Copyright (c) 2014 by RAW Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RAW -- Blogmeister

The Best, the Looser!!

5B

by RAW

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5B Poems or Reflections (01/26/12)
Description: Poems or reflections inspired by The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:08 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 196

I had a bad hair day because I didn’t brush my hair today

It doesn’t just happen on Thursdays but happens every single day.

So I went to my hair dresser that day.

To tell him my hair is a size of a sleigh.

I told him to cut my hair short and short but then I ended up bald.

When I looked in a mirror I saw a stranger staring at me.

But guess what it was actually me.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 104

A Road Not Taken is a poem where a person has too make a dission, a dission in life, a path to take, a destiny to choose he saw that both paths each destined the same but one of the paths was less traveled by and so it happend that he took the route less traveled by. Now that he looks back he knows he took the route less traveled by and made a big diference in the world and wondered what would have become of him if he were to take the other road

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 105

It made me remember the trip to ramlieah because my dad said if I didn’t go to ramlieh he would give me something. I knew what it was but I can’t tell you it something private. So atlas I took my decision I am going to stay in Beirut. I did go shopping. At night I was crying. I didn’t know if I did the right decision.i was asking myself if I did the right decision.

Here the author didn’t know which road should did he want to choose.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 100

Author: Alison Jackson

Genera: Fiction

Pages: 214

Settings: Shanti’s house, shanti’s cooking class, Evie’s home, and Evie’s dad’s home.

Connection: my first connection is that Evie loves to cook and I love to cook.

My second connection is when Evie throw something on the floor by accident and she was so embarrassed while she was in her cooking class I once throw something on the floor by accident in a just house I was also embarrassed like she was.

Main character:

Evie: Evie loves to cook she is patient she has brown hair and blue eyes.

Dad: Her dad writes cook books he is divorced with Evie’s mom and he is married to Angie and they are expecting twins.

Mom: Her mom teaches piano lessons and does not really know how to cook.

Angie: Is Evie’s step mother she is expecting twins she is very sweet and kind and she used to help Evie’s dad in his work that is how they met.

About the book: Evie is a thirteen years old girl her parents are divorced. She lives with her mom; her dad is married to Angie who used to work with him they are expecting twins. Her best friends name is Karyn they tell everything to each other. Evie has a neighbor that is old and mean her name is Mrs. Hamilton that has a cat called Millie which keeps hiding and Evie comes and looks for it and gets something for her from one of her recipes to try on Mrs. Hamilton. In the summer Evie signs up for a cooking class and there she meets a teacher that sells animals she used to be in a cooking show that is how Evie recognized the teacher her name is Shanti she is very nice. Her cooking partner is called Corey he is a bit better in cooking then her and Shanti is his aunt so he knows a lot about her. Corey almost has allergies from everything each time Evie gets with her to her cooking class he says he has allergies from it. Her mom is very sweet but does not know how to cook a lot Evie mostly does breakfast and dinner. Evie does not really like to talk to her step mom but later in the book they might be friends and might not.

Later in the book Evie might get a puppy and might not, because she has a big friendly dog called Mousse she loves him a lot but unfortunately he lives on her dad’s side.

About the author: The book egg over Evie was given 5 stars. Alison Jackson was born on 15 May 1960 in South Sea, Hampshire. She wrote “My Brother the Star” and “Blowing Bubbles with the Enemy” and of course “Eggs Over Evie.”

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 85

Through a valley

you make a choice

to rise up the mountain

or to continue forward

Your first thought

is to go up

because it’s the most chosen path

and it’s easier

because in life everybody follows

each other

But in life

you sometimes

have to be unique

and also because sometimes

you got to take the more challenging path

and the reason it’s more challenging

is because in life

you have to make

a difference

and this is one of the biggest challenges.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 71

The Road Not Taken

by:Robert Frost

This poem meant to me about having decisions in life and how hard it is to make a decision also to make a decision nobody did in life. It relates to me that once I had to make a choice either to go to my friend’s house or stay with my dad later I decided the right decision that to stay with my dad. It was a hard decision so I chose the right decision, to stay with my dad. I know that’s the right decision because my dad is going to travel I want see him him before he travels and also I have other times to go to my friend’s house.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 158

It reminds me of decisions he had taken and sometimes I would make decisions too.

