Copyright (c) 2014 by Kellie K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kellie K -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Kellie K

teacher: Melanie Transue

Does Will's dad have a good idea of what a good person is or not?

Why does Mrs. Halloway Hate Mirrors so much?

Turkey,turkey,turkey and more turkey!For my November free write I chose to write about Thanksgiving! It just so happens to be one of my favorite holidays. The idea of all that food makes me wish it would come around faster. My mother makes one of the best turkey dinners I have ever tasted! She also likes to go overboard on everything so she tends to make more food than needed.

My grandmother usually comes up to eat dinner and she often ends up bringing some home. One of my favorite side foods has to be rootabeggers , they are a pain to peel and cut but I usually eat so much of them I can barely move when I’m done. I think the best part has to be the pumpkin pie! It is amazing especially with whipped cream on the top. Mhmmm!

When everyone is done eating we usually just sit around and talk about anything and everything that comes to mind. And , the plus to having a big thanksgiving dinner is that no one goes home hungrey.

Looks and Popularity aren’t Everything

The theme of “the bass, the river and Sheila Mant,” are, looks and popularity aren’t everything. I don’t think they get you everywhere in life and I think people should look beyond the physical appearance and focus on what a person is really like, starting from the inside out. Remember, looks can be very deceiving.

If people go through life thinking just because there popular and pretty they will get everything handed to them has a very poor view on their life. For example, having good looks doesn’t always consist of the fact that you might be given a job in the future it probably has to do with the knowledge and the experience that person may have when it comes to that particular job. Looks are just a bonus. Sheila Mant thought very highly of herself and was very self centered and did not seem to care who she hurt in the making as long as she got what she wanted. Sheila used the narrator for a ride to the bomb fire and when she got there, she ditched him. Sheila would also spend her days sunbathing on a float (wetherell 4). If she doesn’t notice anything interesting about you or you weren’t good looking or rich she wouldn’t give you the time of day.

If someone were to argue with me on this topic they would probably say there are future careers that consist of just beauty and popularity, such as modeling. When you actually think about it though, those kinds of jobs only last so long. Or should I say until you not so beautiful anymore. That’s when people, girls especially start to get very insecure about themselves. Also, with these types of jobs it adds a lot of pressure to your everyday life and your private life isn’t so much yours anymore and some people can’t handle that fact. All in all, they crack under pressure. They also require high standards and you have to work hard at keeping the “it” look everyone wants to see. Sheila Mant was thinking about doing modeling in her future because she had nothing better to do (wetherell 8).

I myself would agree looks and popularity aren’t everything. There’s more to people then what you can see. You should look beyond the cover and actually get to know someone before you judge them because of what they look like.

3rd person: The fish and the bird were swimming in the ocean and the bird spotted the fish. The bird was thinking about having him for lunch while the fish had every intention of swimming away.

3rd person limited: The bird was gliding on the water thinking about having the fish for lunch. The fish wouldn't take his eye off of the bird. The bird started flapping his wings. The fish started to swim away really fast.

3rd person dramtic:The bird started to chase the fish. The little fish swam as fast as he could and got away.

When you say nothing at all by Alison Krauss. I chose this song because it has a lot of meaning behind it.

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart

Without saying a word you can light up the dark

Try as I may I could never explain

What I hear when you don't say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me

There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me

The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall

You say it best when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud

But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd

Old Mr. Webster could never define

What's being said between your heart and mine

Theme: Everyone can play the part of the bad guy , but in the end the good guy always wins.

Story: In this story Tayab lied to this poor woman telling her he was an angel. He guided her to where he said her children would be and left her there to die. Al-faq played the good guy in the end.

Life: Everyone lies at one point in there life but when its a simple lie to protect you from harm its a different story. Example : Parents do it to keep you out of harms way.

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 01:32 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

Representation of me Hi my names Kellie Keller and this is a representation of me. The quote that I chose to put on my binder was, “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future” by Oscar Wilde. It sort of means that everyone deserves a second chance and people should not judge by past experiences because like it says “Every sinner has a future.” The first picture I chose to put on my binder was a picture of a person who makes me happy. His name is Kyle Pedro and he just happens to be my boyfriend for the past seven months.  We have been through a lot in that short amount of time and have a lot more to come. My second picture was of something that represented my personality. The picture I chose was one of Miley Cyrus. I went to one of her concerts and was able to get pictures of her. I love music and it’s like my life, without it I would be lost it keeps me sane. Music is everyone’s escape. My binder does show a little bit of my personality and tells you a little bit about me and my life. My last and final picture was of one of my favorite memories. The memory I chose was a vacation I went on with one of my best friends, her name is Lexi Baker. We went to the great wolf lodge for a whole weekend. I had so much fun! I love having these people in my life.

For my April free I chose to write about my Easter vacation. For my Easter vacation, I spent it with my boyfriend and his family also with mine. In other words I had doubled the excitement on my vacation! First, we were at my boyfriend’s house (his names Kyle), and all of his family came over. They make you feel so comfortable being there because they treat you like you’re a part of their family. We all just hung around and talked for a little bit waiting for dinner to finally be done, I was starving! The food was amazing and there was so much that I had to eat a little of everything because it looked so good. In between bites there was laughter, something was always coming out of someone’s mouth. His family has the best sense of humor and can turn any bad situation into a good one with one little joke. I occasionally have a “blond moment “or what they call a “Kellie moment” and it’s usually pretty dumb so we laugh until our stomach hurts. His step dad Rory always tells me I make him a little nervous. After I spent time at his house we drove to my house and spent about two hours with my family just stuffing our faces with candy and just making exciting conversations. I have a pretty big family so the house was sort of crazy! I was so full from eating at Kyle’s house that I couldn’t eat anymore but I had to because my mom makes the best ham gravy in the world! She makes it with pineapple while she cooks the ham. It is amazing! We took some pictures and captured the moment as everyone always says. Then Kyle and I left and spent the rest of the day back with his family at his house. My Easter vacation was pretty exciting because I got to spend it with people I love and just love being around. There is always a little fuss in the mix but in the end everything turns out how you wanted it to be and ends up being more the better. At the end of the day it was exactly what I wanted it to be. Family makes everything possible and a lot easier to except.