Copyright (c) 2014 by JH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JH -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by JH

My Goals

My first goal this year is to finish The Hunger Games series this semester. I will achieve this goal by reading at home when I have free time. My second goal this year is to get closer to God. I will achieve this goal by praying, reading the Bible, and doing the right thing. There is no end to how close I can get to God. My third goal this year is to do well in basketball this year. I will achieve this goal by practicing. I know I can achieve all of these goals.

"Times New Roman"">Mount Unknown

"Times New Roman"">By: Brandon, Pruitt, Ford, James, and Jack

Thomas and his friend Charles are 16 years old.  Both of their moms are actresses and they live in LA. One day, the two friends embark on an expedition with their families. They are all going to the great Mount Unknown in Japan. Mount Unknown has never been explored; that is why it is called Mount Unknown. Thomas, Charles, and their families will be the first people to climb and explore this mountain.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            On their way to Japan, they encounter a Japanese gentleman that could help them on their journey to the top of Mount Unknown. He was a supreme guide that knew every terrain on the island of Japan. They rented two beat up jeeps to get to the base of the mountain. On their way, a flat tire extended their trip. When they finally arrive at the base of the mountain, they see huge rocks falling from steep cliffs. Since their tour guide was a veteran he guided them to a safe location to start climbing.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            “Dad stop!” Thomas yelled to his dad. Thomas’s dad and the tour guide were fighting over food. In one swift motion, Thomas’s dad was on the ground bleeding. The tour guide then became very arrogant and said that he excelled in martial arts. The mothers rushed over to see what had occurred. When they saw how injured the father was, they took him into a tent to tend to him.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            Once Thomas’s dad recovered from his injury, they continued on their journey up the mountain. Out of nowhere a blizzard comes. Everyone is hectic and rushes around to set up camp. Thomas’s dad’s condition was degrading and had become very sick. Charles’s sister has become so cold that she has hypothermia. Soon the blizzard dies down and dies down and everyone exhausted. Charles’s sister is so cold that she is turning blue. They decided to stay but because she will die if they keep moving. Over night both Charles’s sister died from hypothermia and Thomas’s dad died from losing too much blood.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            They continue their journey up the Mt Unknown. They are almost at the top when there is a sudden shaking. Everyone stops and listens. They hear a distinct sound, something know has heard be for except the tour guide. “Run!” he yells. Everyone dashes down the mountain. Mt. Unknown is a volcano the tour guide yells. Right as he finished saying that Mt. Unknown unveils its true identity as a lot of lava flows down the mountain.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            Charles and Thomas are faster than everyone and as they look back they only see lava, the tour guide, and Charles’s mom. The abundance of lava has killed horde of people behind them. Charles looks at Thomas and can interpret what he is thinking.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">“We are all going to die!”

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            5 months later, Thomas and Charles are in a rural are of Japan. This was just a casual day to them, five months before this it wouldn't be. 1/8 of the way down the mountain the tour guide was engulfed in the lava after looking back. After finding refuge they are stunned when they find Charles’ moms body a mile from the campsite. It looked like she had been persecuted. She was dead. This was bad because she cooked their minute of food. Charles and Thomas were very worried because know one has come for them. They will soon die. They have learned to hunt and how to make shelter. There most be something inhibiting the rescuers from saving them but what? They decided to find their way back to civilization. On their way back they see a train in the distance. They run toward it. They know that they can follow their way back to civilization.

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">            Suddenly they hear a channel 5-action news helicopter in the distance. They start jumping out of excitement. When the helicopter turns towards them, Charles and Thomas know for sure that they are finally safe.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:53 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 100

The Girl Who Spelled Freedom

The movie The Girl Who Spelled Freedom, Linn Yang and her family come from leave Cambodia because a war is going on and come to Chattanooga, Tennessee to live with the Thrash family. Linn and her family are confused about all the things that they didn’t have in Cambodia, like the toilet. Soon, Linn goes to school. Linn is a little scared about going to school because she doesn’t know any English. Linn is not very confident. Linn soon adjusts to school and life in the U.S.A., and learns many English words. Linn becomes very smart, and she wins a contest for reading the most books. Then, Linn qualifies for the county spelling bee. She spells lots of words and then there are the two finalists left. The other finalist spells a word wrong, and then Linn spells the other finalist’s word correctly. Linn’s last word was acronym. She spells, “A-C-R-O-N-Y-M”. Then Linn won the spelling bee. Linn Yang overcame many obstacles when she came to America, but she became confident in herself and she was happy that she was free.

