Article posted March 29, 2012 at 02:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

The Hunger Games

The theme of The Hunger Games By: Suzanne Collins to me was perseverance. When I read the book, Katniss shows great perserverence by helping young children survive. She has a little sister named Primrose and basically She takes care of her. Their mom is in depression because her husband died ( Katniss and Primrose’s dad) in a terrible mining accident. When Katniss is in the games she and Rue (a shy 11 year old) become friends and help each other survive. Will Katniss keep persevering through out this chaos?

My Summery on Battle of Methven

It all started when Robert the Bruce and Comyn were fighting many times throughout the years. They ended up in a church while they were fighting and Bruce stabbed Comyn till death. This is what triggered the battle. Bruce wasn’t afraid to go to war because Edward the first was weak. Now the battle of Methven was between King Edward and Bruce to see who would be the king of Scotland. Eventually England (King Edward) won. This gave England control over Scotland.

Sources:

. "The battle of Methven 1306." Scottish info . The editors for Gazeteers for Scotland, 2011. Web. Feb 1 2012. .

*Lewis, Alan. "The battle." Methven 700. Cairnwell Associates , 2006. Web. Jan 31 2012. <www.methvenonline.co.uk>.

Somerset Fry, Plantagenet and Fiona. Scots will be free . U.S.A: Barns and Noble books inc., 1995. 80-81. Print.

I think we should expect pro athletes to be role models for kids and potential athletes. Every player should not only be a good athlete but also have a good attitude. It is very important for athletes to be good examples because kids look up to them and their behavior.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 09:40 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 36

I think prejudice can be found mostly in schools. A lot of people judge a book by its cover. I think it is really wrong. Everyone should be looked at through their own personality. Prejudice can basically be found anywhere, because people are prejudice.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 02:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

My Goals

This semester my academic goal is to work harder on my wordly wise lessons.To do this I will put a lot of effort on my test and daily grades. This will be “due” at the end of the semester. Also my spiritual goal is to Let God lead me in my life. I will do this by trusting and keeping faith in Him. This will hopefully be completed in two months. My social goal is to make and keep new friends. I will do this by being positive and caring. I hope to reach this goal by 1 month.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 07:39 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 60

Character: Laura Thrash

In the movie “ The girl who spelled freedom” the daughter’s name is Laura. Her parents adopt a Cambodian family of 6. Laura feels great about adopting the family. When the family comes it is hard because they don’t know English. When Laura’s mom gives all her time and effort to the family Laura is upset. Laura feels like her mom is leaving her behind. Laura is jealous of the family. Then she realizes her selfishness and is truly sorry. Then she is very happy for the family and helps out as much as she can. This was a great movie and the theme is overcoming obstacles.   

If I could choose any name…

I would choose Dakota. I love that name because it is unique and special. It means friend and it is American. It is pretty and it is way better than my name. Plus everyone calls me Alexander or Alice but it is Alex. People also think it is a boy name. Dakota feels warm and hopeful to me. I do not know ANYONE that has the name Dakota! I would probably be the only Dakota in my school. If I could choose a middle name with that I would choose Hope. To me it goes good with Dakota.

One day Maggie was playing outside. She was riding her bike. Her parents were in the backyard planting flowers. Maggie is 6 years old and loves dogs. I mean really loves dogs. The air crisp and cool with a little sting of sunshine. It was the beginning of March and spring was just around the corner! Now Maggie has a younger sister and a dog named ginger. Her sister is named Macy and she is just a baby. Ginger on the other hand is a GIANT golden retriever who is kind and loyal. So Maggie was on her bike riding on the sidewalk. Right before her eyes…

How would I design the library in the future…

I would design it with a star bucks in it. Also it would have hanging bubble chairs. It would be white and silver carpet. I would put beanbag chairs and fuzzy chairs in it. I would have a touch screen finder where you type in the book you are looking for and it would bring it to you. In this library students could either choose the chat room where you could talk about your book. Or the quiet room where you could just read. I believe in a library you should have fun and be comfortable. It would be cool to have an interesting environment to read and study!  

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 152

What is Prejudice?

Prejudice is an opinion where there are no facts stated. Like judging a book by its cover. Like when white people judged black people. I think prejudice is wrong because it has no back up. A lot of people are prejudice. That is how rumors are spread. They have no reason to be lying about them. I think prejudice is not a good thing but yet still people act it all the time. Our world needs to change NOW!

Back in the olden days there was segregation. Almost everyone back then was prejudice. Every race was mad with every race! Everyone thought they were right it was chaotic!