Copyright (c) 2014 by LEM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LEM -- Blogmeister

Lina's Blog -

by LEM teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5B - Personal Narrative (11/21/11)

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 09:45 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 408

I love surprises a lot, and this was my favorite surprise when my mom came and said:” We are going to Antalya in Turkey to a hotel that is called Max Royal and it is one of the biggest hotels in Antalya and we are staying there for a week.” I was mesmerized and flipped out and said:” What day, what day, what daaay!” She said on July 7. We started packing the suitcase because tomorrow we are traveling, then I slept and I was thinking about Antalya and our hotel and I think we will have a big pool just for us! When I woke up, I saw my mom already dressed to go, and I said:” Where are you going and why are you in a hurry?” She said:” Go change fast because I forgot to tell you that we are going in the morning to the airport to get the tickets and the plain is leaving at 8:00 and the time is already 6:00 and it takes maybe an hour and a half or more!” I went to change fast got the suitcase and my brother, sister, and dad is already changing. We double checked the inside the suitcase if we forgot something because we are staying there for a week. We started leaving to the airport. When we arrived there, we went to get our tickets and went inside of the plain. When we arrived to Antalya, we went to the hotel and our room was two floors and booth floors were very big. We started unpacking the suitcase and wore our swimming suits and went to restaurant in Max Royal and we ate and everything was free because, we paid $200 in the lobby for everything. My mom said, "Every time at night there will be a very nice show and it will also be very funny.” We watched the show then we went back to our room, we took a shower and went to bed. We did the same thing for the past 5 days and the 6th day we went parasailing and Jet skiing. The last day, we went rafting. When we went on the boat we had to go under the water, the water was freezing. When we finished they showed me the picture that I was jumping in an alligator’s mouth, and they said that I was the captain because I jumped from the mountain to the freezing water and because I was the bravest one in my group. We went back to the hotel and packed our suitcases and went to eat. When we finished eating, we went to the airport and traveled back to Beirut. It was the best summer I had; I will never forget my experience!

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 98

I was only three and this was probably a living nightmare. I was in the living room and all of a sudden I tripped and my mouth landed on the edge of the table .As soon as my dad saw it he rushed me to the hospital. I was crying my head out the whole car ride and finally we reached there my dad rushed me to the emergency room and guess what happened? They put Stitches it hurt so much when the doctors were putting a needle in and out 6 times!!!! So of course my favorite part of the day was when the doctors told my dad that they were done and I got to get whatever I want J So I was only three and I didn’t really pick my present wisely I got a toy soldier. So as soon I got home my mom ran to me and squeezed me so hard that I probably had to go to the hospital again, she asked me if I was okay and of course I said yes but the stitches kind of hurt so I sat down and rested from that long adventure and hope that this will never ever happen again.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 09:36 AM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 123

Just a Simple Burn

Why? Why him. He had never harmed anyone, it was unfair and painful. It was like having a punch in the face watching him there screaming and screeching, being held by his mother and ready to go to the hospital. It was just a few hours ago that I was playing with him and chasing him around, he was my cousin my baby cousin. I’m much attached to him and seeing him there in pain was the worst moment in my entire life. It all began when he was taking a shower suddenly the hot water was turned on it charged toward his delicate and gentle skin like a bull running toward the red cape. Screams of pain came from the bathroom. My aunt horridly grabbed him and smeared cream for burns all over his body. As I watched her do so my heart was throbbing with pain. I felt as if someone had stabbed me, I couldn’t take it anymore I had to sit down. My head fell into my hands as I started to cry and sob. He was rushed to the hospital by my mom and aunts. I was in so much pain and soreness. I missed him already after about ten minutes. I decided to read to exclude what just happened. I couldn’t get it out of my head. I was counting the minutes waiting for them to come back. One hour went by and they weren’t home yet, I waited and waited till I couldn’t any more. I started to cry again but this time I couldn’t stop. Finally the doorbell rang I opened the door and there he was lying his mother’s shoulders all wrapped up with white cloth. Just looking at him there made my palms burn, tears rolled down my face my heart felt a thousand times heavier than it was a minute ago it was a scary feeling . I never imagined how much damage could happen from just a simple burn. He was in so much pain, a baby his age would be crawling all around the floor playing with toys. But all he did was sit there. Sometimes I feel that life has no justice but we have to accept no matter what! As I watch him heal I become happier and happier every day.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 09:49 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 103

Have you ever seen a person Police Station in one hour? Well I did. My heart was racing while waiting for my present. I couldn’t wait for my new Police Station set. Sweat trickled down my face; I was running aimlessly like a tiger from one place to another. My heart was pounding like a water pump. The minute I heard the doorbell “Ding Dong”. I raced to the door when I opened it the surprise was right there waiting to be hugged.

