Copyright (c) 2014 by AB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AB -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by AB

Article posted May 9, 2013 at 04:20 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 172

If I could change the world in any way, I would help those in poverty, especially directed toward the children living in poor places around the world. I would make a program kind of like Oprah’s. You fill in the form, we go through the applications, and if you get through, you get provided with a room and food to eat and water to drink. We would also have facilities, as well as a rehabilitation program. It would be the perfect plan for families living in poverty all around the world. I would love to help others in this situation.

One building with multiple garment factories collapsed in Bangladesh last week, killing 400 people. Just one company- Walt Disney had decided before the building collapsed to end the production of their merchandise for Bangladesh. This also goes for other countries too- such as Pakistan. Many retailers are rethinking their role in Bangladesh. I think this will hurt the economy and hurt Walt Disney Productions, as they need the income of money from Bangladesh to help support their business. The way that this relates to the renaissance is the Renaissance was a time of exploration and travel, which created shipping. Big businesses- much like Disney- would ship their products across the seas- to places like Bangladesh- and if they withdraw their products from the source of money, then maybe even Walt Disney Productions will be on the decline for a while.

The difference between religion and spirituality  are very different. Religion can sometimes be viewed as trying to be the best religion and competing against each other. Spirituality is your relationship with God is about being closer to him.

A world without pictures would be awful! We probably would only have limited versions of instagram, pinterest, wanelo, facebook, and other things that we love. There would be no online shopping. A lot of people get information from pictures on instagram or other websites/apps. Some of this is important information, like knowing where someone is or knowing if the weather is dangerous. Pictures are a very important part of our lives, even if we don't realize it. I know i couldn't live without pictures.

I learned about the Daily Life of the Middle Ages. They wore specific clothing to show their status. They played instruments like the bearfoot and the fiddle. They traded all kinds of fabric for clothing- especially fur- on trade routes. They had both trade routes on land and trade routes by sea.

Culture is a way of life. It is the way people do things and traditions people have. It is the food, art, religion, and lifestyle of people in a certain area. For example, the relaxed lifestyle of a beach community would have a very different lifestyle than fast-paced New York. Places all over the world have a very diverse culture.