Should We Respect Professionals Athletes to Be Role Models, or Should We Judge Them On Only Athletic Ability?

I think that we do need to think of them as role models. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of people and show of their talents. Sports today, are mostly about how good you are. People are constantly wondering how many touchdowns, home runs, or goals you make. That’s not what sports are about. Sports are about having fun and showing people your God-given talents. People need to remember that although some athletes are better than others, people who are willing to be in front of people and play a sport is hard. If you fumble or strike out or miss a goal you are being judged. Sports is not about how good you play it is about being a true role model.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM • comment • Reads 41 • see all articles