Copyright (c) 2014 by CB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CB -- Blogmeister

6th period Spring 2013

by CB

Article posted August 28, 2011 at 06:21 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 64

The best thing about sixth grade is changing classes. From the variety of teachers and personalities, too just lockers and being around different groups of kids, I love it all. I need a change of scenery to stay focused and seven changes is perfect. I also love the different perspectives from my teachers and classmates. There are many great things about sixth grade, but changing classes reins above all for me!

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 46

The best thing about sixth grade is…………………

Humanities! Humanities is my favorite class so far.  I love all mythology and art, and that is the basics of humanities.  My second favorite is media literacy, then LA, next is Math, and then Social Studies and Science (those two tie).  I always run to lunch, because 1) I do not have PE currently; 2) I like it; and 3) I want to get there before the line gets long.  I am getting less and less out of breath each time I run! Yay! I love to run, and I know it is good for me, even though from the JH building to the cafeteria is not that long.  I love school, even though some nights I am overloaded with HW.  Once I can though, I get right in my bed and fall fast asleep.  It makes me feel better in the morning, when the whole schedule just starts all over again. :)

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

The best thing about 6th grade for me is the ability to have 7 different classes. I love having a new teacher to listen to and look at. All of the different teachers I have also have a different type a teaching style, which keeps me focused. I don’t like looking and learning from the same teacher every day because after a while it starts to get boring. Also, we get to switch classes by ourselves and not in a line behind a teacher where you have be quiet and straight. The independency is wonderful; we get to prepare ourselves for later on in our lives when we are living by ourselves and have to pick up after ourselves. Switching classes also lets us catch up with our friends and our texts. It gives us a break from learning so we are not in the same classroom for a long time. I think that switching classes is important so it is great that we have the ability to do it.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:35 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 49

I think the best thing about 6th grade so far is the fact that this is a Christian school. At my old school we weren't allowed to pray, wear things that show our faith, or even talk about our religion. I think it is soooooo cool that I get to go to a school that encourages Jesus instead of outlawing Him like I'm used to. I just think it is sooooooo awesome to be able to go to a Christian school.

I also like that we get Mac books. I think it’s really cool that we get computers to work it’s really different from what I’m used to. I’m having sooooooo much fun in 6th grade so far=http://=http://=http://!!!!

Article posted August 29, 2011 at 07:06 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

The best thing about 6th grade is;

We get our own lockers, have lots of more freedom to move around. I think I have longer recess period compared to my old school, in fact I didn’t even have recess at my old school. I like that we have different subject and that we can change into different classes. The facility is very big. We worship GOD here, and most of the stuff here is technology.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:36 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 54

The best thing about 6th grade is the freedom. We have so much more freedom. 1. We don’t have to walk in lines. 2. We go 99.99% of the places we go by ourselves. 3. Our teachers don’t walk around and tell us to be quiet and stop walking around at lunch. 4. If you get here early you don’t have to go to the lunchroom you can hang out with your friends.

Another thing I like about 6th grade is some of the new students. I will name a few that I have already befriended. Troy, ( he is kind of creepy like me) Alex, ( she is fun) Mahlon, (she is just awesome) etc. I try to befriend all of the new students and make them feel welcome here. So that they don't feel left out in any activities or anything.

One more thing I like about 6th grade is the lockers. You don't have to leave anything in your classroom for anyone to even think about stealing my things. I have a locker to put my belongings in. I won't have to worry about anyone stealing my things unless they know my locker combination. Which probably won't be a problem because I know how to get my locker open in a matter of seconds.

The last thing I like about 6th grade is the MacBooks. It so much easier to carry around than a HUGE stack of books. Also it is easier to do homework on. Because papers can easily get lost, but if you have your work on your computer it can't get lost unless you have "kernal panic". Even then it does't get lost unless you didn't save your work.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:32 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 44

The best thing about 6th grade is that we get a Mac book it is very cool that we can do are homework on it and we can do all our projects on it to. I love having a IPod touch to do some work to. The lunches are great at this school. P.E we do a lot of fun stuff like we played hockey this week and it was so much fun.

I love being able to pray and not get into trouble or being embarrassed. The bible class is very fun. There are so many things I like about GACS.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:41 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 45

The best thing about 6th Grade is…

I like having lockers. Is cool to have your own personal space that you can decorate.

