Copyright (c) 2014 by AM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AM -- Blogmeister

Aya!!!:):)-

by AM teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:18 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 222

My daddy’s smart

My daddy’s clever

He knows what’s right he knows what’s better

But that’s not all there is more…

My daddy’s nice

My daddy’s kind

He wants the best for me and my brother

He hugs me he huddles me he cares for me

He’s on my side with every fight

And he knows that I am always right

He does not let anyone hurt my feelings and he does not let anyone leave a scratch on my heart

What a daddy I love him with all my heart maybe we fight but that’s alright he just wants the better for me

Oh daddy

Oh daddy

I love you so much you’re the one and only one who makes me happy in this life

My daddy’s generous

My daddy’s lovable

Oh, I hope you know how much I love you daddy!!!

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:12 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 74

Dear Miss Sandra,

Can I take your permission to travel to Turkey and go to space camp? This will make us smarter and this will widen our horizon.

The first reason I think we should travel is because we are learning about culture so if we travel we will get to learn about different culture like the different clothes they wear, the different food they eat, and the different religion they have…and more this will help us with our education.

The second reason is the students will cooperate with each other and have fun at the same time. Students will be more in depended. The students will also be more responsible in taking care of their things like money, clothes, handbags, jewelry… and more. The children will practice following their team or teachers and following the rules.

The third reason and final reason is because we are learning about landmark and landforms we would get a better view and explanation of the landmarks and landforms in the other countries.

In all these paragraphs what I am trying to say is that traveling will help us with our education and learning about culture, independence and responsibility, also landmarks and landforms. Also in this way we will have new experiences!!

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:04 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 73

I am from two lovely parents that care for me and my brother

I am from two parents that try their best to make us the happiest children in the world

I am from a family that is trustworthy, honest, kind, nice and respectful

I am from a family that strongly believes in honesty and respect

I am from a family that helps under privilege people a lot

I am from a family that is honest to each other

I am from a school that respects religions and respects all people equally

I am from a school that does not care if people have different skin color, religion they let everybody enter

I am from a school that is not fanatic

I am from a country that is respectful and helpful

I am from a country that is open for everyone

I am from a country that is one of a kind

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 10:01 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 63

- Humans should not smoke, so they won’t get sick or die.

- Humans should not smoke so they live longer with their friends and family. They should not smoke so they stay in good shape and in good health. If people smoke a lot, soon their heart will be black. If they also they did not smoke they will live a happy life without pain.

- You should not smoke because you are polluting the air. You can make a big fire without realizing. Like if you throw a cigarette next to tree without turning it off a big fire will erupt, or if you are in the car, restaurant or mall and you smoke the air will get polluted and if you are smoking next to a child they will be inhaling the smoke and this will affect them badly.

- People now that smoking is bad for them but they still smoke. They know that they are ruining their future, but when they start smoking they never stop. It’s an addiction. It’s your fault if you start smoking. People don’t control you, you control yourself, you become the slave of your habit. If you want to smoke (which I think is bad) it’s your fault, everything you do is in your hands it’s not you friends fault it’s your fault if you smoke.

- People should not smoke because smoking is not good at all for your own health and it pollutes the air around us.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 60

I think books are important because they teach us lots of important things.

Frist: They teach us new information animals, outer space and more stuff… They teach us how things grow and how things keep working, for example if you want to know how you could cook you can get a cook book and learn how to cook or if you are fixing something and you don’t know how to fix it you can get a book about it.

Second: Books make us smart especially non-fiction text. They teach us how to be polite and how to react with people. They teach us new words you can say so people get interested in what you are saying.

Third: Books are not only about providing information there are also fun books for children. Lots of good picture books and lots of good chapter book. They make children get hooked to them and enjoying and dreaming of a different world. From those chapter and picture books kids will be better writers and have a vivid imagination. With everything they have read they can combine them and do a story of their own.

Last: I think books are important because they teach us how to be polite to have a big imagination they teach us new words and lots of great stuff.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 101

Author: Alison Jackson

Genera: Fiction

Pages: 214

Settings: Shanti’s house, shanti’s cooking class, Evie’s home, and Evie’s dad’s home.

Connection: my first connection is that Evie loves to cook and I love to cook.

My second connection is when Evie throw something on the floor by accident and she was so embarrassed while she was in her cooking class I once throw something on the floor by accident in a just house I was also embarrassed like she was.

Main character:

Evie: Evie loves to cook she is patient she has brown hair and blue eyes.

Dad: Her dad writes cook books he is divorced with Evie’s mom and he is married to Angie and they are expecting twins.

Mom: Her mom teaches piano lessons and does not really know how to cook.

Angie: Is Evie’s step mother she is expecting twins she is very sweet and kind and she used to help Evie’s dad in his work that is how they met.

About the book: Evie is a thirteen years old girl her parents are divorced. She lives with her mom; her dad is married to Angie who used to work with him they are expecting twins. Her best friends name is Karyn they tell everything to each other. Evie has a neighbor that is old and mean her name is Mrs. Hamilton that has a cat called Millie which keeps hiding and Evie comes and looks for it and gets something for her from one of her recipes to try on Mrs. Hamilton. In the summer Evie signs up for a cooking class and there she meets a teacher that sells animals she used to be in a cooking show that is how Evie recognized the teacher her name is Shanti she is very nice. Her cooking partner is called Corey he is a bit better in cooking then her and Shanti is his aunt so he knows a lot about her. Corey almost has allergies from everything each time Evie gets with her to her cooking class he says he has allergies from it. Her mom is very sweet but does not know how to cook a lot Evie mostly does breakfast and dinner. Evie does not really like to talk to her step mom but later in the book they might be friends and might not.