I got a scissors and carefully opened the box. In the box there were nine bags each bag contained a number to know which catalog to use. First, the signs on the entrance. Second, the prison cells, they were so cool the slide open and close. Third, the garages the also slide. Fourth, the Administration Building the main area of the police station. It had a desktops, bug shot area water cooler, coffee maker, two investigation areas, the chiefs officer room that has a TV and a bailing machine for bailing any prisoner. I also bought another set it was a Lego mobile police unit. It had a small prisoner jail in the back of it, the whole car is two pieces inside it sit two people and track down the bad guys in the city, there is a coffee maker and two computers and TV’s and one handcuff. That was the second piece. The first piece is the driver place. So the latch connects the two parts. It also had a motorcycle and a road block and a red sports car for the bad guy. I started playing cops and robbers. It’s good I have a Lego bank so the bad guys reach their goal. Also is good that I have a police station and a mobile police unit track them down and a place to rest in. First the bad guys sneaked out of the police station because they had crowbars under his bed and he broke the toilet open and they escaped down the pipes. I gave one bad guy a sports car and the other bad guy a motorbike and I raced them to the bank. Next the security was sending in the money and the cash with the diamonds the color of them are gold it’s curved with lines like zebra stripes that are transparent. So he emptied them returned he empty bags to his truck and sat for a while. Prisoner 1 the guy with the motorcycle climbed the pipe on the wall and opened the window and fell in the room of money. The safe was closed so he took out his crowbar and broke the precious safe open stole all the money he could and put them in his backpack and jumped in his motorbike and left. Back to prisoner 2 with the sports car had been caught driving the stolen sports car and driving without any license. He got a bug shot and got sent behind bars. Back to prisoner 1 the mobile police unit was chasing him so he started driving recklessly out of nowhere two police cars came driving right at him in the front with their flashing siren and that noise sounded like someone screaming ran right through the sports car drifted to the left. Because he pressed the sport button. So both police cars crashed in each other and exploded. The mobile car was still chasing prisoner 1. He had a device jammer that jammed the police tracker what’s going to happen now a police officer said. The prisoner was driving twice the horsepower of a Lamborghini. Out of nowhere the mobile car blocked his way he crashed right into it police officers they jumped of the car landed on the road and ran. Both cars exploded and caught on fire. Everyone was safe but not the city the bad guy is running away. Get him!!!!

Finally they caught him and called in a transport for the prisoner and the police and got sent to the police station bug shot, behind bars that is how my police station does maybe some people do it another way but this is how I do it. This means I will be a very knowledgeable person for building a building like an engineer.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 182

Ahhhhhhhhh!! I screamed when I saw the cutter full of red blood that looked like tomato sauce. Slowly feeling my chin with my fingertips all I saw was blood oozing out like a gushing stream.

I ran to my aunt. WHAT HAS HAPPEND?!? She exclaimed. We have to take you directly to the hospital. my heart was pounding fast I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the big hole in my chin I felt like fainting and dropping hard on the floor like a piece of dried log.. Finally, I got in the car with my aunt’s help, my legs were dragging behind me, my body was shaking vigorously I was having a panic attack. I was frightened because this is the only the first time I’ve been to the hospital. On our way we had to make a little stop to the hairdresser to get my mother. The second she came in I started, screaming that her I’m so scared! I don’t want to get any surgery! I want dad! Then she said that dad will meet us there. When I got to the hospital I had to go directly to the emergency room and then all my aunts, uncles, cousins, even my grandma came. Then when I overheard the word "stiches" I screamed

“STICHES!!!? I DON’T WANT TO HAVE STICHES=http://” Why me? I don’t want! I don’t want=http://! But I had to! End of story my mom said some other doctors came and held my head because I kept on shaking, panicked, and my mom tried to calm me down while massaging my feet. About an hour later the operation was almost done. They placed a new clean white cloth on my chin to stop blood from oozing out and I had to change it twice a day, I had two keep it for two months. No physical- education or running.

