Copyright (c) 2014 by T Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
T -- Blogmeister

Troy's Blog

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by T teacher: Derek Milloy

Title: Refelctions on the movie Terry (10/14/10)
Description: After watching the movie about Terry Fox, reflect on what part(s) of the story were most powerful to you and write about it. Rather than retell the story, SHOW readers how YOU made connections to it. What did YOU think about? How did it make YOU feel? Why?

Article posted January 12, 2011 at 02:45 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 299

Basket ball is fun and a good sport. I was in volley ball but now volley ball is finsh for now :(. I've been in basket ball for almost 2 weeks now. From the 1st week I learn how to do a lay up and learing how to shot better. I am so use to go to volley ball and when the ball comes to me i try to hit is like a volley. When I try to hit it like a volley I'am like in my head what am I'am trying to do kill myself? The 1st practies for basket ball was on Tuesady in the morring was at 7:15 I was in a rush that i forgot my shoes so I had to run baer feet. It hurt alot we did lots of lines lines are when we go from a line and touch then go to the next line then keep on going. Well if you try out for basket ball have fun and be safe! it is easy to breack you fingers of sprin your ankel.

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 05:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 98

I watch Terry Fox movie a week ago and it was a good movie, i like the story. It makes me sad because he was diagnosed with cancer. He ran all over Canada that made him popular. People after knowing his cause started donating money for his cancer research..

Article posted December 2, 2010 at 05:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

i felt sad when i herd that terry fox had cancer in his lungs. he ran and ran and ran he was so tired.the carectars were terry fox dug and other peaple that i forgot what there names were.well bye

Article posted October 14, 2010 at 04:34 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 53

In my class we watched a movie. It was the best and probaly the only movie of Terry Foxes whole life. Well since the movie was made about Terry the movie was named Terry.

In this movie there were sad, but also halirous parts in this movie too. Like when Terry was trying to get some sleep, Doug Alward (Terry's Best Friend) kept on snoring out very Loud! When Terry's brother Darrell came over to Terry to help out he made have more fun. By like stealing a police men's hat.

The most sad part was when te cancer reached Terry's lungs. Everyone in Terry's family was terrified than ever! I was also very sad. I mean when someone is trying to get a better a better future for you and you see them close to death, how would you feel? Scared, sad, awful, right? But, I think Terry died happy. Because he said,"If I die right here right now, I'll die happy. Because I 'm doing what I want to do."

So, atleast Terry followed his heart.

Well, I hope you follow your heart too. But now a diffrent story realated to Terry: Recently a cancer pacient, Amy came to our school and said she had the same cancer as Terry. Guess what! Her leg never got her leg amputated. They stuck little metalparts in her leg. The cancer even reached her lungs, but they cut out the half of one lung. So the rst of the lung thought Gee, more room! Let's grow some more. And eventully, she is cancer free!

Article posted October 11, 2010 at 11:24 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 136

Hi, my class watched a movie called “Terry”. These are my reflections on the movie “Terry”. In the beginning some key events that I felt connected to were when Terry Fox started his run; lots of people doubted him, including himself. The way I connected to that is when I’m in cross-country meets I always doubt myself and think I can’t run the whole kilometer, but in the end I always finish the race. Another question I had was why Terry was doing all this running, and not just, he was pushing himself to the next level and raising his own expectations. I also felt that Terry was punishing himself because he did not take a single rest until the designated area he was suppose to stop at. It was pretty inspirational for that boy who came up to Terry whom Terry gave his shirt to because he was also going through the same thing as terry but he was only around 12 years old; and he was just as scared as Terry about chemotherapy and getting his leg amputated. It was sort of cool when the waitress of a Newfoundland restaurant said “There ain’t a week go bye without someone saying there gonna go across the country on a pogo stick or something else, most of them don’t even make it to the next town” but at the end the restaurant people gave him some money.

In St. John’s on a ferry Terry made his own reflection on the money he raised in the last city; he raised approx. $14,000 in a town of 14,000, and there became his dream of raising a dollar for every Canadian. In the middle of Quebec a girl came up to him and said “My mom has cancer, but because of you she has hope and might survive.” It was sad when Terry saw a newspaper article in a Vancouver paper saying Terry rode the van across Quebec when he clearly didn’t; I think Terry felt really mad, frustrated, and angry after he saw that article, so he phoned the writer right away and started to yell and also started crying.

