Copyright (c) 2014 by Kathryn Kamrud Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kathryn Kamrud -- Blogmeister

Kathryn's Blog!-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by Kathryn Kamrud teacher: Rob Jacklin
Dr. Bieber 04/11/11
My favorite book(s) 04/01/11
My Blogging Standerds 03/30/11
03/09/11
USGS 03/08/11
Google Earth Street Veiw 03/02/11
03/01/11
Random Facts 02/24/11
The Puppies Plead 02/23/11
Sunny Weather 02/18/11

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 01:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 192

Hey guys!

So I am not sure if you are a JB (Justin Bieber) fan or not...but this is his new incredable song called "Doctor Bieber". Its so cute, just like him. Pretty much the song is about curing the "bieber feaver" that many girls around the country, no world, have gotten "sick" with. It's just a fun song that he and some of his friends made for the many JB crazy girls just like me! Hope you like it,

~kathryn

Some people have been asking me what my favorite book is, so in this blog I will answer your question.

Truthfully the anwer is that I don't really know what my FAVORITE book is because I have enjoyed many great books. Just so that you don't walk away today not taking anything from this blog, here is a list of some books (that varry in difficulty) that I have really enjoyed reading over the past years that you should check out...

.Chains

.The Last Dog on Earth

.Penny from Heaven

. A Dogs Life

.Where the Red Fern Grows

.Watership Down (tHe bEsT bOoK eVeR!)

.Forge (the sequal to Chains)

.The Plaqe Dogs

.The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

.The Wizord of Oz

.Every Soul a Star

.Runnaway

.A Dog Named Kitty (WARNING-this book has a very bad ending!)

.The Kind of Friends we Used to Be

.The Trouble With Cupid

.Sheep

.The Garden Of Eve

.Bad Girls Don't Die (just a little bit creepy...)

Those are just a few of the many great books that I have read over the past years. And like I had said before, these books are all really great, but some varry in book levels according to the grade that I read them in. (but that dose not mean that the book is not as good!) Thanks sooooo much, please read all of my other blogs, comment, and tell me what topic I should right about next. 

~~~Kathryn~~~

Hey guys, this is "my blogging standers" glog that I made on Glogster EDU just the other day. To put it simply, this is a list of standerds that I made for myself. Please comment and tell me if you think that I need to improve on anything, or if I am doing a really good job at something. I wont be affended at constructive critisisum that you might give me, so feel free to tell me if I do a really bad job of spelling. ;) Thanks soooooo much,

~~~Kathryn~~~

fadfasd

The song "Sweet Swee Sound" by Sarah Reeves is a beutiful song that I love. "Sweet Sweet Sound" was one of the songs that the 5th & 4th grade coir sang during chaple the other day. This week was LSW (Lutheran Schools Week) so every day we could dress up in things other than our school uniforms, that was fun. On Monday we got to dress up as our future occupation, Tuesday was dress up as your favorite bible/story book character, Wednesday was "Sunday best", Thursday was "Cambodia te-shirt" day, and Friday will be cougar spiret day! It was a really busy week and so far, it has been really fun. We have chaple every day this week, so we get to miss some of our first 30 minute classes! Tell me what you wore for any/all of the dress down days, or please comment and/or give me some new ideas on what to blog about. Below is a video from youtube of the youtube video "Sweet Sweet Sound" by Sarah Reeves (With lyrics). Thanks,

~~kathryn~~

I just learned about using the USGS website for recording earthquakes onto google earth. Here is the link so you can cheack it out for yourself. 

Google Earth's "street view" can be very helpful, but could there be bad aspects about it too? When using street view you can zoom in to see an actual picture, taken by a satalite, of the area you want to look at. It can be helpful, for example, if you wanted to go somewhere and you knew the directions but couldn't find the place because you didn't know what it looked like, you could go onto Google Earth's "street view" and literally "walk" through the streets and get a good idea of where it is. But, wouldn't it be hard to go all the way home just to do this? You could just do it before you left, but what if you forgot to check? These are all questions that you are going to have to answer your self, according to your own kneeds. Google Earth's street view can be very helpful and fun to use, but it can also be a hassle to work  with.                                                                                                                           

Just recently, Google Earth has made a new "street view" option. You can go into famous buildings with the help of the "street view trike". Now, you can see the inside of buildings like the National Botanic Gardens in Dublin, Ireland. This can be a very helpful tool to use and also, a cool one. You can see upfront what it looks like inside the famous spot. Teachers can use this for classes and Builders can use this to help them lay out projects the aria might want without having to go there. This new technology is very cool and can be a huge help with day to day things.

