Copyright (c) 2014 by Brianna B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brianna B -- Blogmeister

1st Period

We are 7th graders from a rural school district in Northeastern Pennsylvania. We will be blogging this year on the macro-concepts of conflict, resilience, relationships, and change.

by Brianna B

teacher: Rita Spila

Blog 4 04/07/11
Blog 3 04/04/11
Blog 2 04/04/11
Blog 1 04/04/11

In the beginning of the book Among the Hidden, Luke and Jen didn't really know each other. Then in the middle of the book Luke and Jen met each other and started becoming friends. Finally at the end of the book Luke and Jen became very good friends. They just talked to each other because they had in common that they were both third children. That is how the relationship of Luke and Jen changed in the book Among the Hidden.

In the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, the relationship is between Bruno and Shmuel. They are friends. That ties into the book Among the Hidden because Luke and Jen are friends. In both books they have to keep their friendship a secret. Luke and Jen have to hide their friendship because they are both third children and it's illegal to have three children because the population police will come and take them away. The example from The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, is Bruno and Shmuel have to hide their friendship because Bruno wasn't supposed to be friends with someone over the fence. Those are two relationship and how they are related.

My text-to-self connection is with the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. My relationship connection is between Bruno and his mother and me and my grandfather. I am doing this relationship because we were both close and lost the other member of the relationship. I lost my grandfather due to cancer. Bruno's mother lost Bruno because he and Shmuel ran into a gas chamber and never came out. That is the text-to-self connection I have in the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

In the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, the relationship is between Bruno and Shmuel. Their relationship is that they are friends. I know this because Bruno had friends back home but when he moved to his new house he had no friends. The conflict is that Shmuel and Bruno were killed in a gas chamber. This affected their relationship because they both died in the gas chamber. That is one of the relationships in the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.