When Terry got into Ontario the money started pouring in, thousands of people started showing up for his run, I found that Terry started to become happier once he entered Ontario. It was inspirational when Terry telling the girl scout that if you try your hardest in anything, you’ll always succeed. Then in the middle of Ontario I made another connection, when Terry was going up Montreal River Hill, it seemed so hard to go up that hill, it reminded me of the last bit of the kilometer in cross-country. It was cool when Terry met Bobby Orr because he Terry’s idol but then Bobby Orr said he was excited to meet Terry. It was inspirational when Greg, the boy who’s leg also got amputated because he was 12 and he was going through the same thing as Terry, he also biked and swan with Terry. Then came the day when Terry found out he had cancer in his lung, I felt sad, Terry probably felt disappointed. He went back to Port Coquitlam, then did treatment, then training. He went back to Thunder Bay where he eventually died, it was very sad. Terry has now raised more than $400,000,000 in his name. These my reflections of the movie “Terry”.

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 70

Terry Fox is a man who gave hope and love to canadians and people all over the world.Terry was hurt because when he went to the hospital for a check up the hospital was going to one of the hospital rooms as the were going to the room they past the children section of the hospital. The first thing Terry though was I got to stop cancer. He  saw a magazine and saw a man running thats when he said "I can run across Canada.". Terry Fox made me belive that I can do anything if I belive.Terry the mvie made me have many emotions I felt sad, happy,shoked,and scard,I thought that it was impossible but it's not if you belive,and that's my reflection on TERRY FOX

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 08:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 52

I think that the characters were amazing people and though the real Terry Fox is dead already, the actor who played him did a great job.

The movie itself was sad, emotional and probably a great inspiration. M y favourite part was all the interviews, as it gave us a chance to see what the actual people looked like today.

I also think that it was a good idea to put those original photos way at the end.

Article posted October 29, 2010 at 04:11 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 48

This is my Terry Fox Reflection.I had just gotten the news that my favourite teacher got cancer it was so sad at first I couldnt believe it. She got cancer in her lungs and she went to a doctor right away because she new something was wrong and Terry Fox helped billions of billions of people who had cancer and all of them children because it hurt him alot and he found out people way younger then him had the same thing .He is a hero to alot of people. The miracle of hope was a miracle thing and he did something nobody thought was possible but anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Article posted October 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 55

I thought Terry Fox was an inspirational man. He made me very emotional because it reminded me of Terry’s real and whole journey across Canada.

Even though it’s not the real Terry in the movie I can still picture Terry Fox doing all the things the movie shows. All the people that they show in the movie diagnosed with cancer is not even half the people that Terry Fox helped. All along the way Terry has put smiles on so many people’s faces.

Even though he didn't make it all the way, he has done so much for other people. The actor playing Terry Fox was so good that at some point in the movie I thought he was the real Terry Fox! Some parts in the movie made me realize that I am so lucky to be here and not have cancer like other people.

I felt sad when terry had cancer,but i was also happy that he had a dream that every canadian would donate 1 dollar for cancer reasearch,and he did! the characters in the movie was terry fox his friend doug and more people.   Bye!!

Article posted October 20, 2010 at 09:44 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 46

I think the movie Terry was sad and amazing because of how far Terry ran and how much money

he raised for cancer reacherch. The movie Terry

was also surprising when i her all the food he orderd.

The movie was very sad when Terry died and he was so close to the end.

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 95

When I watched Terry Foxes movie, all I can say is “it changed me.” Usually when we talk about Terry Fox at the beginning of the year, and every time we did, I thought it was boring. But when I watched and observed his actions and his thoughts, it made me think about the people that died from cancer, and I realized how hard it is to get cancer or se a relative or a friend having cancer. I would never think about Terry the way I did before.