Later in the book Evie might get a puppy and might not, because she has a big friendly dog called Mousse she loves him a lot but unfortunately he lives on her dad’s side.

About the author: The book egg over Evie was given 5 stars. Alison Jackson was born on 15 May 1960 in South Sea, Hampshire. She wrote “My Brother the Star” and “Blowing Bubbles with the Enemy” and of course “Eggs Over Evie.”

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 148

Author: Louis Sachar

Level: V

Pages: 233

Main Character:

Stanley Yelnats: He’s a friend in need is a friend in deed. He's always there for his friends.

Hector Zeroni: In camp green lake they call him Zero because they think he in not smart and because he does not talk to anyone except Stanley but he is very smart in math and Stanley is teaching nimbi how to read and write.

Warden: She is the one In charge of the camp she puts nail polish from snake poison.

Mr. sir: helps in camp green lake he stopped smoking and now he is eating sunflower seaweed. Does not like Stanley.

Mr. Pendanski: also helps in camp green lake but he is nice to Stanley and he makes fun of zero he always laughs at him because he thinks he’s dump.

About the book: There was a boy called Stanley Yelnats if you read his name backwards it is Stanley Yelnats that’s way his parents called him that it is a tradition in his family. In school everybody hated him because he was overweight they would laugh at him and call him names and throw his stuff in the toilet seat imagine just because he was overweight. He had a great great grandfather who had a curse on him that means his whole family would be cursed and every mistake they would do they would blame it on his no-good-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather. One day Stanley was walking back from school when Clyde Livingston’s 1 million dollars shoe fell from the sky on his head. Clyde Livingston is a famous basketball player. When the police saw him running to show it to his dad the shoe because his dad was trying to invent a shoe recycler but when he would try to invent something it would never work he would always blame it on his no-good-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather. When the police stopped him and saw Clyde Livingston’s shoe he toke him to court and they called his parents. There Stanley explained how he found the shoe but he lied because he knew no one would believe him this time he did not blame it on his no-good-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather it was his own problem. The police asked him if he wanted to go to gail or camp green lake he of course chose camp green lake. In camp green lake there is no lake it is a plain long dessert it is for bad boys under eighteen. Not one drop of rain falls on camp green lake. There they would have to dig a five feet wide and five deep hole and if you found something valuable while you are digging you can give it to the warden and if she likes it she will give you the rest of the day off. The warden is the she’s the chief in charge of camp green lake. Stanley was assigned in group D in group D everybody had a nickname they called Stanley Caveman for some reason. Stanley was careful with all of them because he knew they were dangerous. They would have to wake up at 4:00 in the morning because it is to hot and if they started early they will have more time before sunrise because it is so hot. There Stanley teached Zero (Hector Zeroni) how to read and write. They did a deal that if Zero dug half of Stanley’s hole (because he is a fast digger) for the rest of the day he will teach him how to read and write because he needs strength. Until one day Zigzag had a fight with Stanley and then Zero started choking Zigzag Mr. Pendanski pushed Zero and the Warden came (Mr. Pendanski is the substitute of the warden) the warden asked why this happened Zigzag told him about the deal then the warden asked some letters to zero he got them all right except on everybody started laughing except for Stanley. Zero got the shovel and it threw on Mr. Pendanski then ran away to the dessert. Few days later Stanley thought maybe zero is still alive (because in the dessert there is no water or food you can’t) Stanley tried to steal Mr. Sir’s truck but he could not because the truck fell in the hole so he ran looking for Zero he finally found him sitting under a boat.

Author: Louis Sachar was born in East Meadow, New York on March 20, 1954 he is 57 years old. He at least published 15 books. Graduated from University of California at Berkeley with an economics major. First book was Sideway Stories from Wayside School. Now he Currently lives in Austin, Texas.

Connections: My first connection is in esperanza rising they were forced to work and in holes they were forced to dig holes.

My second connection is when Zigzag started bulling Stanley it is also like in Esperanza rising when Marta bullied Esperanza.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 95

The poem is about a person who does not know which road to pick. When he finally picked one he found out that there both the same except one was a bit longer but he picked the right one and his diction was right.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 84

I was jumping all over the place hanging this hanging that we would open boxes and take them out

Guess what …

We were hanging the Christmas tree my mom my brother and I. It was a regular tree that was living in our house for 8 years still in good shape. We got new decorations that were purple and silver the purple balls were all filled with glitter poked in them small cute purple stars. If you hold them tight you might be poked by the small shining stars. The silver ones were all different some were reindeers and some were pretty little angels and some were big silver balls with smaller balls in them. The light was glowing between that balls it would be ticking like a watch on your mom’s wrist it would go like: tick tick tick tock!! The light goes off and again tick tick tick tock!! Until it changes to another tune. The star at the very top of the tree watching us down shining like a diamond on the ring it would stay there until you bring it down.

At the end when you finish all of it would be perfect only one thing is missing under that tree the gap would be filled on Christmas morning. You go to sleep … after a few weeks its Christmas morning you wake up and that gap is all gone replaced with surprise and all kind of presents gifts from everyone especially Santa!!!(Who are your parents!!!)

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 09:56 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 97

A clover with only three wings does not give you faith or luck to your culture but a four leaf clover does, so keep it safe like you keep your culture safe, so grow with it till you die and pass it to the younger one.

My name is Aya. I am in 5th grade. i am 10 years old. i have one brother and two houses.