Still up till now! Whenever I see a cutter all the traumatic memories come back to me, scaring me! I learned my lesson that from now on I have to be very careful with sharp edged tools.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 93

I was shocked, I was really surprised. It was the moment that, I will remember for the rest of my life. Sitting above beautiful dark wood sitting on my Mom’s chair. I answered my cousin yes who was on the other side of the line yes I’ll go to Old Trafford with you on the 6th of May.                           

The reason I was so shocked was because my cousin and Uncle Mohammad had offered my dad and I an invitation go to Old Trafford (The stadium of Manchester United), to watch Man U vs. Chelsea on the 8th of May. This game was very important because it would decide who’s going to win tittle for the premier league. This generous offer from my uncle impressed me because he got us V.I.P tickets.                                

We stayed in London for a couple of days before we took the flight to Manchester. We stayed at a lovely hotel near one of the biggest and best known parks in England “Hyde Park”.  It had beautiful trees, a huge lake and best of all is that you can feed the squirrels. We were also facing a huge department store named Harrods. I loved it. It has lovely clothes, the best food and the best candy ever it had about 5 floors with beautiful marble flooring.         

Every night we went to dinner. In London we went to fascinating restaurants called Koi and Nobu. I enjoyed the food especially the fried beef. I could smell the grease roaring from the pan. It sizzled into my nose and I felt like I was in heaven.              

The next day I felt awesome, the wind was coming on my face with the slim cool London breeze. My heart pumping and I knew that today was the day where my dream will come true. I’ll say it in six words. “I am going to Old Trafford!”

We left to Manchester at about 11:30 because the flight was only 30 minutes and the game started at 4:00. When we arrived I was stunned. I had seen the stadium on TV but not in real life and it was much clearer. The stadium intrigued me with its multiple wonderful colors. Especially in big red that letters that said “Welcome to Old Trafford”.                    

The stadium tour guide took us around because we were V.I.P guests. They were very polite and they carried our bags when we were shopping in the megastore and they even gave us gifts, mugs where the team’s name were engraved on the mugs.

We took a lot of pictures because it was the first time I had been there and I wanted to remember it. Finally when we finished with touring the stadium, they took us to the café because we were to meet with the head of Manchester United sponsorships. But before we met him we saw a former Manchester United player named Gary Palister. It was a real honor to meet him we even took a picture with him. Later few minutes before the match we also met Fabio Cappello the England manger. Because I was under shock meeting these important figures in a very short period of time and my heart was pounding fast, speechless, I could speak few words” Will you sign my magazine Mr.Cappello? With an Italian accent he said, yes! “Defiantly!” I couldn’t contain my happiness, so I screamed! “Wow!” 

Finally it was match time. I took a seat but I felt I was soaring with joy. This game was so important because if my favorite team wins the tittle, my dream will come true. So the game kicked off. It was only 36 seconds on the watch when united hit the back of the net. The whole stadium erupted with joy I jumped out of my chair; my blood was circulating like 1000 miles pure hour through my heart. I was screaming and jumping like I have never done before. I almost went deaf because there was so much noise in my ear. About 22 minutes later we had a corner. Man United took it short then they crossed it up to Man United’s captain who scored with a header and once again the stadium erupted with joy. After that no goals were scored except when Chelsea got one back with 20 minutes to go make it 2-1. But it didn’t matter because my favorite team won that day and they eventually won the title. Instantly we left the stadium because we didn’t want to get stuck in traffic. I can’t find the right words to describe my feelings at the time. It’s more than happiness.  I’ll never forget that day. It will leave an imprint on my soul that years won’t even be able to wash it away. My uncle, “ I’ll never ever forget your favor.”

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 84

It was dark and lonely night when my dad was not at home, mother and I were in the kitchen. I was helping her with the dishes, while my brother was in his room playing with his toys.

After a while, I went to the living room and the TV was already on. I recognized it was my brother’s favorite TV show. I went to his room to tell him while I was going there he was already running in front of me, because he knew it was on. Suddenly while he was running he tripped over the carpet and fell on the sharp corner of the table on his forehead. My mother came dashing in front of me when she heard screaming and I ran after her. My mom held my brother and we directly out of the door to our neighbor’s house. We started knocking so hard that they opened the door right away, when they saw my brother’s head dripping with blood they knew where we wanted to go. They quickly went to go change their clothes. Then they took my brother “Yamen” to the hospital. While I stayed at my neighbor’s house with their children playing cards but that did not make me feel better.

