Copyright (c) 2014 by T Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
T -- Blogmeister

Troy's Blog

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by T teacher: Derek Milloy

Article posted June 28, 2011 at 03:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 201

While watching the movie "Young @ Heart",I learned a lot of great things.For example,follow what song your heart wants. Whether it's old or new, quiet or loud, slow or rock. You should not care what other people say.

Also, I also learned that show must go on. Whatever happens, just continue the show. Never give up, don't let anything block you to success. That is what the characters did in the movie, they never gave up. They showed their passion in music by never giving up. Though they made some mistakes they just ignored it, i think they are a great examples.

Article posted May 2, 2011 at 04:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 86

Last April 27, there's a one woman circus visited in ouyr gym and taught us how to balance things like feathers,  plates on a stick and ourselves. In balancing feathers, we learned that we should concentrate so that the feather won't fall. We balanced feather in our hands, feet, and even finger. In balancing a plate on a stick, we should spin the plate and put it on the stick. We should balance it on our hands, or anywhere you like. We knew that balancing is important and its not easy. You need to concentrate to balance things. We do balancing in most of our activities like riding a bike, carrying things or even  standing. In riding a bike, you should balance carefully so that you won't fall. Carrying things need balance, too. The thing you carry should be even. If you didn't balance, it may lead to mistakes , fall, or even accident. So, you hould focus on what you do and make sure your  balancing cafefully.

If your responsible of something, its your duty to look after it. We ar all responsible of ourselves, and our things. As we grow up, we need to be more responsible in more things, like our family, our children, our work and our own life. When we our young, we are not responsible enough to do it. Sometimes we need our parent's help. But we still need to be responsible enough so that when we get older, we dont need our parent's help anymore. Sometimes there are situations that we are lazy to do our responsibilities. For example, arranging your room and reviewing your lessons for e=tests. There are times that we are too lazy to arrange our rooms,but we should do it because if we don't do it, we are sleeping in a dirty and unorganized room. It's your fault and we are the one who suffered. In reviewing our lessons for our tests, sometimes we don't review or even read our lessons. ut if we don't review, we can't answer the questions on the test. We are getting a low grade or we might even fail. Our parents will be mad at us. In my examples, we should realize that irresponsibility has it's own consequences. We should be responsible so that we can achieve our goals. Responsiblity is important in out lives.

I'm sure a lot of people my age dont listen and like the musics I like. All of people are different in many ways. One of them are likes and dislikes. All of us likes different things such as music. Some of themlikes our music, some of them don't like it.

When a song is sung in a television or in a radio, became a jingle of some commercial and became popular and won many award, the song and the singer will be famous. It means the people love its the song. It maybe the lyrics, the catchy tune or the meaning of the song.

Besides products being sold, movies and television shows are also being advertised in internet and tv. It also has it's own jingle.

Article posted March 22, 2011 at 03:28 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 73

We are starting using blogs in our class for our assignments. When I Knew thta we are using blogs, i think of the reasons why are we using it. I think of some advantages.

First advantage is we are reducing the consumption of paper. We are using blogs instead of paper, and it helps reducing cutting of trees, one of the BC's main resources. Second, it helps us to do oyr assingments always. Because the other students dont like to do their assingments because they want to play computer games first, but now they can do their assignments in computer. And lastly, it helps us to decorate oyr blogs the way we want. It also helps us in our spelling. When the red wavy underline appeared, it means your spelling is wrong.

Comments are one of the greatest thing that we ever had as bloggers. The readers of our blog are our inspirations. When they comment and suggest something, we immediately edit our blogs to make it better.

Blogs are one of the coolest thing in school history!

Article posted March 5, 2011 at 02:30 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 882

Charles Macintosh - Great inventor of raincoat, do you even know him? Me too at first I dont know. I am reading a book about inventors and I saw his name and I am confused. Who is this inventor? His invention is so useful why dont we know him?

Imagine a world without raincoat.It was raining so bad and your walking from school to your home. You dont have an umbrella, what will you do? Raincoats are so useful in our lives. I am ashamed that I dont know Mr.Charles Macintosh. A book is really useful, because of it i can know great people who are not recognized.

Raincoats are water proof clothes that protects you from getting wet. Its very useful especially when its raining.

Thank you Mr.Charles Macintosh, your invention is very useful to use especially in a rainy weather.

THANK YOU!

Science Resources Uses and Conservation

#1 TURKEY

Purposes:

a)Food Purposes -Chefs make turkey meat to make a delicious recipe

b)Defense Purposes -Indians use Turkey to make defense instruments

c)Clothing Purposes-Indians make turkey feather to make wedding dresses.

Conservation:

a)Finish your food!

#2 SALMON

Purposes:

a)Food Purposes –Chefs Make salmon into different recipes.

Conservation:

a) Finish your food!

#3 COPPER

Purposes:

a)Electrical Purposes –Copper is used as electrical wires to generate electricity

b)Industrial Purposes –It is used to make different things like coins.

c)Transportation Purposes –It can use as wiring to generate trains and electrical automobiles.

Conservation:

a)Conserve energy!

b)Be careful in your things!

Science Resources Uses and Conservation

#1 TURKEY

Purposes:

Conservation:

a)Finish your food!

#2 SALMON

Purposes:

Conservation:

a) Finish your food!

#3 COPPER

Purposes:

Conservation:

a)Conserve energy!

b)Be careful in your things!

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 80

WE WATCH THE YOUNG PEOPLE,S CONCERT YESTERDAY, FEB 22. THEY ARE A GREAT BAND. THEY ARE PLAYING INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS SITAR, VIOLIN, AND DRUMS THAT SOME OF US HAD NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE. THEY SING INDIAN SONG BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM INDIA. ALL OF THE MEMBERS PERFOM ENTHUSIASTICALLY AND DO A GREAT JOB. WE ALL HAVE FUN IN THEIR SENSE OF HUMOR. WE LOVE THE SONGS THEY SING.ALL THE STUDENTS ENJOY THE BAND.THAT BAND IS THE BEST!