Article posted March 28, 2012 at 06:37 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 76

The White Mountains

I just read a book called “The White Mountains” and its theme is never give up. The book is about a kid called Will and he lives in a world governed by the tripods. The tripods have made the humans their slaves. When your 12 there is this thing called the capping and the tripods can control your mind. He is about to get the capping but there is this place called the White Mountains. If he can escape to the White Mountains he will be free. Does he get to the White Mountains? Read the book to find out

Robert the Bruce was born on July 11, 1274 in Scotland. He was the oldest son of Marjorie and Robert, the Earl of Carrick. Robert the Bruce was the eighth male in his family that had the name Robert the Bruce. Robert the Bruce lead his country to victory against England who had taken over the rule of Scotland. Robert the Bruce is the reason why Scotland gained their independence. He died on June 7, 1329. He is thought of to be one of the greatest patriots of Scotland.

Citations

"Robert I, the Bruce." U*X*L Biographies. Detroit: U*X*L, 2003. Gale Student Resources In Context. Web. 1 Feb. 2012.

Ronald McNair Scott, R. (1989). Robert the bruce. (1 ed., p. 94,95). New York NY: Conogate.

"Robert I, the Bruce." U*X*L Biographies. Detroit: U*X*L, 2003. Gale Student Resources In Context. Web. 2 Feb. 2012.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 06:17 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 37

In baseball I was on third base with 2 out.One of our players was up to bat, and we were down by one. He took the first pitch. Than took the second pitch.Then missed the third pitch he struck out and we lost. It must have been a lot of pressure.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:50 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 53

I think we should judge mlb players not by how they perform. I think we should have more role models on the field than good players. It is good to be a good influence. You could be a excelent player but not be a good role model. You should have respect on and off the field.

Article posted January 11, 2012 at 07:48 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 38

At school people are prejudice to some people if they do not look like them. Sometimes of the way they talk or there weaknesses. In other countries people are prejudice of the way people look or if they are not very good at sports. People can be prejudice when other people are not as good at something as they are or if they do things weirder than everyone else.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 02:46 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

My personal goals are I want to turn in all of my work on time and not fight as much with my sister.I also want to make new friends and Get to know God better. I will not make my sister mad and keep her from fighting with me and I will talk to new people. I will pray to God daily and do every paper as if it is for God.

The Watson's Go to Birmingham

The weird Watson's that's what there neighbors call them. Byron is getting in trouble a lot he is joining a gang and doing bad stuff. Finally they have enough and the whole family goes to Birmingham. There intension is to leave Byron in Birmingham with grandma. Will Byron step it up or will he stay.

Masons life is messed up. His father left him and he has a giant scar on his face. One day he is at work with his mom at The Haven of Peace and he sees a mysterious girl. He is trying to help her but what he does not know is that she is no ordinary person. She has been grown … by the Gardener.

In the movie, The Girl who Spelled Freedom, Linn changed from a poor Cambodia girl. She was a slave and she needed a better life. A family called the Thrashes took Linn’s family into there home and raised them. Lin did not know a bit of English, but with the help of Prissie and the Thrash family she ends up winning a spelling bee. Lin ends up on a newspaper. Linn changed so much.

Chapter 3

It was his first hit of the year! The next at bat the same thing happen. The next at bat the same thing happened. It was great but peculiar. Before he went to bed he took the band aid off.

Come sit with me said his best friend. When he got there they started talking about baseball. They talked about the major leagues. Then they started talking about there game. Then he asked peter how his arm was.