Copyright (c) 2014 by Bright Sparks Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bright Sparks -- Blogmeister

Glitter Words
Room 2
Hi everyone we are a composite class in New Zealand. We love God, learning and sport! We hope you will check out our blogs and see all the wonderful learning we are doing.

by Bright Sparks

Sea World - Animal bytes
Young People's Animal Facts
Sea World - Animal bytes
Animal Game
Amazing animals + games
Simple Machines Quiz
Edhead and the Simple Machines Game
Simple Machine Definitions
Wicked
Grammar Ninja
Communication Ideas
Hangman
Mihi atu, mihi mai - meet and greet
Biographies

Article posted October 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 3794

Article posted October 13, 2013 at 03:42 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 201

Term 4 2013

Hi Parents/Caregivers

Welcome back to term 4! Where has the year gone? We hope your child/ren have had a good break and hopefully you have enjoyed the change of routine too! The following is a brief outline of what’s in store for us this term.

We will continue with the Biographies of famous people. These are the people that we consider to be inspirational. We will look at the habit of mind intelligences that helped these people to be successful. Ultimately we want to apply these good habits of mind to our lives. Mrs Korenhof and Constable Maree will be looking at making choices as part of this topic too.  We are planning a day trip away (to Rotorua), later this term to celebrate the learning we have done during these units.

Numeracy topics this term are: Fractions, Geometry and revision for our numeracy testing.

We will be conducting reading, spelling, written language and numeracy tests over the next four weeks. Attendance at school will be very helpful in getting all our children tested and our National standard data completed on time. Homework will include some activities to help the children revise for these tests. Plays, persuasive writing/speeches will be our literacy topics this term.     

Homework will continue to be the usual weekly activities given out on Monday and due in on Friday.  Spelling is part of the homework (see notebook), along with Mathletics and reading.  I will thank you in advance for supporting your child/ren to do their homework and to bring both their notebook and homework book signed on Friday.  This means it can be checked and tested on Friday. It takes the pressure off us to try and it done on the following Monday.

If you have any queries or suggestions I would love to hear from you. Your children are awesome and we just love teaching them in our beautiful new school.  God is good!

God’s richest blessings and favour

Teresa Dunn

Article posted September 8, 2013 at 01:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 216

Article posted August 13, 2013 at 08:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 266

Article posted July 21, 2013 at 05:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 204

Article posted June 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 248

Hi Team,

Seen any good movies lately? I have been wondering what movies you have watched lately and thought it would be neat to share them with everyone. Tell us about a movie you have watched. Include the following:

1. The title

2. The main character or characters in the movie and something about them

3. A bit about what happens in the movie

4. Why you liked or disliked the movie and give it a rating out of 5. One being not worth watching to        five being a must watch!

Here is an example I have done for you of the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

This movie is about a likeable inventor called Flint. Unfortunately his latest invention accidentally destroys the town square and rockets up into the clouds. It looks like his inventing days are over but all is not lost. His contraption actually works! 

I like this movie because it encourages us never to give up and has a happy ending! Sorry if you didn't want to know that bit, but I totally dislike movies with sad endings! This movie also funny and light hearted. Just what you need after a hard week at school. The animation is great too.

This is a movie everyone will enjoy. I give it 4.5 stars

Have you seen this movie? Leave a comment. (Give your reasons too).

I watched 

Article posted May 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 197

The above is a photo of a group of very fortunate, room 2 children, on their Moutohora Island (Whale Island) trip. A BIG THANK YOU TO DIVEWORKS, Mr and Mrs van Dusschoten, for taking us. More blog entries on this trip to come. In the meantime here is an update for term 2.

Hi everyone,

Well, we are in our new room! What a fabulous space for our learning to take place in this term. God has truly blessed us yet again.  I hope you have all enjoyed the two weeks with your children home.

You will notice we are keeping track of our homework in an exercise book this term. The main activities are spelling, 10 minutes reading and mathletics to be spread over 4 days or as suits. It will be checked on Friday. Please sign it, to verify the homework has been done. The purpose is support the core subjects done at school. Some activities will just involve completing some unfinished work.

Numeracy topics are addition/subtraction, algebra and multiplication and division.

Written language is descriptive writing and blogging. Reading is comprehension and identification of various language devices.

Communities of the World is our topic. How do we identify people as belonging together in other parts of the world. We may start Science if we have time this term. How are we alike and different? Mrs Korenhof will continue to take PE, Health and Bible.

The children have enjoyed our library visits. Our first one for this term is on the 14th of May (week 2) at 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Please let me know if you are available to help transport the children there and back. We have one book outstanding from our last visit: The Wind and the Willows. Please keep a look out for it.

We submit ourselves and our plans to God, for His divine guidance and wisdom.

May God bless you and guide us all in our roles as parents and caregivers of His precious children.  May we all be good shepherds. Amen.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards

Teresa Dunn

Article posted March 7, 2013 at 01:00 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 172

Our school had the privilege this week of being part of the Hospice community. We were invited to sing to them during a remembrance ceremony.

Article posted December 10, 2012 at 07:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 247

Try out these activities. They look like they will be for the younger members of our class but fun anyway. Just click on this:

Navity

Article posted November 25, 2012 at 05:05 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 108

This week your homework is to add your opinion using your persuasive writing skills. Remember it is important to state why you agree or disagree. Please proof read and edit your statements. This is a great opportunity for you and your parent or caregiver to have a say about our prize giving this year.

Just click on this link:  wallwisher. Once you are at the wall double click on it. A sticky note will appear. Just type in your say. Name it with your first name only. I look forward to hearing what you think about this matter.

2013
LEARNING LINKS
Leavers

Hi I'm the blessed teacher to have these awesome students in my class. I have been teaching for just over 20 years now and I am still learning! God is so good! May you be blessed every time you come to visit our blogs.