-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby
05/31/12
Turtels 05/04/12
Weaking up early 03/07/12
Gray Eagle 01/17/12
Gangs 12/23/11
Greek dancing 12/07/11
text to self 11/17/11
Random Things About Me 11/03/11
Gangs 10/26/11
Type or Print 10/05/11
my nickname 09/28/11
I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 07/21/11
4th/5th grade & Summer 06/01/11
Be HONEST! 05/26/11
Vacation 04/18/11
soccer rules 03/31/11
Attean 03/16/11
Water money 02/09/11
funny pool 01/25/11

Article posted June 1, 2012 at 02:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 123

One thing that I learned this 5th grade year is I expanded my knowledge on space. I learned all the steps a star goes through in the nebula before even becoming a star. I also learned a lot about the cycles of the moon. First I learned what an eclipse is then I learned about how the moon goes from a quarter moon to a waxing quarter to a full moon. Finally the last thing that I learned about space was comets, asteroids, meteors, meteoroids, and finally meteorites. I learned that meteoroids are when an asteroid enters an atmosphere and a meteorite is when an asteroid hits the earth’s surface.

This year in 5th grade I learned a lot about American history. One thing I learned about American history is that the French and Indian war was not between the French and the Indians, it was actually between the colonists and the French and the Indians were on the same side. Another great thing I learned in 5th grade is that the Boston tea party was a big part of our history. I also learned all the acts that happened, for example the Townsend act, the sugar act and the stamp act. One reason why I had such a great time in 5th grade this year is we played a bunch of American history games. This one game we played was called the colonists. The whole point of it was to develop the most colonies and have the most people and the most money by the end of the game. Finally most of the stuff that I learned this year in social studies was about the Revolutionary war. I learned that Paul Revere went on his midnight ride with William Dawes. Because of social studies this year, the next time I go back east with my parents I would like to go to Walden Pond and Salem.

This year in math I learned so much my brain is about to pop. We learned about decimals, fractions, positive and negative numbers, multiplying a triple digit number with a triple digit number and dividing a triple digit number into a double digit number. I also learned that you can never divide a number by 0.

This year in Mrs. Crosbys class we read a lot of great books One of my favorite books that we read was called blood on the river. I liked this book so much because it has fighting and conflict. Another one of my personal favorite books that we read was called my side of the mountain. This book was so amazing because it was about a boy going off to live in the wilderness. From these two books I learned a lot about Jamestown and all the Indian attacks. From my side of the mountain I learned all about the wilderness and how to survive.

Well that is some of the things I learned in 5th grade.

By: Seamus Donohue

I think that teamwork relates to this book because not just one person is saving the sea turtles there are hundreds of people trying to save sea turtels. I think it's so great how so many people are dedicating their life as a team to save sea turtles. This book has soul because people who save sea turtels could be doing anything else. Instead of watching tv they are saving sea turtels instead of playing video games they are saving turtels.

This book relates to kindness by when the sea turtels are released into the ocean the scientists scare away crabs and birds so they won't get eaten. Lastely they direct the turtels into the ocean. This book has diversity because If the Sea turtle goes exstinct then other animals that eat the sea turtle would go exstinct. So that is another good reason to save the sea turtels. Finnaly when you are a baby sea turtle it is very risky because there are many animals that want to eat you. when people realese the turtels some of them don't even make it into the water because birds and crabs eat them.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 04:27 AM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 52

So as you may know in my last couple blogs I talked about me joining the freestyle ski team. Well since I have joined it I have had to make some changes.

Well for one I have had to wake up earlier in the mornings to get up there at 9:oo It's not very fun. But in a weird way I kind of like it. But the horrible part is that I ussaly sleep in on the mornings on the weekend. Also last season I wouldn't compete. competeing is a new thing to me but I'm really good at it. Some of the good things is that I get to meat new people that are at my skill level.

The last not so great thing about the ski team is that I have to drive Northstar,Boreal, And Homewood to train. Lastely I have to drive to gyms alot more like Easyair and many more.