I also stay more organized with a locker.

Also I LOVE the freedom we get. I really enjoy how we get to go places without a teacher tracking our every move. I like having a chance to go places that fit my schedule.

I also enjoy our electives like Drama. We play a bunch of games that help us act better. He is such a great teacher. He has been teaching drama for 30 years!

In addition to that I like Discovery it is study skills that keep us organized in our daily classes. Which helps me a lot. On Wednesday’s we get to do our homework and study for 45 min.

I also like how we can listen to music to help us concentrate. It helps me focus and get my work done much more quickly.

I love having Mac books they are much more easier than carrying around textbooks.

The technology advance is way cooler than lame textbooks.

!

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:37 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 48

The best thing about sixth grade is...... everything!!! You have more freedom, lockers, and electives! The lunches are a lot better, too. You also have a whole new schedule and have to switch classes every period, instead of just having one teacher all day. It's tough but a lot more exciting! You have a lot more homework and assignments to keep up with since you have a lot more classes, but if you keep up with your work and don't procrastinate, you can finish all of it in time. You also have a better chance to have a class with one of your friends. In elementary school, I was never in the same class with my best friend. This year, I have two classes with her!!! Once you get into sixth grade, you just feel older. You feel more mature. You feel like you can do anything you want to do.  

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 47

So far in my 1st year at GACS my favorite part about it is that we get to worship God. Last year I went to a public school so we could not all worship him. I feel so much more love to God already! Another thing that I like is that I get to make way more friends. Everyone is so nice and welcomed me so nicely. I have met a lot of people and it’s only the 3rd week of school! All the teachers and staff are SO nice too. EVERYONE here makes me feel so welcome and now it feels like I have already known all these people. Already in the 3rd week of school I feel welcome and I bet in the next month I will know every single girls names! I can’t wait for this school year! I think it will be one of my favorites!

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:29 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 48

The best thing about 6th grade is the food we have for lunch it is a lot better than the Village and Elementary food. The best thing about 6th grade is that we have a lot more freedom. The best thing about 6th grade is that we have a lot less textbooks. The best thing about 6th grade is that we get Macbooks. The best thing about 6th grade is that we can go to the Spartan Store alone in the mornings now. The best thing about 6th grade is that we are in the Junior High. 

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:27 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 46

The best thing about 6th Grade is…

One of the best things is that we get more freedom than we ever got in elementary school.  Also, lunch is much better that it was in elementary school.  I also like having a Mac.  It makes homework much better and I feel like it helps me focus better.  I also like being in a different class every period.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:33 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 44

MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT SIXTH GRADE SIXTH IS THAT WE GET MORE FREEDOM.  ALSO WE ARE IN A FUN BUT VERY EDUCATIONAL AREA. WE ALSO GET TO WORK ON MANY THINGS LIKE MATH AND MY OTHER FAVORITE SUBJECTS. 6TH GRADE IS MY FAVORITE GRADE BECAUSE ITS MY FIRST YEAR IN JUNIOR HIGH AND ITS JUST A FUN PLACE TO LEARN. I LOVE 6TH GRADE.MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT SIXTH GRADE SIXTH IS THAT WE GET MORE FREEDOM.  ALSO WE ARE IN A FUN BUT VERY EDUCATIONAL AREA. WE ALSO GET TO WORK ON MANY THINGS LIKE MATH AND MY OTHER FAVORITE SUBJECTS. 6TH GRADE IS MY FAVORITE GRADE BECAUSE ITS MY FIRST YEAR IN JUNIOR HIGH AND ITS JUST A FUN PLACE TO LEARN. I LOVE 6TH GRADE.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 41

The Best Thing about 6th Grade is…

Some of the very best things about 6th grade is that you have some more freedom. Even though you don’t get to go to the Spartan Store in between classes you still don’t have to be sitting down in your seat working for 2 hours straight. I like the lunches a little better this year and I also like having different teachers. The computers and ITouches are really fun to have too. I never really thought that much about walking in lines and staying in basically just 1 classroom everyday all day. But now that I don’t have to do that I realize how annoying it was to always stand in your spot in line and always be exactly behind the person infront of you. I like 6th grade way more than Elementary. I'm glad I'm in Junior High Now.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 42

