meadow {which is where the flowers really came from} and our moms would wonder why we were always in the woods.

Chapter 2

The Greenhouse Adventure

We always were going places, Jewel and I. We loved to take adventures to places that we had never been to before. I was usually the one who suggested ideas for the first year or so, but we always had more fun with the ideas she suggested. So, I gave up that job and let her do it.