The Vow Summary

The book The Vow, written by Kim and Krickitt Carpenter’s theme for me was love. I think that this story shows love by the amazing storyline. In the story the two-month-married couple is driving to Krickitt’s parent’s house, and they get into a huge car accident. Krickitt is in the hospital and all kinds of therapy for months. Kim finds the startling fact that due to all the brain damage Krickitt suffered, she doesn’t remember that she is married to Kim. During the story, they are trying to re-build relationship. During that time there are many times when Kim thinks that the relationship will never be same. He feels like his wife is going to be the same and never will remember him. This true story is a true example of an amazing love story between two Christian people. I enjoyed this story very much because it was a great Christian story about love and the reconstruction of a love story. This was one of my favorite=ite books that I have ver read. 

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 02:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Robert the Bruce

Robert the Bruce was the king of Scotland from 1306 to 1329. To the Scots he’s known as a hero, because in 1314 he freed Scotland from the English rule.  He was born on July 11, 1274. In 1290 Robert’s grandfather was crowned king.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">The
English king Edward I, however, claimed authority over the Scots and awarded the crown to John de Balliol instead. Facing resistance from the Scots, Edward invaded and conquered Scotland in 1296. The army, who was forced to fight Robert, defeated him. He became an outlaw to the people. He was so determined that he decided to try again and defeat the English. When Edward I, was sent out to fight him he died in route. And his son Edward II, who was much weaker left he English troops to fend for themselves. By 1314 Robert had already driven from every town except for Stirling. Edward II finally decided to lead an army against them. Robert and his army defeated the English. For the next 14 years, there were still fights between them. Until, 1328 a peace treaty was signed to show Scotland’s independence. Robert died in 1329. Here are my sources.

Book Source: Sutherland, Dorothy. Enchantment of the World: Scotland. Canada: Regensteiner Publishing Enterprises. , 1985. 36-37. Print.

Internet Sources: "Robert I, the Bruce." U*X*L Biographies. Detroit: U*X*L, 2003. Gale Student Resources In Context. Web. 2 Feb. 2012.                     http://school.eb.com/comptons/article-9273371?query=RObert%20Bruce&ct=                 

"Bruce, Robert." Compton's by Britannica. Encyclopedia Britannica Online School Edition. Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc., 2012. Web. 2 Feb. 2012.<

http://school.eb.com/comptons/article-9273371

Robert the Bruce

mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">The
English king Edward I, however, claimed authority over the Scots and awarded the crown to John de Balliol instead. Facing resistance from the Scots, Edward invaded and conquered Scotland in 1296. The army, who was forced to fight Robert, defeated him. He became an outlaw to the people. He was so determined that he decided to try again and defeat the English. When Edward I, was sent out to fight him he died in route. And his son Edward II, who was much weaker left he English troops to fend for themselves. By 1314 Robert had already driven from every town except for Stirling. Edward II finally decided to lead an army against them. Robert and his army defeated the English. For the next 14 years, there were still fights between them. Until, 1328 a peace treaty was signed to show Scotland’s independence. Robert died in 1329.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 07:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

Think of a real-life situation in which success or failure has depended on the performance of a single person. What goes through a person's mind at a moment like that?

I remember I went to one of the JV's basketball games (because my sister was a cheerleader.) and the score was really close. Both teams were both trying to one up each other. No matter who scored it would continuously be really close. When there was about 15 seconds left in the game the ref called a free threw for GAC. I think at the time the thoughts running through his head were crazy. He knew that it all was relying on him. If he didn't make it the team and the fans who be disappointed because of him. They ended winning and I bet he was so happy and
relieved.

Should We Respect Professionals Athletes to Be Role Models, or Should We Judge Them On Only Athletic Ability?

I think that we do need to think of them as role models. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of people and show of their talents. Sports today, are mostly about how good you are. People are constantly wondering how many touchdowns, home runs, or goals you make. That’s not what sports are about. Sports are about having fun and showing people your God-given talents. People need to remember that although some athletes are better than others, people who are willing to be in front of people and play a sport is hard. If you fumble or strike out or miss a goal you are being judged. Sports is not about how good you play it is about being a true role model.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 03:07 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

In What Settings Can Prejudice Sometimes Be Found?

Prejudice can be found everywhere. Prejudice is found a lot in the U.S. You can be treated unfairly for many reasons. If you are a certain type of ethnicity then people can be prejudice to you. But being prejudice towards others isn’t always about the color of your skin. If you are starting out a new school and maybe you look different than people can be prejudice to you. Prejudice can go along with the saying “Don’t Judge a Book By It’s Cover.” If someone looks different than you that doesn’t they aren’t good people. In this country, many people are prejudice for the way people look on the outside. But we all need to know that it doesn’t matter what you look like. God created us so we can be judged of what is on the inside. Your inner beauty is what truly matters.

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:29 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 51

Goal Setting

These are my goals for the future:

My academic goal is that I read more books. The steps for this goal are: I use my time wisely and remember that I can learn from reading. I want this goal to be completed by the end of the semester. My Spiritual goal is to build a better relationship with God/Jesus. The steps for this goal are: I pray, pay attention in Bible class, and continue to go to church every week. I want this goal to be completed by June 31. My social goal is to have more friends. The steps for this goal are: Be kinder to people, think of other before I think of myself, and accept others for who they are. I want this goal to be completed by the end of this school year.    

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 04:14 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 161

The Girl Who Spelled Freedom

My blog post is about the movie “The Girl Who Spelled Freedom”, I’m going to talk about the character, Prissy Thrash. In the beginning of the story Prissy was kind of against the fact that a family of seven was coming to live with her family. She thought that she couldn’t handle it. When The Yang family first gets there they are very nervous and don’t speak English. Prissy gets very frustrated with the family at first. As, the family starts to learn English and get more comfortable with the Trash family; Prissy starts to get comfortable with them as well. By the end, when Lin really relies on Prissy and is ever fond of her, Prissy is her fond of the rest of the family too. By the end, the Trash and Yang families combined into one big family. Prissy completely changed her thoughts over The Yang family, this movie really showed me how you can over come hard times.

How Would I Design the Library of the Future?

I would design library of the future very different than the way it is now. I would make it so much simpler. If you know the name of the book you want to check out you can just type it in the computer and it would get it for you. If you didn’t know what book you wanted but just had an idea of your favorite kind of books, for example if you are in to adventurous books you can type in adventure and it would come up with all the adventure books. Libraries could also have to separate places, one for where people want to read and focus, and another where people can look for books and be able to talk without disturbing others who are trying to focus. I want it to be fun for everyone to come to the library. For people who don’t like to read, I would want to make the library a fun place for everyone. If someone doesn’t like to read than I would want to have someone to help him or her find a book that they will enjoy. I know I love going to the library but I want everyone else to enjoy it too.