Ch. 2

The Discovery

The thing looked like a giant meteor, except it seemed to kind of have a magical buzz in the air around it. It was also dark black, and smoke was billowing from it. “What do you think it is, Dad?” Chris asked. “I have no idea. But, I think it may have come from space, and what we heard was the crash,” he replied. Chris slowly stretched his arm out to touch it. “No! Chris!” his dad shouted. But it was too late. ZAP! “OUCH!” Chris exclaimed. “Chris,” his father yelled. “Chris, are you okay? Speak to me!” Chris was out cold. His father quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed 9-1-1.

Ch. 3

Confusion

“Ugh... Where am I?” Chris said in a daze. “You’re in the hospital,” an unknown voice said. “Who are you, and where is my dad?” Chris questioned. “I’m the nurse, and your parents are in the lobby. I should go tell them that you’re up. I’ll be right back,” the nurse said as she left the room. “I wonder why the meteor thing gave me such a shock… maybe it was magic or something. It’s probably not. Eww, it smells like sick people in here,” Chris thought silently. “I wonder if I’ll be okay,” “Here he is Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence, he’s doing fine and he just woke up.” The nurse said as she guided Chris’s parents into the hospital room 2714. “Oh, Chris, we’re so glad you’re okay,” his parents said as they hugged him. “We were so worried. The doctors just need to make sure that nothing’s wrong, so you may have to stay here for the night.” “Okay Mom,” Chris said.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 03:00 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 64

The Power

Ch. 1

The Thing

“What was that?” Chris yelled as the huge boom settled. “Chris, stay here while your father goes outside to see where that noise came from,” Mrs. Lawrence said. “But I want to see!” Chris replies. “Fine,” Mrs. Lawrence said. “You may go with your father, but be extremely careful.” “Come on Chris,” his father called. As they walked outside, the ground was still vibrating from the big crash. “Do you think it was an earthquake?” Chris asked his father. “I’m not really sure; it didn’t really feel like an earthquake,” he replied. As they got closer, the air seemed to buzz with energy. “Ouch! I tripped!” Chris exclaimed. “What is that?” his father said. There it was. The thing.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 266

How would I design the library of the future?

I would design the library of the future with advancement in technology. I would have computers to search for the book you were looking for. I would make sure the library was quiet with soundproof walls. I would have every book ever written in a computer and have more copies of the books so you would never run out. I would have books on tablets and regular books. I would have suggestion for books for a specific person on a computer based on the books that had been previously been checked by that person. I would make sure there was a library in every city so all people would have access to good books. I would have a special quiet room just for reading. I would make the libraries bigger so that you would never run out of space. I think libraries are very important in communities.

If My Name Could Be Anything…

If my name could be anything, I would keep it the same. I would keep it the same because all my friends and family know me by that name.  When they think of my name, they think of me and my personality. They think of who I am.  My name is part of me. My name is the name God remembers when he thinks of me, and that is what matters most to me. My name is important to me.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 03:10 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 85

What is Prejudice?

To me, prejudice is a horrible thing. Prejudice is treating other people unfairly just because they are different. One example of prejudice was in the 1960s. White people were treating people of other races differently. Black people had to drink from separate water fountains and eat at different restaurants. They would be punished if they broke those laws. There were also some rebellious people such as Rosa Parks, who would not give up her seat on the bus to a white man. But, there was one man whose name was Martin Luther King Jr. He gathered lots of people and contributed to nonviolent acts of protest such as freedom marches. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his “I have a dream” speech. He changed the hearts of millions.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 84

Something about me is I was born in Northside Hospital on January 27th, 2000. I have a little sister named Camille. She is in 4th grade. My mom teaches in the 4th grade also. She has been teaching for more than 10 years. I have a dog named Chloe and a frog named Fred. I have grandparents and cousins that live in Louisiana. I also have cousins and grandparents that live in Atlanta. I have lived in Atlanta all of my life. That is my story.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:15 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 63

One thing that I think is the best thing about 6th grade is all of the different classes. I like walking to different classes, but sometimes I have to rush because my classes are far away from each other. I like talking with my friends on the way to different classes. I also like that we don’t have to walk in lines to classes.

Another thing I like about sixth grade is lunch. I think that lunch in Junior High is better than Elementary lunch. I think in middle school you have more variety. I like that at lunch, there is no red cup. I also like the Snack Shack, and that you can go every day of the week. I like that you can get pizza and pretzels whenever you want.

Another good thing about 6th grade is that you can go to the Spartan store without a parent. I can go get breakfast or a snack after school. I also like that you can be anywhere on campus from 7:30 to 8:00. I think I will like 6th grade.

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries