If I could design my own library it would be of dark wood, with comfy chairs. It would have electronic ways to find the books and to pre-order books. Everyone would have their own personal chairs. When someone came to the library there would be a front desk and you would check in and ride on a slide to your chair. Robotic waiters would come and serve you food and drinks, too. You could have your own books instead of used books, and there would be digital books on IPads, Nooks, and Kindles. You could also bring your own and the library would sync the book you want onto it. It would look very modern and expensive too.

What is Prejudice?

I think that prejudice is when people are treated unfairly. Not necessarily because of their race, but for any reason. Alot of times, people are prejudice without realizing it, like when they make a joke about someone’s hair or glasses or shoes. All of these things are prejudice because it’s treating someone unfairly because of something that is different about them. Although much more than race is the cause for people being prejudice when the someone says prejudice alot of people still think of racism and don’t realize all of the other kinds of prejudice.

Prejudice is really hurtful and is not acceptable. So many people face prejudice everyday and yet some people just don’t care when they are hurting others. It doesn’t always make sense. Today in America everyone always says that this is the 21st century and that prejudice no longer exists. But it still does. 

Prejudice is an opinion about someone or something that has nothing to prove it and no facts to back it up. 

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:09 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 55

When I was 3 years old I got a dog for Christmas. He was sitting in a red “Santa” hat and my 2 brothers and I were so excited! We named him Seamus which is pronounced like Shay-miss. It is an Irish name and my family is Irish so that’s why we named him that. He  is not like a lot of other dogs for a couple of reasons. He has 2 different colored eyes (One brown and one blue). Seamus is a Boston Terrier but he doesn’t have the same fur coloring pattern as most Boston Terriers. He sleeps for about 16 hours a day. He’s very lazy. He’ll play for about 5 minutes then go back to bed. He’s really funny and he always makes us laugh. 

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

The Best Thing about 6th Grade is…

Some of the very best things about 6th grade is that you have some more freedom. Even though you don’t get to go to the Spartan Store in between classes you still don’t have to be sitting down in your seat working for 2 hours straight. I like the lunches a little better this year and I also like having different teachers. The computers and ITouches are really fun to have too. I never really thought that much about walking in lines and staying in basically just 1 classroom everyday all day. But now that I don’t have to do that I realize how annoying it was to always stand in your spot in line and always be exactly behind the person infront of you. I like 6th grade way more than Elementary. I'm glad I'm in Junior High Now.

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries