Copyright (c) 2014 by Paul K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Paul K -- Blogmeister

Middle School

My classroom is the library.

by Paul K

teacher: Katherine Larison

Star Girl 01/24/11

I read the book Star Girl. I liked it because, it was about a girl who was made fun of and acted very weirdly. When people made fun of her she didn’t care, all she did was get out her Ukulele and sing and dance with her mouse friend. The point is, that she stood up for herself and did not give up when she was put down by peers and made fun of.

This book was about a girl named Star Girl who didn’t like being the same as everyone else. She liked to be different and weird. Her name was Star Girl because, when she was a little girl her parents named her Jenny, and when Jenny got a little older she saw that she didn’t seem like a Jenny so she changed her name to MudPie. She kept her name like that for a while then changed it to Star Girl thinking that she was to old for the name MudPie. When she started to go to school she was always made fun of and when she met a guy named Leo who invited to be on the school T.V. Show called The Hot Spot she fell in love with him and always chased him everywhere. Finally he agreed to be her boyfriend as long as people didn’t know and that they weren’t seen at school together. After a while he got used to her and told everyone that they were a couple and got his first kiss. And that is what this book is about.