One of the best things about sixth grade is that now you have more freedom. Now that you’re in middle school, you don’t have to walk in a line. You’re free to walk the hallway wherever you want as long as you make it to class before the bell. You also get a locker now, which is great because you don’t have to put your stuff in the back of a cubby with everyone else’s. And you get to decorate it however you want. You also get to talk the whole time during lunch (no more red cup! Yay!), and sit by whoever you want in your homeroom. They also give you more options in the Cafeteria.
Another great thing is the laptops. No more textbooks! Everything’s online. This means that nobody can write on it (which some people did last year) or draw on it or rip it or do anything bad to it. I also like that you can check your grades and assignments online, because you get to see what you got on a test before you get it back. And the best part is that you get to personalize it! Sure, you can’t watch movies or do iChat, but you can change your desktop background, email, change your dashboard to make it fun, put fun keychains on your case, and play games as long as it’s not during class.Another great thing is that we have great teachers and fun assignments, like the scrapbook project and silhouette project for language arts, the science fair project, the social studies little books, and all kinds of things on Word and Powerpoint. My favorite project so far was the silhouette because we got to express ourselves through a collage, which is art, one of my favorite things in the world. My classes are great, and I especially love Language Arts, Art, and Media Literacy. I like language arts because we get to do all sorts of neat projects and assignments while learning, and it gives me good grammar tips that I can use in my books if I had incorrect things. I love Art because drawing is one of my favorite hobbies, and our teacher is really nice and is really good at showing us how to draw and paint certain things. I like Media Literacy because it’s a small class and three of my good friends are there with me, and we learn a lot about technology, which is another one of my favorite things.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM • comment • Reads 53 • see all articles