Copyright (c) 2014 by CB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CB -- Blogmeister

6th period Spring 2013

by CB

Prejudice means an opinion that has no reason behind it. It is just a judgment that someone makes on someone else. Who says that what they say is true? Some opinions that lead to prejudice are skin color, looks, hair, etc. Don’t be prejudice! How would you feel if someone was mean to you just because of what country you are from? Well, that effect is on others who are teased and bullied. Don’t be prejudice=http://!!!

My academic goal is to be more organized with my work. I will do this by making more folders so I don't lose my work. My spiritual goal is to have God lead me on the way to everlasting life, which is our school theme for the year. I can do this by praying to God a lot. My social goal is to make more friends. I will do that by being more positive because I am usually very negative and that doesn't get me a lot of friends. Those are my 3 goals.

Throughout this movie Laura Changed. Laura was George and Prissy’s daughter who lives in Chattanooga, TN. At first she thought that it was all about her from being an only child. When she heard the family was going to take in a family of 7, she didn’t like it because she thought all of the attention would go away from her. For example, she had to go to a cheerleading competition and she wanted her mom to see it, but her mom was busy taking care of the Cambodian family’s house that fell down. But when she got to really meet the family, she learned how others are much less fortunate than her. She learned to respect them and have a good time with them and share the attention.

Chapter 2

Hold on, back up. You must read my first chapter before you read this because it will make no sense at all. Now back to the story…

Well anyway I do not know when this falling ended because for maybe like a day or two I was sitting (well not really sitting, more like falling) down into something I can’t even explain. You might think that this experience would have been “super cool” or “totally awesome,” but I thought it was totally boring. It was pitch black and I couldn’t see. So if you get the point, falling down was not something of enjoyment. I was just so tired and had so many things going on in my head I couldn’t think about it. Matter of fact I slept for about a day.

Finally, after all this time, I feel ground at my feet, but I’m not hurt at all. Strange… It should have been more like BOOM, CRASH, so hard that I die. But not at all. Just a nice landing.

I look around. All I see are mirrors. I promise you that this is not Alice in Wonderland. Anyway I start looking closely in them. They’re not just mirrors, they are curtains that have a mirror look to them. All of them are like that. Except there are like millions of them. I forgot to mention that this room was as huge as maybe a football field. I guess trying to pick one to go into would be kind of hard.

There must have been like a timer or something for me to pick one because the floor opened up and I dropped about another mile or two down. PLOP! Now this time it hurt. Not a soft landing or anything.

I look around. All I see is all different paths, each with some type of candy. Surprisingly for a 12-year-old girl, I don’t really like candy. It’s just not something I get addicted to like everyone else. But I don’t want to fall into something again. So I pick, (out of another football field length room) the lollipop path.

You can tell that this is the path to take from the other side of the room. These lollipops are HUGE! There are all different colors, shapes, and sizes. It looks like a rainbow factory.

Here goes, I say to myself. I step into the path (which by the way was made of crushed lollipops), and start my first big adventure (which is what I thought at the time).

Chapter 3 

Mmm…. I can smell the scent of candy, well mostly lollipops, all around me as I walk through the lollipop path. All I can see are lollipops, all different shapes, colors, and sizes. I mean it’s HUGE! This place must go on forever. I’ve been walking for like hours already.

Now my knees and my legs are starting to feel like melted chocolate, ready to smooth down on the ground. Plop! I just fall on the ground with nothing stopping me. The smell of chocolate and my tiredness is overwhelming. Zzzzzz………

Ahh! Okay, so now this little person is running around me, jumping on top of me, and screaming at the top of his lungs. How more crazy could this world get, if it is a world or whatever this place is.  Wait a second… this kid, he looks familiar…

“Hi Melissa,” says the kid. I still can’t point my finger on who he is, or why he’s here. (Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you that my name is Melissa Bradley of Chattanooga, TN).

“How did you know my name?” I ask.

“Oh, well…yea, I just do.”

“Well that’s a very good explanation,” I say sarcastically.

“Yea, but I’ll tell you my name.”

“Okay, go ahead….”

“But it’s strange.”

“PLEASE just say it!”

“OK fine.”

“Anytime now…” I say.

“It’s Noremac,” he says.

What a stupid name, I think to myself. I can understand why he didn’t want to say it. Who would want to be called NOREMAC? Not me! My life is just getting crazier by the minute. First my encounter with Joanna, next falling into some world, the mirror room, the candy room, and now meeting this strange kid name Noremac.

“Aren’t you allergic to chocolate?” Noremac asks.

“Umm, ya. Again, how did you know that. Never mind that, you won’t tell me. Anyway, what does it matter that I’m allergic to chocolate. It’s disgusting. I would never even TRY to eat it.”

“Umm, yea, as a matter of fact, if you didn’t figure out already, you are in this place which is full of candy. And one main type of candy is chocolate. So wherever you’re going (and I know this place by heart) you will end up in some place that has chocolate. It’s called The Cocoa Place if I’m not mistaken. So I suggest turning right around and heading out.”

“Excuse me, but I certainly don’t know how to get out of this place.”

“I’m more than welcome for you to tell me.”

“Fine, but you have to promise that you will tell nothing of this place.”

“But I have to,” I cried. “My family will be wondering where I went, and I can’t just make up a story for them.”

