Article posted March 28, 2012 at 06:33 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 75

I read the Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins. The Hunger Games is the first book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. This book is about Katniss Everdeen, a starving girl from the seam of District 12 in a place that was once called North America but is now Panem. When here sister is chosen for the annual Hunger Games (an annual fight to the death) Katniss bravely takes her place to fight against all the other tribunes and come out on top. This is an amazing book about action and romance book. I think that everyone who reads this book will fall instantly in love with all the crazy character and the action of the Hunger Games. If you want to find out what happens read The Hunger Games my Suzanna Collins.

From the Girl in the Cage Research Project was that the weapons used in the medieval times were barbaric and harsh. They would stab people with various knife attached to each hand. The battle strategies where very smart. For example, a siege is when the enemy would surround a castle and wait until the people inside the castle starved (because of the lack of food) or surrendered. I learned things I would have never learned from this project.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 06:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

During the track season, I was on a 4x400 relay team. (That means each person runs a full lap on the track and then passes the baton. I was first leg, my friend Aniyah was the second leg, Lauren was the third leg, and Sumer was the forth leg.  Well, this was the Region Three Qualifier and Sumer was hurt. We had no alternates. Since Sumer had to run no matter what, the plan was that I, the first leg, get us a huge lead and hope that Aniyah and Lauren could keep it up that was Sumer could just barely jog around the track. It was time for the race. I got in my blocks, I was FREAKING OUT!  “Set,” the man said. “BANG!”- the gun went of I ran for my life. In the end our team got 3rd. I felt like I had let the team down for not getting us a bid enough lead. Aniyah and Lauren did, too. It was a big day for our team.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

In the Noble Experiment, Jackie Robinson, a black baseball, tries to become a professional baseball player. Though prejudice and evil people, Jackie finally gets what he wanted with the help of Mr. Rickey. This was a good story and I enjoy learning about Jackie’s journey though life.

Article posted January 11, 2012 at 07:54 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 41

Prejudice. Where can it be found? The answer is simple. Everywhere. It can be found anywhere from home to school. Prejudice is when you dislike someone for something that does not matter, like race. Prejudice is not a good thing. I can hurt people feelings and make them feel bad about themselves.  We need no stop prejudice be kind to everyone you meet.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 04:37 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 42

Goals

I have different goals for 2012. I have goals for different categories.  

My academic goal is to turn in work on time in Language Arts. Last semester, I didn’t turn in my things on time. To achieve that goal I will check Studywiz every night to see the upcoming assignments. I plan to reach this goal by the end of the school year.

My spiritual goal is to read the bible more often and to grow as a Christian. I will achieve this goal by Reading by bible every night and trying to learn about God. I will troy to achieve this goal by the end of 2012.

My social goal is to escape my friend’s circle. I usually hang out with 5 or 6 of the same people so to achieve this goal I will talk to more people other than just my friends. I plan to have more friends by the end of the school year.

I have many goals for this year and I Plan to achieve all of them.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 51

The Girl who spelled freedom

Character: Laura Thrasher

In The story, “The Girl so spelled freedom” Laura Thrasher is Prissy’s daughter. Laura changes by first being very supportive of Linn, because Laura knew that Prissy wasn’t very exited about getting the Cambodian family to live with them. Then, Laura became jealous of all the attention Prissy was giving Linn, instead of giving it to her. In the end, Laura realized that Linn wasn’t that bad.

Chapter 1

“You’re an idiot!” Screamed Jared on the bus. “How do you get grounded right before the 3rd largest derby in the state!”? “I know, but what do u want me to do? Christina asked. My mom said that I couldn’t go.” “Go where?” Cried Alexandra. “Chris is-” Jared started. But Christina kicked him in the knee as a warning. Jared kicked her back. “Nothing!” Chris said with a odd smile. Alexandra Telco was the prettiest girl in the whole 10th grade. With golden hair and dazzling blue eyes. She was also the nosiest and most annoying. Her dad was the president of the school so ever one obeyed her. Christina Alfred, Chris for short, was the nicest and friendliest girl in the 10th grade. Her fire engine red hair gave her away. She also had an over active imagination. Jared Marz was a jock. He was captain of the Arizona High football team. With brown hair and green eyes. The bus got off at Boye Street. Chris and Jared got off the bus and walked down the cul-de-sac. “This my stop.” Jared said as he walk toward a small house covered in ivy and reddish brown brick. “Talk to you later!” Chris yelled back.

Chris walked toward her even smaller house with stone and  passed the Moxley’s house. The Moxley Family was a family of three. Mr. Merlin Moxley the stout, but tall businessman. Mrs. Jezebel Moxley was the your everyday average house wife. But their son, Mark, was the devil in disguise. He was mean to everyone he meet.  At the house there were millions of cardboard boxes. As if one cue Mr. Moxley walked into the forest of cardboard. “How y’all doing, Mr. Moxley?” Chris called across the “forest”. “Fine” He called back. “Y’all moving?” Chris asked puzzled. “Yes ma’am.” Mr. Moxley called back. “Why?” Chris asked with a little more sarcasm then she meant to. “Some funny looking short guy bought it from us.” Mr. Moxley said loading packing peanuts into a small box. “How much did it sell for?” Chris wonderingly asked. “I don’t know but it was a generous offer. I sold mighty quick too,” Mr. Moxley answered stuffing the box of packing peanuts into the pick-up truck. “All right. Tell Mrs. Moxley I said hi.” Chris said walking away, not waiting for a reply. “I will.” Mr. Moxley called after her he turned back into the house with a new armload of boxes.

