So in Scotland there was on main war that lasted for years and years, which is the one I will focus on. In the early 1300’s King Edward I was the king of Scotland and started a war when he tried to take over Scotland and the Scottish fought back. Sir William Wallace and Robert the Bruce were 2 pretty major leaders for Scotland in this time.  Sir William Wallace was murdered by English soldiers. After he died, Robert the Bruce became more important. He became the king of a very important church of Scotland. King Edward I, descendant King Edward III, was still fighting years later. Eventually, in 1357 they signed a treaty stating that David II who had been taken captive by the English would be freed. However, the
mso-bidi-font-family:Helvetica">English demanded a ransom of 100,00 merks and the Scottish agreed.

mso-bidi-font-family:Verdana">

We should definitely expect sports players to be good role models. Little kids (and even adults) look up to them, if there was someone who wants to be a professional tennis player or play football in the NFL, don't you think they'll look up to the people who ARE living their dreams? Just because they are getting paid to write books or play sports doesn't mean they shouldn't be using their fame to make this world a better place. They shouldn't get caught up in all of the fame, If they could just stay grounded and keep good morals, the world could be a much happier, brighter place!

Article posted January 11, 2012 at 07:49 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 38

What IS prejudice? Prejudice is an unfair feeling of dislike towards someone for no reason. Prejudice definitely still happens today and I usually hear about it when someone is being racially prejudice. I hope we can stop living a world full of prejudice, but I know that will take lots of time and patience, because some people are really, really mean. Someday, we can live in a prejudice free world!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 02:45 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

My goals for 2012 are to become better friends with the people that I don’t talk to that much. Spiritually, I want to pray every night and every morning. I’m going to do this by making reminders. Lastly, in school I want to be a faster reader. These are my 2012 goals!

Wow! Can you believe the changes in Linn throughout the movie, “The Girl who Spelled Freedom”! So there was a girl name Linn, a refugee from Cambodia, who came to America and lived in a foster home with her mom and 5 siblings. She learned English and overcame her fears about soldiers coming to her home. She overcame the difficulty there is when you move to a brand new place with toilets, stores, and electricity. All of these things were new to her! Linn ended up winning the spelling bee and that was really amazing considering she had just learned English. She was an inspiration throughout this movie and a lot of people who move here from other countries would go through similar things, which is really amazing that they can overcome so much and grow so much in such a small amount of time.

November 14, 2011     

A couple years ago, our school stopped using books. We switched over to a more modern way of learning, laptops. We still have a couple of books, but only for Language Arts. And we have digital copies of them. This morning we had a junior high assembly. Our Dean of academics, Mrs. Richey, told us that there was an important announcement and then she said we were going to play a game. She called up a kid named Parker and showed him his computer. (We all have personal Macbooks), then she showed him a brand new Macbook Air! She told everyone all of the cool new features on the MacBook Air. But best of all, no KernalPanic! (A spam that comes randomly and deletes what you were working on, it also spreads like a virus, if someone in the same room as you gets it you probably will too) Then she asked Parker, “Would you rather have your old school computer, or this lighter, faster, better MacBook Air?”. Obviously he said he would much rather have the MacBook air. Everyone was really confused of why she was showing him that new computer. Then she said, “Would you rather the whole school have the old ones or the brand new laptops?” The whole school got really excited and Mrs. Richey told us that in 3 days our old laptops would be taken up  and the Monday after Thanksgiving Break, we would all get the brand new ones! We were so excited. For 5th Period I had Mrs. Richey as my Humanities teacher and she knew all of the information that no one else knew about when exactly we would get them and that all homework due on Friday or Monday would be canceled because we wouldn’t have computers!

November 15, 2011

So since everyone has been talking about the airs all of the time, I learned a lot about them! They are less than half the weight of our current MacBooks! Only 2 days left until we hand in our old computers, but we still have to wait about a week until we get back from Thanksgiving break and get Macbook Airs. We need to get to get had shell cases for them, and the one I’m getting is hot pink. I’m so excited!

November 14, 2011     

November 15, 2011

Chapter 1

A Missing Mystery

One day in Georgia there was a girl named Lily. She went to GACS and she was in 7th grade. She was at math on a normal, rainy Friday afternoon, but something was wrong. Her best friend Alice, with perfect attendance ever since kindergarten, had been absent all day. It was 12:30, the school had called her parents and they thought she was at school.  Alice was missing and no one had heard a word from her.

When they had free period and lunch Lily saw that Alice’s parents came to school to talk to the principal and once the police arrived, to talk to them too, even though they didn’t get much talking done. Everyone was pretty quiet that day and if you looked closely you could see that Alice’s friends had tears drizzling down their faces. But her parents were hysterical. “Wh-Wh-Wheeeerree is my daughter!!!” Mrs. Taylor (Alice’s mom) managing to say in between sobs, and Mr. Taylor wasn’t saying anything either because the whole time he was trying to hush his wife.

Lily thought she would never see her best friend ever again. And she had to do something.

Chapter 1

Her Background

Selena Gomez was born in Grand Prairie Texas and she grew up in Dallas. She is an only child, and she has 4 dogs. Their names are Fina, Willie, Chip, and Wallace. Her parents’ names are Mandy Cornett and Ricardo Gomez. Her whole name is Selena Marie Gomez and when she was 5, her parents got a divorce. She was then raised by her single, working mother.

Selena gained a lot of her interest in acting when she was little, watching her mother prepare for and to act in theatrical productions. She started acting in 2002, when she was only 7 years old on Barney and friends for 1 episode. Since then, she has become hugely famous.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 02:22 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 54

If my name could be anything, it would basically just be what my name already is. My name is ---- Helen--------, but I might want to change it to ---- Ellen --------, because I think that sounds pretty. I would still go by my nickname though. I might not want to change it because my name is ---- Helen -------- because it was my Grandma’s name in my dad’s side and my great grandma’s name on my mom’s side, ironically. That is something interesting about our family about my family, so I probably wouldn’t change it. (I wrote ------ instead of my real name because this is on the internet for everyone)