Copyright (c) 2014 by LS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LS -- Blogmeister

Blue Marble

by LS teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 36

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wNy4KHFSdRzucxKHgkNIlf0j_n-R9ONVBxuVxIRcZhc?feat=embedwebsite" target="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wNy4KHFSdRzucxKHgkNIlf0j_n-R9ONVBxuVxIRcZhc?feat=embedwebsite">

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 01:10 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 36

Dear ACS,

I think you should help me end poverty in the world. The fact that some people have shelter and food and some others don’t isn’t fair. I want to change that. I need your help with this goal because people should be happy. People who don’t have a home or food aren’t happy.

There are things that all children can do to fulfill this goal. First, play Free Rice. Free Rice is an online quiz. You have to pick a subject and you have questions to answer. So the more rice you donate, the more people you feed and make happy. If you want to play it, you go to www.freerice.com.

Another way to help is that you can put up signs. They can say: “Help People!” or “Stop Poverty!” You can put them on trees, elevators, at school, in your class/hall. There are many other places you can think of to hang signs for maximum exposer. You should put the posters at your schools because then everyone will be able to see them.

The last things you can do are to donate food and other items. Give the needy toys you’re too old for. You can decorate a box, put it in your class, and say a powerful speech to get your classmates interested in the donations.

My actions will make the world a better place, because then the poor people on the street will have shelter, food, toys, and a happy start! I need as many people to help me.

I encourage you to help me in any way from the ones listed!

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 36

Certain countries have famous food because some people who are Muslim don’t eat pork because of their religion. Also in the Philippines and in Thailand they eat a lot of seafood because they are next to the sea. Another reason is because of the weather. Like in Norway it is really cold so they don’t grow many different fruits there. In other places like here in Lebanon or in America cows aren’t walking around so you don’t get fresh milk in Beirut. But there is on farms.  So you order it from somewhere else.

Another true thing is that in some countries the weather doesn’t change so they can’t plant certain kinds of food, and they don’t have ingredients/recourses.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 33

Listener

Enthusiastic

Attentive

Sweet

All-Star Lover

Best

Runner

Amazing!

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:06 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 36

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/d4SuIDjWGbIY5bxS-1VdNHJqgRAjwwLbUBVygqD4i10?feat=embedwebsite" target="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/d4SuIDjWGbIY5bxS-1VdNHJqgRAjwwLbUBVygqD4i10?feat=embedwebsite">

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:00 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 40

My weekend this week wasn’t the best! I had a rough time being sick. The worst part was that my nose clogged up and I had to blow my nose every 5 minutes.

My hands were freezing cold so I had to cover up a lot. All I saw those 3 days were the TV and computer.

My ears were closed the whole time so I tried doing everything but it didn’t help.

That’s why I hate being sick! I also hate being sick because you have to catch up on homework.

But….I love being sick because you stay home all day and miss school!

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 05:15 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 34

On my Winter Advanced Choir Concert I was both excited and worried... It started like this...

As I woke up, I realized that it was my first Concert that year.

I was very excited as I said. There was 1 hour till the three hour rehearsal. I got ready and went down to school. We practiced everything from the beginning of the songs till the end. Not missing anything.

Then came the time to see how we will be going ON stage and going OFF of the stage.

It was complicated because first there were 3 basses singing together, then there was a song that we had decided to do around all the audience, also after that song we had to go on stage for the next song by the Selected Group. Last, the choir had to come up.

When we finished the rehearsal I was relieved!! I was really tired.

I went home and rested a little then it was time to go to the hairdresser. We were a little late to the rehearsal before the concert but Ms. Yara said it was fine. We go on stage in our long dresses -- which were to the floor -- and started singing. One by one the people started coming. In a while, the whole auditorium was full.

It was time to start the concert. We did the first 3 songs without the choir then they came up and we sang. As I was going to my section for the songs, I remembered that there were MANY people and a video taper that was filming the whole thing. He was coming right in front of our faces. As I got to my spot I felt scared, worried that I'd get a wrong note and ruin the song, happy, excited, and most of all I felt that I had achieved something. So I got to my spot and sang for 1 and a half! It was beautiful. Everyone clapped a lot! I had fun.

After that my sister, mom, dad, and I, went out to dinner.

But after that day, I had to do the same exact thing for the next concert. Because always, when there is a Winter Choir Concert, we have 2 concerts instead of 1. But I thought that it was fine and I got used to it.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 05:14 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 34

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 02:47 PM GMT+2 • comment (5) • Reads 36

I chose my picture, which is a "peace sign", because I think cultures need Peace ALL the time. That's why I picked it. :)

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 05:49 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 38

I am interviewing 8th grader, Lara Sabra because she has been in ACS for a long time! I wanted to know some things about her opinion regarding Elementary School, Middle School, and her going to High School next year. Here are some questions….

How were your elementary years?

They were really good years for me. I enjoyed them very much because the work was very easy.

How was your first year in Middle School?

It was scary because they were a lot of older kids, and the work was harder than before.

How is Middle School overall?

It is a good experience, and I’m sort of sad to leave it next year.

Which do you like more, Elementary or Middle School?

I like Elementary more.

Why do you like Elementary more?

I like it more because it was easier and we had fun during school.

How do you feel about going to High School?

I feel nervous and excited, because I’m starting High School and again I’m going to be the youngest one because 9th grade is the lowest grade in High School, and excited because I’m starting a new division.

Now I know what it will feel like going to Middle School and High School. I feel excited and scared at the same time; I know the first year in Middle School will be unforgettable.

Hi. I'm Blue Marble. My hobby is reading. I love music. I love JA.