-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby

Article posted June 1, 2012 at 04:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 214

I have improved on many things in the 5th grade, but one of the things that I improved on the most is hand writing.  I don't know if it was getting mechanicall penicles or writing a lot more, but I looked at a paper that I had done in the beggining of the year when I was cleaning out my desk and realized that my hand writing had gotten a lot better! The papper mate penciles I was help a lot! I tryed writing with a normal pencil and my hand writing looked like I was writing with my left hand! 

So one of the things I have improved the most on would be hand writing! 

What does the words teamwork mean to you, to me it mean working togher as a team 1 for all and all for 1! If one person is not in then its not a full team. Soul to me means is having kindness in your hart, like when people helped the turtles. Kindness means to me when you go out of your way to do something nice for someone. Diversity to me means when something or someone is diffrent from everyone else. Risk to me is when you take a chance and try to do something that is not normal and you could get in trouble for it but you will try. Thats all Thanks For Reding My Blog!!

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 54

When my dad got a new job that went all night, I had to adjust to some new things. Like he would start work at 6:30 so I had to say goodnight to him at 5:30 because he would not be here. Also I had to get used to not seeing him as much, because he would be asleep! But I still got a lot of time with him! (: Also I had to get ready before school quick because my dad would go to sleep after I left!

I had to make some adjustments just like kit had to in the book when she had to move to black bird pond!

Thanks for reading my blog!       

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 309

It was Christmas day right after we opened all of the gifts we were playing card games at the kitchen table. Then my sister went to the bathroom and one the way there we herd her scream and say “EWWWW.” I thought that there was a spider or a rat but when we went over there was water up to my ankle!!! The toilet had over flowed! We had to take all of our towels and put them on the ground and jump on them I looked like I was dancing. Everyone in the house was helping! After all the towels were gone we were done. There was a HUGE pile of sopping wet towels. And then we had to do the landray! Even though all of that happened I still think that we had one of the best Christmases ever!    

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

The night before Christmas all the kids cuddle up in to their bed and fell asleep eager for Christmas the next day.   In the morning we all woke up early ( that our kid senses  tell us every Christmas morning) and we run to wake our mom and dad up. When our whole family was sitting at the Christmas tree we unwrapped all of our presents but my mom and dad was still sitting on the ground like there was something else to open but there was nothing in sight! Then my mom told me to go in the play room and when we got in there we could not believe what we were seeing! My brother and I both had our own TURTLES! I guessed my was a girl and I named mine shelly and George guessed that his was a boy and he named him Wiggy. Me and my two sisters took them out of the cage and hade a race we put two pieces of broccoli at the end and we found out that Wiggy was SUPER fast like really fast! So now his name is Wiggy Speedy but I still need a middle name for Shelly because its only Shelly …….. no middle name. What do you thing her middle name should be?  

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 05:13 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 55

Once I tried to make a dessert and I really messed up. I told my parents I would do it all by myself. It was a desert with layers but I got the layers all mixed up. It had peanut butter in it which I thought was just supposed to be by itself but there was a batter that was supposed to be mixed with the peanut butter. I mixed it all up without the batter and let it dry, because it was a no-bake dessert. Then I saw the extra package of batter laying there. . I thought I had really messed it all up and my parents would be really mad at me. I didn’t know what to do. I almost just dumped it on the top of the whole dessert but luckily my dad saw me and stopped me. I was going to hide the batter but I decided to tell them what happened. They said, maybe we should throw it out. ): I finally convinced them to keep it and try a little! Once they tried it there eyes widened and I thought because it was bad. They said it was better this way than it was with the batter mixed in!

I remembered this when I read about Tyler because Tyler because she got really upset when she thought she could not do the family tree so she almost just made something up, like I almost dumped the batter on top. She thought that she would flunk fifth grade if she did not turn in her family tree project and I thought I failed at my dessert but in the end everything came out great. She did not flunk the fifth grade and I made a great dessert!

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

For my year long research project I have choosen animal testing. Do I like it NO! Im agensed animal testing because I love animals and maby want to be a  vet when I grow up. I would give up the things that they test on animals just so they will not do it! Its not fair because animals do get even get a choice! Some animas are super cute and they might kill them, and I do not want that to happen. If you do not know what animal testing is its were they test people stuff that they have never tested on anything on animals! I hope animal testing will stop soon!  

Article posted October 10, 2011 at 05:52 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 58

My favorite thing about school is the pencils! But I like mechanical pencils better. I like them better because the ones that I have you can change the colors of the top and the pusher thing and make the pencils rainbow! I love the paper mate ones because they are easier to use for me because they have a grip built in to them and once you run out of eraser you can get another eraser to put in the pencil and not have to get a new pencil. I think that I have better hand writing when I use a mechanical pencils also when I use a mechanical pencil you don’t have to get up and sharpen it you could just click you pencil as long as you have lead!    

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 03:38 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

My nickname is Pokie. It is Pokie because when I was little I would  wear polka-dots,  pink with purple blue and green and all different colors. Also because I used to love porcupines so people called me Pokie! Another nickname is Pocahontas. My dad called me that because once I did a rhyming speech thing ( I bet everyone remembers that). I would practice every day intel my dad remembered it! Now he calles me Pocahontas. I have one more nickname its a little weird its Blobs. I was called Blobs because when i was little i would say ear blobs instead of ear lobs. These are my three nicknames! Thanks for reading