The best thing about 6th grade. There are a lot of great things about 6th grade like the freedom, having better lunches, and a bunch more. What I like a lot about 6th grade is that you have a lot more freedom than in elementary. Like you get to walk across campus by yourself and you get to hang out and talk with your friends while you’re in the hallway. What I also like about 6th grade are how many more opportunities you get to do things, like choose your classes and even make more friends that maybe aren’t the same gender as you. What I also like about 6th grade is that you get to use more electronics and you get to learn in a different way.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 02:29 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 38

I think that the best thing about 6th grade is the freedom that we have. In Elementary, we didn’t have much freedom. We had to follow the teacher or get into lines. But that’s over now. We don’t have to walk in lines, we don’t have to follow a teacher to class, and we have LOCKERS! I’ve been looking forward to lockers all through elementary, and it’s finally here!!! I feel a lot older than I did in elementary. 6th grade is probably my favorite year already!!! All of my teachers are great! (especially Mrs. Osteen) 6th grade is great!!!

Article posted August 29, 2011 at 07:58 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

What I like about 6th grade is that we don’t need to be in lines unlike in elementary another thing I like in lunch we don’t have to be quiet for five minutes I like how we can eat lunch. I like the better food in the Jr. high like pizza. Another thing is the Mac and iPod touches it is a whole lot more work than Elementary I like the

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 51

The best thing about 6th grade is that we have so much freedom and we get to use Studywiz and Mac Books. I hate to be walking in lines everywhere and then your teacher says you have to quiet in the halls and blah, blah, blah! I also like the lockers because whenever I have a project due, I can always put it in my locker until I need to turn it in. I love whom I have for my teachers. They are very nice and funny. I think this will be a very good year.

The only thing I don’t like about 6th grade is the truckloads of homework I have! Just let me tell some things I have for homework. I have a vocabulary practice for social studies due September 9th, science vocabulary practice due September 13th, 7 papers for social studies due September 9th, 14 papers due for social studies due September 19th, and there is more but I figured you didn’t want to hear the rest. As you can see, 6th grade can be really or really easy, it can be boring or it can be really fun.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 43

The best thing about 6th grade is that we get a lot more freedom. We are not directed to our next class but we are trusted to go where we are supposed to go. In Elementary we usually had to walk in a line to our next class but now we have to remember where we are supposed to go and when we need to be there. Another good thing is that after school we figure out where we are going to meet our parents or decide where we want to go or where we need to go. In Elementary we always had a teacher leading us to where we needed to go, but in Junior High it is totally different. We also get to choose some of our electives. I chose Orchestra and that is my favorite subject in school right now. So I guess the best thing about 6TH grade is Orchestra for me. I also think it is cool that we have seven different classes. I also like how each and every one of us has our own personalized schedule and most of them are not alike. So, you get to have a lot of different classes with a whole lot of different people. So far I have made a lot of new friends. I have made friends with people I didn’t really know last year and I have made friends some new kids. I think it is cool how many new friends I made this year. Another good thing about six grade is that when we do the magazine sale and if we meet our goal before it starts we get to where any decent kind of clothing like jeans and a T-Shirt (flip-flops too!!!) I cannot wait for the magazine sale to begin this year. I hope I do really well. I also like that I have actually managed to open my locker. It is a whole lot easier now.Those our the best thing about 6th grade.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:15 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 44

One thing that I think is the best thing about 6th grade is all of the different classes. I like walking to different classes, but sometimes I have to rush because my classes are far away from each other. I like talking with my friends on the way to different classes. I also like that we don’t have to walk in lines to classes.

Another thing I like about sixth grade is lunch. I think that lunch in Junior High is better than Elementary lunch. I think in middle school you have more variety. I like that at lunch, there is no red cup. I also like the Snack Shack, and that you can go every day of the week. I like that you can get pizza and pretzels whenever you want.

Another good thing about 6th grade is that you can go to the Spartan store without a parent. I can go get breakfast or a snack after school. I also like that you can be anywhere on campus from 7:30 to 8:00. I think I will like 6th grade.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:18 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

One of the best things about sixth grade is that now you have more freedom. Now that you’re in middle school, you don’t have to walk in a line. You’re free to walk the hallway wherever you want as long as you make it to class before the bell. You also get a locker now, which is great because you don’t have to put your stuff in the back of a cubby with everyone else’s. And you get to decorate it however you want. You also get to talk the whole time during lunch (no more red cup! Yay!), and sit by whoever you want in your homeroom. They also give you more options in the Cafeteria.

Another great thing is the laptops. No more textbooks! Everything’s online. This means that nobody can write on it (which some people did last year) or draw on it or rip it or do anything bad to it. I also like that you can check your grades and assignments online, because you get to see what you got on a test before you get it back. And the best part is that you get to personalize it! Sure, you can’t watch movies or do iChat, but you can change your desktop background, email, change your dashboard to make it fun, put fun keychains on your case, and play games as long as it’s not during class.Another great thing is that we have great teachers and fun assignments, like the scrapbook project and silhouette project for language arts, the science fair project, the social studies little books, and all kinds of things on Word and Powerpoint. My favorite project so far was the silhouette because we got to express ourselves through a collage, which is art, one of my favorite things in the world. My classes are great, and I especially love Language Arts, Art, and Media Literacy. I like language arts because we get to do all sorts of neat projects and assignments while learning, and it gives me good grammar tips that I can use in my books if I had incorrect things. I love Art because drawing is one of my favorite hobbies, and our teacher is really nice and is really good at showing us how to draw and paint certain things. I like Media Literacy because it’s a small class and three of my good friends are there with me, and we learn a lot about technology, which is another one of my favorite things.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:18 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 44

The best things about 6th grade are the lockers, the snack shack/ lunch, the freedom, the electronics, and the mission trips.

I enjoy having a locker instead of carrying all my things around or leaving them in on room. I also customized my locker so that it represents me. I put up comics as wallpaper, a mirror, and my schedule, even magnets that look like chewed gum.

Another cool thing about 6th grade is the snack shack. Unlike elementary school were we had ice cream once a week. We have the snack shack everyday. I like all the choices we have to eat. And the soft pretzels. I also like the choices in our juice we could have. Apple, apple papaya mango peach, peach tea, raspberry tea, fruit punch, and water.

I also like all the freedom. We don’t have to walk in straight lines. We don’t have to be quiet in the halls. Its fantastic.

Another thing I like about sixth grade are the electronics. We get MACS and iPod touches. It is awesome because all our work is digital.

One more thing, I like is mission trips. I like being able to go out of the state and share the word of God with people who don’t know him. When I go on my first mission trip I fell like I’m helping people get to heave and have better lives.

Sixth grade is amazing!

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 43

I love it when I have classes with devo. It is both entertaining and inspiring when I ask questions and receive answers. I’ve never had a more interesting class than when we take class time to learn about God.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:21 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 49

We have so much more freedom. In between we don’t have to walk in straight lines. In the forum coming back from chapel you have to get to your class on time without any ones help. Also when we go to lunch we can get up and get a drink without asking. It’s so different than elementary.

Also the MACS it’s so much easier with them you can save things to your computer and not have to worry about it until it is due. Also when you don’t understand something you can just go to studywiz and check. Also you can email your teacher at any time. In elementary you had to email the teacher when you got home and sometimes your just waiting for something to finish and you can’t do your homework. But you can with MACS. It is so much easier than in elementary.

Third is the lunch. It is so good you can get lemonade juice and more drinks. Also the snack shack has good desserts for after lunch. You can get ice cream, brownies, and XL cookies. The food is good to. Every day you can get pretzels, bagels, salads and chips.Lunch in junior high is the best

Last are the lockers. We are allowed to decorate the inside. Also you can keep everything in there and no one can steel things. I love seeing everyone’s different locker decorations. I love the lockers.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

The best things about 6th grade are…

Third is the lunch. It is so good you can get lemonade juice and more drinks. Also the snack shack has good desserts for after lunch. You can get ice cream, brownies, and XL cookies. The food is good to. Every day you can get pretzels, bagels, salads and chips.  Lunch in junior high is the best

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:15 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 49

