Copyright (c) 2014 by Reece Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Reece -- Blogmeister

-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by Reece teacher: Nancy Crosby

Article posted July 23, 2012 at 02:06 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 113

Well I got back from 4h camp I had so much fun. I got to shoot a bow and arrow which I was amazing at. I went canoeing a couple times I played ultimate frisbee and soccer alot. But this years theme was around the world in seven days so each cabin had a name of a country. My cabins name was Japan. When we got there I was looking around for people that I know but I couldn't find anyone. A day later I figured out that my mom signed us up for the central nevada camp so we were with Kids from lovelock fernley fallon and a couple other places. But I was actually glad we didn't go to the western one because I got to meet tons of new people. But there was a down fall All of those kids that I met I wont get to see them until next summer. I have to tell you guys one thing so the day after we got there we heard everybody talking about a dance. We didn't now what they were talking about we just kinda of ignored it. But ten that night this girl came up to me and asks me if I want to go to the dance with her. I am like what are you talking about. So I just walked away. I asked this one kid in my cabin what the dance is he said that it's on friday night and they play music. Then he tells me that there are slow dances. So thats why that girl asked me. Well by that time my brother and my friend had both got offers and they said yes. So they were pushing me to get one. So on the night of the dance I had 3 girls thinking that they were going to slow dance with me. I almost made one girl cry because I did the last slow dance with I different girl. But the slow dances were my least favorite thing that night. So now I now how to slow dance with a girl and how to do the cupid shuffle. You have to look up that song It's awesome. So I had a interesting week so if anyone wants to go to 4 h got to the central one it's so much better.

Article posted July 11, 2012 at 05:40 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

Hello everybody how is your guys summer been going? Well I just got back from camping. It was so much fun we camped in clio. I have to tell you about something I did while I was camping I swam in about 15 feet deep of water which was about 40 degrees cold! But the water was crystal clear you could see straight down to the bottom it was so cool because there were tons of fish at the bottom. Okay so your probably wondering why my article name is 4h camp it's a camp at lake tahoe that you get to go swimming canoeing play sports and you even get to do archery but it's all up at the lake. It's an over night camp so I am up at the lake for a week away from my family well except my brother. But one of my friends from my baseball team is going so that will be really fun. I go there on July, 14 . So if anyone is going then tell me. Ohh and i am going to miss you next year mrs.cosby.

Well this is my last blog that I will be writing unless I want to talk to Mrs Crosby. So this is about something I have improved on. Well I bet lots of kids are saying they got better at math or a subject in school. Mine isn't.

The thing I improved on is that I wasn't as shy this year. I started talking more ( sorry Mrs. Crosby) and I made more friends and started hanging out with them at recess. I had a lot more fun this year. Last year I was super quite. I never got put on a one by my own but I did get on a 1 when ever I was in a group. Incase anybody that is reading this that is not in our class a 1 is kind of like a warning. So if you get on a one that means stop talking or what ever you did wrong. When you get on a 2 that means this is your last warning. If you get on a 3 your out in the hall. This year I have got on a one because of talking. I am so proud of myself. But I haven't just been as shy in class I have made friends on the bus and I have talked to alot of people outside of school to. Thats what I have improved on.

I am so sad this is my last blog in Crosbyville. I am sad I am moving to a differen't ville. So I am signing off good bye forever.

So This blog I am going to talk about 5 words that have to do with the people that help turtles.

The first word is team work. I think that connects with the book beacause there are people out there that join together and help the turtles survive and not go extinct. So there are volunteers that go out on the beach and look for turtle tracks then they call a scientist to come over and follow the tracks to a nest they dig until they find the eggs they take them back to a nesting ground until they hatch. Then they let them go.

The second word is soul. That connects with the book because people have a lot of soul to go out on there own time to help save turtles. They didn't have to do that they could be sitting on the couch at home watching t.v. but they arn't there saving the turtles.

The third word is kindness. that connects with the book because people are kind enough to go out on there own time and help save turtles. They go out find the turtle tracks and make sure nobody hurts them by stepping on them and playing around with them.

The 4 word is diversity. That connects with the book because there is a a wide range of people helping out with the turtles and keeping them safe. Also there is a wide range of hotels and other stuff that do this program to help save the turtles.

The last word is risk. Risk connects with this book because we are taking a chance of kemps Ridley sea turtles going extinct if volunteers and scientist weren't out there finding there eggs and making them hatch Kemps Ridley sea turtles might become extinct and we may not have them in our world anymore.

So I hope you liked my blog and go by Reno.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 51

So a story about something that has changed in my life. That’s a hard one but I think I can manage it. Well something that has changed in my life is when I started playing travel ball. I was used to little league where you couldn’t lead off or steal when the pitcher hasn’t even let go of the ball. But you can do all of that stuff in travel ball. So I had been practicing with a travel team called the Hurricanes. It’s was really confusing to me at first we would be picking kids off and I had no idea how to. I just stood there watching. But my coach eventually taught me how I was getting just as good as some of the kids on there. Which have been playing travel ball for 4 years. When we went to my first tournament in Elk Grove, California I was a little worried that I would make a ton of mistakes. Especially when I was batting because we had some signs that I was like why is this guy waving his hands all around. But I went 3 for 3 in my first game 3 for 4 in my second game. But I was lead off batter for my team and twe were playing a team that was super good. They were the Sacramento blue devils and I hit a ball way out in the gap between right and center field. By the time I hit third base they had just got the ball. I got an inside the park home run. That gave me a little confidence. I ended up doing really well I really liked my coach and my team. But a week after that tournament our coach quit coaching us. I was really sad. And guess what our new coach was my brother’s team coach. And he yelled a lot I had to get use to that but I am not going to get into that story.

Article posted January 11, 2012 at 02:35 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 48

Well I had a great Christmas but I am going to tell you a story that happened over my Christmas vacation. Okay lets get to the real story. So I am going to tell you about my vacation that I took right after Christmas.

So my dad was trying to get away from home and he wanted to ski. Can you believe we don’t have any snow. My dad was looking at places hat actually had snow. He saw Jackson Hole, Wyoming. He decided that we should go there so we did. We packed up on Christmas day. Because we were leaving the next day. That was hard I mean you know how packing is. It took me a long time. The next day we left at 8:00 a.m. We had to drive 8 hours and we still weren’t there. We drove to Idaho falls we stayed at a cool hotel there was like one room taken up on every floor. And there was 3 floors. The next day we left at about 9:00. It took 4 hours to get to Jackson Hole. We stayed at this really cool hotel called the Wart. It’s so cool but it’s not very big. There is like 50 rooms in the whole hotel. From 4 to 6 they served hot chocolate, apple cider, and coookiiieeesss.

The day we got there we walked around Jackson Hole. It’s a really small town but it’s so cool. The next day we went skiing at Jackson hole mountain. They had tons of snow it was a really good ski day. We got back and my Dad took me and my brother to go get some food. We found this one place that had tons of stuff. I got a foot long corndog. It was the best corn dog I ever had. Then we went back to our room. My mom and dad went down and had dinner in our hotel. I eventually came down and sat with them. My mom had a really good steak and Peruvian purple mash potatoes. Then I had the best dessert of my entire life. They had make your own smores they gave you every thing even fire to cook them with it was awesome. The next day was our last day in Jackson Hole. We went up to the ski hill and they had almost all of the big runs closed. Because the wind was super bad it was blowing the tram all over the place. So we didn’t ski we drove up to Yellow Stone but the entrance was closed. The good thing was that we saw two moose they were huge. We went and saw the elk refuge that was in Jackson Hole. But when we got back a guy told us that if we took one road there were tons of Big Horn sheep. So we said we would go see the sheep before we left the next day.

We were out driving around for about 3 hours. When we got back to the hotel my dad wanted to lay down. So he did but the first day we were there I had saw a Ripleys believe it or not museum. So me and my mom went to go see it. My brother and my dad stayed at the hotel. When we got there I saw a giant horse made out of bottle caps. I also saw lots of weird stuff ohh and guess what Mrs.Cobsy they had a giant piece of scrimshaw. Also they had a fish that looked like a devil and they also had amber. My favorite thing was this one door that you walked through and it was a hallway. But the walls were spinning so it looked like you were walking on the top of the ceiling. But I walked through it a ton of times and then I was so dizzy. We had been in the ripleys for an hour But we had to get back to the hotel room so we could eat dinner.

The next day we drove back to Idaho falls and spent the night. We got up the next morning and had to drive 8 hours to get back home. When we got back we were all tired. But it was New Years Eve so I didn’t stay up that long. I fell asleep at about 10:00 and woke up at 12:00.

So that was what I did over my Christmas brake. Sorry for writing such a big blog. Anyways bye./

Stem Cell and Amputation Research

Stem cell research is an investigation of basic cells which develop organisms. Earlier years how they did test on stem cells is that they would take tissue from an aborted embryo. They had to get the proper material to study on and that was the good material. Now scientist make cells in laboratories, then do tests on them. The test they do on them is to find treatments for certain diseases. Some examples of diseases are Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, heart ( stroke, diabetes), birth defects, spinal cord injuries, and repair damaged organs.

Amputation is when a human limb has been torn off or badly injured. Amputation surgery begins after the patient has been given anesthesia to put them to sleep. The sergeant must cut through several different types of body tissue. For the skin they cut through it a special way so it leaves a good scar. When they cut the muscles they arrange the remaining muscles so they still can have a little muscle left in the limb. After everything is cut off the surgeon gets the left over skin and stitches it back up.

Effects

The earlier effects of amputation surgery are that because of the pain they had to give you a piece of wood to bite down on. It was so pain full they needed something to bite down on. But that’s only if they hadn’t already been asleep because of the medicine they gave you.

Another effect is that when the surgery is over some of the patients bleed to death. Or they just died. From the surgery many people have gotten infections. The limb that had been amputated got an infection by unclean tools that the surgeon used on them. But the good thing about that is that you didn’t die, you stayed alive because sometime they could treat the infection.

Effects of stem cell research are that even though they are studying with embryos they found cures for tons of different diseases. Not many people like that they study on embryos. Because they said a embryo is like a human you are treating on a live human.

My Opinion

My opinion on stem cell research is that I agree with some of the stuff but I also don’t agree with some stuff. I agree that we should do test but make cells to test on. If they said they couldn’t make cells anymore I would still want them to test. Because it’s finding cures for diseases. It’s doing good for people. They should do test but at least try not to do them on real embryos. What I don’t agree with is that they shouldn’t test on embryos. I mean if they can make cells to test on then don’t even bother with the embryos. There was a comment that I found on line that says a fertilized egg should be treated as a human because it basically is a human that hasn’t came alive yet.

My opinion on amputation is that we should do amputation surgery. If you get hurt really bad and you don’t want a leg barely hanging on ( not most people want), you can have amputation so it’s stitched up. But you can also get a robotic leg. It helps many people because then you don’t have a leg hanging on. You have a leg that’s been cut off and stitched up. But I think that surgeons should be more careful with their tools because many people have gotten a very, very bad infection because of unclean tools. I think that they should be carful because the person that was getting amputation has already gone through a lot. I mean their leg has been almost torn off. Then they go get a terrible infection of something dumb like unclean tools.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 49

Well I have many many holiday memories. But the one I am going to tell you about in this blog is a pretty good one. I would love to tell you all of them but thats to many and I don’t have time I have to finish my project. Well now

it’s time to tell you the story. It’s kind of funny.

Well here it goes, my family was planning to surprise my grandma and grandpa that live in Colorado we were going to surprise them by coming up for Christmas. But our mom told us that we were going to go to Colorado but then she told us we were going to Parkcity, Utah. Our family ski’s alot and they have one of the biggest ski hills. So we left we stopped at Parkcity and that was a blast. That was my second favorite trip. We skied every single day we were there. We stayed there for 3 days. we stayed in a resort that was huge. They had a pool that half of it was inside and half of it was out side. So we were swimming out side at night time in the winter! They also had four ping pong tables. The resort was awesome.

We left there and headed to Colorado. It was a very long time. When we got to Colorado we parked our car on the side of my grandma’s house. Remember they didn’t know we were coming. The only person that did was my aunt. So we walked up to the front door and rang the door bell. Our grandpa opened the door and he was so excited to see us. But guess what my grandma wasn’t there. She went shopping ( girls and there shopping). Okay we waited there and then finally our grandma gets back. She was on the phone ( you know girls and those phones) but then she saw all of us sitting in the living room. She screamed=http://! She was so happy. But guess what she got mad at us because she would have cleaned the house before we came ( you know grandma’s and cleaning). Well that was probally one of the best Christmas’s ever.

Well okay bloggers bye bye.

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

Well I am trying to figure out what to chose. I am thinking about embarrising or misunderstood something. Just give me a moment okay. Well I have decided I choose well I am just stalling untill I actualy have chose one. Well now I have figured out. I am going to write about Me misunderstood something.

Okay you all know how Tyler thought she would flunk sixth grade because she had no family tree or do well on it. Well she didn't have a family tree because papa married an english woman and he is amish. So his family never talked to him again. So he never saw his family and didn't like to talk about it. So then Tyler didn't have any information on there family.

I have misunderstood lots of stuff in my life. But the one I have chosen is when I misunderstood my mom. Well here's my story. I was in kindergarten and my mom and me were going to pick up my brother. My mom told me to go and wait for my brother at the doors he came out,then walk down the hill. I went and got my brother. He asked where mom was I said she told us to walk down the hill. But I walked down the big hill that you come up to get to school. She ment walk down the hill where her car was. Her car was down by sadge ridge . ( and I know I was pretty stupid back then).

Well what happened was pretty bad. Okay my brother and I got down to the bottom of the hill and my mom wasn't there. So we just sat there at the bottom of the hill for about fifteen minutes. Until my mom got really worried and started driving around. She drive down the hill and saw we were just sitting there. When we got in the car I got yelled at a lot and a lot and a lot ohh did I mention I got yelled at a lot.

Well thats it for now. Bye bye bye.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 01:00 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 53