“It’s okay. The time you spent in here takes up no time in the real world.”

“Okay, I promise not to tell.”

“And if you do… well I won’t tell you because you won’t like to hear it.”

“Is it something bad going to happen if I do?”

“I said I wouldn’t tell.”

“Fine.”

“Okay. Now you need to get a good night sleep and rest up. We have a busy day ahead of us,” Noremac said.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 02:06 PM GMT0 • comment (8) • Reads 63

It’s Thursday night. I’m walking home from basketball practice that’s right down the road from my house. I’m about to go crazy right now because it is like the most interesting, crazy, and the best day of my life.

So anyway all these thoughts are running through my head about

the day, my life, and anything else that is as great that I can think of. First my day started with running into my archenemy, Joanna, who always has a reason to tease me. This might not sound even close to a great day, but because of this is why all the events happened after. Anyway, she kept on talking about how she was going to win her basketball game and that there was no reason even to try so much that I just had to start running away. Tears were running down my face I was so mad at her. She had no reason to say a peep about my team when we are so much better.

So now I’m running through the school yard and the tears were now streaming down my face. I can’t see anything. It’s just a huge blur of water droplets.

That’s when I thud into something much, MUCH larger than me. I scream, except I can’t scream. I’m being pulled into something much larger than me. I’ve never felt this feeling before. I’m just tumbling down, down, down…

How would I design the library of the future?

My dream library would be HUGE! There would be big, squishy chairs that flipped back to be a bed. Each person had their own little room that kept you away from all of the noise. In your room you had an enormous iPad that you could search books with. When you found your book, you would click a button and the book would come in a slot to your room. You wouldn’t have to go out and search for the book, or even get out of your chair. The library would have an unlimited number of each book so there would always be a copy that was available.

For food there would be another iPad in your room that you could use to pick out any food you wanted, candy, popcorn, a full meal, etc. Again, it would just come right out to you on a conveyer belt.

In your room you would have a controller that you could steer your room around to everyone else’s room. Then you could talk to other people or have snack breaks with your friends. You could talk to other people about your book or read with a friend.

I know this type of library won’t happen soon but someday in the future if we had it, it would be so cool=http://! ☺

If my name could be anything…

If my name could be anything it would stay the name I have right now. I like my name the way it is. My name means a beautiful girl, who is smart and independent. It is a great meaning for my name and I would not want to change it. My name is somewhat unique and is not usually other girls’ names. Some other names that sound good and that would fit my personality would be, Autumn, Crystal, May, April, Melissa, and Madison. They are all pretty names.

What is prejudice?

Prejudice is judging someone by external features, not internal features. What that’s basically saying is that you judge the person by what they look like, and not what their feelings, thoughts, and their personality. It’s like judging a book by its cover. For example, if someone thought that Martin Luther King was bad just because that he was African-American. On the inside though, he was a great person.

Prejudice doesn’t have to be about the color of someone’s skin. People are prejudice in other things, like teenagers. Some adults think that if a there was a car wreck, a teenager did it.

Using prejudice is something that we should not do. It makes people feel bad even if they didn’t do anything. After a while you will regret what you have done and you will feel even worse inside.

Anyway, we shouldn’t use prejudice ever. It would be best for everyone if there was no prejudice in the world. To stop the prejudice in the world, all it needs is for one person to start the chain reaction. When people see others getting along and not judging each other, they will start to do it too. It contagious! It’s like when someone laughs, you start laughing. Start the chain reaction, don’t be prejudicial!

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 119

My story is….

What is my story in life? I started as a little baby, very quiet (surprisingly) although loving to hum. I mean LOVING to hum. I would hum almost every minute of the day, reading, walking, playing, and even to help me fall asleep.

After a while though, when I was about 5, humming was just not my “thing” anymore. At that age I enjoyed playing with my cousins Jacqueline and Michael. I called them J and M. J right now is 12 and M is 11. I would insist on playing with them every day almost.

Then when we got about the age of 7 we started to fight and didn’t want to play with each other any more. Instead at age 7 I would play computer games because, well, I don’t know why. At that age I guess they were just fun and something to do. I wasn’t really ever in the mood to play with anyone, or act like a little kid.

At age 10 I was almost at the age I am now. I was becoming more mature and not just a little kid any more.  I started playing competitive sports and had tons of homework. But even though I was becoming more mature physically, I was also becoming mature spiritually. I started a bible study and was actually trying to get closer to God. I found that growing closer to God makes you feel comforted, and there is always someone you can lean on.

Now I am 11, almost 12. My story has gone great so far, but I still have a long way to go. I know that if I keep my relationship with God and I grow closer to Him, that I will have a great life and story.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69

The best thing about 6th grade for me is the ability to have 7 different classes. I love having a new teacher to listen to and look at. All of the different teachers I have also have a different type a teaching style, which keeps me focused. I don’t like looking and learning from the same teacher every day because after a while it starts to get boring. Also, we get to switch classes by ourselves and not in a line behind a teacher where you have be quiet and straight. The independency is wonderful; we get to prepare ourselves for later on in our lives when we are living by ourselves and have to pick up after ourselves. Switching classes also lets us catch up with our friends and our texts. It gives us a break from learning so we are not in the same classroom for a long time. I think that switching classes is important so it is great that we have the ability to do it.

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries