Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

The Best Blog-

by AA teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:05 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 151

Wind glides along the hill,

Undisturbed by the wind mill,

But then a wind hits its side,

Giving it an unstable ride,

Too up, too down, too right, too left,

It is like a swift theft,

The wind mill spinning it like a spinning-wheel,

For a breeze still holds everything I feel.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 09:56 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 89

A Choice

I glance upon the two roads.

One full of footsteps,

The other begging for attention.

I glance once again,

As I realize

They are the same.

Years later, I hope I will tell my tale.

I start walking,

And see the undergrowth covering the roads.

I take the one less taken,

A journey about to begin,

A choice to be made.

Inspired by “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 81

Bead

“I’m home!” I cried as my hand fell upon the bronze handle of our door. “Ana, Ana!” My baby sister exclaimed through her excited lips. I threw my bag and it slumped against my tabledesk. I fell upon my bed and stayed there for a few minutes. My eyes popped open and I glanced at my watch, it read 4:10. Better finish my grammar homework, so I have less homework after lunch, I thought. After a few more minutes, my sister came to me and called, “Ayde, ayde!!!”While she was pulling my hand, I put on my slippers and followed her. We came to the kitchen where my mom told me that lunch is ready. I sat down at the table and ate quickly. Even though that’s not healthy. Then I managed to escape my sister and hurried to my room to finish my homework. After about ten minutes I heard my mom yell:”Ines where is it!? I burst out of my room and saw my sister in front of my mom. “What happened?” I asked in shock. “She took her bracelet, threw it on the floor, and stuck half of a broken bead up her nose.” My mom answered in a quick, but stern voice. I couldn’t believe my ears. “We’ll take her to the doctor, if they can’t take it out; she’ll need to get surgery.” My mom quickly said, sounding worried herself. I tried not to imagine my sister with her nose cut in half. I couldn’t believe it, I couldn’t handle the stress. I looked at my sister, entered my room, and finished my homework so I could spend what seemed like the last moments of my life with my sister. When my parents were getting ready to go to the doctor I quietly said goodbye and hugged my sister. I went to read but couldn’t take in all the evenings’ events so I fell asleep. “Mm, leave me alone.” I lazily opened my eyelids and saw my mom.

I fell out of my bed laughing; my mom just told me that when they went to the doctor they didn’t see anything. But when they got back home Ines was hitting her nose and the bead just fell out. I can’t wait until Ines grows up so I could tell her this story.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 09:59 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 74

I chose this symbol because:

"Culture is as humble as a bat, if you loose part of your culture, you loose part of your essence. Don't let it be broken.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 75

Science Lab

I have always wanted to see my cells, and today I got the chance. Today, we went to the high school science lab to learn about cells. I saw my cells and they’re blue. I’ve been to many science labs before, but have never studied cells. We have trillions of extraordinary microscopic organisms in our body called cells. There are many different types of cells. But the two main types are animal cells, which we contain. And plant cells, which are found in plants. To get a plant cell, we used a layer of an onion, and to get an animal cell, we used a cotton bud and rotated it against the inside of our cheek. We got a slide and placed either the layer of the onion, or rotated the cotton bud against the slide. Then we placed a drop of methylene blue if we wanted to examine our animal cells, or we placed a drop of iodine if we wanted to examine the plant cells of the onion tissue. We then received a cover slide and placed the cover slide on top of the slide, and we observed the slide in the microscope. Cells are very important and are an amazing sight!

Article posted December 20, 2011 at 02:28 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 81

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 09:42 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 93

Presidential Qualities

Do you want a leader who bribes you to vote for them, who lies to you about politics, who starves his or her people, and puts his or her people in danger for their own selfish reasons? Well if you want a leader like that, you should vote for a dictator. A good leader should be honest and calm, to calm down his or her people when threatened by enemies. A president should be honest and transparent about politics. They should be determined to their work and people, so they can get a job done before they get a new one, they should provide at least half of their people’s needs so they don’t starve. They should be kind so they can get kindness in return which might help them get a vision of the upcoming days. Being a leader is not about having power or how rich you are, or if you are self-centered, but it’s about serving the community, and listening to their people, giving them the freedom to express themselves freely and openly. Be smart! Choose the leader who opens new schools to the poor or underprivileged instead of putting them in prison or jails.

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 01:22 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 129

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 01:06 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 108

Do you want a friend who backstabs you, spills out your secrets, who is boastful, and teases you a lot, manipulates you, and then talks behind your back, who bribes you for their own selfish reasons, and who does not empathize and support you? Well, if you want a friend with these qualities, feel free to go ahead and get one. But a good friend should have your mutual trust, and you should have their mutual trust, they should be loyal, so that you can tell them anything and they won’t spread it, they should help you especially if a loved one passed away, and they should support you mostly if you are running for a position, they should keep their promises, and they should be kind to you so they can get kindness in return, and you should be kind to them so you can get kindness in return. The statement: ”A friend in need is a friend indeed means that if a person comes to your aid and you help them they are truly your friend. Well! Be smart when you’re choosing your friends and do not let the physical appearance fool you.

Article posted October 18, 2011 at 09:49 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 75

If Only They Could Speak

“Sharpened, used, sharpened, used, and they don’t care a single bit about me! In fact, I was just knocked onto the floor! And I think I got shorter. I mean I’m forty-eight days old, and I’m only three inches long. And I think I got thinner, after all, they are always biting me with their rotten teeth, and then they throw me in that stinky garbage. I’m an orphan, taken away from my parents as a baby. I’m forced to fight my best friend the eraser. Even though I have stinky, short job I kind of feel jealous of the computer. It’s taking my place in the 21st century. Oh no, here comes that stupid sharpener! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Oh come on, now my led is broken again. I’m never safe, and the authors write all night. I wish the sharpener could just eat me up, but then that means I was invented for nothing! I think my days are almost over, people are using that computer more than they are using me, I need to do something about it! Oh no, here comes the sharpener!!!

I love reading, especially on a kindle, I love writing poetry, I am very good at climbing and sword figthting, my favorite possesion is my awesome baby sister who is two years old!