Copyright (c) 2014 by MM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MM -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by MM

Article posted May 9, 2013 at 04:15 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 119

I would change the world one little step at a time. I may start with just working with charities and seeing what I have more interest in. With that I will take bigger steps to help out that part of the community. I really hope this will work over the years.

Article posted May 2, 2013 at 04:13 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 68

This article was talking about koalas are dying out. The animals are getting diseases, and the people are saying if the government had started the protection of the koalas 10 years ago they wouldn't be almost extinct. The koalas could be extinct in the next 30 years.

I can compare this to the middel ages because the black plague killed tons of people. I know that people aren't "animals" but the people died from a disease just like the koalas.

[LINK]

Article posted April 25, 2013 at 03:45 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 67

Yes there is a difference. Spirituality means affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things. This means it effects how you act. Religion means the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power. This means just a belief in God or anything else. This shows that there is a major difference between the two. 

If there were no pictures life would be completely different. You wouldn’t remember anything from your childhood. For example, you would not remember that 5th birthday party and who you invited. Another thing about not having pictures is that you would never know what you looked like. Your parents could describe it, but you may not get the correct picture in your head. Pictures are a giant part of your life and you may not even realize it. 

I have learned a lot in this unit. The main focus for my group was daily life in the middle ages. Back then, clothing was very important. The types of fabric you had stated which social class you were in. Also, the length of your jacket represented which social class you were in. Most of the clothing was made from wool. Popular colors of fabric were deep reds and blues, emerald green, bright yellow, and chocolate brown. Women wore elaborate headpieces. This unit was an interesting thing to learn about.

Culture is the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc. Different cultures have different ways of doing things. Some examples of that are different types of art. For instance, America’s modern art is different than that of Africa. African art represents the tribes. America on the other hand has very modern and abstract art. There are all different types of cultures around the world! Some you never would even think of.

[LINK]

The Hunger Games

Paragraph by: Mahlon McLeroy

In the Hunger Games, Katniss learned about how you have to make sacrifices in life and you can’t just think about yourself. One way she showed that is she took care of Peeta when he could have killed her. She also helped Rue. They teamed up and stayed together. This was a very important lesson. In the Hunger Games, sacrifice was a very important lesson. There were some more lessons, but the main one was sacrifice. 

My topic was feudalism. It developed in the middle ages. I also learned that it was very important in early Scotland years. It was a dominant social system in medieval Europe. This term wasn't used very much at all in America. Some people liked this term and some didn't. By the late 1300's this term wan't used anymore. You probably won't here feudalism in a normal sentence anymore. Have you?

*Brittanica School Addtion*

Last year I was at one of my last basketball games of the season. There were 20 seconds left in the game. If one of the girls on my team got the 2 points we would win! We needed this win and then we would be un-defeted! She took it down the court as fast as she could. She took the shot and it went in then came out!!!  She felt SO bad! We told her it was ok, it was only 1 loss but she cried. Finally we calmed her down but I still think that she felt bad on the inside.

I think we should expect the pro. athletes  to be a good role model and not just judge them on their athletic performace. They could be good at the sport they are playing but you want them to be not a good role model. That wouldnt be good. You would want to be a good role model, right?