Copyright (c) 2014 by Waitahi Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Waitahi -- Blogmeister

It's all about me

Super Seniors

We are a class of Year 6,7 & 8 students, aged from about 9 years old through to 13 year olds. We live in a small rural community in the North Island of New Zealand. We have a fantastic school where we are offered lots of fun and challenging learning experiences.

by Waitahi

teacher: Lynda Bullock

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 08:45 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 85

In Term 2, week 8, Thursday Lake Rerewhakaaitu School arranged a Talent Quest. We had 8 weeks of preparation, we had to audition to make sure our act was reasonable or better. If it was reasonable the people who got that marking would have to make it better, luckily me and my group Ariana and Claudia, got a great. Any way we still had practice. The day had come and we had our costume and dance moves already. Anyway I was ready the other acts were ready and the audience was ready so the MC started the show. There were about 15-20 acts and all of them were great, some of them were awesome and we were all amazed. There was no prize in the end and it turns out it was only a show. So that when we do it again there will be more participants.

Article posted August 6, 2011 at 04:48 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 46

The past term gone[term 2] we have been learning kapa haka.

Kapa haka is a maori dance with a maori song with it. The haka is a chant to scare unwanted visitors.

Our goal is to enter a cluster festival and hopefully win. But if we don't it would be a great experience.

In kapa haka we have learnt the maori vowels , how to sing as a group, and we have learnt new songs. We are very powerful singing to a guitarist, I feel like I finally fit in.

Thank you to our Kaiako [ teacher ] Grant also known as Matua Grant. Our Principal Mrs McGee who arranged Matua Grant to teach us.

Maori is my place.

Article posted June 8, 2011 at 08:25 AM GMT+11 • comment (1) • Reads 120

Previously on Tour De Wellington

We have been in the studio, we bought our tickets, and now we are on the the bus but this time i'm writing it without the host.

"Wow that was a great sleep but I wish it would be just a tiny little bit longer" I said to my bunk buddies Lily, Roxy, and Miley. As I got dressed every one was in the dining room and as usual I do get there last anyway I finished my honey puffs and washed dishes, after that I packed my lunch and then off to the bus, oh and did I mention there are 25 children and and 7 parents and last but not least 2 teachers altogether there are 34 people staying in top 10 holiday park at lower hutt for one week, meaning it would cost up to about 4532 dollars well enough about were I stay, lets go on to the bus to Te Papa. But first we will stop at the Lower Hutt to catch a train to Wellington there our bus driver called Ricky will pick us up and then drop us off at the entrance of Te Papa to eat mornig tea just before we go for a orientation in our parent groups. As we walk up the escalator we go to the second floor and then go toilets, and after we have a meeting to make sure what the rules were and where our get lost gathering point was where our teacher would come and get us or check there just incase we are there, anyway you get the point.

Article posted June 8, 2011 at 08:24 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 38

"Hello and welcome to Tour De Wellington with your host Wamith Jamith."......"Umm this is when you clap and scream like crazy."......Whoooooo Clap Clap Clap Whistle "Thank you thank you"Wooo now lets get our ticket for that bus."

"Well that was a peice of cake, now is this thing on, testing TESTING, opps sorry too loud. Well first we are going to Te papa were we will be spit into groups, then Parliament, and after that we will finish the day and have a relax in Upper Hutts finest swimming pool, H20 XTREAM." YEAH " wow I didn't know how many people like H20 XTream so much."" Well we do" yells a child from the back seat of the bus.TO BE CONTINUED. DAN DAN DAAAN.

Article posted June 8, 2011 at 08:21 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 44

Finally, school has finished, it is the end, or has it just started? You know the horror, or am I just imagining this, but surely I wasn’t. Straight away, once I even had a mile second in the property dad had come out and said “Ten minutes eating and then jobs.” ... THE HORROR, jobs, after school, that is a night mare, great, nice going, I thought to myself.

[Ten minutes later]

“Waitahi do the kitchen” “but dad nearly every dish has icky gloop” “no buts just do the kitchen or your doing your room losing six hundred points and cleaning the stinky toilet.

Don’t argue with my dad it is like an ant fighting an ant eater.

Hiya i'm Waitahi and my favorate thing is alot of things like netball, basketball, playing online, whatching movies, girly stuff, and stuff like that. I like my school at Lake Rerewhakaaitu and have been going here for just under a year, last year I was a yr 5 so what yr am I, thats right 6. thank you for reading.