Copyright (c) 2014 by AC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AC -- Blogmeister

A.C

5B

by AC

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5B - Science Lab (10/27/11)

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 10:08 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 425

I couldn’t believe it we were actually going to a science lab; everybody was excited, because we were going to see our cells and plant cells.

We saw the plant cells by cutting a piece of onion, putting a drop of blue ink and inserting it under a light microscope. If you want to see a human cell you get a cotton bud and rub it from the inside of your cheek and spread it on the slide and you also have to put it in a specific place under the microscope.

Most of my friends saw everything clearly except me. I thought I didn’t see it clearly because when I started to use the microscope there was about seven people behind me waiting to see their cells and they wouldn’t stop shouting “COME ON KARIM ARE YOU EVER GOING TO FINISH??!!”.So as quickly as possible I turned off the microscope and ran away from that chaos. I wrapped both of my cells together and walked away to my friends were kind in off for letting me see their cells and I could see it perfectly the nucleus, vacuole and Cell membrane!! They were really lucky. Almost all of them could see their cells. So then it was time to leave.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 09:32 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 238

Have you ever seen 20 cells just on one slide? Well I did. We lined up in the class it was time. We started walking to the middle school science lab. When we stepped in we met a science teacher. His name was Mr. Simon Barakat. We all greeted him. He started demonstrating how to prepare a slide for an Animal Cell and a Plant Cell. For the Animal Cell, First use a cotton bud, we then put it inside your inner cheek, then start rotating it. Afterwards get our slides and then start rotating it again on the slide, then put a drop of methylene blue on it. Next put the cover slide on it and wait one minute for it to stain. After that slide it in the microscope. Then adjust it if you need help just ask Dr. Simon. I saw lots of cells; I saw the nucleus, and Cell Membrane. The nucleus stood out because it was dark blue. It was very exciting to explore the Cells components under the microscope. Even my friend almost had the same cells but my other friends did not have the same cells. For Plant Cells, Peel a piece of onion layer with the tweezers. Then place it on the slide. Next put a drop of iodine on the slide, then put on the cover slide. After one minute observe the slide under the microscope. The adjust it. Excitedly, we followed the teacher’s instructions. When I looked through the microscope, the cells were colored. I saw the Cell Wall, Cell Membrane, and Nucleus. In the end we wrapped our slides in paper tissues and taped them then left the science lab. At first I predicted that we were going to see the lysosomes, ribosomes, Endoplasmic Reticulum, Chloroplast etc. I have really enjoyed this exiting learning, experiencing trip, because we used the microscope and prepared our own slides. Also because I like science.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 296

“Yay, Yay we are going to see cells,” I said. 9:00 sharp I said finally time to go to the LAB! When we arrived we all sat around the tables while Mr.Barakat introduced himself. After that, he told us to take a cotton bud and rub around in circles on the inside of our cheeks. Then we were supposed to rub it on a slide and drop of methylene blue, then put a cover slide on top and look at it under a microscope. After that we didn’t only want to see an animal cell (as we are considered animals) we wanted to see plant cells.

Mr. Barakat chopped a piece of an onion and with some tweezers he grabbed a tissue of cells, he cut a tiny piece of it and rubbed it on a slide, then dropped a drop of iodine which was brown and placed a cover slide on top. We observed the cells we all did. I learned a lot it was a nice experience for me and I think for everyone else.

It was a great experience, and I’ll never ever forget what I’ve learned on that day. 

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 216

We were studying about animal cells and plant cells. Mrs. Richani took us to the science lab in order to prepare our own cells and observe them under the microscope.

Mr. Simon the science coordinator taught us how to prepare an animal cell and a plant cell.

For the animal cell we get a cotton bud rub it from the inside off or cheek rub rub rub then we wipe it on our slide and put one drop of iodin then put the slide cover on top. I finished the animal cell it was time to prepare the plant cell.

Now for the plant cell we have to get a slice of an onion and peel a small part of the onion we peel it with the tweezers and straighten it carefully and put a drop of methodion. Now I am also done with the plant cell.

I was waiting in line to look at my two cells. After a while it was my turn. Mr. Simon also taught us how to turn the nob correctly so we can see it well.

I started seeing the cell but not very well because this was a light microscope I started seeing dots and circle it was a miracle. When I finished it was time to go home.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 81

Science Lab

I have always wanted to see my cells, and today I got the chance. Today, we went to the high school science lab to learn about cells. I saw my cells and they’re blue. I’ve been to many science labs before, but have never studied cells. We have trillions of extraordinary microscopic organisms in our body called cells. There are many different types of cells. But the two main types are animal cells, which we contain. And plant cells, which are found in plants. To get a plant cell, we used a layer of an onion, and to get an animal cell, we used a cotton bud and rotated it against the inside of our cheek. We got a slide and placed either the layer of the onion, or rotated the cotton bud against the slide. Then we placed a drop of methylene blue if we wanted to examine our animal cells, or we placed a drop of iodine if we wanted to examine the plant cells of the onion tissue. We then received a cover slide and placed the cover slide on top of the slide, and we observed the slide in the microscope. Cells are very important and are an amazing sight!

I hate homework I love electronics My favorit food is hamburgers and fries I have a sister and no brother I hate school I hate work