These are a few of my favorite things, if you were wondering,

My Favorite.....

Color: orange & purple

Wild Animal: tiger

Pet: dog

Dog Breed: austrialian shepherd

Celebrity: <3 JuStIn BiEbEr <3

Band: "never shout never"

Song: "Favorit Girl" (by justin bieber)

Food: spagettie

Fruit: orange

Drink: Dr. peper

Girl Name(s): Kari, Blaine, and Hannah

Boy Name(s): Justin, Sam, Taylor, Jack, and Blake

Shoe Brand: nike

Thing to do: hang out with my friends, swim, or jump on a trampoline :)

Person in the world: JESUS!

Number: 13, it's my basketball number and was my daddy's high school football number...so it runs in the family.

Sport: Swimming

Store: Target  :)

Dog Name: Buddy

Place To Be: the Humane Society of MO, cousins farm, in the pool, or at home. (I am a homebody)

Hope you learned something about me today! :)

~~Kathryn~~

Technorati Tags:

Hey everybody, here are some random facts that I found out reading this articl in a magazine...

Did you know that,

• No piece of normal-size paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.

• Blueberry juice boosts memory.

• When cats are happy or pleased, they squeeze their eyes shut.

• The elephant is the only animal with 4 knees.

• Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.

• We, as humans, forget 90% of our dreams.

• During thinking, we use on about 35% of our brains.

• The percentage of people dreaming in black and white started decreasing after the spread of color TV.

• Just days before the World Cup of 1966 in England, the trophy was stolen and then later retrieved by a dog.

• Some Chinese believe that swinging the arms cures headaches.

• The city of Portland in Oregon was named after a coin toss in 1844, heads for Portland and tails for Boston. 

• A queen bee lays 1500 eggs a day.

• Laughter is a proven way to lose weight.

• The shrimp's heart is in its head

• The longest flight of a chicken is about 13 seconds

• ther than humans, black lemurs are the only primates that may have blue eyes

• Names in Iceland's phone books are listed alphabetically by first name not by last name

• Cats can hear ultrasound

Hope that you learned something new...I know I did!

Everybody loves that warm feeling when you are holding a cute 6 week old puppy right before you bring it home from the breeder, right? Your answer was probably yes, of course you would love a cute puppy from your neighbors. Even me, as an animal lover, loves that cute warm feeling, but is it the right thing to do?

This is me, as an animal lover, telling you to please do not buy from a breeder, adopt from your local animal shelter instead. In the U.S, the dog population is thriving, which you would think is a good thing, but its not. Every year more than 4-6 million animals are euthanized in shelters, or get medicen get put into them through a I.V that slowes their heart to a stop. Most of  them already had homes but were dumped on the streets because their owners bought them as puppies not knowing what they would grow up to be, only thinking about how cute they are. Breeders don't relise this, and breed more dogs, only brining the dog population up, and bringing the adoptoin population down.

By not buying puppies from breeders we might stop them from breeding (because of less buisness). We can also let people know about this very serious situation that we have gotten ourselfs into.

I know first hand how dipressing it is at puppy mills because my dog, Buddy was once a orphan from a crule, mean, and awful breeder who only wanted more money. Buddy is a mirical in the happening and he inspires me every day to help more dogs just like him. Knowing Buddy is a joy and hopfully now you know the urgency of this horrible problem we have here, in the U.S. 

So, please, please, please adopt a dog or cat from your local animal shelter and help save them today!

~~Kathryn~~

This is a picture of a puppy mill

http://dogspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/puppy-mill4.jpg

This week we had Tuesday and Wednesday off! On Tuesday I really didn't do anything exciting, inless you call doing homework exciting. But, on Wednesday I did a lot more. The weather lately has been pretty bad, all cold and cloudy and gross. On Wednesday it was so nice! I got a chance to bring my dog, Buddy, on a nice long walk, and we were playing outiside with our neighbors untill 5:30 and guess what? It was still light outside! I can't wait for spring time when we can do this kind of stuff everyday/night. But, I guess we are just going to have to wait...that makes me sad. Summer is the best time of the year, we get to get nice and tan, swim in the pool, run through the grass that is nice and green, and, my favorite, do lemonade  stands! For now we are just going to have to wait for spring to come... I sure hope that it comes fast!