The best thing about 6th grade is all the freedom. We can walk around and do stuff on our own. I also like how the lunch is better this year then last year. I like having a locker. I like not having my one desk and filling it full of junk. I really like being able to talk in the halls while we are walking to different classes. I think that many students agree with me. I like not having to where sports shoes every day. I like all my teachers. I like getting more fresh air by moving around campus. I like how i'm making more friends because I have more classes. I like getting my own computer. I like getting my own Itouch. I like making my own decisions. I like going to the library on block days.  Umm I enjoy reading and I like being able to go to the library and check out a book. I like using the library to print stuff. I love how my locker is so near all my friends.  I like 6th grade orchestra better then last year’s orchestra. I like going to Chattanooga and I love all my roommates. I’m excited about seeing ruby falls. Hmmm this year is going to be fantastic.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 40

The best thing about 6th grade is being able to go to the Spartan store and being able to go places without a teacher or parent. I like being able to go to the Spartan store alone and whenever I want to. I like being able to walk around campus without somebody because I didn’t like to wait for my mom to pick me up or have her watch me wherever I go. Another thing that is good about 6th grade is changing classes. I like this because I didn’t like sitting in one room for 2 or 3 hours. If we sit in room for 3 hours then we get bored and wont like the class. Also a great thing about 6th grade is having a Mac Book instead of books. Books are heavy and there are many of them. On our Mac Book’s we can do every thing online without all of the books and paper. One of the best things about six grade is lunch because we have a lot more choices of food and the food is much better than the food in the elementary. The cafeteria also has the Snack Shack. 

Article posted August 29, 2011 at 07:30 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 50

The best thing about sixth grade is our independence and the great teachers we have what’s cool about sixth grade is that we have privileges like getting to go to lunch by ourselves, and we don’t have to get into a line but there’s also some bad things about sixth grade, like there isn’t PE every day and we have a lot more homework from last year, but sixth grade is still awesome and we have Macs which are really cool and is really different from other schools and the elementary.

6th grade is also really cool because we get a really good lunch we get chips, cereal, good drinks, and even soft pretzels ans I get to sit with my friends because one of them is in the homeroom that sits right next to me, and I sit across from the other one. Another thing that makes 6th grade cool is that we get lockers, and we can go to the school store after school so we are a lot more independent.

Another good thing about sixth grade is that we have the best teachers and the classes are great too I haven’t had one class where I just thought I hate this class. The only thing I’m worrying about is smorgage board and the big projects in vocabulary.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 47

The best about 6th grade is everything. You have more freedom in 6th grade. You have a locker and you can decorate any way you want too. Switching classes can be tough though but you get the hang of it after a while. My favorite thing to do is in the mornings when a couple people are there, you can chat with your friends who come early in the quad or by your lockers. I love 6th grade but you have a lot of tests and you have to study really well to get a good grade. 6th grade is awesome because now your old enough to go on some of the mission trips. They have a lot of trips that you can go on. We also get to go to Chattanooga, Tennessee. 6th grade is a lot easier than I thought it would be, but it is still the beginning of the year so I don’t really know what it is really like. I also like having freedom but with freedom comes responsibility, so if you don’t use it the way it is supposed to be used you will lose people’s trust and it will be taken away from you. The best part about 6th grade is the new friends you make and lunch if you bring money you can go to the snack shack. You can get brownies, ice cream, mentos, cookies, and much much more. Also one more thing do not go to the Spartan store between classes you have five minutes in between each class but it is best if you just go ahead and get to your class there is nothing wrong with being early to class.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:11 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 45

The best thing about 6th grade is the freedom. I like having freedom because I am very independent. I like having different teachers to walk to and run around campus, just because I like chaos, but not in a crazy way. Freedom has a meaning. It means to be free, rather than confinement. I also like having a locker instead of a hook. I like having my own space to put things where I want instead of having to deal with other people’s stuff. Another thing is that in the mornings I can go to the Spartan store, go in the quad, and basically almost do what you want to. I find it that 6th grade is easier than I expected because people said it was really hard.6th grade is much more different than 5th grade. I like that we can go on Mission Trips because I think its fun to help people and have fun with friends while doing it. I also like being able to sit where I want to, although for lunch and chapel we have to, but otherwise we can sit where we want to. However, freedom is nice but you have to know the responsibility part of freedom. An example is if you know you only have 5 minute in-between classes don’t try to go to the Spartan store because you know you wont have enough time to run there and run back. Make sure that you are loyal to friends so that you can keep them. I also think that it is important to participate in praise and worship, because we as humans think of so many other things beside God sometimes that that’s the only time that you can connect with God.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

