Copyright (c) 2014 by tennisgirl22cp Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
tennisgirl22cp -- Blogmeister

Caroline's Page!!:)

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by tennisgirl22cp teacher: Rob Jacklin

Title: Ted-Differences (02/02/10)
Description: Write a response to the Derek Sivers, "Weird, or Just Different" TED Talk.

Our class just watched a really cool video by Derek Sivers. The video was about how most things that you find in tjis world that are true their opposites are most likely also true

Today we watched a TED video by Derek Sivers. I think that it was interesting and I nevr thought of things like that before. I figured that everything was the same or close but actually it is opposite. I think that it isdifferent and the video was interesting.

http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_weird_or_just_different.html

I think it is cool how doctors in japan get paid when you are feeling good. In our country they get paid when you are feeling bad. I agree because the statement is true.

So we just watched this video from TED. It was a video by Derek Sivers. He seems like a very smart guy. He pretty much summed up that we all have different opinions and different ways that we do things. Most people probably think that the way that they think is always right and that there is no other way of doing it, and its not true. There are so many different ways of doing things that no one can even imagine it, but I guess no one will ever know every opinion.

I  watched a TED video about Derek Sivers. He was telling us that things may seem weird, but they are just different. I agree that some things that are in the world are true, but just the opposite may also be true. Just because it seems weird to you, doesn't mean it can't be true somewhere else.

I think the video had a good point about names and was funny.

',%20'_blank',%20'width=325,height=200,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,location=yes');void(0);">Podcast Play
">Podcast Download

Watch this video.

I thought this video was kind of funny. He really was able to draw the attention of his audience be making things more interesting by making you figure out what he is talking about.

I agree that directions or anything in other countries will be different because the people and other cultural activities are different. Other people may think another country's ways are weird, but it may be the best way for people to live.

We watched a video from the TED confrence today. The video was about how India has names of blocks and we have names of streets. It was kind of interesting to see what the other side of the world does when they name off their streets. The meaning of this was to say that for everything that we do, there is an opposite that can also be OK to say. I agree with him because everyone has their own way of seeing the world and everyting in it, and all of those ways are right. If you want to check it out, click on the link below.

[LINK]

We watched a video today during technology it was about the opposite of things.  The meaning of this video wasthat there is always an opposite of something

I think that he has a good point, and is sometimes right. I think that if you are disagreeing with someone else about something you could be both right. Just like your favorite sport everyone could have a different opinion and it doesn't mean that either sport is better than the other. This video specifically is talking about places not in the USA they could have a different opinion or way of thinking than us but that doesn't make them wrong. One example was places while we might name the streets, Japan names the blocks in between the streets. Just because it is different from how you do it does not make them wrong they just think differenly and have a different opinion on it. Also like if you come out of a movie and your friend thinks the movie was really bad, while you really liked it. Neither of you are right or wrong you just do not think the same about it. But, in math when you are doing a problem there is usually only one answer. Like 2+2 is always 4. So just like the examples there is two ways of thinking on this video. Some people think it is right and others might disagree, but that does not make it wrong or wright people just have different opinions on it. So while you may believe one thing someone else in the world might believe the total opposite.

Here is the video, so you cansee your opinion on it.

Watch this video

I thought this video was interesting because he talked about different places in the world and different things that we think all around the world. Like how we do things very different and some things are the same. Like how we even organize how we label blocks and streets differently. I thought this video was pretty cool.

">embed> Today in technology we watched a Ted about a guy who talked about how differences aren't weird there just different. I think he is right because somethings that are regular and simple o us, when we see something different our response is WEIRD!! But to that person it is not weird its just regular. So really everything is just different not WEIRD>

We watched this Ted video in class. I think it is true what he says because the examples are eye opening. I never really thought of that the way he introduces this way of thinking.

We just watched a Ted video called "Weird or Just Different". I think it was funny because these are things we would never notice or be aware of!!! I agree with how he said that all things that are true can also be true as the opposite. Just turn a map upside down!! Funny, true, but also weird!!!

Here's the link to the video! Check it out, it's really cool!!!

[LINK]

We watched a video about how the opposites might also be true. There was this guy who asked a chinese guy  about he street name and it was the opposite of what we have in america  it was weird but interesting. Here is the link to the video. ( I don't think I descried it enough)

We watched this video about assuming things. It was very intersting becasue it said if something is true the oppiste may also be true. Also in Japan they don't have streets they have blocks also they number the houses in the order they were built; so I guess it's true you do learn something new everyday.

1. One of these videos deals with hardware and the other software, can you tell which is which?- You can tell because in one of the videos they tell you.

2. How would, or how have, these technologies changed the way that we interact with machines (computers)?- They would change because it would be a touch screen instead of a regular computer.

3. Where do you see something like this being useful in business?- I see it being useful because companies can use them to get ahead of everyone else.

4. How do you see something like either Photosynth or the Multi-touch device being useful in the church? How could you see either of these two creations helping to Spread the Gospel? They can spread the gospel by interacting with everyone.

I think what Derek Sivers is saying at that you should never assume your way is the only to do things. You should be open to others ideas. That not only others ideas can be right but that exact opposite of what you think may be just as logical. I think this makes sense because people are not always right so other people's ideas are acceptable to.

The TED video that my class watched today said that in Japan they didn't have street names they had names for blocks, such as, block 18 or block 24. They also couned houses by the order they were built so sometimes the numbers would be out of number order. Here's the video:

Watch this video.:)

Our class watched it today during class. Its pretty interesting and it also has some really good points. :)

I think the the video had a interesting a point, it was interesting to watch because it showed a point because not many people think that way. I agree with the man's point because other people in the world have a very different point. I think his point is not the difference between Japan and the U.S. but that there ia always a different way to look at things, even the things that seem really obvious, such as street names instead of block names.

TTFN

This video said that if something you believe is true, the opposite might also be true.

I thought this video was pretty funny and cool.  And I do agree with the idea that something can be different some other place in the world.  one reason i agree with and like this video is that when the video did end it sort of left you just sitting there with a thought of couriosity on your mind.

I think the coolest thing Mr.Jacklin showed us in the video was the Razor blade computer. Its cool because the keys change on different game styles. I think the Razor blade was the new technology for this year