Well I hope you like my blog.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 02:28 AM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 147

After reading the heading your probably wondering where is gray eagle and what is gray eagle. Well to answer your question it is an awesome place in the land of awesome.

Just kidding it is a place in Calafornia about an hour away. So what do you do there? you can do about anything such as paintball,airsoft,fishing,hunting, and hiking.

Now time to tell my story. One day when me my mom and my freind gabe were hiking. So we drive all the way up into the mountains for are hike to Bear lake but when we get up there there is snow everywhere. So you don't go on the hike? NO=http://!!! we start are hike threw the snow when we finnaly get there we enjoy a nice peaceful lunch at the lake. So you had a nice time right? NO=http://!!! When we finaly get back to my house I take off my socks and I have poision oak all over my body. Well not a happy ending but at least I ended it ha ha ha ha!!. Well bye.

Gangs

A gang is defined as three or more people that associate for the same common purpose. The behavior of the members, either individually or collectively, may be disruptive , antisocial criminals. They are small bands of people that do illegal things. One very important thing that you should know about gangs is that have been around for along time. They have been around since the 1800’s. Gangs mostly function through neighborhoods. Which started in the early 1900’s.

People join gang for many reasons here are some ways

• pride

• power

• drugs

• loyalty

• lastly protection

Some signs that people are in gangs are the colors they wear or graffiti. Some other ones are if they have the same tattoos. A couple more are hair styles, hand signs and jewelry.

Another thing that you will want to know is that most gangs involve drugs. If a gang member comes up to you I suggest that you leave. And if he comes back call the authorities.

Gangs also have a huge negative effect on society. One way is by graffiti. One other really bad thing that gangs do is that they bring down the property value of neighborhoods. And lastly some people have to pay taxes to keep gang members in jail.

Also they have a negative effect in that they kill innocent people in gang wars sometimes.

There are also many levels of gangs from just dealing drugs to violence and killing. I bet that you didn’t know that that most of the killings from shootings in New York Are from gangs.

Some gangs are only limited to killing some types of people like the Mafia were only allowed to kill Catholics.

By: Seamus

www.Leading the way.com

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 04:20 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 98

One of the greatset holiday memory thet I have ever had was at christmas. Me and my family all gather for a christmas party at my aunt's house.

One thing that we have been doing since I was three is greek dancing. We all get in a line and stert dancing everyone has a great time. It feels really cool because It fells like were all conected. An awsome part is that we all start singing words that none of us even know what they mean.

The reason why this memory is special because the whole family is conected and has a great time.

By:Seamus

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 83

A text to self for me would be that I wanted to join the freestyle ski team but my parents didn't want me to. Just like how Tyler talked to her mom and dads family even though her dad said that it would not be a good idea.

My parents thought that it wouldn't be a good idea because it cost alot of money. Also they thought that I would have a hard time commiting to it. just like how Tyler's dad thought that his parents would be mad at him for not telling Tyler about them.

But in the end for me my parents agreed that I could do the freestyle team. They thought that because everyone told them that it is really fun and perfect for me. Just like how Tyler was excited to talk to her grandparents and they were happy to.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 09:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

Well in my class I am doing a blog about gangs. One reason why I want to do gangs is because I don't knnow much about people in gangs. Another reason why I wanted to do ggangs is because they are always so violent and I don't understand it. Also i don't get why they are also so violent to inecent people. Lastley I want to learn how to avoid gangs.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 04:06 AM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 175

Well my opnion over typing or printing is typing. I prefur it because ther are so many jobs in the real world that you have to type in. And also there are so many tricks to typeing that you can't youse in typeing. Some of them are spell check,back space,copy paste, and so on. another good side to it is that the more you type the more you get into the habbet of typeing and become so much faster. But there is a good side to printing you don't need a printer and you can also write in cursive which is very fast.

thats my opinion on typeing or printing whats yours tell me in a comment.

by:Seamus