The best thing about 6th grade is having the freedom to walk around the school to every class instead of being in one class all day like in elementary. I really like being able to go around campus to all my classes. I also like not having to walk in straight lines anymore. I hated walking in straight lines with a strong passion. We would walk two steps and then we would stop and have to make our line perfect and then we would walk two steps, blah blah blah. But now we don’t have to do that anymore. YAYYYYY!  I also really like the cafeteria’s food. I love the salads with chicken and the pears and peaches and others fruits, and I really like the Snack Shack. My favorite thing there so far is the Little Debbie Zebra Cakes with the frosting filling. I think that is really good. I also like not having to carry around textbooks anymore, even though having our assignments online is a little hard for me to do. I also like doing Photo Booth in between classes. The cool thing is the weird effects you can do to your face. It is funny to see all the weird faces you can make. Also there are many more opportunities to grow spiritually and connect with God. In elementary we didn’t have the chance to go on mission trips and do all the stuff we do in chapel. Now we have cool bands come and to me it feels more fun to worship with music, because music is pretty much my life, with band and marching band. I also really like normal music too and now that is connected with worship I think it is really fun. I also like having lockers where you can store stuff so you don’t have to carry everything around with you. I have two lockers including my locker in the band room. I really like 6th grade so far.

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:17 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 46

I love the freedom that we get and that we get to go to the Spartan Store. I like that we have different classes and that we don’t have to stay in one class the whole day. I just really like 6th grade and I like the nicer teachers. I like the Macs that we get they are so much better than carrying around a heavy book bag to all of our classes. I like that we do most all of our work on the Macs I typing out stuff rather than writing it down. I also like the work it is more challenging than 5th grade. I like how in 6th grade that you get to learn more about Jesus. God and Jesus are awesome!!

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:13 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 56

One of the best things about sixth grade is the freedom. We can go to the Spartan Store with out a parent after school, we don’t have to walk in lines, and we can talk during lunch.  I am a very independent person and always hated having to walk in lines when I saw sixth graders walking in bunches with their friends.

Another thing I love is that we have Macs! They’re awesome! We barely even have to write anymore. We take most of our tests and assignments online so there’s no need to keep up for papers, which is something I had trouble doing last year. My books were so heavy I nearly fell down every time I tried to take a step. Having a Mac eliminated that and I love it.  

Also the food is great. We have pizza probably everyday, Snack Shack, and humongous cookies every Friday.

Plus we have lockers! I had trouble opening mine at first and practically hated it but now I love it. I don’t have to carry my bulky book bag around with me anymore. It was always full of books and made my shoulders and back feel like they were dying.

I also love changing classes it makes me feel so grown up. I always wished that I could change classes when I was in fifth grade and couldn’t wait.  Even though there’s a penalty for being late, I was thought it was cool to change classes because the older kids. I used think I would hate all that walking from class to class, but I actually kind of like it.

I also love most of our homework can be done on a computer. I always had trouble keeping up with my papers last year, especially homework papers. I would forget almost everything. But with my Mac I can look on Study wiz and see what I have to do.

The thing I have most about sixth grade is that I am actually in the Junior High building I have wanted to go to school in the JH building for a long time. I got bored of elementary because I was in it for five whole years and couldn’t wait until I could say I am a sixth grader and I’m in middle school.     

IN one word- I LOVE sixth grade

Article posted August 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 46

The best thing about sixth grade is…Bible because I like to learn the memory verses. I also like to learn about all of the bible characters.

Media Literacy because I like to learn about how to protect myself from cyber bullies. I also like to learn about new computer techniques. 

Math because I like to learn how to do new problems if they are explained well enough.

Science because I like to test things and find out how they work. I also like to learn about the earth.

Social Studies because I like to learn about the ancient worlds. I also like to learn about all the inventions that helped create modern-day objects that we would not have without them.

Art because I like to do different art projects. I also like to learn different art techniques and improve on others.

Language Arts because I like to be creative in our writing workshop. I also like to learn new words and study them in Wordly Wise.