Copyright (c) 2014 by TW Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TW -- Blogmeister

6th period Spring 2013

by TW

Article posted May 10, 2013 at 02:28 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 86

If I could change one thing about the world, I would change the fact that the Christian population is getting smaller and smaller. I would want to go around the world and try to get people to see Jesus. I can see myself doing this by one peron at a time. Even just saving one person will make a huge difference in Heaven. Learning about people’s cultures and historical time periods really help set the right mind for this. First, you would want to get to know the person, maybe relate the story of Jesus to their culture, and make them feel comfortable. If you realize that some people have incredibly hard lives, or know that they are on a bad path, will make you more motivated to make a difference. 

If I could change one thing about the world, I would change the fact that the Christian population is getting smaller and smaller. I would want to go around the world and try to get people to see Jesus. Learning about people’s cultures and historical time periods really help set the right mind for this. If you realize that some people have incredibly hard lives, you will be more motivated to make a difference. 

Article posted May 1, 2013 at 07:49 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 68

This article tells about the Boston bombing. This was a terrible tragedy, and came out of no where. This event will go down in American history. None of the bombing and deaths would have happend witout religeous influence. He was a Muslum religious extremist, and wanted to bomb America. Since he was part of a religious extremist group, he ended up doing what he did. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-explosions

Article posted April 24, 2013 at 07:21 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 56

I think that there is a diffeernce between religion and spirtuality. Spirituality is the general belief in something like God or other religious things. Religion is a specific belief in something, such as Chritianity, Judaisism, Islam, and other religions. Most people are spiritual, but that doesnt mean most people are Christians. People may be spiritual, but may not have the same religion as you.

I learned that the Middle Ages is VERY different than today. It was also a very tragic time for some, with all the diseases and deaths. The Middle Ages is pretty interesting to learn about as well. They didn't have the luxuries we have today. Their medicines, weren't as good, and the surgeries almost always ended in death. Life has definetly gotten much better over the years.

Culture

Tony Wyche

Culture to me is a lifestyle. It’s how people live their lives. Culture is more than just doing things; its how you do them, when you do them, if you do them. Cultures have traditions, holidays, and celebrations. Like I have Christmas while other have Hanukah. There are hundreds of different cultures, all with different lifestyles, so which one are you?

Hunger Games Summary

I just read the Hunger Games, and it’s theme is overcoming obstacles. It is about a girl named Katniss, and she was chosen for the Hunger Games. At first her little sister, Prim, was chosen, but Katniss volunteered as a substitute. They go through a very dangerous game, and yes, people do die. The game is a fight-to-death game. You must be able to avoid being killed and survive. There is no mercy, so you must be careful. The theme is overcoming obstacles, so who will win the game? Read the books to find out!

The Battle of Methven

by Tony Wyche 

The battle of Methven started when Robert Bruce killed John Comyn in a church in Dumfries. This took King Edward I by complete surprise, so he sent out an army of 3,000 to capture Bruce. He also sent out one of his best generals, Aymer de Valence. He was told to kill Bruce and show no mercy to him. Bruce barley escaped and ran away to the Scottish Highlands with a few others.

Citations:

Book:  Meek, James. The Land and People of Scotland. 1. USA: Harper Collins Publishers, 1990. 234.

Website:  "Battle of Methven." Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. 1. USA: 2007. Web. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_methven>.
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">

Website:   The Battle." Methven 700. 1. USA: 2006. Web. 1 Feb 2012. <http://www.methvenonline.co.uk/Pages/Methven700/700.htm>.

Casey at the Bat

In this poem, a baseball team is down and the game is almost over. Then, Casey steps up to the bat. Then everyone depended on him to win the game. First Strike 1, the 2, and finally, “Strike Three! You’re Out!” If you do something like that, you feel like the team lost because of you, and you never want to face them again. You feel like you life is over. It’s not over though, because you always have next time! 

All athletes should be role models, and we should not judge them by their athletic ability. Not everybody is good at sports, and they don't have to be to be a good role model. Anyone could be arole model, if they are very good or very bad. It isn't bad to be good at something, just don't think your better than everybody else. Set an example to people so they can learn to be good too.