Creative Story

“Mellissa!” yelled Ashley as she got out of her car. “ I could not wait to see you. I missed you all summer. Where were you, you never answered my texts.”

“Sorry, my mom took my phone away all summer. I had to help my grandmother. She had some problems.” Mellissa replied knowing it was a total lie.

“Oh, ok. Is she all right now? Were you able to help? You know my granddad was a doctor so I could probably get him to figure out what is wrong with her if you want.”

“She is fine now.” Mellissa said wanting her to go away. “I don’t think I will need any of your help. I have to get to class now, but thanks anyway.”

“Ok bye. Well if you need anything you know who to call.” Ashley said in a disappointed tone.

As Ashley walked away Mellissa was so relieved. She thought that she would never leave. All last year, Ashley had dressed like her, talked like her, and even died her hair a dark brown to look like her. Ashley was the weirdest person in the. Mellissa was the one every one liked. The one everyone wanted to hang out with. Then there was Ashley the weird one. The one with the nasal like voice. The one who everyone hated.

“Mellissa!” called Alyssa. “What were you doing talking to Ashley? You know her reputation. You don’t want to be like that do you? Aren’t you going to tell her that you don’t like her. She has to know where she belongs.”

“She doesn’t mean too, but I mean if you dressed and talked like that you would surely want to change. I mean it is not like she is intentionally sabotaging me. Believe me I think it is annoying to, but I mean I kind of feel bad for her.”

“There is no need to feel bad. Just get over it. She should be the one feeling bad. She has been the one annoying and bugging you. You have not done anything to her. All you have done is avoid her. You haven’t said anything mean.” Alyssa said.

“Yah, I guess your right. She does need to know where her place is. I am in my group and she is in her group. Some groups just don’t mix. Right?” Mellissa questioned.

“Exactly, who are we to worry about her. Come on,  homeroom is about to start.” Alyssa said.

Alyssa and Mellissa walked through the 6th grade hallway. They shared some of their old memories from last year. As they got to the 7th grade hallway they both walked into Mr. Ruel’s homeroom. Mr. Ruel was known for pretty much nothing. No one knew anything special about except for the fact that he was really boring whenever he teached. Mellissa talked with some of her old friends from last year and met some new ones. Everyone in the class liked Mellissa. Right before the bell rang Ashley came in. Ashley the most annoying person in 7th grade in Mellissa’s homeroom. Mr. Ruel got up and checked everyone off and then said the thing that Mellissa was scared of the most.

“Now class, I know all of you probably want to sit next to your friends and talk, but in my class there are always assigned seats, always. I put all you names in a hat and then pulled them out to see which table you would be at. I am going to put the paper up and feel free to look at it. These seats will start tomorrow.” Mr. Ruel said.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 09:02 AM • comment (4) • Reads 51 • see all articles