* * *

Chapter 2

“Home!” Chris yelled after throwing her backpack and books on the wall next to the couch. She plopped on the couch and flicked on the TV. A strikingly beautiful woman with golden hair and a perfect sun kissed tan. A just as handsome man with black hair slightly gray was sitting next to a plump woman with red hair and rosy cheeks and lips. “Cali Brown here.” Said the plump lady with a slight southern accent. “I have the world’s best restate agents and actors, James Winslow and Madeline Smith, here to tell us about the Merlin M. Moxley’s house. Chris sat up as if the rosy woman had said her own name. “It was a difficult house to sell.” The beautiful woman said. “They had many problems like bugs and mice.” “LIES!!!!” Chris screamed at the TV. “What’s going on down here there?” parents cried from upstairs. Her mother, Leslie Alfred, had frizzy black hair and dazzling green eyes. Her father, Jefferson Alfred the same way. Their occupation, Morticians. Chris said nothing staring at the TV watching Madeline, the beautiful lady, pour lies out of her perfect mouth. While Cali, the plump southern lady, cling to every word. Chris picked out the phone and dialed: 770-334-0329.

* * *

“Yo?” the voice said on the other end. “Hi Mark. Can I talk to your dad?” Chris asked. “Nope,” Mark said and hung up.

I hate him. Chris thought.  She dialed a new number: 678-135-0192. “Hey Chris!” Jared said. “Hi. Did you see Madeline Smith going on and on about the Moxley’s!” “Ya! She’s gorgeous!” Jared cried. Chris rolled her eyes and let out a huge sigh. “You know she is. Everyone does” Jared said as if he had seen her roll her eyes. “Ya. But the Moxley’s and I have the same TV channels so they had to see that.” “I guess but Mark could’ a been watching things blow up,” Jared said matter-of-factly. “I guess,” Chris sighed. “Hey, You want to come over later?” “What ever.” Jared said. “I got practice in like 5 minutes, so I can meet you at Carla’s.” “Sure. See ya there.” Chris said and hung up. Chris was upset. Madeline had to be lying. And her best friend didn’t believe her. “I’ll be at Carla’s!” Chris called up stairs and walked out the door.

* * *

Carla’s was the best frozen yogurt in town. Chris walked in. “Sup.” Said the guy at the counter. Chris nodded and proceeded to the yogurt. Chris pulled the lever for watermelon and peanut-almond swirl. She filled it so much the man behind the counter said, “Dang girl,” and reluctantly put it on the scale. “Comes to $4.50,” the man said. Chris paid and sat at a booth near the window. In about 2 minutes Jared walked in still in his jersey and cleats, got his yogurt, paid and sat down. “Why did you bring me here?” Jared asked.  “We needed to have a meeting.” Chris replied. “What about?” Jared asked with a mouth full of chocolate ice cream. “The Moxelys, Madeline Smith, James Wilson, and Cali Brown,”

Chapter 3

“What on earth did they do?” Asked Jared. “They lied is what they did!” Chris exclaimed. “They said that the Moxley’s house was so difficult to sell because it was infected with bugs and other pest. Mr. Moxley him self told me that nothing was wrong with the house, it sold for a large sum of money, and that some short funny looking dude bought it from them.” “And ‘is is ‘ad ‘ecause..” Jared said with a mouth full of yogurt. “What?” Chris asked. “This is ad because...” Jared Repeated. “They lied on public television!” Chris exclaimed. The door swung open. “Hi welcome to Carla’s,” said the man without look up. Chris and Jared didn’t look up either. It was Alexandra Telco. “Oooooh!” Alexandra said walking toward them. “Are you guys on a date. “No!” they both shouted together. “We are at a meeting.” Chris said defensibly. “Wow Jared, I thought you were better than that.” Alexandra said and walked away.

“What as that all about?” Chris asked Jared. “What?” Jared asked. “the whole ‘your better than that’ thing,” Chris asked wondering what Jared was hiding.

Chapter 1

“You’re an idiot!” Screamed Jared on the bus. “How do you get grounded right before the 3rd largest derby in the state!” “I know, but what do u want me to do? My mom said that I can’t go.” Christina said. “Go where?” Cried Alexandra. “Chris is-” Jared started. But Christina kicked him in the knee as a warning. Jared kicked her back. “Nothing!” Chris said with a odd smile. Alexandra Telco was the prettiest girl in the whole 10th grade and certainly the nosiest. Christina Alfred, Chris for short, was the nicest and friendliest girl in the 10th grade. She also had an over active imagination. Jared Marz was a jock. He was captain of the Arizona High football team. The bus got off at Boye Street. Chris and Jared got off the bus and walked down the cul-de-sac. “This my stop.” Jared said as he walk toward a small house covered in ivy and reddish brown brick. “Talk to you later!” Chris yelled back.

Chris walked toward her even smaller house with stone and  passed the Moxley’s house. The Moxley Family was a family of three. Mr. Moxley the tall, but stout businessman. Mrs. Moxley was the your everyday average house wife. But there son Mark was the devil in disguise. At the house there were millions of cardboard boxes. As if one cue Mr. Moxley walked into the forest of cardboard. “How y’all doing, Mr. Moxley?” Chris called across the “forest”. “Fine” He called back. “Y’all moving?” Chris asked puzzled.

“Yes ma’am.” Mr. Moxley called back

“Why some funny looking short guy bought it from us.”

“How much did it sell for.”

“I don’t know but it was a generous offer.”

“Alright. Tell Mrs. Moxley I said hi.”

“I will.” Mr. Moxley said as he turned back into the house with a armload of boxes.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:04 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 86

How would you design the Library of the Future?

In the future, I would design our library so we could find things easier. I would sort the books by title or genre, not author. I think everything located by author is hard to find. Because everyone knows the title of the book but you way not now the author.

The library would be set up like a lounge. We could have beanbags on the back wall. That would be the reading section. We could have the section across from the doors to be rows of books. On the side where the encyclopedias are now, there should be the check out section and move the encyclopedias to the wall behind the books shelves. The MACS would be where the books are now. To fill up that space we would get more MACS. 

If there is cool new technology in the future. The library would make a device where you type in the book and a microchip comes out and you stick the microchip in your eye and you can read it in your eye. Yes, it sounds crazy but I could be possible in the future. The beanbag lounge would still be there.

I think the Library of the future would be cool. Any of the Ideas above would be fun!

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

If I could have any name.

I would probably make my name something that would be on a key chain. My name now is NEVER on a key chain. It is annoying because my sister, my mom, my dad, and my brother all have their name on a key chain.

But, my name would probably an H name. I like names that start with H. But if my first name started with an H, then my last name would have to start with an H. So therefore, my name would start with an H or a J. Like Hailey or Jamison those are some of my favorite names, and they are on keychains.

Article posted September 19, 2011 at 02:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Prejudice

What is prejudice? Prejudice is when a person for or group of people is disliked for no reason. Prejudice is hatred of someone not because of something they did. If I were prejudice people would not like me because I was mean to them for no apparent reason. Prejudice is wrong because God made us all equally. He also wanted us to treat each other fairly. Do not be prejudice because it is not right. You might be prejudice because of jealousy and the other person might think its prejudice so if you don’t want it don’t to you don’t do it to someone else. The bible says treat others they way you would want to be treated. Come on people… What would Jesus do? 

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 03:11 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 52

My story starts when I was born. I was born on February 12, 2000 at 4 a.m. I grew up in Atlanta, GA. But moved to Buffalo. NY when I was about 6 months. I moved to New York because my dad played football in the NFL. He was #20 for the Buffalo Bills. In New York, I had a best friend. Her name was Paris Green. We enjoyed playing in her backyard together. Now, I enjoy dancing and hanging out with my friends. I am friends with lots of people. One of my best friends is Crystal Childs. We have known each other since I moved to Georgia. She doesn’t go to GAC anymore but we keep in touch. My story is me growing up in Atlanta, Georgia and going to my aunt’s farm. On that farm we have horses, a pig, and cats. I ride a big chestnut rone mare named, Blaze. She is one of our tallest mares. We resently had our oldest mare give birth to a small horse named Hope-Harriet- Hannah. (We have not chosen a name yet.) We also got fishing and hiking. More of my story is running. I run track. I ran track with the Jackrabbits. I ran track with the Jackrabbit track and field club. Mt story is sitting in honors language arts and writeing.

My story is

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:18 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 48

The best things about 6th grade are the lockers, the snack shack/ lunch, the freedom, the electronics, and the mission trips.

I enjoy having a locker instead of carrying all my things around or leaving them in on room. I also customized my locker so that it represents me. I put up comics as wallpaper, a mirror, and my schedule, even magnets that look like chewed gum.

Another cool thing about 6th grade is the snack shack. Unlike elementary school were we had ice cream once a week. We have the snack shack everyday. I like all the choices we have to eat. And the soft pretzels. I also like the choices in our juice we could have. Apple, apple papaya mango peach, peach tea, raspberry tea, fruit punch, and water.

I also like all the freedom. We don’t have to walk in straight lines. We don’t have to be quiet in the halls. Its fantastic.

Another thing I like about sixth grade are the electronics. We get MACS and iPod touches. It is awesome because all our work is digital.

One more thing, I like is mission trips. I like being able to go out of the state and share the word of God with people who don’t know him. When I go on my first mission trip I fell like I’m helping people get to heave and have better lives.

Sixth grade is amazing!