From 8:00 to 12:00 (at night) we were waiting. Tears were dripping out of my eyes and falling down to my lap. Then finally, we heard the bell ring I ran to the door and I saw my mom and neighbor’s husband clothe full of blood so was “Yamen’s.” My dad was carrying my brother in his arms. After few weeks “Yamen” was better.

I was relieved that we had such good and helpful neighbors and I was glad that now the only thing left was a scar to revive this traumatic experience.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 80

I was jumping all over the place hanging this hanging that we would open boxes and take them out

Guess what …

We were hanging the Christmas tree my mom my brother and I. It was a regular tree that was living in our house for 8 years still in good shape. We got new decorations that were purple and silver the purple balls were all filled with glitter poked in them small cute purple stars. If you hold them tight you might be poked by the small shining stars. The silver ones were all different some were reindeers and some were pretty little angels and some were big silver balls with smaller balls in them. The light was glowing between that balls it would be ticking like a watch on your mom’s wrist it would go like: tick tick tick tock!! The light goes off and again tick tick tick tock!! Until it changes to another tune. The star at the very top of the tree watching us down shining like a diamond on the ring it would stay there until you bring it down.

At the end when you finish all of it would be perfect only one thing is missing under that tree the gap would be filled on Christmas morning. You go to sleep … after a few weeks its Christmas morning you wake up and that gap is all gone replaced with surprise and all kind of presents gifts from everyone especially Santa!!!(Who are your parents!!!)

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 90

Bead

“I’m home!” I cried as my hand fell upon the bronze handle of our door. “Ana, Ana!” My baby sister exclaimed through her excited lips. I threw my bag and it slumped against my tabledesk. I fell upon my bed and stayed there for a few minutes. My eyes popped open and I glanced at my watch, it read 4:10. Better finish my grammar homework, so I have less homework after lunch, I thought. After a few more minutes, my sister came to me and called, “Ayde, ayde!!!”While she was pulling my hand, I put on my slippers and followed her. We came to the kitchen where my mom told me that lunch is ready. I sat down at the table and ate quickly. Even though that’s not healthy. Then I managed to escape my sister and hurried to my room to finish my homework. After about ten minutes I heard my mom yell:”Ines where is it!? I burst out of my room and saw my sister in front of my mom. “What happened?” I asked in shock. “She took her bracelet, threw it on the floor, and stuck half of a broken bead up her nose.” My mom answered in a quick, but stern voice. I couldn’t believe my ears. “We’ll take her to the doctor, if they can’t take it out; she’ll need to get surgery.” My mom quickly said, sounding worried herself. I tried not to imagine my sister with her nose cut in half. I couldn’t believe it, I couldn’t handle the stress. I looked at my sister, entered my room, and finished my homework so I could spend what seemed like the last moments of my life with my sister. When my parents were getting ready to go to the doctor I quietly said goodbye and hugged my sister. I went to read but couldn’t take in all the evenings’ events so I fell asleep. “Mm, leave me alone.” I lazily opened my eyelids and saw my mom.

I fell out of my bed laughing; my mom just told me that when they went to the doctor they didn’t see anything. But when they got back home Ines was hitting her nose and the bead just fell out. I can’t wait until Ines grows up so I could tell her this story.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 203

Darkness was everywhere the stars weren’t shining.

“Dayane Dayane wake up wake up”! We were all screaming the wind blew on my face I was gasping for air.

I looked at my mom but couldn’t look back .saw her shaking! She put her hand on her head and said “TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!"

My dad carried her with his wet hands and ran to the car.Sudenly my heart started to race I didn’t know exactly why, but I was trying to handle it.What is going to happen to my sister is she going to die? OH! God please help my sister!.

Suddenly I heard her saying “where am I”?

“MOM MOM Dayane woke up!” I yelled. We are taking you to the hospital.

When we arrived to the hospital the nurse brought a wheel chair and rushed directly to the emergency room we followed her.

The doctor took her blood pressure (1) her face turned pale and Dayane wondered what was it? “What is wrong with you people”? She asked .

My brothers took the doctor to another room to talk to him.

The doctor advised her to stay in the hospital for few days. My mom was terrified and so was I! But the doctor told us that there was nothing seriose.Few days later my sister recovered and came back home .

I’ll never forget this traumatic experience in my life!i love my sister and I don’t think I could live without her!!!.