Copyright (c) 2014 by Ariana Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ariana -- Blogmeister

***ARI***-

We are a class of Year 6,7 & 8 students, aged from about 9 years old through to 13 year olds. We live in a small rural community in the North Island of New Zealand. We have a fantastic school where we are offered lots of fun and challenging learning experiences.

by Ariana teacher: Lynda Bullock

Article posted November 25, 2011 at 08:25 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 73

Article posted November 23, 2011 at 06:31 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 39

Full of nerves and excitement waiting for the first event for the 11, 12 and 13 year olds to begin. Vortex..... The whistle of the vortex flying through the air made me even more nervous. Then it was my turn to throw! Swish it flew through the air boom and landed 25meters my throw won!

Our next event was Long Jump. My first jump, 3.20 for a while my jump was winning until Waitahi got 3.36 and Kaitlyn jumped a spectacular 3.30 so for this event Waitahi won this round Kaitlyn came second and I came third.

Competing athletics was a nerve racking experience especially since I moved up a level and was still getting used to the completion. I had lots of fun and I am so sure everyone else had lots of fun to!!!

Article posted November 22, 2011 at 10:27 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 40

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 09:38 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 46

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 09:22 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 41

Kapa haka

Term 3 week 5 working so hard to make this perfect and one move can ruin it all. It is time for our Kapa haka performance. Watching all the local schools doing their performances made me even more nervous. Then it was our turn! Our first song E Toru Nga Mea sounded great. Haere mai sounded even better. Kaore Te Aroha this was the song we struggle with once we finish I was proud and I hope everyone else was too. Utaina our favourite song we put a lot of kaha into this song. Sung through the actual song twice and then went into the haka it was amazing the applaud that was awarded was stunning. Finishing off was tenei matou and then our performance was over leaving the stage and thanking Matua Grant and Whaea Martha this was a great experience!!

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 01:50 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 41

My family felt the tension as the ball was kicked off to start the game. I was surrounded by the people I love mum, dad and Shylah. We knew how much this meant to not just us but the whole of N.Z. watching this amazing event. Tackle after tackle it seemed as if the All Blacks were going nowhere. Then turn over and the ball was kicked by France back down in the All Black territory. More tackles in play but a try was awarded by the referee to France. The whistle was blown to represent half time. At this time I was getting more nervous and worried. The second half had started. And about 10min in we were sitting on the edge of our seat witnessing All Blacks first try by Tony Woodcock the whole stadium got to their feet and cheered and cheered but unfortunately they missed the conversion. Now the score was 7-5 to the France team. I know we were still in the game to win the cup!!Now the France team was so close to a try but dirty play was seen by the referee so a penalty was awarded to the All Blacks will they get it? Yes! Yes! It was over8-7 to the All Blacks. If the All Blacks keep the ball in play for 5 more minutes then we win. The All Blacks did exactly that and we won the game!! I was proud because we won the R.W.C. and also relieved because the All Blacks had won against France and because the R.W.C was over. We didn’t celebrate in a special way unfortunately but it was fun witnessing the rugby games.

Article posted August 4, 2011 at 10:20 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 38

Bang! The squash ball hits the wall of the court. The eyes of the spectators look like the beady eyes of an eagle watching upon his feast. The Racket swings fluently hitting the ball rebounding it back to the wall and about to target the next player. The squash ball is as soft as a sponge about the size of a rock but makes the sound of a man pulling the trigger on his gun. It speeds from one side of the courts to the other finally the ball goes out. Tired and hungry exhausted and thirsty but they still ran after the ball speeding as fast as a cheetah. As rested my eyes on the extraordinary players rebounding the ball sliding around the courts like they were an ice they were playing like pros. As the game ended the energy died down we slowly packed up and headed home.

I think this is a good piece of writing because I use similes to describe how the players are moving.

I also used a 2pair sentence to tell how they are feeling.

Article posted June 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 41

After exhausting hours of driving and the windy roads that seemed like a rollercoaster we finally arrived at the Awakeri hot pools. We stumbled down the old creaky ramp wondering which pool we were going to jump in first. The steam was like a blanket that came out of the hot blistering pool. “Beat you in” I heard my two friends scream and the groans of mum and dad sounded like a monster creeping into a sizzling pool tiring to relax. This was just the start of my incredible adventure.

Article posted June 2, 2011 at 03:05 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 41

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Article posted March 22, 2011 at 06:24 PM GMT+11 • comment (1) • Reads 43

Creeping towards the gate of the arena. Every step I took I grew more nervous. Until finally I entered the arena. Dad asked me " are you ready " "are you ready" " yes" I responded. He let Archie go. He ran to the first barrel turn!. we were running to the second barrel another hard turn and now we were running fast to our last barrel. Zoom! we passed the timers. We have a new leader I heard over the loudspeaker by three split seconds. 16.93 and 16.96 was the difference. This was my first experience of winning a rodeo.

I love animals I go horse riding everyday I play netball on Saturdays or I go hunting