Article posted November 30, 2010 at 05:40 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 150

Terry fox ran across the Canada, to raise money for cancer research. He ran across Canada with only one leg. No matter what challenges he faced he never gave up hope he just kept going on. The part the made me cry is when the doctor said to terry that he was going to have to stop running because he had lung cancer. But he didn’t, I was so amazed because I don’t think that anybody could run across with only one leg i hope one day there would be more people like terry.

Article posted April 11, 2011 at 01:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

Terry Fox was a young man who had cancer in his right leg and they had to amputate his leg to get rid of the cancer but it didn’t work the cancer returned.  Year’s after his death people decided to make a movie of his Marathon of Hope.

In the movie people said he didn’t have a chance of crossing Canada but he didn’t listen to them he just went for it. He ended up meeting lots to famous people even the prime minister and then Terry got sick the doctors found that the cancer has returned and has spread to his lungs. Terry was sent back to his home in B.C.

I would give the movie a 4.5/5  

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 01:25 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 186

Hi there! Fabbiha here,and I'm here to share with you my reflection on the movie Terry. At the beginning of our school year we always talk about Terry Fox, the man who ran almost all the way across Canada, but it gets really boring after a while, not that I think hes an uninteresting person or anything, but really, who would want to hear the same o story all over again at the beginning of the school year, like I mean come on, schools supposed to be fun, not boring. I thought this story was absolutely BORING! until the now. At school we actually saw a movie based on Terry. I felt 3 things, sad, mad, and amazed. So would you like to read my reflection with a little bit more detail? If you do, then great! and if you dont then... you still have to read!

My reflection on the movie

We were watching a movie called Terry. This movie really made me happy, but frustrated at the same time. I bet Terry was feeling the same as me angry! because Terry knew that he ran all the way, and so did his parents, the doctors, and all the people that he met on his way, but there was one person who thought he didn't! It was the newspaper man, and like always he was doing his job, the same boring stuff, when suddenly Mr. Dishonest

wanted to write that Terry was running a little bit, and the rest he was sleeping in the van! and he thought that it would sell if he printed that on the news paper. And it did sell, ALOT! The next day Terry read that same news paper, at that point he wasn't angry,not at all, he was FURIOUS!so he called that news paper dude, and yelled at him, Terry even cried over the phone, he was shouting so loud that the people all around him were staring at him like he was some kind of an alien.

But Terry didn't care what the news paper man thought, or what anyone else thought, all he cared was that if his friends, his parents, knew what the truth was. So Terry kept on running.... when he was around his 500th mile, he was feeling very dizzy,thats why he took a small break. And this is exactly what he said to his best friend, Doug."If I died right know, I would die happy, atleast I would be proud that I raised over $700 for those children with cancer.

Well, I dont know so much about terry fox, but I do know that he was great person, and I am sure you know that too! Terry Fox stopped his run at thunder bay, Ontario. The worse part of the movie was when Terry died. I was very glad that I had the oppurtinity to watch that incredible movie. Now I can hear the same boring, I mean the same awesome story all over again! so I hope you enjoyed my story. Bye bye, se ya later!

At last that boring old story became the best, heart touching story i have ever seen in my little life.

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 55

Hey! this is my Reflection about Terry Fox hope you will like it:

Terry Fox Reflection

While I watched the movie I felt that the actors in the movie act really good. The acting makes the movie look more real and it makes me think that the movie is real, that it is the real Terry and the real Doug.

I think that the moments in Ontario were the most happy and pretty, because everyone had known Terry and all the people cheer him and ran little bit next to him. That makes me feel happy for a moment and it makes the movie is happier, and easer to Terry.

When Terry ask the hockey player why did he quit and how it felt like when he decided to quit, I thought that maybe Terry wants to quit or he think he won’t make it until the end. When Terry had the speech in Toronto it is just make my thought more real because he said that; “if I won’t make it…” to me that sounds like he thinking about quit or not sure if he strong enough to finish it.

Best friends are staying together, so was Doug. Doug was Terry’s best friend. He was standing next to Terry all the time, he cheer him up and helped him. Even when it gets hard Doug was there supporting and helping. He waited to Terry every mile with glass of water and some oranges. He was there for Terry until the very end. That is a true friend.