Copyright (c) 2014 by RD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RD -- Blogmeister

Robin

5B

by RD

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5B - Blood Journey (11/21/11)

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 450

My Journey to the Heart

I am a drop of blood. I am tired and deoxygenated I work very hard. I came from the brain.  I went into the superior vena cava with my friends. So the vein took me. And my friends. Knock knock, Atrium can I come in? “Of course” Replied the right atrium so my friends and I went in. The atrium is the upper chamber of the heart. The tri-cuspid valve opened in one way. There are two valves in the heart. We went into the lower chamber of the heart and I also saw the septum. The septum divides the heart into two sides. Then we went into the pulmonary vein and it took us to the lungs. The lungs are organs in the body when we inhale the lungs get inflated and when we exhale the lungs are deflated.  The heart washed us like if it was a washing machine. From the lungs we went back to the left atrium through the pulmonary vein (the only vein that carries oxygenated blood.) The mitral valve opened and down to the left ventricle the aorta took us back to all the upper organs, and all the cells that were waiting for us patiently. My liquid is plasma and my job is to carry nutrients, waste, and oxygen. If the human body dies unfortunately, will stop functioning  too. It’s too sad.

Article posted November 17, 2011 at 09:59 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 64

My Journey Through the Heart

I am a drop of blood coming from the brain. I’m filthy and feeling blue. I came through the superior vena cava, and started to knock on the right atrium pleading to be let in. “Please right atrium let me in!” I said. Finally they opened and I rushed in and waited for the tricuspid valve to open. After it had opened I rushed into the right ventricle then the pulmonary artery which is the only artery that carries the de-oxygenated blood took me to the lungs. I felt so special. On my way I saw my friend the septum, I waved to him but he didn’t wave back he must have been in a bad mood. I arrived at the lungs and waited until I was taken in and stared to wash me. I went swish swash. Finally I was finished and ready to go. I was taken by the pulmonary vein which is the only vein that carries oxygenated blood to the left atrium! Again I waited for the valve to open but this time it was the mitral valve. The valve finally opened and I entered the right ventricle. I am now being taken by the aorta the largest artery to restart my new journey in the human body!!!

By: Liana 5B

Click Here to see the diagram of circulation of the blood through the heart. 

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 09:37 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 164

I am a drop of blood. I have been carried by the veins. I am going to be cleaned either in through the Inferior vena cava or the superior vena cava I was dropped in the superior vena cava with another group of blood drops. We knocked on the right atrium “please help us we feel so filthy we need to be cleaned help us! Help us!” The right atrium responded: “I never get enough of this, come on in!” Right now were inside the right atrium waiting for the tricuspid valve to open. All of us blood drops are pushing and push g and when the tricuspid valve opens we automatically fell into the right ventricle it was do fun! Then an arteries called pulmonary (the only arteries that carries de-oxygenated blood) transported us to the lungs there we got rid of the Carbon Dioxide and we got oxygen then the pulmonary vein (the only vein that carries oxygenated blood) took us to the left atrium and we pushed and pushed and we went down to the left ventricle by the Mitral valve. Finally our friend Aorta a.k.a. (and arteries) took us oxygenated blood all around the body I was so happy to be clean again.

Article posted November 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 60

I am a drop of blood coming from the brain. I am the deo-oxygenated blood, but why me? Why me? I am the SUPERIOR VENA CAVA I am going to be pumped by the heart into the lungs to be cleaned. My journey begins now!!

I knock on the right atrium please let me in I need to be cleaned the right atrium opens the door and I pass through a tiny opening called the tri-cusped valve then I go down into the right ventricle and I see the septum. The septum divides the heart into two. Then we went in the pulmonary artery (is the only artery that carries deo-oxygenated blood)it took us to the lungs these are organs in our body. They are responsible about inhaling oxygenated blood and exhaling deo-oxygenated blood. They are like a balloon, when we inhale they are inflated. The lungs started washing us. From the lungs we went back to the left atrium, by the pulmonary vein it’s the only vein that carries deo-oxygenated blood. The mitral valve opens and we go down to the left ventrical after that we are pumped to the aorta the aorta takes us to all body parts.

This is how my blood circulates in my body over and over again.

By: Aya Mlaeb

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 10:14 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 133

I’m a drop of blood coming from the superior vena cava. I knocked on the right atriums door yelling for help. “I have carbon dioxide in me.” I need to be cleaned. Finally in the right ventricle but still I feel grouse then to the pulmonary artery that takes me to the lungs. The lungs exhaled the carbon dioxide, the waste gas and whaled the oxygen. Come on hurry up! Finally in to the pulmonary vein to the left atrium threw the mitral valve landing in the biggest and strongest chamber left ventricle which pushes the oxygenated blood to the aorta that delivers to the rest of the body the whole circulation takes about one minute and starts all over again.