Copyright (c) 2014 by SA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SA -- Blogmeister

5B

by SA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Hi my name is Jane Goodall. Iwas born on April 3, 1934, in London, England, into a middle-class British family. My father, Mortimer Herbert Morris-Goodall, was an engineer. My mother, Vanna (Joseph) Morris-Goodall, was a successful novelist. When I was about two years old her mother gave her a stuffed toy chimpanzee, which I still possess to this day. I was a good student, but had more interest in being outdoors and learning about animals. Once I spent five hours in a hen-house so she could see how a hen lays an egg. I loved animals so much that by the time she was ten or eleven she dreamed of living with animals in Africa. My mother encouraged me to realize my dream, which eventually became a reality.

When I was eighteen I completed secondary school and began working. I worked as a secretary, as an assistant editor in a film studio, and as a waitress, trying to save enough money to make my first trip to Africa.

Africa

I finally went to Africa when I was twenty-three years old. In 1957 I sailed to Mombassa on the east African coast, where I met anthropologist Louis Leakey (1903–1972), who would become my mentor, or teacher. In Africa, Leakey and his wife, Mary, had discovered what the oldest known human remains were then. These discoveries supported Leakey's claim that the origins of the human species were in Africa, not in Asia or Europe as many had believed.

Leakey hoped that studies of the primate species most closely related to human beings—chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans— should light on the behavior of the human animal's ancestors. He chose me for this work because he believed

That as a woman I would be more patient and careful than a male observer and that as someone with little formal training I would be more likely to describe what I saw rather than what I thought I should be seeing.

In July 1960, I was twenty –six-years-old I went out for the first time for Gombe National Park in southeastern Africa to begin a study of the chimpanzees that lived in the forests along the shores of Lake Tanganyika. I had little formal training; still, I brought to my work my love of animal sand a desire for adventure. I thought at the time that the study might take three years. I ended up staying for more than two decades.

The 1970s saw changes in my understanding of the chimpanzees and in the way in which research was carried out at Gombe. In 1974 what I referred to as a "war" broke out between two groups of chimpanzees. One group eventually killed many members of the other group. I also witnessed a series of acts of infanticide (the killing of an infant) on the part of one of the older female chimps. These appearances of the darker side of chimpanzee behavior forced me to adjust my interpretation of these animals as being basically gentle and peace loving.

Osteoporosis is a condition in which the bones become fragile and brittle, leading to a higher risk of fractures (breaks or cracks) than in normal bone.

Osteoporosis occurs when bones lose minerals, such as calcium, more quickly than the body can replace them, leading to a loss of bone thickness (bone mass or density). As a result, bones become thinner and less dense, so that even a minor bump or accident can cause serious fractures. These are known as fragility or minimal trauma fractures.

Any bone can be affected by osteoporosis, but the most common sites are bones in the hip, spine, wrist, ribs, pelvis and upper arm. Osteoporosis usually has no signs or symptoms until a fracture happens - this is why osteoporosis is often called the 'silent disease'.

Who said the earth’s surface can’t change in a second??????

On March 11th 2011 I was in Japan. At 2:00 in the afternoon there was a shocking feeling under my feet. I thought I was shivering from the cold wind. I went to my parents and my twin sister. Then I realized that we were all shaking strongly. We ran down the stairs the fastest we could, screaming!!!! “The earth is shaking”. We ran back and opened the TV with astonishment I screamed, "An 8.9 magnitude earthquake." Oh! My god! They said there will be a tsunami. Afterwards everybody was praying the tsunami will not happen. All of a sudden the TV fell down and all the family hid under the table. We were screaming with fear the tsunami looked like a huge monster that wanted to swallow us. The tsunami was coming closer and closer I thought my heart was going to move from its place the wave started devouring people. I fainted. I knew later, that my dad picked me up and ran to the highest hill. I was mesmerized to see all the destruction done by the tsunami. The next day we went back to Lebanon and said to myself this was a traumatic experience that I’ll never ever forget.

Article posted March 25, 2011 at 10:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

If I were a president I should be able to be a leader. I should be honest, humble and fair.I should have strong leadership, capacities, long vision and wisdom .in addition I should have courage, responsibility, humanity and diplomacy. But most of all I should be intelligent with a strong character, long experiment, calm and understanding.

Article posted March 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

I am from two parents that are respectful to others.

I am from a family that is regardless, idolizing, cherishing and regardless.

I am from country that believes in democracy and of freedom of expression.

I am from a country that was burned into ashes it was green and now its black.

I am from a school that believes in respect, fairness, tolerance and appreciations.

I am from a school that cares about the environment of Lebanon and wants to help it become better.

I am a girl that likes to empathize with under privilege people.

I am transparent, respectful, friendly, gentle and decent.

I am a girl that loves to challenge myself and my goals are to be neater in homework, writing and hiring my reading level.

Article posted March 7, 2011 at 09:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

So Much Depends Upon

1) So much depends upon

Losing a friend

With a word that

Slips out of your

Mouth unintentionally.

2) So much depends upon

A lie that can

Wipe our

Smiles of our faces.

3) So much depends upon

Planting a smile on an

Under privilege

Child’s face

That is sweeping away

Their sorrows and pain.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

Outside a door where people come to rub their feet on me that is where I stand how much I hate when those horrible humans come to clean their dirty feet before they enter the beautiful clean house which happens to be a place that I am not allowed to enter especially when it rains. whole I sit there nothing to do having a horrible life, nothing to do .why did I have to have a horrible life I spoke to soon because here came the cat ready to pull my hair out .now I officially had the worst life ever ,if it weren’t for me your beautiful clean house would be very dirty and muddy footprints perhaps poop if you stepped in it on your way back home .every welcome rug has a greeting like welcome my neighbor has “come in” I would love to change that into “don’t enter” and “you are more than welcome to leave please do” until that happens I am sitting out a door with nothing to do.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Personal narrative

Gasping for air

Who said going on the boat is not fun? Well there was one day on September one I went on a boat and went to Eddesands. We went to eat and while waiting for the food. We went to the pool, and I banged my leg so hard that it was about to bleed. I thought the pool was deep but it was really it was not deep .Later it was time to eat and my friends baby brother pied on the boys !I blasted of giggles and scream hahahaha too bad for them and we jumped in the pool. The boys jumped in the pool and we were like eeuuuwww .Then we ran out of the pool and they followed us to the resterant.We ate lunch than the boys were still wet of pee so they sat on another table. After lunch we went to play in the sea. I was going to the deep then my friend Lea stopped me she said that there was a tornado in the deep sea! Then I swam so fast that I felt there was no oxygen in my body. Afterwards I went to play football in soap yey girls againsed boys. Girls won yes. It was time to leave. We left Eddesand and went back on the boat….

I am a fan of the Jonas Bothersmy favourite food is Lebanese food and Italian food.iI trvaveled to dubai disney world