Article posted March 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 70

Dolores Claiborne 

By: Stephen King

Post by: Nicole Kinnunen

I read the book Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King, and I think a good theme for it would be oppression. I think that would be a good theme because Dolores was oppressed throughout the entire book. She had a lot of challenges and hardships throughout the book, and she handled each one uniquely. Stephen King defiantly explained her troubles with inexplicable detail. Oppression was defiantly a main theme.

Athletic Role Models

By: NK7

Should we expect professional athletes to be role models? Or, should we judge them only by their athletic ability? I’m not sure about either. Some athletes are good role models, while others are bad. We should remember that when picking those we look up to, because we want to make good decisions. Also, we want to act on the good impressions of someone.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:45 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 54

Linn Yang

By: NK7

These are the ways that Linn Yang, the girl who spelled freedom, changed as a character. Linn started as a girl who trusted only her family. She was very closed off from the world. For example, she stole food from the guards at the refugee camp, along with her mother. She lost the ring she had because of it. Linn never saw any of the modern things we have today. She ha only seen the food truck, and that was when it came to feed everyone. When Linn came to the Thrashes, she didn’t expect them to be kind to her or her family. But as the story progressed, you could slowly see that she was warming up to them. In the end, it shows that she has a lot of friends and is a more confident girl. And that is how she spelled freedom for everyone who went through hard times.

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 2

color:#310065"> 

color:#310065">            I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Looking over at my antique Best of Hello Kitty: 2006 calendar, I realized that it was finally Saturday. I turned over and dragged my twelve-year-old body out of bed, and then went downstairs to eat. My mother greeted me pleasantly, saying “Why good morning Opalei. How did you sleep?” I said OK, and she asked me to get my sisters. When I returned upstairs, I went to my sister Renée’s room, but she was still fast asleep. After that, I went into my sister Sydney’s room. The door was slightly open. I pushed it the rest of the way. And then I just stood there, with the door hanging ajar. The entire room had been ransacked. Drawers were broken and scattered on the floor, entire books were torn apart, the mattress was stripped, torn, and ripped. But that was not what I noticed. It was that Sydney was nowhere to be found. And that there were giant blood stains on the mattress, floor, and carpet. I shook. Where was Sydney?! I ran back into Renée’s room. “Have you seen Sydney?” I asked her with slight hysteria.

color:#310065"> 

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 3

mso-bidi-font-family:"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065"> 

color:#310065">            I woke up, hearing my little sister, Opalei, standing over me. “What?” I asked her grumpily. “Renée, have you seen Sydney?” “No, now leave,” I thought about Onyx, a cute guy from school who my all knowing BGF (Best Guy Friend), Lukaz, said was going to ask me to the dance next Saturday. I was supposed to go with Sydney, Opalei, Lina, and her cousin Wendii to shop for dresses for Sydney, Lina, Wendii, and me in 3 hours. “What are you talking about?” I sat up and peeked at her through one eye, which usually can make her laugh, but at the moment, her face was a cold and serious as granite. I sat up and looked at Opalei. “What’s wrong?” I said, starting to worry. Without saying a word, She walked out of the room and down the hall to Sydney’s room. I followed her and saw the room. It was completely obliterated and things were strewn everywhere. I turned and was about to run downstairs and tell Mom, when Opalei grabbed me. “No, don’t,” she said. “Why not?” I asked. “Because the kidnapper wants this to be about us,” “What?” I said. She pointed with her left index finger to Sydney’s bureau. There, written is King- sized sharpie, was the word Sorrow. Below it were six names: Sydney, Opalei, Renée, Rose, Onyx, and Wendii.

How would I design the library of the
color:red">FUTURE

I would make everything searchable. There would be only computers. They would be listed depending on these different variables:

1.     Age/Grade

2.     Topic

3.     Title

4.     Author

5.     Series

6.     Genre

The books would be kindles, and they would be 5 copies each. :)

color:#77001A">
Sorrow
color:#77001A">

mso-bidi-font-family:"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#77001A">by: NK

mso-bidi-font-family:"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#77001A"> 

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 1

color:#77001A">           

color:#310065">Think,

color:#310065">I told myself. This was not the first time I had been in this situation. The first time that I had snuck out to see Jared was six months ago, when they had first started dating. My parents had yet to find out, but I was starting to worry. “Sydney,” my mother said in her unnaturally high voice, “Where have you been?” “At Lina’s,” I said with as much nonchalance as I could muster. Lina has been my best friend since we were kids. I peeked up at the stairs, hearing my two sisters climbing down. They looked at me and gave me a quizzical look. Then I heard my father say,“ Renée, Opalei go back to bed.” I gave the twins a look that said go. I was glad when they went back up. I gulped and looked back at my parents. My mother sighed.“ Just go to bed, we’ll continue this discussion in the morning.” I nodded and ran upstairs. I knew that that was the end of the discussion. As soon as I got there, Renée and Opalei bombarded me with questions like, “ What was that about?” “What did you do?” and “Mom looked like she was going to cry.” I shooed them away and went to my room. When I next awoke, the only thing that I could remember from last night was the burning red letters of my digital alarm clock, reading

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:red">2:47

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">.

If my name could be anything…

NK7!
color:yellow;background:black;mso-highlight:black"> 

If my name could be anything, then I would want it to be something cool

like Fallyn or April or Sarroe (not sorrow, pronounced sair-ow) or Nicolette or Syria. I cold also stand stuff with nicknames like Dani (Danielle) or Coco (Caroline) or Spence (Spencer). It’s not that I don’t like my name it just
background:black;mso-highlight:black"> doesn’t fit me. I can’t help that I don’t feel like mine fits, it’s just the way it is. Although I think that my favorite name is Sarroe!

What is prejudice???

By: NK7

I don’t know what the definition for prejudice is, but dictionary.com says: “prejudice |prejədəs| Noun. A preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.” When I hear the word prejudice, I think of what we learned in Social Studies last year. We learned about slavery and how many people were prejudice towards African Americans. I got out of that, the meaning of prejudice to me. Another thing that I think of is the book Pride and Prejudice. I’ve never read this particular story, but I’ve heard it’s a classic. I think I’ll try and read to see if I can use it to reach a better understanding of the word Prejudice.
mso-bidi-font-family:Times;color:#800040">

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 03:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 75

I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA. From the beginning my parents knew I would be a very strange child. They were also very right. I am not only wonderfully sour, but I also have type 1diabetes. But even though those things are true, that is not why I am ‘‘weird’’.

At a young age, I was always told that I would change the world. I was also very thoughtful and quite intelligent. I enjoy the kind of clothing that was in during the time period known as the 80’s. When I turned 8, I made the decision that I wanted to join the army. This dream was quickly snuffed out when my father made me get up at three thirty every morning, every day to do BOOT CAMP, which lasted one hour. Then I would get 3 minutes to shower and 5 minutes to get dressed. I am know happily set on becoming an FBI agent for the BAU (Behavioral Analysis Unit.) I have yet to really reached my full potential. But I will. I swear on my honor I that one day I will.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

I love it when I have classes with devo. It is both entertaining and inspiring when I ask questions and receive answers. I’ve never had a more interesting class than when we take class time to learn about God.