I make my decisions after lots of thinking.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 95

The poem is about a person who does not know which road to pick. When he finally picked one he found out that there both the same except one was a bit longer but he picked the right one and his diction was right.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 142

Jan. 26, 2012

The Road Not Taken

This story meant that when Robert Frost stood in front of two roads he knew that people always used to take that one same road and he knew that the other road wanted people to step on it, so Robert frost wanted to be different so he took the road that nobody ever walked on. All because he wanted to be different… In another way.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 108

The poem is about making choices in life like if there are two paths that look’s alike, you have to make your choice. When you made your choice, you have to think if your choice is right. So think wisely before you make your choice.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 191

The poem talks about a man that stood in front of two roads. One of them is a road less travelled. The man wanted to make a change in life. This decent man doesn’t want to take the same road like other people. He wanted to make a change.

I can understand that he doesnt like to do what other people do. He likes to try something new.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 484

Reflection on “The Road Not Taken”

By: Robert Frost

In life you need to make choice. If you have more than one choice and you pick either one, when you’re almost through half of the choice you may wish that you picked the other choice. Making the wrong choice can change your own life in a bad way, that’s too bad for many people. Pick your choice wisely and take it but then do not turn back and say I wish I took the other path. Make every step in life wisely and then you will see what will happen. Be thoughtful, wise, and think of what you are supposed to do.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 278

To me this poem said that you should make sacrifices depending on the situation you are in.Also seeing something you did and think about how you would do it differently.This situation occured to me when I had to leave america without seeing my mom give birth.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 164

Robert Frost January 26, 2012

The poem (The Road not taken) is about making choices or decisions. It is about telling you to take the right or correct choice, to follow your heart. This poem has a meaning, a moral a message that you should find. How I make my decisions is that I think really carefully I think for long time not directly here’s an example: I want two toys but I can only get one so I think will I use this toy in the future when I get older or will I just throw it away or will I use The other I think deep and deeper until I know for I’m really sure that this is what my heart tells me I than its true.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 96

The poem is about how sometimes in life there will not be luck. For example, there are two roads and you want to decide on which road to choose, maybe it will change your life. Like the road that may never end, it might be that you will never come back to these diverted roads and take the other one. The road you have chosen could be a road less traveled by. I would just go with what my heart tells me to do. You should never hesitate; just think really well of what you are going to do. Imagine the consequences of your decisions, and then decide on what to choose.

A choice I had to make in my life was when I went to the game store and wanted two games. I was completely hesitating but you should never hesitate, so I went with what my heart told me to do without any interference from my friends. I just believed what my heart told me to do. Later in life I will have bigger decisions, so I have to think about it from now.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 09:56 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 105

A Choice

I glance upon the two roads.

One full of footsteps,

The other begging for attention.

I glance once again,

As I realize

They are the same.

Years later, I hope I will tell my tale.

I start walking,

And see the undergrowth covering the roads.

I take the one less taken,

A journey about to begin,

A choice to be made.

Inspired by “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 09:50 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 98

The Road Not Taken

By: Robert Frost

This poem was mainly about decisions in life. When you decide on something, it would be final. Sometimes you look back in relief or regret. I think Robert Frost was trying to say that in life you face a lot of cross roads, but once you have chosen a path you will look back and think weather it was right or wrong. And that’s normal in life. I believe in life that all the decisions you make are not by chance but by will. I also think you are capable of controlling your own life. That why some people end up in a difficult situation and they complain that life is by chance but it really isn’t. Because the things you do in life may lead to the situation you’re stuck in now. All you have to do is connect the dots.

I am the youngest in my family. I have four brothers and one sister. I like the song Last Friday Night, by Katy Perry and the song The Lazy Song, by Bruno Mars. I like singing. My favorite movie is Monte Carlo. I like to watch Disney channel. I am Lebanese